fertilizer

Gamida

How and Where is it something you dig up?

I have yet to dig any myself but I do recall that someone once said it still looks like fertilizer you use in your own farm fields. I do slightly remember seeing some in a game but can't remember when it was so I had to ask here.

I wasn't aware you could spot it on the overhead map. What I've seen common is that you'll find fertilizer in the burnt forest biome around those groups of small trees. Kinda like in the desert where you see a lot of grass in certain areas, and those patches have loot containers spawn in with them (trash piles, duffel bags, moldy backpacks, etc). The fertilizer seems to spawn in a similar fashion, except that it's in the ground instead of on top of it.

Burnt Forest fertilizer looks a lot like gravel through the haze. Once you get closer it is brown and white like other fertilized dirt, but you only get a 30% chance to dig up a fertilizer for each block iirc. If you're running through a Burnt Forest and you have space, it's a lot faster to dig it up than to make it, even using the Chemistry Station.

Burnt Forest fertilizer looks a lot like gravel through the haze. Once you get closer it is brown and white like other fertilized dirt, but you only get a 30% chance to dig up a fertilizer for each block iirc. If you're running through a Burnt Forest and you have space, it's a lot faster to dig it up than to make it, even using the Chemistry Station.

Totally correct!

The key is "brown and white like other fertilized dirt" <--

Not sure about the percentage but I did testing about the blocks and depth. I think it can go 2 block below the surface, as long as it looks "brown and white" dig it up!!! That 'brown' patch will show you the way.

Vedui made a great video on that. Look for the darker patches in the burnt biome when looking at map. Digging up fertilizer there is much faster than making it in the cement mixer or lab station.

Thanks!

Apparently this was a thing even in earlier Alphas, though most I spoke to only knew of it from A16. It's super useful though, get the fertilizer, get the oil shale, coal and nitrate all in one place :)

On the map look for black area's in the burnt forest biome, then when you go to those area's look for the normal fertilizer texture on the ground. Dig up anything thats brown like normal dirt, as any of it can give fertilizer, stop digging when its nothing but black soil, as thats just normal burnt forest ground. I didn't even know you could get free fertilizer till a16.4 when I decided to check youtube for a easier way to get it other than making it yourself. I figured if there is a way someone probally has a tutorial video how to find it out there. You have about 33% chance per brown dirt block in the burnt forest biome to get fertilizer from it I think.

Archived