[07/11] - Message from the Team - Progress update

Clare

Should be anytime soon. They did say they were shooting for July and we're barreling toward the end of this month already.

I want OUR update for console though. I'm a poor mofo, cant afford to buy a high end pc just for a game, even one as badass as 7 Days to Die.

Responsibility and bills suck!!

Gmad03 is it really out next week how you know bro

Someone went to PC section asking about console updates. Because it isn't the first time and it happens often they jumped over here to try and be funny.

For us that have both it might be funny. But for those that only play console are not going to find it funny and just make things turn into something that isn't worth the time all because someone new to the forums didn't take time to see the different sections or didn't take time to read that TFP are not over the console.

Anyway console update has not been given a release date yet but it shouldn't be to much longer before they give more information on it. I would say more info will come next month and shortly after that Sony and Microsoft have to approve the update then the team will release it the normally on a Tuesday so probably the Tuesday or two after Sony and Microsoft approves the update.

My guess we are looking at around maybe September but most likely October/November before we see a update on console. Again this is my guess so not confirmed.

Someone went to PC section asking about console updates. Because it isn't the first time and it happens often they jumped over here to try and be funny.

For us that have both it might be funny. But for those that only play console are not going to find it funny and just make things turn into something that isn't worth the time all because someone new to the forums didn't take time to see the different sections or didn't take time to read that TFP are not over the console.

Anyway console update has not been given a release date yet but it shouldn't be to much longer before they give more information on it. I would say more info will come next month and shortly after that Sony and Microsoft have to approve the update then the team will release it the normally on a Tuesday so probably the Tuesday or two after Sony and Microsoft approves the update.

My guess we are looking at around maybe September but most likely October/November before we see a update on console. Again this is my guess so not confirmed.

Don’t take this harsh bro (not on about you) but pc players are big headed coming in to a console form talking about there stuff it’s stupid ...how I see it it’s good that pc gets it first then we get it when it’s complete..... I have a feeling it’s a week after there full alpha17 release like it was last year

shows pc are be test rabbits 😂😂

I’d be fine waiting until oct/nov for as I am using a lot of water in my current build, so much I think I am a glutton for punishment, plus it gives IG extra time with the new Unity.

Think I might finally break down and buy game for PC as well, laptop does have 8gb of memory, so maybe with the engine upgrade on PC as well it’ll run okay. Plus then I’ll have it when I build gaming PC.

I was a little disappointed when faatal got involved with whole console posting on PC side but if his AI improvements are as good as what he’s talked about in his thread I’ll forgive him 😊.

I’d be fine waiting until oct/nov for as I am using a lot of water in my current build, so much I think I am a glutton for punishment, plus it gives IG extra time with the new Unity.

Think I might finally break down and buy game for PC as well, laptop does have 8gb of memory, so maybe with the engine upgrade on PC as well it’ll run okay. Plus then I’ll have it when I build gaming PC.

I was a little disappointed when faatal got involved with whole console posting on PC side but if his AI improvements are as good as what he’s talked about in his thread I’ll forgive him 😊.

Yeah, like I said going into it just makes more than it actually is.

What he improved could make it to this console update if it is ready and they sent what they need to IG. But for now we have to assume because it hasn't even been released yet that console might not see that right away at least this coming update.

Yeah, like I said going into it just makes more than it actually is.

What he improved could make it to this console update if it is ready and they sent what they need to IG. But for now we have to assume because it hasn't even been released yet that console might not see that right away at least this coming update.

That would be amazing if it makes it in but if it doesn’t I’m okay with it and totally understand. I was more talking about when I grab the PC version seeing it in action.

All I really want for this update would be more pois if possible and the new skill system. I’m gettin real tired of spam crafting 😂

Is there a chance we can find out if irradiated zombies will be coming? By the time ferals and cops finally show up they literally have no chance of getting in. Takes all the fear out of horde night.

Man i hope so. Everything is simply speculation from here. Only IG knows what we are gettimg for sure. Im hoping for new poi's & new zombies myself. Everything else will just be icing on the cake!

In my opinion it is the most important thing to get new zombies because most players need a new challenge. The dynamic horde made the game way to easy and everyone quickly got used to the standard zombies which are not not hard to fight as long as they can't destroy blocks as quick as they do in Alpha 16.4.

All in all it totally took the strategy out of the game, you can hide behind your walls before ferals and cops start to spawn and even as soon as they appear they are still too weak or don't find a way in.

Of course an AI overhaul is a very big thing which takes very much time to get everything running well but for now it by far would be enough to have enemies which can break through barriers instead of passing them.

getting rid of the invisible. 1 hit hill landmines. it's the only reason i stopped playing. even with maxed out raider armour,maxed heavy armour skill and 150 health there still one hit kills. the fact there invisible is verry unfair. seems lkke every map is half wasteland

Personally have still yet to find these invisible landmines. Don't get that wrong not saying others have not but just saying I have yet to find any that was invisible.

Anyway try the seed "outbreak" I didn't explore all the map but did explore all the way around on the main roads. The only wasteland from the main road is in the top left side of the map it starts at the edge of a town that maybe like 2 town blocks not much of the town at all. And goes out a little ways. The seed has 10 towns and a few crossroads. The rest of the map didn't have a bunch. Anyway the wasteland is easily avoidable in this seed just stay away from the north west part of the map. The road that leads into it from the city goes to a dead end anyway. But it is only like 300 or so blocks east to west and like 500 blocks north to south. It is very very little wasteland.

Maybe this update will help those that are having issues with the landmines and being able to see them and such. Also maybe this update will match PC when it comes to landmines and one hit will not kill you. But they are here to stay or at least for now they have not talked about taking them out.

Everyone who likes to test some very cool seeds with many town and traders (10 towns and 6 traders in average) should visit crackpot texas' YouTube channel. He tries out the best seeds and gives an overview how the seed looks like on the ingame map (PS4).

I play a seed shown by him called "Valencia".

Personally have still yet to find these invisible landmines. Don't get that wrong not saying others have not but just saying I have yet to find any that was invisible.

Anyway try the seed "outbreak" I didn't explore all the map but did explore all the way around on the main roads. The only wasteland from the main road is in the top left side of the map it starts at the edge of a town that maybe like 2 town blocks not much of the town at all. And goes out a little ways. The seed has 10 towns and a few crossroads. The rest of the map didn't have a bunch. Anyway the wasteland is easily avoidable in this seed just stay away from the north west part of the map. The road that leads into it from the city goes to a dead end anyway. But it is only like 300 or so blocks east to west and like 500 blocks north to south. It is very very little wasteland.

Maybe this update will help those that are having issues with the landmines and being able to see them and such. Also maybe this update will match PC when it comes to landmines and one hit will not kill you. But they are here to stay or at least for now they have not talked about taking them out.

it has something todo with uneven terain and them sinking into the ground. the ones around bases i can see fine

Everyone who likes to test some very cool seeds with many town and traders (10 towns and 6 traders in average) should visit crackpot texas' YouTube channel. He tries out the best seeds and gives an overview how the seed looks like on the ingame map (PS4).

I play a seed shown by him called "Valencia".

Yeah ive seen some of his vids, does have some cool looking seeds. I think that valencia seed is mostly forest & lots of traders & towns if i remember right.

it has something todo with uneven terain and them sinking into the ground. the ones around bases i can see fine

I'm nervous around the wasteland because all the problems others like you have reported about the land mines.

Ive never been killed by an invisible one either, at least i dont think, obviously i didnt see the sumbitch when it killed me, lol.

They are hard to see though, sure do blend in with the terrain of the wasteland. They sure make for good jumpscares. That & the dogs of course 🐕

I have started a new game with this seed on insane three days ago. I made it to day 17 without dying and wanted to continue playing yesterday but the game always freezes on the loading screen.

I had that kind of problem already in the past, tried to load other save games. One of them freezed too and the other one worked well for a few minutes and got freezed during the game. I tried to load the valencia seed once more but it remained frozen on the loading screen again.

When I had that kind of problem before I deleted the game from the SSD and downloaded it again - and it worked. I have to try today wether it helps to solve the problem again or not.

And yes, I spawned east of the hub city in the maple forest biome. After I climed on a house roof and stacked a bunch of wood frames I had a view over the map. Very much forest (maple AND pine), some snow in the nort, plains in the north-west and unfortunately wasteland in the far east.

I haven't found any traders yet but in the north of the hub city right where the plains and the pine forest go along each other is a small town with a crack-a-book, a shamway foods, a shotgun-messiah and a pop'n'pills.

Very nice seed.

That is something I do see is the landmines being hard to see. But so is the dirt roads in the wasteland. Hopefully both get better with this update. Texture on PC does make the wasteland easier to deal with. So between this and hopefully they match the PC with it taking more then one landmine to kill you it will be better. Guess we will see.

Lol dogs, if they add the wolves then wouldn't worry so much about the dogs. The way things spawn is different then PC so maybe wolves will not be as big of deal on console. But just incase be prepared to get a dog pack and a wolf pack at the same time. Now that is fun let me tell ya.

Archived