Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

4 minutes ago, Gr.o.m. said:

How do I get a deleted class quest back?

Since I got accidentially rid of one instead of a scout quest.

You have to use the console.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, 20.4 is in stable now, so Darkness Falls V4.03 is now released!

Patch notes are literally "Updated the mod to work with 20.4" and that's it. Folks running the dev build said saves transfered from 4.02 to 4.03 with no problems. Compo Pack stuff will come later after we've curated the list, so it'll be like 4.03A or something.

Download Link: https://dev.azure.com/KhaineUK/_git/DarknessFallsA20 (click the 3 dots, select download as zip)
Alt Download Link: https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darkness-falls-a20/-/tree/main (click the icon next to clone and then zip) (edited)

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

The crop system doesn't work for me or I don't know what I'm doing wrong but the crops don't grow, I've tried with an irrigation system, putting a rain collector in the center and nothing, after two days only a few went to growth and after six days They still don't grow, I've tried it in creative before doing it in my game, I don't know why, someone who can help me.

Edited by zelldur (see edit history)

So yesterday they did a small patch changing the server browser, also Moving the Mod folder to %APPDATA% now the Mods are broken.

But even if I move the mods, it cause 2 issues.

1 - Main menu repeats red errors "can't find Main Menu" and it overlays the server browser on top of the main menu.

2 - Even if I fight my way through it, games loads ok. But non-stop red error.

error name cannot be null, and others like name is not referance or something.

Any chance of a quick hotfix? I really love your mod and don't want t o go back to vanilla.

The important things is, is water close by, or are the rain catcher all dry ?

Then you should pickup or destroy these raincatcher and place new ones.

Same for the irrigation system, there need to be water next to the pump.

When you are mosttimes away from your base, you should place a scarecrow (new item at 4.02), then the crop's will work/gfrow even when no player is near.

6 hours ago, Franulus said:

Probably a very stupid question, but what languages supported by the mod and how to change it? Thanks in advance for your reply

It's English only atm, and I did a translation to German (you will find the according small mod some pages back). Khaine used to add some more translations, but due to a bug in vanilla's language system, this does not seem to work with this version.  I have not yet tested my German translation with 4.03, but it should work.

@KhaineGB Please test my translation again (you did it already few weeks ago) and feel free to include it in your distribution. It would make me proud :)

1 hour ago, Canute said:

The important things is, is water close by, or are the rain catcher all dry ?

Then you should pickup or destroy these raincatcher and place new ones.

Same for the irrigation system, there need to be water next to the pump.

When you are mosttimes away from your base, you should place a scarecrow (new item at 4.02), then the crop's will work/gfrow even when no player is near.

The rain catchers do not work very well, it is full, after a while it is empty, I check again a while later and it is full I want to think that it is because it is consumed by the crops or it is that they do not work well and the irrigation system does I did with its pump making a well with two catchers collecting water, it always has water

4 hours ago, zelldur said:

The crop system doesn't work for me or I don't know what I'm doing wrong but the crops don't grow, I've tried with an irrigation system, putting a rain collector in the center and nothing, after two days only a few went to growth and after six days They still don't grow, I've tried it in creative before doing it in my game, I don't know why, someone who can help me.

Crops take 2 IRL hours per STAGE and they don't grow if the chunk isn't active.

Which is why the scarecrow exists. Crops work fine. I literally harvested some corn in my YT series.

1 hour ago, SirCuddlesWorth said:

So yesterday they did a small patch changing the server browser, also Moving the Mod folder to %APPDATA% now the Mods are broken.

But even if I move the mods, it cause 2 issues.

1 - Main menu repeats red errors "can't find Main Menu" and it overlays the server browser on top of the main menu.

2 - Even if I fight my way through it, games loads ok. But non-stop red error.

error name cannot be null, and others like name is not referance or something.

Any chance of a quick hotfix? I really love your mod and don't want t o go back to vanilla.

The /Mods folder in the game folder still works right now.

So use that.

9 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Which is why the scarecrow exists. Crops work fine. I literally harvested some corn in my YT series.

The /Mods folder in the game folder still works right now.

So use that.

I just tried it back in the original Mod folder, no error on main menu thank you.

I was working hard on my base before that patch.

6 minutes ago, SirCuddlesWorth said:

I just tried it back in the original Mod folder, no error on main menu thank you.

I was working hard on my base before that patch.

Yep, that's what i'm using right now. I had some issues I needed to fix up before the new location can be used.

1 of 3 is fixed. The second I know HOW to fix cos of the first, the third is going to be more difficult, but I have a working theory.

50 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

For a game that the day lasts 120m, is it also 2h for the crops to grow? What rank do scarecrows have?

6 minutes ago, zelldur said:

For a game that the day lasts 120m, is it also 2h for the crops to grow? What rank do scarecrows have?

Yes. It's 2 RL hours no matter what. I don't remember if you need to unlock anything to build the scarecrow

Putting this here as I play with DF.

Doing the hunter class quest at the begining when you have to kill 5 zeds with a basic bow and arrow system.

Happily shooting zeds to kill them. I have killed 3 when the system shows 2. Then  I am looking at the loading screen while the game is continuing in the background with sounds of my character getting hit. I quickly managed to get control back with not much damage to my zed-hunter.  I must admit I did utter some swear words along the lines of golly gosh and damn and blast, ish.

It happened so quickly. Anyway, I deleted that save and I will start again.

Sorry, no log file

Has any one gotten Darkness falls to work on a server since the last update? Cause i ran the updates for the game and the mod but the server wont load up correctly.  I even deleted the mod folder and reinstalled the game files to the server and still nothing.

BTW is the Krunch map a stand alone or does it need the darkness falls mod?

Edited by Twistediron (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Twistediron said:

Has any one gotten Darkness falls to work on a server since the last update? Cause i ran the updates for the game and the mod but the server wont load up correctly.  I even deleted the mod folder and reinstalled the game files to the server and still nothing.

[..]

No, I didn't try it yet, but did you see the changelog:

-----cut here---

Server owners will need to add/modify these 2 new properties in the serverconfig.xml. These filters will help players find your server.

<property name="Region"  value="NorthAmericaEast" />
Values must be one of the following:
NorthAmericaEast, NorthAmericaWest, CentralAmerica, SouthAmerica, Europe, Russia, Asia, MiddleEast, Africa, Oceania

<property name="Language" value="English" />
Values: Use any language name that your players would expect to search for. Should be the English name of the language, e.g. not "Deutsch" but "German". This is a filter name only and DOES NOT SET the language for players.

If no region is entered on the server end, you will not be able to find the server.

-----

Edited by Falaffel (see edit history)

14 hours ago, Phil said:

Putting this here as I play with DF.

Doing the hunter class quest at the begining when you have to kill 5 zeds with a basic bow and arrow system.

Happily shooting zeds to kill them. I have killed 3 when the system shows 2. Then  I am looking at the loading screen while the game is continuing in the background with sounds of my character getting hit. I quickly managed to get control back with not much damage to my zed-hunter.  I must admit I did utter some swear words along the lines of golly gosh and damn and blast, ish.

It happened so quickly. Anyway, I deleted that save and I will start again.

Sorry, no log file

Huh, never heard of an error like that before.

5 hours ago, Twistediron said:

BTW is the Krunch map a stand alone or does it need the darkness falls mod?

Yes. I tested it locally before uploading.

The map needs the mod.