Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

On 8/27/2021 at 11:28 PM, KhaineGB said:

Not being able to pick up placed water is intended to stop the infinite water nonsense.

You need water within 4 blocks. Plants CONSUME water, so you can't just put a block down and hope it works.

You need a water pump for the irrigation. The pump must be next to water. It does not consume the water, but plants will if they're too close.

Farming tutorial: 

unfortunately im a moron and all is this goes right over my head. perhaps maybe when i actually try farming it will make sense T_T

11 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

I think I found the relevant part in the Log: I see it's the same error repeating several times after a while:

Reveal hidden contents

2021-08-29T11:12:03 1536.161 INF Entity animalZombieDog 9015 killed by ⚜ JOST AMMAN ⚜ 3697
2021-08-29T11:12:06 1539.432 INF Scout spawned a zombie horde
InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
  at EntityBuffs.AddBuff (System.String _name, System.Int32 _instigatorId, System.Boolean _netSync, System.Boolean _fromElectrical, System.Boolean _fromNetwork) [0x0013d] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0 
  at MinEventActionAddBuff.Execute (MinEventParams _params) [0x00153] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0 
  at MinEffectGroup.FireEvent (MinEventTypes _eventType, MinEventParams _eventParms) [0x0002e] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0 
  at MinEffectController.FireEvent (MinEventTypes _eventType, MinEventParams _eventParms) [0x00019] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0 
  at BuffClass.FireEvent (MinEventTypes _eventType, MinEventParams _params) [0x00013] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0 
  at EntityBuffs.FireEvent (MinEventTypes _eventType, BuffClass _buffClass, MinEventParams _params) [0x00003] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0 
  at EntityBuffs.Update (System.Single _deltaTime) [0x00128] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0 
  at EntityAlive.OnUpdateEntity () [0x00019] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0 
  at World.TickEntity (Entity e, System.Single _partialTicks) [0x0015d] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0 
  at World.TickEntitiesSlice (System.Int32 count) [0x00037] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0 
  at World.TickEntitiesSlice () [0x00000] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0 
  at GameManager.UpdateTick () [0x00026] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0 
  at GameManager.gmUpdate () [0x00291] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0 
  at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0 

Can this help?

This smells like a race condition.

Like maybe some members of the horde were still being created when they were being updated.

4 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

If anyone wants to risk it... I think I fixed the NRE.

Basically I spawned a ton of demons and night stalkers since they seem to like attacking each other, and didn't have any errors. That's as far as i've tested.

File goes in Mods\0-DarknessFallsCore\Config

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AB-FHHKHNjQVnzr2S1Gc5msJ7AmbiXEl/view?usp=sharing

I have not had any problems with this updated items.xml

4 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

If anyone wants to risk it... I think I fixed the NRE.

Basically I spawned a ton of demons and night stalkers since they seem to like attacking each other, and didn't have any errors. That's as far as i've tested.

File goes in Mods\0-DarknessFallsCore\Config

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AB-FHHKHNjQVnzr2S1Gc5msJ7AmbiXEl/view?usp=sharing

Is that included in the full install already? tks

15 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

No. I literally made it, did a quick test and then threw it on my google drive.

If it seems to fix the issue, i'll likely update the git.

Brilliant! :) 

One more question, in the meantime I've downloaded the Sorcery mod expansion, and they say they're compatible with DF.

Do you coordinate with each other after each DF update, or is it only on major versions?

I'm asking 'cause I wouldn't mind restarting a new game with both DF and sorcery active on the same version. :) 

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

No. I literally made it, did a quick test and then threw it on my google drive.

If it seems to fix the issue, i'll likely update the git.

is this how updates on your mod are handled in the future if you already use it? drag n drop no "re-overhaul"? so to speak

On 8/25/2021 at 9:31 AM, Nickguy5467 said:

"summon the fallen trio" how do you finish this quest if you die? it doesnt show as failed quest but is still active exccept the fallen are no where to be seen when you go back to where you died. should i just cancel it?

Any Fallen killed in the wild will count toward the quest.

11 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Brilliant! :) 

One more question, in the meantime I've downloaded the Sorcery mod expansion, and they say they're compatible with DF.

Do you coordinate with each other after each DF update, or is it only on major versions?

I'm asking 'cause I wouldn't mind restarting a new game with both DF and sorcery active on the same version. :) 

We talk a lot :)

9 hours ago, Nickguy5467 said:

is this how updates on your mod are handled in the future if you already use it? drag n drop no "re-overhaul"? so to speak

Nope.

Well I found something both odd and game-style changing today.

I went along the way of the hunter as my 2nd Class, and put a few extra points in the Assassin perk for the higher sneak speed.

Come to find out that with just 2 points in Assassin, while increasing sneak speed and sneak damage, made it impossible to sneak while inside.

Regardless of the fact I had only Padded Armor, AND a couple points in From the Shadows (?), AND had no trash around, the extra sneak speed caused ANY sneak movement to wake all Sleepers on the same horizontal level as me, and spiked the sneak meter to around 40-44.

Is there any way, even including console commands, that I can remove the Assassin points without having to respec absolutely everything?

Thx

IDK if it could be a difficulty issue either or not, because I was clearing one of the Utility buildings. It just seems that before I got further along in Hunter and put the points in, I've had no problems with other POI's sneaking around to get an angle for a Bow HS.

11 hours ago, Canute said:

You are aware that at some POI are scripted events. Whatever you do you will wake sleeper. Special when you follow the way and didn't enter the POI from a different way.

Or maybe explain further what made you impossible to sneak ?

The extra sneak speed given by the Hunter's Assassin skill.

So now with the extra sneak speed, any sneak movement pushes the meter to around 40-ish, and wakes all sleepers on the same vertical (sry, said Horiz before) level as me.

I used to be able to clear rooms indoors even when there would be a sleeper within 4 blocks or so.

Hallo, me again. Currently having fun with the mod. I've turned all the graphics settings up but things like gunsafes, wallsafes, vendingmachines etc are still showing very low quality. What am I missing? Textures are fine in vanilla. I've selected the Ultra setting, but it's not changing those items. Below is a screenie of a wall safe in Darkness Falls (3.5) and then a gunsafe in 19.6 Vanilla.
What have I done wrong? lol :)

Spoiler

F4sdIff.jpg
FwuGH2c.jpg

Edited by haaammit (see edit history)

I am a long time 7dtd player who is using this mod for the first time and I love it!!  We recently got a smoking hot gaming computer and the performance even at most demanding settings is awesome.

My one issue is with gun scrapping.  It is my understand that guns should scrap to parts, but mine all scrap to 3 pieces of scrap iron. I have tried it on the workbench, with guns I buy, guns I find, and guns I craft. They all only scrap to iron. Am I missing something?

I have been running into strange behavior recently.

For example, I read a workbench schematic and it does nothing (except vanish). I have workbenches 1 but not workbenches 2. So far, I have read two workbench schematics and have had them vanish without doing anything.

I see nothing in the dark falls items.xml that could account for this. So presumably the problem happens somewhere else.

Is it possible that, despite the DF items.xml, the base game's workbench schematic is still dropping?

1 hour ago, VicWint said:

I have been running into strange behavior recently.

For example, I read a workbench schematic and it does nothing (except vanish). I have workbenches 1 but not workbenches 2. So far, I have read two workbench schematics and have had them vanish without doing anything.

I see nothing in the dark falls items.xml that could account for this. So presumably the problem happens somewhere else.

Is it possible that, despite the DF items.xml, the base game's workbench schematic is still dropping?

The same thing happened to me all the time (latest version, no other mods back then).

I think they'll only unlock when you have the other prerequisites, IIRC.

25 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

The same thing happened to me all the time (latest version, no other mods back then).

I think they'll only unlock when you have the other prerequisites, IIRC.

My experience is that when you are missing the prerequisites you get a red checkmark on the perk. This means that you have the perk, but you cannot use it until you satisfy its prerequisites.

However, in this case, that has not happened.

(It does not really help that you, the player, cannot tell from the "schematic" that it's a "perk schematic". But, here, I have reason to believe that that particular schematic should be a "perk schematic".)

Edited by VicWint (see edit history)