Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Hey all,

I am obviously new here but with the new update, I have not been successful in loading Darkness Falls. What I find odd is, now the game starts up like a normal 7days game but when the game has finished its initial loading sequence, it will switch to the Darkness Falls Menu but is still playing the OG 7days song. Regardless of the map type I attempt to load, native or random, it throws a series of error messages and then closes. 

I have installed and reinstalled the game twice now and I have redownloaded the Darkness Falls mod since the most recent update. Nothing. Am I missing something? 
I am just copying the folders directly into the 7days local folder, per instructions if not using a mod launcher. 

***Edit - after reinstalling Darkness Falls and moving the files over again, it is now working. 

Edited by Tyrant K (see edit history)

Hello all,

I have been enjoying this mod tremendously. The work involved is truly impressive.

I could use some help in advancing the store. I have 42 reputation with Jen and am doing tier V quests. How do I move ahead to get the quests to get the bunkers or otherwise advance the story? I have found one small bunker locked with three blue doors but only found more cards, notes, and hazmat items. I also randomly found two Caitlin traders in the radiated zone but each offered only tier V quests as well - no special quests. I have upgraded to titanium tools and purchased a laser workbench and was able to make he fusion forge. However, I just do not know how to move on to the next stage of the mod. Help would be appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Hey there,  I'm having issues loading my 19.3 save. I play through the mod launcher and I've checked whilst loading up that the game version is 19.4 and the mod version 3.4. So all good there. When loading the save though I get the unity error on screen and then a CTD.

image.png.1a4a1bc796c06bfac761b071a82d07a1.png

Not sure if I missed step somewhere but I synced the files and then just loaded it up. I've not used the mod launcher to go up a version before so just wanted to check I've not missed something. If I have to start again it's no great loss as I love your mod but would rather not if I can avoid it. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Thomill said:

Hello all,

I have been enjoying this mod tremendously. The work involved is truly impressive.

I could use some help in advancing the store. I have 42 reputation with Jen and am doing tier V quests. How do I move ahead to get the quests to get the bunkers or otherwise advance the story? I have found one small bunker locked with three blue doors but only found more cards, notes, and hazmat items. I also randomly found two Caitlin traders in the radiated zone but each offered only tier V quests as well - no special quests. I have upgraded to titanium tools and purchased a laser workbench and was able to make he fusion forge. However, I just do not know how to move on to the next stage of the mod. Help would be appreciated.

Thank you very much.

You need to find eve. No you're not automatically sent to her.

1 hour ago, trionicb said:

I've been able to load the updated version of the mod on 19.4 with my 19.3 save and it worked. The only strange thing I've seen that there are some random barrels floating in the air in some locations. (outside, not POIs)

That's... sort of good to know? The floating barrels are a bit odd. :D

18 minutes ago, Hockallz said:

Hey there,  I'm having issues loading my 19.3 save. I play through the mod launcher and I've checked whilst loading up that the game version is 19.4 and the mod version 3.4. So all good there. When loading the save though I get the unity error on screen and then a CTD.

image.png.1a4a1bc796c06bfac761b071a82d07a1.png

Not sure if I missed step somewhere but I synced the files and then just loaded it up. I've not used the mod launcher to go up a version before so just wanted to check I've not missed something. If I have to start again it's no great loss as I love your mod but would rather not if I can avoid it. Thanks!

As I said earlier, using an existing save is 100% at your own risk. I also don't use the mod launcher, so I have no idea what's going on. I would make sure your steam has downloaded a vanilla 19.4 and it actually works.

THEN get the launcher to copy that and install the mod.

14 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

As I said earlier, using an existing save is 100% at your own risk. I also don't use the mod launcher, so I have no idea what's going on. I would make sure your steam has downloaded a vanilla 19.4 and it actually works.

THEN get the launcher to copy that and install the mod.

I'll give that a try, cheers 👍

@KhaineGB Thanks for updating this so quickly upon the release of 19.4, and for increasing the size of the muscle car's storage space.

I've uninstalled the mod through the launcher, re-downloaded it via the same way to ensure a 19.4 build from Steam, and I've not seen a single issue thus far. I'll miss out on maybe a few minor bits, but can always restart if needed. Far as Alpha 19 goes, are you planning to add any more to the mod? There's plenty already, merely curious. Loved playing this back in Alpha 17 with folks.

Thank you again.

A19 is basically done.

Everything new i'm currently planning will be for A20, including entity overhauls, re-doing some of the guns so attachments work properly, new laser guns, couple more legendary items are done, some perk rebalancing, etc.

Hi, I have a question about schematics. Is there an easy way to tell if you have learned it already or not? Right now I have to type in the craft-able item to see what perks it requires, then I have to go find the perks and see if they're checked or not.

Also, are there any types of graphic overhauls I can install? I was playing war of the walkers previously, and even tried out some war3zuk aio. The graphics are really crisp and nice (I play ultra but turn down settings for blood moon). I can live with the graphics in Darkness falls because the mod's gameplay is fantastic, but I'd really love the option to install some better textures and such.

Thanks!

Edited by jmido8 (see edit history)

Not really. Sometimes the book icon shows properly, sometimes it doesn't. Don't rely on the book icon... we never did in A16 or A17. ;)

And no, you can't install graphics overhauls for 7DTD. At all. We can't mod block/terrain textures easily.

3 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Not really. Sometimes the book icon shows properly, sometimes it doesn't. Don't rely on the book icon... we never did in A16 or A17. ;)

And no, you can't install graphics overhauls for 7DTD. At all. We can't mod block/terrain textures easily.

Okay thanks.

Is it possible to edit XML files to show XP gain? I noticed I can see XP gain when my friends kill zombies but not for myself when killing zombies or mining,etc.

Also, does death xp loss stack? Meaning, do I lose 10% xp each time I die, or is it capped at a certain amount? I died a lot on the first blood moon but couldnt really understand if I lost a lot of XP or just 10%.

And what does the drug debuff do? I got it after taking some steroids but when I checked my character sheet, the debuff didn't have any information about it.

Sorry for all the questions, but thanks for any help!

Hey guys. I find Eve in the forest biome and give me "the reward" quest that lead me to the small bunker. I clear the bunker but accidentally return the quest to another trader. Is possible to reset the bunker again and if yes how i do it? I go to Eve again but she doesn't have any other quest to give me. And I need help about how I find titanium in wasteland. There is big rocks on the surface like in the other biome? Thanks in advance. And khaineGB fantastic mode man. Keep it up

3 hours ago, Unborn said:

Hey guys. I find Eve in the forest biome and give me "the reward" quest that lead me to the small bunker. I clear the bunker but accidentally return the quest to another trader. Is possible to reset the bunker again and if yes how i do it? I go to Eve again but she doesn't have any other quest to give me. And I need help about how I find titanium in wasteland. There is big rocks on the surface like in the other biome? Thanks in advance. And khaineGB fantastic mode man. Keep it up

Oh and what is the procces so i update the mod? i have take a backup already i just dont want to mess things up

sorry for the double post.lol i quote myself

Edited by Unborn (see edit history)

7 hours ago, belowzeros said:

anyone play with horde nights turned off?  I'm thinking about doing a run just focusing on the MQ...thoughts?  still fun?

I play with horde night turned off because I am in this mod for the story, the adventure and exploration and the fun, nasty deaths in the wasteland.  I won't have time to enjoy those things if I have to be focused on horde, which, in this mod, is sometimes VERY overwhelming, ammo heavy, and deadly.  My first few times playing Darkness Falls (other alphas), I did the hordes and it got to a point where I was just frustrated, not able to progress as I'd like in the adventure. In alpha 18, I tried doing the horde the first time I played.  I made it to level 80 or so and got so annoyed after yet another insane horde that I just quit.  Alpha 18 changed lots and lots of thing, and I really wanted to experience those changes through Khaine's filter.  So, I tried it with the horde turned off, and what a difference it made!  I didn't level as fast since I didn't have those massive hordes for XP every week, but I discovered so many cool things, had such great adventures, it didn't really matter! I took the time to enjoy the mod.  This alpha has changed things even more, and I'm currently almost level 100, have died twice (even with no blood moon, I just suck sometimes) and it's a blast!  Living with Rekt is the only annoying thing I've found so far, other than fields of snakes and spiders, but, I'm having so much fun, who cares!

7 hours ago, jmido8 said:

Okay thanks.

Is it possible to edit XML files to show XP gain? I noticed I can see XP gain when my friends kill zombies but not for myself when killing zombies or mining,etc.

Also, does death xp loss stack? Meaning, do I lose 10% xp each time I die, or is it capped at a certain amount? I died a lot on the first blood moon but couldnt really understand if I lost a lot of XP or just 10%.

And what does the drug debuff do? I got it after taking some steroids but when I checked my character sheet, the debuff didn't have any information about it.

Sorry for all the questions, but thanks for any help!

That's disabled in sphereii-core, so you need to go to Mods\2-SphereIICore\Config, open blocks.xml and find DisableXPNotification and set it to false.

I need to edit the tooltip. You dont lose xp. You have an XP gain reduction while it's active. I don't believe it stacks.

Steroids side effect is -10% melee damage. That localization is fixed in DF 3.4.

5 hours ago, Unborn said:

Nope. Once the quest is done, it's done. That's intended because I don't want people constantly resetting the bunkers.

Titainium has a chance of being under rocks in the wasteland just like other biomes.

Hey I'm fairly new to this, but with the new update me and my friends cant start a game in Darkness falls. We updated everything using the mod launcher and updated the core game to 19.4 (also veryfied the game copy is updated). Mod is 3.4 and game is 19.4 . Normal 7d2d works just fine, but neither our old df save nor a new df game works for us. The game initialises the world and then it crashes to desktop (some unity stuff). This happens seperately on 3 different  pc systems.

Am i just dumb and dont see the obvious?

I checked Forums and such, but cant find anything recent.

Please help 😃

I've seen the other post about not being able to load old saves, but my real problem is that i cant get a NEW single player game to lauch at all.

im getting the same Screen as the others from above.

Edited by Michules (see edit history)

9 minutes ago, Michules said:

Hey I'm fairly new to this, but with the new update me and my friends cant start a game in Darkness falls. We updated everything using the mod launcher and updated the core game to 19.4 (also veryfied the game copy is updated). Mod is 3.4 and game is 19.4 . Normal 7d2d works just fine, but neither our old df save nor a new df game works for us. The game initialises the world and then it crashes to desktop (some unity stuff). This happens seperately on 3 different  pc systems.

Please help 😃

Look for "foreign" mods. You can't use most other mods together with DF.

3 minutes ago, Falaffel said:

Look for "foreign" mods. You can't use most other mods together with DF.

Dont have any? I literally started to play this mod 3 days ago ^^ and i have nothing else installed.

I aslo did just reinstall everything- still doesnt work.

Edited by Michules (see edit history)

14 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Eve is in a POI in the snow biome.

And thank you for the donation :)

There IS a plan to have the traders send you to her eventually.

So Eve is always in the snow biome? I'm playing on one of your included maps if that helps

1 hour ago, Michules said:

Please help 😃

I've seen the other post about not being able to load old saves, but my real problem is that i cant get a NEW single player game to lauch at all.

im getting the same Screen as the others from above.

Without your log file, I'm guessing it's this error.

The file 'C:/7D2D/Alpha19/Darkness_Falls/Darkness_Falls/7DaysToDie_Data/resources.assets' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!
[Position out of bounds!]

I don't touch that file. So it's either bad steam download or a bad mod download.

42 minutes ago, Doomofman said:

So Eve is always in the snow biome? I'm playing on one of your included maps if that helps

Pretty much, or literally right on the edge of it (a couple of maps spawned her right on the edge of snow so she's half in snow, half in forest)