Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

6 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Yep, I use 16GB min, 32GB max AND a windows managed file and it works a lot better.

But this system has 32GB system ram.

I'm currently shopping around for parts on my next build, the one thing I'm not budging on is getting a EATX mobo for the 4 memory slots. Gigabyte X570 Aorus XTREME EATX AM4

(not sure what's up with this gap in the text)  maxes out at 128 GB, going to start at 64 to save some money in the mean time. The PC I'm using would be fine for a while if not limited to a max of 16 GB of ram.
Edited by Chivalric (see edit history)

Just now, KhaineGB said:

Normal ATX has 4 slots too. Hell i'm looking at an mATX for a NAS and that's got 4 slots too.

Yeah just couldn't find any in the price range I wanted.

I'm going to move over my GPU, storage, and PSU, rest will be new. The micro ATX I worked with in this build was overkill for what I wanted it for back in the day, since I only played 2-3 games and they were all older, but plans and people change. I'm going for a minimum of $2k on this build. Current one was $800~850 in 2014 lol

Well @%$#, apparently I filtered my results too much, found one comparable at like 1/4 the price.

1 hour ago, 蔬菜大杂烩 said:

武器攻击头部之外的身体只有五分之一的伤害是不是让丧尸们太过强大

撞击头部附近的上半身似乎比四肢和下半身造成更大的伤害。用谷歌翻译。

Original question according to Google translate:

Weapons attacking the body other than the head only does one-fifth of the damage, does it make the zombies too powerful?

I'm unable to get the Vehicles for Dumb$hits progression to work on our server. I've tested in a single player and it works fine. On the server however, it only gives 1 level of the progression. I've tried reading the books in my inventory and consuming them on my toolbelt with no luck. Any ideas?

I have a question, I’ve made a server through BlueFang Solutions and set it up for DarknessFalls A20.1 Dev Build and got it running. When I try to join it get stuck on creating player. But when I’m on that creating play screen time pass in the sever(seen in server browser showing time going by). It’s happens to all players trying to join. What you guys think? I’ve tried google and forums but nothing seems to be working? 

Ok... new world (DFMedium), and same errors with Skill Notes being unable to be read (all greyed out as an option).  Recipes are all fine... but any weapon Note is unreadable - even from the Hotbar

So far, Archery Notes, Rifle Notes and Shotgun Notes are the only ones that have dropped for me yet, and here are screenies of two of them.  Note they show as 'Unread' and I have zero (0) skill points in either Rifle or Shotgun, so there shouldn't be any conflict there.

7d2d A20_1 Skill Notes.jpg

7d2d A20_1 Skill Notes2.jpg

8 hours ago, 蔬菜大杂烩 said:

Weapons attacking the body other than the head only does one-fifth of the damage, does it make the zombies too powerful?

Yes because higher difficulty does less damage UNLESS you headshot. So it's intended. Turn your difficulty down if you don't like it.

3 hours ago, wwarriner said:

I'm unable to get the Vehicles for Dumb$hits progression to work on our server. I've tested in a single player and it works fine. On the server however, it only gives 1 level of the progression. I've tried reading the books in my inventory and consuming them on my toolbelt with no luck. Any ideas?

Will have a look at it but it was working fine for me. Tbh that's probably a bug I will NOT chase.

46 minutes ago, MrDevil42 said:

I have a question, I’ve made a server through BlueFang Solutions and set it up for DarknessFalls A20.1 Dev Build and got it running. When I try to join it get stuck on creating player. But when I’m on that creating play screen time pass in the sever(seen in server browser showing time going by). It’s happens to all players trying to join. What you guys think? I’ve tried google and forums but nothing seems to be working? 

Try deleting localization on the server in Mods\0-DarknessFallsCore\Config. I may remove the additional languages as the server seems to have issues if localization files are too large. I believe this has been reported as a bug to TFP.

9 minutes ago, Lumpus said:

Ok... new world (DFMedium), and same errors with Skill Notes being unable to be read (all greyed out as an option).  Recipes are all fine... but any weapon Note is unreadable - even from the Hotbar

So far, Archery Notes, Rifle Notes and Shotgun Notes are the only ones that have dropped for me yet, and here are screenies of two of them.  Note they show as 'Unread' and I have zero (0) skill points in either Rifle or Shotgun, so there shouldn't be any conflict there.

7d2d A20_1 Skill Notes.jpg

7d2d A20_1 Skill Notes2.jpg

Again, as I said earlier in this thread, DO NOT USE THE READ SHORTCUT!!!!!

Close your inventory, scroll to the book on your toolbelt, left click, done. It works fine.

2 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Yes because higher difficulty does less damage UNLESS you headshot. So it's intended. Turn your difficulty down if you don't like it.

Will have a look at it but it was working fine for me. Tbh that's probably a bug I will NOT chase.

Try deleting localization on the server in Mods\0-DarknessFallsCore\Config. I may remove the additional languages as the server seems to have issues if localization files are too large. I believe this has been reported as a bug to TFP.

Again, as I said earlier in this thread, DO NOT USE THE READ SHORTCUT!!!!!

Close your inventory, scroll to the book on your toolbelt, left click, done. It works fine.

Sadly no luck, if it help just seeing that these are the two error messages I get when it gets stuck?    
EER NCSimple_Desenalizer (ch=0)

EXC Parsed data size (1342) does not match expected (1347)  in NetPackage PlayerId

4 hours ago, MrDevil42 said:

Sadly no luck, if it help just seeing that these are the two error messages I get when it gets stuck?    
EER NCSimple_Desenalizer (ch=0)

EXC Parsed data size (1342) does not match expected (1347)  in NetPackage PlayerId

No idea. That sounds like either a profile mismatch or a corrupt profile.

3 hours ago, 蔬菜大杂烩 said:

When I choose to jump from the hole of 2 blocks into the hole of 1 block, I will cross to the top platform. What is the reason for this?

You need to post in english as per the forum rules. My GUESS, based on google translate, is that's the one block crouch

20 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

不知道。这听起来像是配置文件不匹配或配置文件损坏。

您需要根据论坛规则以英语发布。我的猜测,基于谷歌翻译,是一块蹲伏

The mountain lion's head twisted after I attacked it with a hammer

Now I'd like to know which houses you use to defend against the attack of demons.

My floating room was burned alive by the fire of demons.

11 minutes ago, 蔬菜大杂烩 said:

Now I'd like to know which houses you use to defend against the attack of demons.

Sir, this is a Wendy's...

25 minutes ago, 蔬菜大杂烩 said:

I don't use POI's. I build a horde base

5 hours ago, SurvivorStu said:

Short question: The Elevator does not work atm does it? 

It always says, wrong type of elevator regardless wich one i put in place

Not in A19, no

3 hours ago, guilgamesh said:

Hello Khaine, are you all better from your covid bout? I hope everything's allright.

Just get tired easy now, but otherwise ok