[07/11] - Message from the Team - Progress update

Clare

Does it have the Lion King on it? I just re-bought that for the mega drive. Hands down the hardest game in existence... ...omg... That's why I hate giraffes in games...

This is what I got you can look at the info and pull up the game list it has. Yes it has lion king on it lol.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/560513118/ultimate-retropie-console-loaded-with?gpla=1&gao=1&&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_ts1-a-electronics_and_accessories-video_games&utm_custom1=854920d4-54ea-4d93-9540-70c51123d18c&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIi63C0_fs3AIVhEGGCh1a3w1XEAQYASABEgLHsfD_BwE

It also has starfox, mario rpg and a crap load more. It is pretty cool I will say.

I always keep backups so that if an automatic update causes problems, I can roll back and be fine again. I know with the X-Box guys this isn't an option thanks to Microshaft.

dont think you can roll back any updates on console, the game has to update before it launches so even if you install from disk it will try to update to the latest. nice try though blaming MS.

Will this fix the terrible draw and rendering issues as well? Played 6 months ago and couldnt stand not being able to see trees, grass, rocks, etc until I was within 20ft of them (and yes, distant TERRAIN is on, but that doesnt help with the actual environment), tried today and thought I spawned in a world with no trees.

Will this fix the terrible draw and rendering issues as well? Played 6 months ago and couldnt stand not being able to see trees, grass, rocks, etc until I was within 20ft of them (and yes, distant TERRAIN is on, but that doesnt help with the actual environment), tried today and thought I spawned in a world with no trees.

Distant Terrain doesn't help with any of that. It only helps see the terrain. In A16 on PC they added distant POI not sure if that is coming to console or not but it will not help with trees. A17 that they are currently working on I think they are adding distant trees but again not sure if console will get it or not.

Maybe it is just me or maybe not but I have seen more trees pop up and around with distant terrain turned off. But you will not see as far.

Distant Terrain doesn't help with any of that. It only helps see the terrain. In A16 on PC they added distant POI not sure if that is coming to console or not but it will not help with trees. A17 that they are currently working on I think they are adding distant trees but again not sure if console will get it or not.

Maybe it is just me or maybe not but I have seen more trees pop up and around with distant terrain turned off. But you will not see as far.

Yeah, seems it's one or the other, which I don't totally understand, these consoles are powerful enough to render this stuff for a fair distance.

Does it have the Lion King on it? I just re-bought that for the mega drive. Hands down the hardest game in existence... ...omg... That's why I hate giraffes in games...

Yes it does have the lion king & yes that is a super difficult game. I bought the everdrive china version off ebay. All the games are in english though.

I absolutely love it. Brings back so many frustrating memories, lol 😠😡😲

dont think you can roll back any updates on console, the game has to update before it launches so even if you install from disk it will try to update to the latest. nice try though blaming MS.

Yeah think he just meant the game saves, not the version or build number. All our options of playing different builds would be to delete all game data & turn off your internet to play the original release version or to not allow the game to update past 1.18 or whatever xbox currently is.

I believe ive read pc can revert their games to previous alphas which is pretty cool.

♥Originally Posted by♥Outlaw_187♥ I believe ive read pc can revert their games to pr

were currently sitting in 1.18.0

all I want is to just play the game and enjoy it. only ever have it crash when my 2 buds jump in (pmp) and the rare chance of invisible zombies (sp).

looking forward to the update, but please take your time. rushed projects can be worse then the original if not done properly

Yeah think he just meant the game saves, not the version or build number. All our options of playing different builds would be to delete all game data & turn off your internet to play the original release version or to not allow the game to update past 1.18 or whatever xbox currently is.

I believe ive read pc can revert their games to previous alphas which is pretty cool.

but that would only work for a game save from the original version or one before an update that required a restart.

yes, on PC you can install previous versions as you choose and yes then those game saves would be good. just not for console.

i would not want a previous version. this version is the best so far. going back would be pointless. i know ill need to restart but oh well.

what does that or your previous answer have to with the discussion of rolling back updates and using back up saves to stop unwanted changes?

sounds like neither MS or Sony allow you to do that

New theory: TFP et al are procrastinating console development, hedging that civilization will collapse soon enough before anyone can complain about the state of the game on console.

Game respect game. Well done.

Why don't you take your pants and leave us alone?

I have never read a post from you which was free of crying and complaining. If you can't take the time to wait for the update then do us a favor and stop flaming around each time you enter the forum. You got that game for a low price and will receive another, probably very big update this time - and once again it is for free completely.

Archived