Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

37 minutes ago, Grolbu said:

Do you actually pace farming plots ? I've been planting straight into the dirt. I'll have another go when I get home tonight just doing two rows then a row of water, there must be a way to plant in straight rows ! (or not, this is DF ...) 

Yes, one trick you can use is place the plots in a checkered pattern, switching up between those and soil each space in the rows. If you try to hoe the soil right next to each other, they'll glitch out and cancel out one near it, and even delete seeds if you had already placed them. Just don't till soil that is right next to each other. Edit: Once I start making a new garden in B36, I'll upload a screen shot.

Edited by Chivalric (see edit history)

11 minutes ago, Chivalric said:

If you try to hoe the soil right next to each other, they'll glitch out and cancel out one near it, and even delete seeds if you had already placed them

That's EXACTLY what I'm getting !  I'll try the checkered farm plots pattern tonight, thank you for confirming it's just not me being a potato potato farmer !

Edited by Grolbu (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Chivalric said:

with a row of catchers in between, placed every other space

Previously I've found 5x5 grid of farm plots with a rain catcher in the centre spot (so 24 farm plots total) worked well. Haven't had a chance to try B36 yet, if it's changed. Only thing with farming that seems a bit off is the randomness in growing time - I tend to use fertiliser to speed things up but going from growing to  grown, some plants take 2-3 days longer than others. My OCD insists I wait for all to be harvested together which means I'm perhaps not being as efficient with rotation as I could :)

Update on the Scout issue. 

I did a clean install of the mod and then i checked multiple maps and after 10 tier 1 quests and 3 tier 2 quests it unlocks the option to find new trader, however all of the quests instantly fail. I am going to hazard a guess and assume this is not the case in the latest dev version as you are not encountering the same issue. 

3 hours ago, AngusKing said:

I did a clean install of the mod and then i checked multiple maps and after 10 tier 1 quests and 3 tier 2 quests it unlocks the option to find new trader, however all of the quests instantly fail. I am going to hazard a guess and assume this is not the case in the latest dev version as you are not encountering the same issue. 

Are you using one of the packaged maps (DFalls-XXX-TestWorld etc) or one you're generating yourself?

A while back some friends and I played through Darkness Falls until the 'end'.

If I recall correctly, the forge worked more like a workbench and did not 'store' processed ore. By chance, is the Forge available as a stand alone mod?

13 hours ago, Kugara said:

Just out of curiosity, are you making this mod all by yourself?

Mostly, yep.

11 hours ago, AngusKing said:

Myself and sphereii have been experimenting with this issue and are pretty sure we have it fixed. Or at least it's working for me now, so that's good. Nee dto test on dedi later.

4 hours ago, Red51 said:

A while back some friends and I played through Darkness Falls until the 'end'.

If I recall correctly, the forge worked more like a workbench and did not 'store' processed ore. By chance, is the Forge available as a stand alone mod?

Nope. It'd take too long to re-write all the recipes.

14 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Mostly, yep.

Myself and sphereii have been experimenting with this issue and are pretty sure we have it fixed. Or at least it's working for me now, so that's good. Nee dto test on dedi later.

Nope. It'd take too long to re-write all the recipes.

Awesome I look forward to the update. Havent played through the MSQ before so looking forward to a new experience 

I've noticed in B30 and B36 on both the Vsmall and small testing maps that no trader has been giving me Buried Treasure quests. I haven't checked all of them, but at least two different traders are never giving them, even activated debug and reset the quests numerous times, still no luck. Not a big deal for me, since the fetch quest is my favorite anyhow. Just figured I'd let you know.

Is there a way of knowing the entity damage for the JT's different ammo types? Wiki has the vanilla ones listed, I'm assuming the dart trap ammo is DF specific, or hasn't been updated on the wiki. Was just wondering if it was stronger than the shotgun ammo.

1 hour ago, Chivalric said:

I've noticed in B30 and B36 on both the Vsmall and small testing maps that no trader has been giving me Buried Treasure quests. I haven't checked all of them, but at least two different traders are never giving them, even activated debug and reset the quests numerous times, still no luck. Not a big deal for me, since the fetch quest is my favorite anyhow. Just figured I'd let you know.

Is there a way of knowing the entity damage for the JT's different ammo types? Wiki has the vanilla ones listed, I'm assuming the dart trap ammo is DF specific, or hasn't been updated on the wiki. Was just wondering if it was stronger than the shotgun ammo.

I just did 2 in a row from Rekt about an hour ago, and I'm on VSmall myself atm.

@KhaineGBMaye a percentage adjustment in the quest pool (if that's even a thing)?

9 hours ago, Rizno said:

Is the latest public version working fine with the newest Experimental patch, if anyone knows? We were considering starting a server with it.

Yes

4 hours ago, Chivalric said:

Haven't tested VSmall but have confirmed that those quest don't work on the 8k map for some reason. I made a new 8k map last night and they worked fine there... no idea why.

The dart trap ammo should tell you what damage it does when you make it.

15 minutes ago, Chivalric said:

Is the Laser M60 planned to be added with the final build of DF A20? I noticed in it in the creative menu, but none of the recipes.

It's drop only.

I've had several times in DF_b36 (new playthrough for the new beta, large DF map) that I've accepted a quest from either the trader or the scout then the other one of them has given me another quest at the same POI. This is still at the stage where I'm choosing quests by how close they are else I probably wouldn't have noticed. At the POI I pick whichever quest I want to start with, blast through the POI, as soon as I meet the conditions that complete the quest the exclamation mark for the other quest appears. 

Double looting for the win and all that, but if they're supposed to be checking what quests I already have before offering me any new ones that bit of the code might need a tweak ?

1 hour ago, Grolbu said:

I've accepted a quest from either the trader or the scout then the other one of them has given me another quest at the same POI.

That's been an issue in since A19, possibly earlier. I had the same problem when I started playing this mod in 19.3.

2 hours ago, Grolbu said:

I've had several times in DF_b36 (new playthrough for the new beta, large DF map) that I've accepted a quest from either the trader or the scout then the other one of them has given me another quest at the same POI. This is still at the stage where I'm choosing quests by how close they are else I probably wouldn't have noticed. At the POI I pick whichever quest I want to start with, blast through the POI, as soon as I meet the conditions that complete the quest the exclamation mark for the other quest appears. 

Double looting for the win and all that, but if they're supposed to be checking what quests I already have before offering me any new ones that bit of the code might need a tweak ?

What Chivalric said. It doesn't care if it's the same POI. It just picks whatever is the closest.

I just started b36 the first time. First Bug: I crafted the book for the farming quest and got two. When I craft a stone axe, i get two, if I repair a stone axe later in the belt, I get another stone axe in the inventory. Happened also with the stone hammer and maybe other crafted stuff.

14 hours ago, Chivalric said:

That's been an issue in since A19, possibly earlier. I had the same problem when I started playing this mod in 19.3.

13 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

What Chivalric said. It doesn't care if it's the same POI. It just picks whatever is the closest.

Isn't that a 'Working as intended' type of thing, since everyone has their own personal factions now?

I've always thought it was so I never said anything.

2 hours ago, Falaffel said:

I just started b36 the first time. First Bug: I crafted the book for the farming quest and got two. When I craft a stone axe, i get two, if I repair a stone axe later in the belt, I get another stone axe in the inventory. Happened also with the stone hammer and maybe other crafted stuff.

Might be the Farmer line I think. Haven't run into that so far on a few of the others. (Laborer, Survivalist, Scavenger)