Tribute and Farewell to A16. [Plus bonus tips video]

LuckyStar

With A17 on the horizon I wanted to make one last large build in tribute to A16.

This is to thank TFP and for all their hard work.

A16 has been a fantastic build and I'm very grateful for the amount of effort and care that's gone into it.

This video is divided into two parts.

#1 Tour of the Castle and thanks to TFP.

#2 Building Tips video from a player with thousands of hours of gameplay.

Just some things I wanted to share that I didn't find in other videos.

Mostly for new players but some veterans might find an interesting thing or two in there as well.

THANKS AGAIN TFP! A16 HAS BEEN REALLY GREAT AND THIS IS MY WAY OF SHOWING MY APPRECIATION.

One last thing; if you'd like to add something to this thread, perhaps your own thanks, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

~ Lucky Star

Oh great! >.<

Someone moved this to the forum that no one ever looks at.

All the work to make this and hardly anyone's ever gonna see it now.

{Sigh}

It's stuff like this that made me stop posting stuff.

Oh well, I suppose some Moderator thought they were doing to right thing.

Can't blame them for that.

I don't agree, mind you, this isn't a VIDEO post.

This was just a thread to say thanks to TFP and say goodbye to A16.

It invited others to post a thanks as well..... you know... in the hopes the TFP staff would see it.

Bleh...... now they won't.

:frusty: 100 hours to make this down the drain.

Oh great! >.<

Someone moved this to the forum that no one ever looks at.

All the work to make this and hardly anyone's ever gonna see it now.

{Sigh}

It's stuff like this that made me stop posting stuff.

Oh well, I suppose some Moderator thought they were doing to right thing.

Can't blame them for that.

I don't agree, mind you, this isn't a VIDEO post.

This was just a thread to say thanks to TFP and say goodbye to A16.

It invited others to post a thanks as well..... you know... in the hopes the TFP staff would see it.

Bleh...... now they won't.

:frusty: 100 hours to make this down the drain.

Same thing happened to me last time I posted a build. If you're not on the cool kid list you get bumped to the closet.

Excellent building and interior decoration. It's a real shame that most of these items are purely cosmetic. I really wish, that someday most of these provide some practical use and that the game detects rooms to provide additional bonuses akeen to Rimworld/ONY. Fridge for preventing spoilage, bathroom for hygiene, special kinds of storage providing something more than just generic storage, forges needing ventilation, decoration items to boost your well-being etc... One can dream...

Excellent building and interior decoration. It's a real shame that most of these items are purely cosmetic. I really wish, that someday most of these provide some practical use and that the game detects rooms to provide additional bonuses akeen to Rimworld/ONY. Fridge for preventing spoilage, bathroom for hygiene, special kinds of storage providing something more than just generic storage, forges needing ventilation, decoration items to boost your well-being etc... One can dream...

Sounds great. I'd love to make stuff like that for bonuses.

Of course, we won't see stuff like that [if ever] until Colonies arrive and who knows how long that will be.

If 7DTD ever gets to the point where we can raise our own colonies I'll put it at my #1 game ever. ^_^"

Sounds great. I'd love to make stuff like that for bonuses.

Of course, we won't see stuff like that [if ever] until Colonies arrive and who knows how long that will be.

If 7DTD ever gets to the point where we can raise our own colonies I'll put it at my #1 game ever. ^_^"

Have TFP said anything official about colonies and by colonies, do you mean fallout RTS mod style settlements with npcs and such? Still, with or without colonies these would be great to have.

Have TFP said anything official about colonies and by colonies, do you mean fallout RTS mod style settlements with npcs and such? Still, with or without colonies these would be great to have.

Yeah MadMole responded to one of my questions in a Q&A last year [jeez time flies].

He said something about NPC's, Quests, and possible colonies.

So... it's not confirmed but at least they're talking about it..... which is hopeful.

What he also mentioned is that IF we get them [colonies] it will be just before they do the Multiplayer overhaul which he said would be the very last thing they do because it would take the whole team to work on it.

I guess they plan some good things for Multiplayer down the road.

That's hopeful too!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Bro, if you knock a chick up today, you'll be naming your kid before you say farewell to 16.4.

It is taking awhile.

The hardest part for me is not being able to make POI's.

I really want to update all the ones I've got in Magoli's pack and make a ton of new ones.

Also I have more than 100 POI's I've never shared with anyone here.

It's kind of what made my server unique so I didn't share them, but I don't run a server anymore.

Now I may as well share those POI's but.... who knows what A17 will do.

Chatted with Magoli a bit [who's the GURU of POI's] and he suggested waiting for release.

He's right. What's the point in editing existing ones or creating new ones until we know what we're dealing with.

Bleh!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived