[07/11] - Message from the Team - Progress update

Clare

Yeah wolves will suck im sure. Do they spawn a lot in pc? I dont think ive seen many on videos ive watched on youtube.

The only ones i saw were the dire wolves in that true survival mod. Are they in vanilla or just regular wolves?

They do spawn a bunch in vanilla on PC. With working 6 days a week and all I haven't played much games lately. When I do play it isn't that long and has mostly been console gaming because I can play down and play while I get to a sleep stage lol. But last I played was on a sub server and he was 100% vanilla. He adjusted the horde night spawning to make more show but other then that everything was set normal. I came across 6 wolves in the plains area I avoided them and went the other way and in the distance could see a dog pack so then turned again and right around the snow area seen a dire wolf.

Last time I played on my non server map had 2 wolf packs pop up and 1 dog pack and 2 dire wolves show. The first wolf pack I seen I ran because all I had was a bow no guns. As I was running another wolf pack spawned I kept running. Then a dog pack. I managed to get on a rock to build my stamina when they did the confused running around In Circles thing I jumped off and a dire wolf spawned. I managed to get on a roof top and then the other dire wolf spawned. I didn't have enough arrows to kill everything so finally gave up and jumped of roof and broke my leg and tried to run but died lol.

Does that answer your question? Lol

Really I think it depends on the biomes you get in the seed. I've had some maps where wolves were all over the place, and some where I was lucky to see two Alpha wolves on an entire playthrough.

The entity spawner and wandering horde spawner have their own randomizer too, so it's also just partly luck of the draw.

I remember my best run on warrior (diffuculty level 4) about 9 months ago when I tried to pass day 100 without dying. On day 98 I entered the wasteland biome for the first time and a few seconds after crossing the biome border I hit such a landmine while riding my minibike - dead immidiately, 100 days survival tryout failed. You can't see those mines on that debris covered ground, especially not on the bike when you are moving quickly.

Although I was so close to my goal I didn't turn angry, I was just disappointed that it happened for a reason players do not have influence on.

I remember my best run on warrior (diffuculty level 4) about 9 months ago when I tried to pass day 100 without dying. On day 98 I entered the wasteland biome for the first time and a few seconds after crossing the biome border I hit such a landmine while riding my minibike - dead immidiately, 100 days survival tryout fal

when playing "one and done" you have to alter the way you play. I've gone over 250 on insane but i definitely stay out of the wastelands for the mines as well as the packs of dogs.

when playing "one and done" you have to alter the way you play. I've gone over 250 on insane but i definitely stay out of the wastelands for the mines as well as the packs of dogs.

I wish they had a option for when you die to start back at level one with all perks gone. On single player you can just start a new game easily. On multiplayer it isn't so easy. I have made a few friends mad when I host and end up dead and like well that is it time for a new map.

A option to reset the character would help. Yeah you would still have all the stuff you crafted or looted or even built but you wouldn't have any skill points or anything else. Either a option in settings or a option when you die you can either respawn or reset. Then on multiplayer you can play dead is dead if you wish and not worry about others.

When I had that game running the last update just came out one month ago (September) and I didn't know about the landmines.

Dogs are no problem as long as you keep jumping and placing spikes while running backwards. But if those mines are totally new and nearly invisible you stand no chance on your first try.

.............Does that answer your question? Lol

It sure does, lol. Man now im not looking forward to the wolves. At least like you said they give meat tho.

The dogs are bad enough. It looks like the vultures & snakes are more of just a pain than a challenge. Kinda like the bees i guess.

I wish they would leave the bees in & just add the vultures. The bees are really no challenge but are a good source of honey. The pain about them is first locating them, then trying to get them to come low enough to kill them.

It sure does, lol. Man now im not looking forward to the wolves. At least like you said they give meat tho.

The dogs are bad enough. It looks like the vultures & snakes are more of just a pain than a challenge. Kinda like the bees i guess.

I wish they would leave the bees in & just add the vultures. The bees are really no challenge but are a good source of honey. The pain about them is first locating them, then trying to get them to come low enough to kill them.

Like SylenThunder said some games you might not see hardly any. So I guess it depends but still my question is still the same will console match the same % settings they use on PC to determine how many and how often and such you get. Or will console have to change some stuff to get it work right due to the limitations. Either way if wolves make it yes we at least get the raw meat and not rotten flesh or whatever it is called sorry my mind is blank if it is rotten meat or rotten flesh.

Anyway if they add vultures the bees will be taken out. Vultures are not horrible they just a pain at the moment but this could change some so we may or may not have to really deal with it to long if they do add them. They at least are a threat unlike bees. They will come down and attack. They are just a pain to hit with a arrow or bullet. Take a automatic weapon and you should kill no problem lol. But use a pistol or arrow especially arrows are a pain. You have better odds to carry a club or something to hit them with.

If added the stealth will work better then it does now and the night vision goggles actually work and not make things all green looking. So if they add these things getting out at night isn't as bad. Really most A16 stuff if added will be good. About the only things I don't care to much for as of A16 goes is electricity and the traps. They still need work and stuff so as of now I'm glad they added it but don't care to use them as of now. The town layout is great but I don't care for two and sometimes 4 military bases/camps being right beside one another and other buildings the same. But overall it is ok just can't wait for the next update to see if they got towns layouts better and such. But I guess if this added to console we will have to deal with it for a few. Anyway crossing fingers that we get some more news within another week or two for console lol.

I hear that. Im so excited to see what we get. I know the next post will likely just be another update of where they're at, which is awesome, but hopefully they can let us know what features to expect.

Im looking forward to jumping back in and sinking more hours into this awesome game!

my best friend said if they added the compound bow he would play, i told him to stop watching pc stuff. im guessing a restart or id start playing again

That seems a lil silly that's whats keeping him from playing but to each his own i guess. The compound bow is basically just another bow, we already have the regular bow & crossbow. This does make sense to have though in a survival game.

Seeing as how TFP dont wanna add too many "like" weapons, i'm surprised this is in the game. I do hope we get the new arrow impact sound.

That seems a lil silly that's whats keeping him from playing but to each his own i guess. The compound bow is basically just another bow, we already have the regular bow & crossbow. This does make sense to have though in a survival game.

Seeing as how TFP dont wanna add too many "like" weapons, i'm surprised this is in the game. I do hope we get the new arrow impact sound.

I say a high chance the compound bow will get added.

Reason they added another bow is because they felt and well it is true many others agree that the regular bow was to OP. It is simple to make a regular bow and then use steel arrows with it. The compound bow was put in to make it not so easy to make that would shoot the steel arrows. The regular bow is for regular arrows. I like the compound bow more then guns to be honest it has good power and damage to it. But it is always good to have the SMG by my side for when I do need it lol.

Yeah i'm sure i'll be a fan of the compound bow too, if we get it of course. I'm not much of a gun user. Only use them for horde nights and thats usually for the 21 day horde and up.

I personally like bows & melee weapons. The only time i mess with steel ammunition is with the crossbow. I get by just fine with stone arrows.

Totally agree with you. The problem with guns is that they increase the heat level which leads to higher spawn rates for standard zombies. Unfortunately it is not a challenge for the base or a challenge to fight them, it is just exhausting work. This is why I try to avoid fighting with guns.

I like the regular bow, the compound bow will be awesome. I beleive the compound bow is stronger than the regular bow used to be. The slower fire rate makes you be sure that every shot counts. And you have to admit you feel like a badass when you wipe out a wandering horde dancing around them with a bow and almost never miss a shot

I generally don't like guns unless I have enough bullet, my tactics are spray and pray that I hit more than just trees.

I'm on team spikey club for melee and arrows for sneaky pot shots and ranged take downs - I'm with you guys, the compound bow would be a sweet addition :D

I generally don't like guns unless I have enough bullet, my tactics are spray and pray that I hit more than just trees.

I'm on team spikey club for melee and arrows for sneaky pot shots and ranged take downs - I'm with you guys, the compound bow would be a sweet addition :D

YES! Spiked club FTW unless I get surprised while skinning an animal. Although I will prolly join team machete if we ever get the recipe added as they r super rare for me in current game state

I have to say -- that made me crack up haha. xD I'm not sure if it's because I'm used to shooting in games such as CS-GO and Rust / the like or just guns are different in the game but I am terrrrrrrible with them in 7 days so spiky-club club and sledgy-hammer club are my forte as well :D

Compound bow takes some getting used to for distance but it is quite awesome. Regular bows are hard to go back to, certainly nevermind the crossbow lol.

YES! Spiked club FTW unless I get surprised while skinning an animal. Although I will prolly join team machete if we ever get the recipe added as they r super rare for me in current game state

Man the machete is a beast for sure. My first time really using it was on a pvp server (PC); I took over a prefab house for a temp shelter in the early-game (found a blue machete in an air drop!) and someone started to beat down the front door. I, kinda scared because I only had plant fiber clothing, hid upstairs on a balcony outside the door. He came through the door and I Leeroy-charged him and took him down with one swing to the head! I was rather pleased haha.

Archived