Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

3 hours ago, Lumpus said:

Does the new A20.1 beta break anything with the current (early) DF A20.0 release?

/hoping to play tonight for the first time in about two weeks

Nope! I actually tried B30 and B36 (my current test build) on 20.1 experimental and both work. Right now i'm making dev builds against 20.1 and then testing them on 20.0 and... so far, so good :)

1 hour ago, davestein77 said:

Having an issue with game launch.  Null Reference Exception : object not set to an instance of an object  right after loading player.XML   Creating player on the screen. I have deleted player profile , all saves, pulled fresh 7days build and reloaded DF into it and still same error at the same spot every time.  Trying to load B30 

Reboot your machine. And make sure saves ARE deleted. Even if they aren't in the game list, sometimes they can still be in your save folder.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Hi guys, i know everyone is still asking, but is there any estimated date of the "stable" release? Or at least month? :)
I have over 900 hours in 7 days, but 90% of it is DF lol, so I am suffering now because I had to install warzuk mod, which is not that good.

Also I wanted to ask if it would be possible to add something similar to this:
https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/1310?tab=files

We are playing usually with my brother so after so many hours of playing we are seeking for challenges (i am not saying DF is easy, no its not at some point :D ) But would be nice to have such option to change the server a bit at the begining.

Keep up the great work and thanks a lot.

Got tired of not being able to use a couple of the vehicle mods with the gyrocoptor, if you wish to be able to, in the file item_modifiers.xml change

installable_tags="vengine"

to

installable_tags="vengine,vehicle"

for each vehicle mod you wish to be able to install on it. Took it for a flight, worked fine.

Edit: Can probably remove the vengine and just have vehicle as the arg, but was too lazy to launch the game twice with it taking about 5 mins to launch each time.

Edited by Chivalric (see edit history)

13 hours ago, feral said:

Hi guys, i know everyone is still asking, but is there any estimated date of the "stable" release? Or at least month? :)
I have over 900 hours in 7 days, but 90% of it is DF lol, so I am suffering now because I had to install warzuk mod, which is not that good.

Also I wanted to ask if it would be possible to add something similar to this:
https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/1310?tab=files

We are playing usually with my brother so after so many hours of playing we are seeking for challenges (i am not saying DF is easy, no its not at some point :D ) But would be nice to have such option to change the server a bit at the begining.

Keep up the great work and thanks a lot.

When it's ready.

And no, i'm not adding that. DF already has more zombie types and more zombie spawns. You'd be htting zombie limit and FPS issues REALLY fast.

10 hours ago, Chivalric said:

Got tired of not being able to use a couple of the vehicle mods with the gyrocoptor, if you wish to be able to, in the file item_modifiers.xml change

installable_tags="vengine"

to

installable_tags="vengine,vehicle"

for each vehicle mod you wish to be able to install on it. Took it for a flight, worked fine.

Edit: Can probably remove the vengine and just have vehicle as the arg, but was too lazy to launch the game twice with it taking about 5 mins to launch each time.

Might wanna be more specific on what mods do/don't work.

4 hours ago, Unidentified_P1 said:

Hey i was wondering how i would get access to the Alpha 20 beta? I've been using your mod for awhile and wanted to start streaming it but with alpha 20 and some other quality of life mods aswell.

1 hour ago, Chivalric said:

^ this

Is reporting a game crash considered a valid topic? I am on Ubuntu 20.04. Clean install, no save folder, EAC off. So DF B30 causes a crash just after one second of gameplay. Vanilla alpha 20, vanilla alpha 20 + other mods, DF for alpha 19 - work just  fine. Here are last few lines fron the log file:

2022-01-23T14:23:18 316.892 INF Dymesh door replacement: imposterBlock
2022-01-23T14:23:18 317.072 INF Respawn almost done
2022-01-23T14:23:18 317.081 INF PlayerSpawnedInWorld (reason: NewGame, position: -1920, 56, 475): localplayer
Caught fatal signal - signo:11 code:1 errno:0 addr:0xfffffffff2f804ff
Obtained 2 stack frames.
#0  0x007fc2ebc683c0 in funlockfile
#1  0x00000041a4fb6d in (Unknown)

Thanks for your work!

1 hour ago, mikhail78 said:

Is reporting a game crash considered a valid topic? I am on Ubuntu 20.04. Clean install, no save folder, EAC off. So DF B30 causes a crash just after one second of gameplay. Vanilla alpha 20, vanilla alpha 20 + other mods, DF for alpha 19 - work just  fine. Here are last few lines fron the log file:

2022-01-23T14:23:18 317.081 INF PlayerSpawnedInWorld (reason: NewGame, position: -1920, 56, 475): localplayer
Obtained 2 stack frames.

Thanks for your work!

Did you use one of the test maps or attempt to use the random gen? I had the same thing happen when I attempted the random gen.

56 minutes ago, Chivalric said:

Did you use one of the test maps or attempt to use the random gen? I had the same thing happen when I attempted the random gen.

Navezgane and very small DF test map. Both failed. I see a world for 1 second, and game crashes.

1 minute ago, mikhail78 said:

Navezgane and very small DF test map. Both failed. I see a world for 1 second, and game crashes.

Only other thing I can think of is if you are using a mod launcher and it's dl'ing the wrong version of the base game w/ the B30 being placed over it, past that I got nothing. I manually install everything since 16.4 and haven't seen that issue much, sorry.

Only other thing I can think of is if you are using a mod launcher and it's dl'ing the wrong version of the base game w/ the B30 being placed over it, past that I got nothing. I manually install everything since 16.4 and haven't seen that issue much, sorry.

I install everything manually. Not sure the mod launcher even exists for linux. My feeling that I am experiencing an exclusively lunux-related problem. What is your OS?

12 hours ago, mikhail78 said:

Obtained 2 stack frames.

Thanks for your work!

Is the PinRecipes mod in B30? If so, try removing it.

Or just use proton.

I do know it's working on Ubuntu-based Linux dedi's, which is literally the only testing I do.

8 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Is the PinRecipes mod in B30? If so, try removing it.

Or just use proton.

I do know it's working on Ubuntu-based Linux dedi's, which is literally the only testing I do.

I have not found PinRecipes mod in B30. I remember DF for alpha-19 also showed linux-related issues, resolved by a removal of one mod. Will wait for a stable release, maybe there the issue resolves magically.

7DtD version A20 experimental with DF V4-Dev-B30 player level 177. I finally got the tenth purple paper to open the last tech tree. I bought all 5 levels of technology crafting and used nanites to make 5 Physical Conditioning shots and 5 Gotta Go Fast shots. I used all of the shots but  when I looked at my skills they were messed up as seen in the screenshots below.

I am not sure if I messed up or the game is messed up.  I meet all the level requirements so that is not the problem. My max health is now 400 so that part worked. Gotta Go Fast is locked and is under Technological Boosts. Holding the mouse over it says you can't have any tech boosts when I think it should say that you cant have any bio boosts. I never crafted or used any bio boost shots.

Any suggestions?

A20.0_2022-01-24_17-11-45.thumb.jpg.62cea0ed0c69f817da98ef018468b2b1.jpg

A20.0_2022-01-24_17-13-01.thumb.jpg.5612c4541dcdcbd4dac2bbe16e7fef93.jpg

My second problem is that I have never seen a single energy cell in 177 levels.  Not as loot or for sale by a vendor. I have the uranium and the plutonium but can't build a fusion forge as that requires energy cells. To make energy cells you need enriched uranium but you need a fusion forge for that. Catch 22. I was able to buy a laser workbench and single laser multi-tool from a trader. The laser multi-tool only scraps to iron not energy cells. I am playing solo on a custom map not a pre gen map. I have yet to find the trader that sends you to the underground bunker if that even exists on my custom map.

Any suggestions as how to get some energy cells?

Edited by Akrux (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Akrux said:

7DtD version A20 experimental with DF V4-Dev-B30 player level 177. I finally got the tenth purple paper to open the last tech tree. I bought all 5 levels of technology crafting and used nanites to make 5 Physical Conditioning shots and 5 Gotta Go Fast shots. I used all of the shots but  when I looked at my skills they were messed up as seen in the screenshots below.

I am not sure if I messed up or the game is messed up.  I meet all the level requirements so that is not the problem. My max health is now 400 so that part worked. Gotta Go Fast is locked and is under Technological Boosts. Holding the mouse over it says you can't have any tech boosts when I think it should say that you cant have any bio boosts. I never crafted or used any bio boost shots.

Any suggestions?

My second problem is that I have never seen a single energy cell in 177 levels.  Not as loot or for sale by a vendor. I have the uranium and the plutonium but can't build a fusion forge as that requires energy cells. To make energy cells you need enriched uranium but you need a fusion forge for that. Catch 22. I was able to buy a laser workbench and single laser multi-tool from a trader. The laser multi-tool only scraps to iron not energy cells. I am playing solo on a custom map not a pre gen map. I have yet to find the trader that sends you to the underground bunker if that even exists on my custom map.

The fix for the injections posted below. As far as energy cells go, fastest way to get them is the underground bunkers/DF labs. The labs (as far as I know) are always in the wasteland, while the bunkers can be in any biome I believe, though I've never seen them in the forest areas. Lab requires a minimum of one blue key card to access, bunkers don't require any keys if you know how to get in. T5 trader quests should eventually send you to the lab, take some anti rad pills if you don't have the full set of rad ready mods.

On 1/19/2022 at 7:35 PM, TribalDragon said:

I don't know if anyone else had problems with Bio boost and tech boost, but I could not get transhuman over level 1. Had all the requirements met.

Starting digging in the xml files and found that in the progression.xml and buff.xml file 2 perks/buff were blocking them-self's.

Transhuman was checking if $bioboosts was at 0 but it can't because transhuman is a bioboost and Gottagofast was checking if $techboosts was at 0.

Edited my xml files on my server and it's now working as intended (I hope), here is what I have modified if anyone wants to make those changes while waiting for stable.

I hope KhaineGB will approve of this, or I can remove the code snipet from my post!

Buff.xml

<buff name="buffOxygenOptimizationLvlUp" hidden="true" remove_on_death="false">
    <stack_type value="ignore"/>
    <duration value="1"/>
    <effect_group>
        <requirement name="CVarCompare" cvar="$techboosts" operation="Equals" value="0"/>
            <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$bioboosts" operation="set" value="1"/>
            <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="ModifySkillSDX, SCore" tag="perkTranshuman" operation="add" value="1"/>
            <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="ShowToolbeltMessage" message="Your Skill In Transhuman Has Increased!"/>
            <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="PlaySound" sound="levelup" play_in_head="true"/>
    </effect_group>
</buff>

<buff name="buffGottaGoFastLvlUp" hidden="true" remove_on_death="false">
    <stack_type value="ignore"/>
    <duration value="1"/>
    <effect_group>
        <requirement name="CVarCompare" cvar="$bioboosts" operation="Equals" value="0"/>
            <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$techboosts" operation="set" value="1"/>
            <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="ModifySkillSDX, SCore" tag="perkGottaGoFast" operation="add" value="1"/>
            <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="ShowToolbeltMessage" message="Your Skill In Gotta Go Fast Has Increased!"/>
            <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="PlaySound" sound="levelup" play_in_head="true"/>
    </effect_group>
</buff>

progression.xml

<perk name="perkTranshuman" parent="skillBioBoosts" name_key="perkTranshumanName" desc_key="perkTranshumanDesc" base_skill_point_cost="0" min_level="0" max_level="5" icon="ui_game_symbol_run">
    <level_requirements level="1"><requirement name="PlayerLevel" target="self" operation="GTE" value="125" desc_key="reqPlayerLevel125"/><requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="attTechnology" operation="Equals" value="1" desc_key="reqattTechnology"/><requirement name="CVarCompare" cvar="$techboosts" operation="Equals" value="0" desc_key="reqNoTechBoost"/></level_requirements>
    <level_requirements level="2"><requirement name="PlayerLevel" target="self" operation="GTE" value="125" desc_key="reqPlayerLevel125"/><requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="attTechnology" operation="Equals" value="1" desc_key="reqattTechnology"/><requirement name="CVarCompare" cvar="$techboosts" operation="Equals" value="0" desc_key="reqNoTechBoost"/></level_requirements>
    <level_requirements level="3"><requirement name="PlayerLevel" target="self" operation="GTE" value="125" desc_key="reqPlayerLevel125"/><requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="attTechnology" operation="Equals" value="1" desc_key="reqattTechnology"/><requirement name="CVarCompare" cvar="$techboosts" operation="Equals" value="0" desc_key="reqNoTechBoost"/></level_requirements>
    <level_requirements level="4"><requirement name="PlayerLevel" target="self" operation="GTE" value="125" desc_key="reqPlayerLevel125"/><requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="attTechnology" operation="Equals" value="1" desc_key="reqattTechnology"/><requirement name="CVarCompare" cvar="$techboosts" operation="Equals" value="0" desc_key="reqNoTechBoost"/></level_requirements>
    <level_requirements level="5"><requirement name="PlayerLevel" target="self" operation="GTE" value="125" desc_key="reqPlayerLevel125"/><requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="attTechnology" operation="Equals" value="1" desc_key="reqattTechnology"/><requirement name="CVarCompare" cvar="$techboosts" operation="Equals" value="0" desc_key="reqNoTechBoost"/></level_requirements>

<perk name="perkGottaGoFast" parent="skillTechBoosts" name_key="perkGottaGoFastName" desc_key="perkGottaGoFastDesc" base_skill_point_cost="0" min_level="0" max_level="5" icon="ui_game_symbol_run">
    <level_requirements level="1"><requirement name="PlayerLevel" target="self" operation="GTE" value="125" desc_key="reqPlayerLevel125"/><requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="attTechnology" operation="Equals" value="1" desc_key="reqattTechnology"/><requirement name="CVarCompare" cvar="$bioboosts" operation="Equals" value="0" desc_key="reqNoBioBoost"/></level_requirements>
    <level_requirements level="2"><requirement name="PlayerLevel" target="self" operation="GTE" value="125" desc_key="reqPlayerLevel125"/><requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="attTechnology" operation="Equals" value="1" desc_key="reqattTechnology"/><requirement name="CVarCompare" cvar="$bioboosts" operation="Equals" value="0" desc_key="reqNoBioBoost"/></level_requirements>
    <level_requirements level="3"><requirement name="PlayerLevel" target="self" operation="GTE" value="125" desc_key="reqPlayerLevel125"/><requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="attTechnology" operation="Equals" value="1" desc_key="reqattTechnology"/><requirement name="CVarCompare" cvar="$bioboosts" operation="Equals" value="0" desc_key="reqNoBioBoost"/></level_requirements>
    <level_requirements level="4"><requirement name="PlayerLevel" target="self" operation="GTE" value="125" desc_key="reqPlayerLevel125"/><requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="attTechnology" operation="Equals" value="1" desc_key="reqattTechnology"/><requirement name="CVarCompare" cvar="$bioboosts" operation="Equals" value="0" desc_key="reqNoBioBoost"/></level_requirements>
    <level_requirements level="5"><requirement name="PlayerLevel" target="self" operation="GTE" value="125" desc_key="reqPlayerLevel125"/><requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="attTechnology" operation="Equals" value="1" desc_key="reqattTechnology"/><requirement name="CVarCompare" cvar="$bioboosts" operation="Equals" value="0" desc_key="reqNoBioBoost"/></level_requirements>

Reposting this as somebody had a question about the injections.

Edited by Chivalric (see edit history)

12 minutes ago, Chivalric said:

I have yet to find the trader that sends you to the underground bunker if that even exists on my custom map.

Even if she does exist, she hasn't been working on any of the maps I've played. If you activate debug menu and type in trader in the POI teleporter, if she's on the map it'll show up as DF trader iirc. I would suggest doing this for the bunkers, since they can be placed under the map currently, and no NPC to send you to them.

3 hours ago, Akrux said:

Any suggestions?

Buried supplies T5, small bunker (snow biome), large bunker (wasteland)

Even if she does exist, she hasn't been working on any of the maps I've played. If you activate debug menu and type in trader in the POI teleporter, if she's on the map it'll show up as DF trader iirc. I would suggest doing this for the bunkers, since they can be placed under the map currently, and no NPC to send you to them.

There is 1 NPC that sends you to the large bunker, but I dont believe her quests are hooked up in B30.

Alright, I wasn't planning to do yet another public build, but this is taking a while to get done.

As such, I figured i'd post Build 36. It has a lot of fixes, way too many for a forum post. I'll try and find somewhere to upload the text file with all the changes and link to it here.

Make sure to delete your Mods folder and then replace it with the one in the zip file. There are 2 download links to help with hitting the file limit.

Due to the amount of changes, it is VERY LIKELY that you will need a new save.

RWG still doesn't work, and is unlikely to work in time for release at this point.

Primary Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sUXFmKQZnwTorLNKL1Yyivzy1tcaQWgK/view?usp=sharing
Alternate Download: https://mega.nz/file/OfoVQayJ#iWjTY0SEtesAHsBHZIfN_CWS1UkDpsYlH3sxjzZXbYk

Patch notes: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/414452645521260546/935505724342149190/31-36_patch_notes.txt