Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

37 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Alright, I wasn't planning to do yet another public build, but this is taking a while to get done.

As such, I figured i'd post Build 36. It has a lot of fixes, way too many for a forum post. I'll try and find somewhere to upload the text file with all the changes and link to it here.

Make sure to delete your Mods folder and then replace it with the one in the zip file. There are 2 download links to help with hitting the file limit.

Due to the amount of changes, it is VERY LIKELY that you will need a new save.

RWG still doesn't work, and is unlikely to work in time for release at this point.

Primary Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sUXFmKQZnwTorLNKL1Yyivzy1tcaQWgK/view?usp=sharing
Alternate Download: https://mega.nz/file/OfoVQayJ#iWjTY0SEtesAHsBHZIfN_CWS1UkDpsYlH3sxjzZXbYk

Can confirm a new save is needed, All levels gone and Poi's partially reset in several places.

Started new game with the new DF files above... getting a weird bug that zeds are not moving... just standing still in idle mode, even if they are hit.

New bug or some weirdness using the Armageddon 4K DF 1.2 map?

Thought maybe zed AI is turned off by default, but going into debug mode and pressing * doesn't restart them again 😕

Out of ideas

Edited by Lumpus (see edit history)

@KhaineGB.

Loved the A19 version of DF. Excellent progression. Love the features. Loved the feel of actually ramping up gameplay. There was time to get your team situated during the first week to fight off the first horde.

Started testing the A20 dev build 35. WAY DIFFERENT FEEL. Borderline Unplayable. Swarmed by Nightstalkers and Radiated on the morning of day 3. Still in the stone age, and swarmed by nightstalkers and radiated in the daily wandering horde. If you die a few times and have a stamina max of 50, You might as well start over. You can't swing a melee weapon enough (due to level caps on S.Tryo) to kill more than one zed at a time but are still expected to face WANDERING hordes of 30+ zeds. Suspect something is broken on the Gamestage level system in multiplayer.

3 hours ago, Lumpus said:

Started new game with the new DF files above... getting a weird bug that zeds are not moving... just standing still in idle mode, even if they are hit.

Thought maybe zed AI is turned off by default, but going into debug mode and pressing * doesn't restart them again 😕

Out of ideas

No idea. I don't test with that map. It works on my test maps.

1 hour ago, RevMortis said:

@KhaineGB.

Loved the A19 version of DF. Excellent progression. Love the features. Loved the feel of actually ramping up gameplay. There was time to get your team situated during the first week to fight off the first horde.

Started testing the A20 dev build 35. WAY DIFFERENT FEEL. Borderline Unplayable. Swarmed by Nightstalkers and Radiated on the morning of day 3. Still in the stone age, and swarmed by nightstalkers and radiated in the daily wandering horde. If you die a few times and have a stamina max of 50, You might as well start over. You can't swing a melee weapon enough (due to level caps on S.Tryo) to kill more than one zed at a time but are still expected to face WANDERING hordes of 30+ zeds. Suspect something is broken on the Gamestage level system in multiplayer.

1) The radiated are weak radiated. They're absolutely killable and don't run.
2) Stalkers turn up at GS82. If you're hitting GS82, in multiplayer, ON DAY 3, then work together better. Make pipe guns, do quests, whatever. You should absolutely have a gun and ammo to deal with it.
3) Run. Away. You don't have to fight everything.

Glad to see that stuff is moving along w/ another public build, though my patience is still holding strong (for now) and i'm still happily waiting for a full release. Mainly from all the time i spent playing 3.6, 7days has now surpassed skyrim for hours spent playing ;)

How are you doing w/ the illness, Kh? Still feeling relatively ok?

31 minutes ago, wolfarus said:

Glad to see that stuff is moving along w/ another public build, though my patience is still holding strong (for now) and i'm still happily waiting for a full release. Mainly from all the time i spent playing 3.6, 7days has now surpassed skyrim for hours spent playing ;)

How are you doing w/ the illness, Kh? Still feeling relatively ok?

Over the worst of it and now testing negative.

But I get tired so easy right now that it's just annoying me. :D

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

But I get tired so easy right now that it's just annoying me. :D

I hear that making a succubus pet in something called DarknessFalls is a wonderful energy-booster ;)

Srsly though..glad to hear you're doing well. And on a semi-serious note..have you considered replacing the old sfx for the giant spiders w/ the sfx for the new spider-zombie? Personally think that the new spider-zom sfx match better w/ the giant spiders. At least the "clicking" sound that they make..

1 minute ago, wolfarus said:

I hear that making a succubus pet in something called DarknessFalls is a wonderful energy-booster ;)

Srsly though..glad to hear you're doing well. And on a semi-serious note..have you considered replacing the old sfx for the giant spiders w/ the sfx for the new spider-zombie? Personally think that the new spider-zom sfx match better w/ the giant spiders. At least the "clicking" sound that they make..

I've actually got some new spider sfx but i'll change it later most likely

Just dl'd the B34 files tonight, so gonna take a crack at one of the smaller maps and see what's up. After DF, vanilla seems very 'plain'. I think its the lockable storage containers (clothing racks, ammo boxes, etc) that I miss the most, they just fit so well at home base and make sorting stuff a bit more interesting than labeled boxes. That and DF gives you a tangible goal to strive for (close the lab portal).

Hope you get back to feeling normal soon. I'm not looking forward to my upcoming booster vaccine, the last dose took me out for almost 2 days.

Looking forward to the next YT test play video when you get around to it. Always nice to see an author play their own creation.

---

FYI, while loading this map: https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/1845?tab=description

These two POI's seem to be missing (using the B34 DF files).

DF_Map_Multi_Trader (-55, 52)
DF_Map_house_modern_18 (-58, -58)

Not your issue (not your map after all), but you might get an inquiry about them eventually. Only reason I bring it to your attention is these POI's start with "DF_", so might be something you touched/removed at some point. I did log a bug report with the map author via Nexus so they should become aware of it eventually.

5 hours ago, RevMortis said:

@KhaineGB.

If your playing the Armageddon 4K DF 1.2 map (based on your earlier post), that might explain the difficulty curve you are seeing. It is all radiated wasteland (which is at least double difficult compared to forest biome; might be affecting what is spawning for your game stage). If not, maybe game stage scales differently in multi-player, not something I know much about though.

One tactic would be limiting your leveling in the first week to get your feet under you. I power leveled once too fast in a19 (killed everything in sight) and the first week horde tore through me like nothing (think I had bears and whites the first horde, maybe even a radiated, definitely some stalkers, just awful), I restarted in frustration and slowed down the leveling the first week and had no issues for the rest of that game. Either that or I started getting smarter about what I was doing with my perk points (helps to have a goal and specialize in one class I think).

Is there a function for resetting skill points in a specific tree, Having some issue with Technological improvements and want to do some tests to work out the issue. 

6 minutes ago, AngusKing said:

Is there a function for resetting skill points in a specific tree, Having some issue with Technological improvements and want to do some tests to work out the issue. 

Scrap that it was user error! Thought one tree was demon and the other was nanite. 

@WalkingWounded.

Different person. Different issue. The only mods installed are: DF dev build mod, and Alloc's Server fixes on a dedicated server. RWG map.

if the information on https://7daystodie.fandom.com/wiki/Gamestage is correct, we hit at leaast a global Game stage of 60 when the Wandering horde hit Day 3.

and a party gamestage of 90-110 by day 7.

7 hours ago, walkingwounded said:

If your playing the Armageddon 4K DF 1.2 map (based on your earlier post), that might explain the difficulty curve you are seeing. It is all radiated wasteland (which is at least double difficult compared to forest biome; might be affecting what is spawning for your game stage). If not, maybe game stage scales differently in multi-player, not something I know much about though.

One tactic would be limiting your leveling in the first week to get your feet under you. I power leveled once too fast in a19 (killed everything in sight) and the first week horde tore through me like nothing (think I had bears and whites the first horde, maybe even a radiated, definitely some stalkers, just awful), I restarted in frustration and slowed down the leveling the first week and had no issues for the rest of that game. Either that or I started getting smarter about what I was doing with my perk points (helps to have a goal and specialize in one class I think).

Can confirm. Biome Multipliers suck at early game, and wasteland adds it's own quirks. To this day I always avoid it until I level up stats and gear first, unless I have no choice. Way too many extras the game throws at you in there.

7 hours ago, walkingwounded said:

Just dl'd the B34 files tonight, so gonna take a crack at one of the smaller maps and see what's up. After DF, vanilla seems very 'plain'. I think its the lockable storage containers (clothing racks, ammo boxes, etc) that I miss the most, they just fit so well at home base and make sorting stuff a bit more interesting than labeled boxes. That and DF gives you a tangible goal to strive for (close the lab portal).

Hope you get back to feeling normal soon. I'm not looking forward to my upcoming booster vaccine, the last dose took me out for almost 2 days.

Looking forward to the next YT test play video when you get around to it. Always nice to see an author play their own creation.

---

FYI, while loading this map: https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/1845?tab=description

These two POI's seem to be missing (using the B34 DF files).

DF_Map_Multi_Trader (-55, 52)
DF_Map_house_modern_18 (-58, -58)

Not your issue (not your map after all), but you might get an inquiry about them eventually. Only reason I bring it to your attention is these POI's start with "DF_", so might be something you touched/removed at some point. I did log a bug report with the map author via Nexus so they should become aware of it eventually.

If you're using a different platform, sorry for the mix-up.

Are the build version numbers going backwards now? I'm using B36 that I got yesterday @1:30pm (forum time):

way longer than 7hrs ago.

17 hours ago, Lumpus said:

Out of ideas

Ok the problem fixed itself when I loaded the new save game.  No idea what the initial problem was... but all working ok now :)

I've not seen anybody mention this before, but are the zombies supposed to be instantly respawning in the wasteland biome? I get that it's the hardest area, but I can't stop and do anything for more than 10 seconds before an area I cleared is getting overrun. By the time I had finished mining 10k titanium, I had two full inventories worth the dropped loot from everything I killed, which is normally 2 to 3 wandering hordes full of enemies. I'm fine with it being more difficult, but huge amounts of trash tier enemies isn't difficult, it's just irritating. Edit: I wasn't getting hordes due to screamers, as I always stop and listen every 30 seconds or so. Killed every screamer that showed up long before they saw/heard me.

Edited by Chivalric (see edit history)

19 minutes ago, Chivalric said:

I've not seen anybody mention this before, but are the zombies supposed to be instantly respawning in the wasteland biome? I get that it's the hardest area, but I can't stop and do anything for more than 10 seconds before an area I cleared is getting overrun. By the time I had finished mining 10k titanium, I had two full inventories worth the dropped loot from everything I killed, which is normally 2 to 3 wandering hordes full of enemies. I'm fine with it being more difficult, but huge amounts of trash tier enemies isn't difficult, it's just irritating. Edit: I wasn't getting hordes due to screamers, as I always stop and listen every 30 seconds or so. Killed every screamer that showed up long before they saw/heard me.

It MIGHT need tweaking. No-one has given feedback on the wasteland yet

It's Nasty....  I saw what looked like a drug store zombie and attacked it... it was actually really a Behemoth with 2k health in a normal pharmacist skin.  Slaughtered me fast and I lost @20 perm health & stam when I died... fast.  Are Wellness Books no longer a thing anymore - looked and couldn't find anything in creative?

Zeds are calling friends, like nighttime Feral Sense during the day... you think you're fighting one or two and then see that six or eight are in your face.  Not sure if I like this yet or not.  Might be a bit too rough, the best weapon I've found yet @lv 28 is a junk baton, lol.  Found a few other weird bugs... but didn't write them down, so now can't recall most of them.

• Unread books for Skills (example:  Archery Notes) cannot be read (greyed out).  Couldn't read a different one earlier.  Recipe books seem fine.

/playing on the Apocalypse DF map where it's all wasteland, everywhere (almost suicidal for single player... but would be great as a multi-player server)

Edited by Lumpus
Adding thoughts... (see edit history)

11 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

I don't recall it being nearly as bad in A19, but currently I can't do ANYTHING in the wasteland that takes more than a few seconds without turrets. Just doing something like laying down steel/titanium blocks while trying to seal up a trader is damn near impossible, since the last time I tried I got attacked at least 30 times in 5 mins. It'd be fine if it was 1 or 2, but more like 6 to 8 at a time were showing up every time, like I was breaking down cars or something. They were often spawning inside the trader's area during this as well, since I'd go in, clear them out, then no more than 20 seconds later, I hear another one inside hitting something, despite there being no new holes in the walls since I sealed it up.

5 minutes ago, Lumpus said:

It's Nasty....  I saw what looked like a drug store zombie and attacked it... it was actually a Behemoth with 2k health. 

Yep, that caught me off guard as well the first time I ran into one. Thankfully I'm paranoid and always retreat a step after getting close to bait zombies into attacking, and when it did, I heard the difference, and backed the hell off. Emptied a clip of energy cells into it instead.

12 minutes ago, Lumpus said:

It's Nasty....  I saw what looked like a drug store zombie and attacked it... it was actually really a Behemoth with 2k health in a normal pharmacist skin.  Slaughtered me fast and I lost @20 perm health & stam when I died... fast.  Are Wellness Books no longer a thing anymore - looked and couldn't find anything in creative?

Zeds are calling friends, like nighttime Feral Sense during the day... you think you're fighting one or two and then see that six or eight are in your face.  Not sure if I like this yet or not.  Might be a bit too rough.  Found a few other weird bugs... but didn't write them down, so now can't recall most of them.

• Unread books for Skills (example:  Archery Notes) cannot be read (greyed out).  Couldn't read a different one earlier.  Recipe books seem fine.

/playing on the Apocalypse DF map where it's all wasteland, everywhere (almost suicidal for single player... but would be great as a multi-player server)

Action skill books, like archery, have to be read from the hotbar as per their comment in localization

5 hours ago, Lumpus said:

It's Nasty....  I saw what looked like a drug store zombie and attacked it... it was actually really a Behemoth with 2k health in a normal pharmacist skin. 

Can confirm him.... he seemed a bit bigger then the rest so he made me curious... 

5 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

i can absolutly understand @Chivalric. It is like a neverending story.... even just standing next to the wasteland generates a constable flow of zed´s coming for you.

But being inside the wasteland seems nearly impossible at the moment, just like he said. 

Being like this at night would be ok, since "they mostly come out at night" or not?! 😛 

7 minutes ago, SurvivorStu said:

Can confirm him.... he seemed a bit bigger then the rest so he made me curious... 

i can absolutly understand @Chivalric. It is like a neverending story.... even just standing next to the wasteland generates a constable flow of zed´s coming for you.

But being inside the wasteland seems nearly impossible at the moment, just like he said. 

Being like this at night would be ok, since "they mostly come out at night" or not?! 😛 

And now I want to watch that movie. Thank you very much 😛

3 hours ago, SurvivorStu said:

Yeah it's kind of crazy. I had at least 10 trying to dig their way to me when I was mining titanium, I end them all and go back to mining, not 10 seconds later I heard digging, go back up, and there are another 5 to 8 of them in the same hole again. As I previously stated, it's not hard, it's just annoying having to deal with them constantly.