Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

When i run 7D2D normally it uses about 5-6 gigs  of memory (I have 16 gigs). I tried Darkness Falls on a medium map but it was using 14 gigs  plus of memory until it crashed my system.

I have dropped the textures to half and other setting to low or off in some case, but it still uses 11-12G on a medium map when it runs.

I have tried the small map at half settings and that still uses 11 gigs.

I'm not using nitro ,

No other mods,

Page file size is 32 gig.

i have install the mods as per the instructions.

i have deleted all save games,

deleted and and reinstalled the mod with a fresh setup,

No change. I have looked around but i can't find any solution. any help would be great.

Running through a new playthrough and just put a point into "Robotics Inventor" under mechanic skill tree, which should allow me to build "poor quality" turrets.  But when I check the workbench build menu, the robotic turret is locked, and says I need "Robotics Inventor" to unlock it.  But I already started that tree with putting the first point into it.  Is there something I'm missing, or is this a bug?  Thanks.

My workbench is definitely glitching somehow.  I'm making flagstone blocks myself, and it (I think correctly) tells me they cost 4 cobblestone each, or 2 if I make them in the workbench.  But in the workbench I get only one option, and it costs 4 cobblestone per block.  Something sketchy going on?

Any other mod installed ?

Did you use the 3.2 version before and then installed 3.3 over it ? (Then you should delete all beside Mods folder and do a fresh 7D2D copy ). The filestructure got changed with 3.3 and old 3.2 files might be still there.

Just tried it myself, 1 point into robotic inventor unlock the robotic sledge turret (the one with the hammer)  but not the robotic turret (the one that shoot).

For the shooting turrets you need level 3 at robotic inventor.

Edited by Canute (see edit history)

On 1/9/2021 at 9:21 PM, ryan8438 said:

My workbench is definitely glitching somehow.  I'm making flagstone blocks myself, and it (I think correctly) tells me they cost 4 cobblestone each, or 2 if I make them in the workbench.  But in the workbench I get only one option, and it costs 4 cobblestone per block.  Something sketchy going on?

You need to put the iron hammer in the workbench.

On 1/9/2021 at 2:25 PM, KhaineGB said:

That's odd. Small maps only use like 6-8GB on my 32GB system.

Try the maps ending with 2. Those don't have compo pack included, which can help with RAM usage.

I tried the Small 2 map and it still uses about 10GB of memory

Started playing on Dfalls-VSmall2 map seems like the poi are the generic locations. When i  went to take a look at Dfalls-Vsmall1 there where so many unique POIs.  

=\     already sunk a good amount of time into Small2 but if anyone wants crazy POIS Small1 seems alot better 

8 hours ago, TheBudaDon said:

Is there a way to take mods off a wep that can be used as in a recipe? i have a AK an now i have recipe at the bottom an no way to take my mods off

Put them at the hotbar, then the equip menu point don't show and you get access to modify.

8 hours ago, EthanKai said:

I tried the Small 2 map and it still uses about 10GB of memory

I'll double check later but it definitely wasn't that much for me. One of my testers has 8GB and he was playing Small 1 and Small 2 with no issues.

4 hours ago, erock101x said:

Started playing on Dfalls-VSmall2 map seems like the poi are the generic locations. When i  went to take a look at Dfalls-Vsmall1 there where so many unique POIs.  

=\     already sunk a good amount of time into Small2 but if anyone wants crazy POIS Small1 seems alot better 

Yep. Any map ending in 2 does NOT have compo pack POI's. Any map ending in 1 DOES have them.

Honestly, I want to remove compo pack. Loot isn't well balanced, when one of the testers has to balance it, he turns up the sleeper spawns (which folks then complain about) and quests are buggy.

But everyone seems to want it for some reason.

29 minutes ago, Canute said:

Put them at the hotbar, then the equip menu point don't show and you get access to modify.

^ this.

I'm going to see what I can do about adjusting the UI so another button can be added in.

12 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

I'll double check later but it definitely wasn't that much for me. One of my testers has 8GB and he was playing Small 1 and Small 2 with no issues.

Yep. Any map ending in 2 does NOT have compo pack POI's. Any map ending in 1 DOES have them.

Honestly, I want to remove compo pack. Loot isn't well balanced, when one of the testers has to balance it, he turns up the sleeper spawns (which folks then complain about) and quests are buggy.

But everyone seems to want it for some reason.

^ this.

I'm going to see what I can do about adjusting the UI so another button can be added in.

How about removing drop which nobody uses, unless that’s harder to code. 

hi can anyone help i keep getting this error when joining a dedi server i am hosting on another pc (err xml loader loading and parsing failed exception class block plant growing with water mods not found on block crops growing master)
i downloaded the file and replace those on my 7d2d folder and cant start only see a black screen with the 7d2d mouse

11 hours ago, LeonProfessional said:

How about removing drop which nobody uses, unless that’s harder to code. 

Good idea. I'll check.

2 hours ago, Eugene0565 said:

hi can anyone help i keep getting this error when joining a dedi server i am hosting on another pc (err xml loader loading and parsing failed exception class block plant growing with water mods not found on block crops growing master)
i downloaded the file and replace those on my 7d2d folder and cant start only see a black screen with the 7d2d mouse

First error on the server means it's not installed properly.
Second error means EAC is on. Turn it off.

6 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Good idea. I'll check.

thanks for the help now we are facing player creating stuck any idea how to get the fix?

4 minutes ago, Eugene0565 said:

thanks for the help now we are facing player creating stuck any idea how to get the fix?image.thumb.png.da656e3e25cd00ab11aad65ff200634f.png

6 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Good idea. I'll check.

Eugene0565

i would suggest that you try to start at first a singleplayer game, just to check if anything is fine at the client side.

When you got errors/problems you havn't installed it right ,use additional mods that cause trouble or maybe didn't use 7D2D 19.3 .

And just a question to you, can YOU read something at the picture you posted ? Beside there is something red, it don't contain any information.

Inside the 7DaysToDie_Data folder you can find the output_log.txt  the logfile.

You could copy&paste the error's from there or attach the whole file.

1 hour ago, Canute said:

Eugene0565

i would suggest that you try to start at first a singleplayer game, just to check if anything is fine at the client side.

When you got errors/problems you havn't installed it right ,use additional mods that cause trouble or maybe didn't use 7D2D 19.3 .

And just a question to you, can YOU read something at the picture you posted ? Beside there is something red, it don't contain any information.

Inside the 7DaysToDie_Data folder you can find the output_log.txt  the logfile.

You could copy&paste the error's from there or attach the whole file.

Hi

Thanks for your reply so sorry my bad Below is the error i get
ERR NCSimple_Deserializer (ch=0):
EndOfStream: attempted to read past the end of the stream