Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

24 minutes ago, Kugara said:

A while back you told 28th would be the release of the Darkness Falls for A20... Do you think you can keep this schedule up?

No, because I had COVID, which knocked me out for a few days.

3 minutes ago, AngusKing said:

@KhaineGB I am currently testing out the quest line for the main story leading to Eve, Anna e.t.c. Am just wondering where I can find information on the amount of Scout quests that need doing to unlock the next stage of the quest. Is this related to Faction points? 

5 scout quests. That sends you to Razor.

Then it's just do his quests, go to Eve, do her quests, go to Anna.

6 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

5 scout quests. That sends you to Razor.

Then it's just do his quests, go to Eve, do her quests, go to Anna.

Hope you are feeling better. I have done 10 scout quests and have not been sent, I am heading to Razor now to see if he has anything for me and will update you in about 5 minutes. 

Have you got metamask? would like to donate some crypto to you. 

Update: Okay I just made it to Razor and he is still saying "No. I dont trust you. Go see the scout. 

Edited by AngusKing (see edit history)

9 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

I hope you are better now.

Do you have a new date for the release? I saw you released the Build 36 a few days ago, so I assume the release won't be so soon.

16 minutes ago, Kugara said:

I hope you are better now.

Do you have a new date for the release? I saw you released the Build 36 a few days ago, so I assume the release won't be so soon.

I'm HOPING for next week, because it's feeling pretty good atm.

28 minutes ago, AngusKing said:

Are the scout quests supposed to be the named quests in this version or a mirror of the trader quests as currently its giving quests such as "Clear zombies" & "Collect Supplies" instead of Challenges like "Drunk and Disorderly"

Scout.JPG

ATM yes due to a dedicated server bug that is being worked on.

No guarantee that it will revert to the old quests for stable

4 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

ATM yes due to a dedicated server bug that is being worked on.

No guarantee that it will revert to the old quests for stable

Ok could this be the reason why there is currently no quest to go to razor? I have gone to multiple scouts and none of them are presenting the quest.

6 hours ago, AngusKing said:

Could this have anything to do with it? 

Line 4511

Quests.JPG

No because that's an old quest.

4 hours ago, graffixx808 said:

eagerly anticapating   darkness falls for alpha 20-----------    fun pimps  should really incorporate this entire mod into 7d2d...      excellent mod-------all hail  KhaineGB...

can i test it???

DEV build is posted a couple of pages back for anyone to use

I love the new dirt bike, but seems to have a serious placement issue; it requires more space than just about any vehicle to place. I normally have a 3x4x3 space to place the motorcycle, I made more like a 6x8x6 and still couldn't place it. I couldn't find it in the DF vehicle file, was wondering if it's something I can fix on my end since I'd like to use it more, but it's nearly impossible with how huge of a space it requires to put down. Edit: Found the folder and file, but don't see what would need to be changed, 3-DF-BdubsVehicles.

Edited by Chivalric (see edit history)

Still having issues reading skill books in toolbars (not recipes)... trying a new game in one of your default worlds to double-check.

What happened to the Wellness Book?  It's now MIA in CM.

Cowboys are still named as Decaying Strippers...lol

/quitting Apocalypse DF 4K test... world is too crazy insane hard for a single player.... but great for a server multiplayer!

//doing Xsmall world (again)... needs to be a XXSmall 4K size... not a lot of time to explore when new betas keep coming out quick

<edit> Zeds are still becoming AI frozen after about an hour of play.  Wiping directory, clean 7D2D+DF reinstall in progress

Edited by Lumpus (see edit history)

36 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Nope, it's not something you can fix, nor will I be looking into issues with it since it's not my mod/vehicle and I only added it because people kept wanting a compatibility patch for that mod.

Oh well, always ways around an issue like that, so I'm already over it. What I would say though is that the vehicle mods for DF still aren't compatible with the Gyrocoptor, not sure if that's intentional or not. Really like the ability to track zombies now, makes knowing where the screamers are coming from while I'm mining much easier. :D

Is there a trick to planting for farming ? In A19 DF I laid out a grid of rain collectors every 5th tile then hoed then planted things in nice tidy straight lines.  In A20 DF I lay out the grid of rain collectors then flail around with the hoe like I'm playing whack-a-kerbil then spray seeds around randomly on what looks like a crumpled bedspread. Some grow, some don't, there's no possibility of planting in tidy organised rows, in a lot of places that I'm sure have been attacked with the hoe I can't plant, there's no rhyme or reason to it, I'm presumably missing something obvious, can anyone put me out of my misery ?

Specifically, how far away from a rain collector do plants get watered, and how the heck do you correctly use the hoe because it sure as heck ain't what I'm doing ... ? Do you have to hit things multiple times ? 

🥔

Edited by Grolbu (see edit history)

14 minutes ago, Grolbu said:

Is there a trick to planting for farming ? In A19 DF I laid out a grid of rain collectors every 5th tile then hoed then planted things in nice tidy straight lines.  In A20 DF I lay out the grid of rain collectors then flail around with the hoe like I'm playing whack-a-kerbil then spray seeds around randomly on what looks like a crumpled bedspread. Some grow, some don't, there's no possibility of planting in tidy organised rows, in a lot of places that I'm sure have been attacked with the hoe I can't plant, there's no rhyme or reason to it, I'm presumably missing something obvious, can anyone put me out of my misery ?

Specifically, how far away from a rain collector do plants get watered, and how the heck do you correctly use the hoe because it sure as heck ain't what I'm doing ... ? Do you have to hit things multiple times ? 

🥔

I do two rows of the farming plots with a row of catchers in between, placed every other space. Spreading out the water any more than that seems to result in the issue you are describing. Also, don't plant trees right next to them, they don't seem to allow any light to pass through.

Noticed a couple more minor issues with B36 Khaine, mining seems to result in a lot more stuttering, and every single Plasma baton I looted in the lab was 100% condition. Edit: The plasma swords and laser pistols still came out with random condition as per normal.

Edited by Chivalric (see edit history)

17 minutes ago, Chivalric said:

I do two rows of the farming plots with a row of catchers in between, placed every other space.

Do you actually pace farming plots ? I've been planting straight into the dirt. I'll have another go when I get home tonight just doing two rows then a row of water, there must be a way to plant in straight rows ! (or not, this is DF ...) 

Edited by Grolbu (see edit history)

42 minutes ago, Grolbu said:

🥔

You wanna leave a block between rows. Plants check for water in approx 4 blocks. They also check for rain.

29 minutes ago, Chivalric said:

I do two rows of the farming plots with a row of catchers in between, placed every other space. Spreading out the water any more than that seems to result in the issue you are describing. Also, don't plant trees right next to them, they don't seem to allow any light to pass through.

Noticed a couple more minor issues with B36 Khaine, mining seems to result in a lot more stuttering, and every single Plasma baton I looted in the lab was 100% condition. Edit: The plasma swords and laser pistols still came out with random condition as per normal.

Eh, i'm not too bothered if they come out full. I don't see anything in loot which controls that.