Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

2 minutes ago, ZombieMikeG said:

Can someone help me better understand how to use skill points.

1) Should I take the chef skill as a farmer...or will I get them automatically by finishing the quests? I noticed I already got 2 living off the land. Don't want to take anything I will get naturally. So basically, should I not touch any skills in farmer if I started as a farmer?

2) What do you feel are generic "must haves" for Darkness Falls? I see that many are reworked, like Sexual T-Rex, etc. Doesn't look nearly as OP.

Thanks for any help! 

Completing the quests of the class quest chain give you a few (3, I think) skill points that are automatically open random skill in this class. I advice you to complete class quest chains before using your free skill points to open class skills. The quests are pretty easy and don't take a lot of time usually

6 minutes ago, ZombieMikeG said:

What do you feel are generic "must haves" for Darkness Falls?

I master Scientist as soon as possible to get access to the Anti-radiation pills, which will allow you to do jobs in and harvest titanium from the wasteland areas. Otherwise you are locked out of those areas til you manage to find at least 4/5 of the hazmat set or enough hazmat suits to break down into materials for the rad ready set.

1 hour ago, Weazelsun said:

Jeez, her office feels really small. I can't imagine this scout can do much when she is banging her head so often on the ceiling.

They are all "trapped" to keep them from glitching out. Razor was the worst, he'd be vibrating around and creating clones that'd also start vibrating around.

8 minutes ago, Chivalric said:

They are all "trapped" to keep them from glitching out. Razor was the worst, he'd be vibrating around and creating clones that'd also start vibrating around.

So if the ceiling was raised just by 1 block up, they'd all end up making clones? My god... we'd be doomed!

24 minutes ago, Weazelsun said:

So if the ceiling was raised just by 1 block up, they'd all end up making clones? My god... we'd be doomed!

I'd say it's at that height so it'd match the rest of the surrounding planks. Not sure why she was moved away from the trader's little nook, that seemed to work fine.

5 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Just want to pop my head in and say I am reading stuff in here. I've been taking a few days off to refresh the brain. :)

By all means, I expected you to go on a vacation after how much work was required to get the mod going this far after a major update. Thanks again!

16 hours ago, Kepana said:

I dont know that it has an impact on anything I havent done any quests yet. I do get this error on my startup of server and local both using the "DFalls-Medium1-NoCP" map. Since I love a good skyscraper crawl or if a quest sends me to a building that is not there yet. Just thought I would put this out there.

2022-02-10T18:09:50 499.755 ERR Loading prefab "remnant_skyscraper_01" failed: Block "bedrollArmyGreen" (12517) used in prefab is unknown.
2022-02-10T18:09:50 499.756 WRN Could not load prefab 'remnant_skyscraper_01'. Skipping it
2022-02-10T18:10:03 513.094 ERR Loading prefab "remnant_skyscraper_01" failed: Block "bedrollArmyGreen" (12517) used in prefab is unknown.
2022-02-10T18:10:03 513.094 WRN Could not load prefab 'remnant_skyscraper_01'. Skipping it
2022-02-10T18:10:04 514.251 ERR Loading prefab "remnant_skyscraper_01" failed: Block "bedrollArmyGreen" (12517) used in prefab is unknown.
2022-02-10T18:10:04 514.252 WRN Could not load prefab 'remnant_skyscraper_01'. Skipping it

Edit: this is a fresh install on both. And game does run fine.

Although its nice that he included them --- I am not sure if the pre-genned maps are up to date.

My suggestion is to to generate a map from scratch --- It will have at least 2 DF Bunkers in it which is a thing for the end-game.

If you are unsure the map genned correctly you can always examine the map XML and do a search for "Bunker."

When I brought up my own map in a Dedi server it was clean. No Warnings.

On 2/10/2022 at 10:14 AM, ThouShallNotCamp said:

Hi all! Has anyone found a stack mod that works with this newest version and A20? Also, has anyone tried to run Server Tools with it? I'm excited to get this set up on my server tonight for our group. I have missed it!! 

Yep running the latest mod and version on a Dedi server. I recommend creating your own map 1st then bringing it to your server.

Edited by TechieZero
clarification (see edit history)

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

Just want to pop my head in and say I am reading stuff in here. I've been taking a few days off to refresh the brain. :)

Man you deserve a few weeks! Thanks for the dedication to this project its amazing!

8 minutes ago, TechieZero said:

Although its nice that he included them --- I am not sure if the pre-genned maps are up to date.

My suggestion is to to generate a map from scratch --- It will have at least 2 DF Bunkers in it which is a thing for the end-game.

If you are unsure the map genned correctly you can always examine the map XML and do a search for "Bunker."

Yep running the latest mod and version on a Dedi server. I recommend creating your own map 1st then bringing it to your server.

Thanks for the reply, sorry for my confusion, I thought we had to use the default DF maps included in the MOD pack. I believe RWG does not work so when you say generate a map from scratch what do you mean? 

32 minutes ago, TechieZero said:

The maps were literally made 1-2 days before I released.

So you're talking nonsense. RWG doesn't work. Stop telling people to use it.

Hi, I just started a DF playthrough on the small DF map. Completed enough scout missions to be sent to razor but when i went to him and completed the opening trade route mission he has no follow up missions. Just has the text nevermind? Any help with this please?

This is simply more information. I tested with large map as well and it throws the same error/warning. 

2022-02-11T13:19:36 185.098 ERR Loading prefab "remnant_skyscraper_01" failed: Block "bedrollArmyGreen" (12517) used in prefab is unknown.
2022-02-11T13:19:36 185.098 WRN Could not load prefab 'remnant_skyscraper_01'. Skipping it
2022-02-11T13:19:37 185.418 ERR Loading prefab "remnant_skyscraper_01" failed: Block "bedrollArmyGreen" (12517) used in prefab is unknown.
2022-02-11T13:19:37 185.418 WRN Could not load prefab 'remnant_skyscraper_01'. Skipping it
2022-02-11T13:19:37 186.200 ERR Loading prefab "remnant_skyscraper_01" failed: Block "bedrollArmyGreen" (12517) used in prefab is unknown.
2022-02-11T13:19:37 186.200 WRN Could not load prefab 'remnant_skyscraper_01'. Skipping it

Question 1:  I read an entry by KhaineGB posted above (Tuesday) about turning occlusion off if objects are disappearing.  I went to do so, but found occlusion greyed out and non-responsive.  Do I need to change something else to make that possible?  Thanks.

Question 2: Do the new DF maps have all the same biomes (forest, snow, burnt, desert, wasteland, radiated) or have a couple been eliminated with A20?  I've explored about a quarter of the map looking for the burnt biome and coal to make gunpowder, but so far have seen a lot of forest, and little snow and desert.  Just wanted to check to make sure I wasn't looking for something that was gone.  If biome changes, where are the minerals now?  Thanks.

Edited by ryan8438 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Kepana said:

This is simply more information. I tested with large map as well and it throws the same error/warning. 

2022-02-11T13:19:36 185.098 ERR Loading prefab "remnant_skyscraper_01" failed: Block "bedrollArmyGreen" (12517) used in prefab is unknown.
2022-02-11T13:19:36 185.098 WRN Could not load prefab 'remnant_skyscraper_01'. Skipping it
2022-02-11T13:19:37 185.418 ERR Loading prefab "remnant_skyscraper_01" failed: Block "bedrollArmyGreen" (12517) used in prefab is unknown.
2022-02-11T13:19:37 185.418 WRN Could not load prefab 'remnant_skyscraper_01'. Skipping it
2022-02-11T13:19:37 186.200 ERR Loading prefab "remnant_skyscraper_01" failed: Block "bedrollArmyGreen" (12517) used in prefab is unknown.
2022-02-11T13:19:37 186.200 WRN Could not load prefab 'remnant_skyscraper_01'. Skipping it

Vanilla POI issue. I've put a fix in for 4.01 (testers just got it) but you can ignore it.

35 minutes ago, ryan8438 said:

Question 1:  I read an entry by KhaineGB posted above (Tuesday) about turning occlusion off if objects are disappearing.  I went to do so, but found occlusion greyed out and non-responsive.  Do I need to change something else to make that possible?  Thanks.

Question 2: Do the new DF maps have all the same biomes (forest, snow, burnt, desert, wasteland, radiated) or have a couple been eliminated with A20?  I've explored about a quarter of the map looking for the burnt biome and coal to make gunpowder, but so far have seen a lot of forest, and little snow and desert.  Just wanted to check to make sure I wasn't looking for something that was gone.  If biome changes, where are the minerals now?  Thanks.

1) You have to be at the main menu to do it.
2) There's no burnt biome on A20.

1 hour ago, Thundy said:

Did I read correctly you cannot use a RWG world?

Yes:

12 hours ago, FujiToday said:

Does anyone have trouble starting a single player game with Darkness Fall ? 

I tried to start with the DF-8k map but it took too long. The screen kept staying at "Loading game data...".

Perfectly normal. Even on an nvme. There's a lot more assets being loaded than vanilla.

1 hour ago, BarryTGash said:

Perfectly normal. Even on an nvme. There's a lot more assets being loaded than vanilla.

On average, how long does it take to load the game ? Like 15 minutes ?

My laptop is using SSD.

So when I press F1, I saw a lot of errors such as: Could not load Prefab xyz...

Then a long lines of NullReferenceException. 🥴

Edit: I used the wrong launcher, should have used the non-EAC one. Now it worked. But there were still 2 errors related to Prefab.

Edited by FujiToday (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Nickguy5467 said:

the scout quests send you randomly around the whole map. you have no idea if you can do them or not . no range or nothin like trader quests. is it supposed to be like that? a lottery? 😛

The scout sends you approx 200-500 meters away to kill zombies, UNLESS you're on a dedicated server due to a bug in how dedicated servers select areas for buried supplies.

So yes, it is. Don't take them if you can't kill zombies.

48 minutes ago, OverKot said:

Hello. If there is no burned biome, then coal can now be found in any biome?

And about the localizations, are there plans to return them? I am particularly interested in Russian localization )

Check the mining tips of the journal because I updated it.

And as per the patch notes, no. Because the localization was getting too big and crashing servers. It's a bug TFP need to fix.

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

The scout sends you approx 200-500 meters away to kill zombies, UNLESS you're on a dedicated server due to a bug in how dedicated servers select areas for buried supplies.

So yes, it is. Don't take them if you can't kill zombies.

Check the mining tips of the journal because I updated it.

And as per the patch notes, no. Because the localization was getting too big and crashing servers. It's a bug TFP need to fix.

yes im on a dedicated server. so then they are not restricted to the 200m-500m yes? guess ill avoid them or just pick and quit them over and over until i can do one :p

Edited by Nickguy5467 (see edit history)