Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

@KhaineGB hello, I have first started playing this mod in MAY, 2020 and it was a crazy, but great experience. However, I cannot find the map that had a huge city in it with some portals with demon zombies guarding them, lots and lots of zombies and soldier NPCs roaming the area. Where did that go, I cannot find it anymore? :(

23 hours ago, Darklegend222 said:

2. Am i supposed to hole up at a trader encampent during the night? It seems to be the only place where i can actually survive the night without just hiding onto a roof which breaks immersion IMO.

Mosttimes i don't hide at any POI, i am building a 3x3 room. That give me sight protection.

The sneak system work very well at DF, even at night you can take out zombie's with the bow.

And when you got the passion you can sneak from behind and take them out with your sledehammer.

@KhaineGB

Hi,

is there an issue with item levels in Technology crafting? I'm currently at L113 and at TC 2/5 and the items I make still come out 21 while my other maxed crafts create 51 or 71 items. Tool tip for TC2 says "Crafting tier 30 for future technology". Is this a bug or anything I'm missing here?

Thanks.

Update: Plasma Baton crafts at 71, multi-tool and sword at 21 though

Edited by Grognard (see edit history)

Ok, gonna say this right now.

Yes, I know 19.5 is out. Yes, I have DF updated, but one of the testers wanted to tweak some of the compo pack POI's and it's not done yet.

So it's likely not going to be out until tomorrow (since it's 1am for me and 2am for the tester in question)

So I followed the instructions on a freshly installed 7D2D file. Created a copy of said folder on drive. Downloaded and extracted the A14 Client file and moved those files to the new copied 7D2D folder. Everything loads up fine, up until I enter game. The landscape is pink, not loaded properly and im receiving a constant error that says

" ArgumentException: The object you want to instantiate is null ". Iv looked on previous pages and was unable to locate a fix. Is it a corrupt file somewhere?  or is installation done wrong? Id appreciate any assistance on the subject, the mod looks amazing and the game has been fun vanilla based.

Never mind the above reply! I figured out I had to reinstall 7D2D on steam with auto update off, and update from earlier version to A14. Problem solved until the eventual release of the updated version. Mods looks great, can't wait!

Hey

Today Steam updateted the game automatic.

Now if i start the Game it doesnt run and if i go in steam an choose on betas the latest version. i became after the try to login on my server an error " Auth_auth_unknwonnetpackage "

Ok, it's uploaded and ready. Here you go.

V3.5

- Updated to A19.5b55.
- Fixed the bug with the junk turret and shells.
- Fixed the bug with the flamethrower and rounds per minute.
- Fixed the coilsniper with a full auto mod being faster than an M60.
- Fixed multiple incorrect "UnlockedBy" tags on various farmer seeds.
- Fixed the duplicate bellows bug.
- Fixed Accelerated Healing not firing correctly.
- Fixed Coilpistol normal and AP ammo damage being too low/too high (normal increased to 70 base, AP decreased to 70 base, HP unchanged at 85)
- Brass catchers should now work on the Desert Vulture.
- Added an FOV mod that allows the player to choose up to 150 FOV (over 100 is a little buggy and not recommended).
- Removed Redbeards Active Ingredients mod as it was breaking Linux.
- Potential fix for NRE's with Stalkers, Incubus, Succubus, Demonic Behemoth.
- Added 2 new hobo stew recipes that use canned cat food/dog food instead of rotten meat.
- Fixed steroid side effect killing the players backpack.
- Taking an Anti-Rad pill while under the effects of anti-rad will now refresh the buff (but will not stack).
- Fixed some localization issues.

Client (Gitlab/Launcher Primary Download): https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darknessfallsa19client/-/archive/master/darknessfallsa19client-master.zip
Server (Gitlab/Launcher Primary Download): https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darknessfallsa19server/-/archive/master/darknessfallsa19server-master.zip

Client (Gitlab/Launcher Alternate Download): https://dev.azure.com/KhaineUK/_git/DarknessFallsA19Client
Server (Gitlab/Launcher Alternate Download): https://dev.azure.com/KhaineUK/_git/DarknessFallsA19Server

Restart IS NOT REQUIRED, but is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED. Nexus link coming later. Nexus will also have some additional maps for download for people bored of the current 1/2 maps.

Made a fresh copy of base game (On 19.5 B55) and copied everything across as normal. Got a big chunk of errors in the console on creating a new game.

Most recurring are:

No loot entry defined for loot list ID 25

No loot entry defined for loot list ID 10

No loot entry defined for loot list ID 9

Loading and parsing 'loot.xml' failed

Item with name 'resourceOilSchematic' not found

Have I don't something wrong installing this?

Grab a completely clean 19.5 and mod that. Sometimes there can be files/directories left over.

What I do is hit uninstall on steam, then go to steam/steamapps/common and  DELETE the 7DTD folder (cos it will likely still be there if it had mods in it), then redownload.

12 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Grab a completely clean 19.5 and mod that. Sometimes there can be files/directories left over.

What I do is hit uninstall on steam, then go to steam/steamapps/common and  DELETE the 7DTD folder (cos it will likely still be there if it had mods in it), then redownload.

Cool, will give that a go now.

Thankfully also found that comment on one of JaWoodles videos that mentions how to disable that console hijack thing (though I think you mentioned at one point you had hopefully fixed that?)

EDIT: That seems to have done the job... As suspected a victim of my own muppetry... Thanks Khaine

Edited by Doomofman (see edit history)

3 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Ok, it's uploaded and ready. Here you go.

V3.5

- Updated to A19.5b55.

[..]
- Added an FOV mod that allows the player to choose up to 150 FOV (over 100 is a little buggy and not recommended).
- Removed Redbeards Active Ingredients mod as it was breaking Linux.
- Potential fix for NRE's with Stalkers, Incubus, Succubus, Demonic Behemoth.

Some questions:

- What's a FOV, what's a NRE?

- Will Active Ingredients work on Windows, if manually copied?

TYA,

Fal

hello.

i updated our server to the latest version. now i am cinfused.

the unmodded game is at version 19.5 (b60), same as the default server.

i uploaded the server files and re-installed the game.

the server starts fine, but when i want to join the server i stuck on the loading screen.

and why is the mod version Alpha 19.5 (b55) and the unmooded game is Alpha 19.5 (b60)

maybe anyone can help me :)

Just reinstalled Darkness Falls with a direct download from steam and copied from folder and having a weird problem, none of the batteries in this build have item quality levels, but everything else is fine.  

All Lead Car Batteries (724) are grey and without item quality in DF 3.5 on A19.5 (b55).  

spacer.png

When I go to the vanilla 7 Days to Die build 19.5 (b60) everything is fine and the Lead Car Battery has a different item number Lead Car Battery (710):

spacer.png

Tried installing and reinstalling 3x now.  Does anyone have an idea what is happening?  

Done

10 minutes ago, rakista said:

Just reinstalled Darkness Falls with a direct download from steam and copied from folder and having a weird problem, none of the batteries in this build have item quality levels, but everything else is fine.  

All Lead Car Batteries (724) are grey and without item quality in DF 3.5 on A19.5 (b55).  

spacer.png

When I go to the vanilla 7 Days to Die build 19.5 (b60) everything is fine and the Lead Car Battery has a different item number Lead Car Battery (710):

spacer.png

Tried installing and reinstalling 3x now.  Does anyone have an idea what is happening?  

Pro tip.

They've been like that since A19.0. It's intended

27 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Done

Pro tip.

They've been like that since A19.0. It's intended

How do you charge batteries in a battery bank then?  

None of my batteries charge in DF.  

EDIT: Reinstalled again and rebuilt electrical circuit and now it works like it was before in 19.4.  

Edited by rakista
Reinstalled again (see edit history)