Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

46 minutes ago, scubahalo said:

Go to 7 Days To Die\Mods\0-SphereIICore\Config. Open blocks.xml with Notepad++ or whatever and change property value of line 73 (UnlockEnemyHealthBar) to false. Save and close.

Thanks, deeply appreciated! :)

One other quick question, where do I go to adjust items degrading every time they are repaired?  (Ideally i want to change it so the max level of armor crafting and similar skills to have item below quality 71 no longer degrades on repair)

1 hour ago, Silveressa said:

One other quick question, where do I go to adjust items degrading every time they are repaired?  (Ideally i want to change it so the max level of armor crafting and similar skills to have item below quality 71 no longer degrades on repair)

That I don't know. I think Khaine might have answered a similar question a page or two back, though.

21 hours ago, Vaeliorin said:

Anyway, I think I'm going to play some vanilla (-ish) for a bit.  I like a lot about the mod, but I think I need to re-learn base building for A19 or something, because that was just way beyond what I was prepared to deal with.

I think Khaine has mentioned to me previously that 90mins is the top end of what he recommends.  That's because like you found the game ramps up and you run into nightmare scenerios without being properly geared or prepared for the curve you find yourself in.  The traditional bases do not work in Darkness Falls so that isn't your fault.  The user kind of needs to undo some of the vanilla habits to make darkness falls viable solo because horde nights are tough. 

At GS30 solo after a week you would need to do a ton of prep and have a lot looted to have a good time imho.  I personally use a lot of bases that path zombies away from me and back to me constantly in a maze type kill base with as many slows as you can build up (barb wire, log spikes, hatch barricades, water, etc).  But I will say that A19 is harder than A18 was and I played a lot of it.

Can anyone confirm if the following is intentional and working correctly?

I began with Farmer and Mechanic classes and proceeded to spend points to unlock Steel Crafting. I eventually then unlock the Laborer class and find that I have now lost the ability to craft steel.

The day 56 horde did a pretty good number on my steel reinforced horde base when a demolisher exploded and I now can't make steel for the day 70 horde and am still quite a way off being able to spend 10 points to unlock Titanium in the Laborer class. Reinforced concrete just isn't going to cut it for day 70!

If this is working as designed then I have a real problem upgrading blocks to titanium if I can't make steel. Is this how it is supposed to work?

I am having a hell of a time finding Research Notes and I did read through some of the replies in the thread but I am still having issues. I am playing on a random-gen server and near level 100 yet have 5 Notes and this is after farming hazmat, soldiers, and lab techs. Any advice gents on how I can get these?

35 minutes ago, Elder Drake said:

I am having a hell of a time finding Research Notes and I did read through some of the replies in the thread but I am still having issues. I am playing on a random-gen server and near level 100 yet have 5 Notes and this is after farming hazmat, soldiers, and lab techs. Any advice gents on how I can get these?

I'm on day 68 and I only have 3, also on a random gen map.

17 hours ago, Sneakypeek said:

Can anyone confirm if the following is intentional and working correctly?

I began with Farmer and Mechanic classes and proceeded to spend points to unlock Steel Crafting. I eventually then unlock the Laborer class and find that I have now lost the ability to craft steel.

The day 56 horde did a pretty good number on my steel reinforced horde base when a demolisher exploded and I now can't make steel for the day 70 horde and am still quite a way off being able to spend 10 points to unlock Titanium in the Laborer class. Reinforced concrete just isn't going to cut it for day 70!

If this is working as designed then I have a real problem upgrading blocks to titanium if I can't make steel. Is this how it is supposed to work?

Yep, that's intended. Laborer should refund those points so you can spend them in Hammer and Forge, which unlocks steel.

6 hours ago, Elder Drake said:

Raid labs. The desks and lockers in there can drop them.

Hey. Noticed big mistakes:
Porkins-collimator is installed inside the weapon and the laser sight is hanging in the air.
Coilsniper - muffler mounted on top of the barrel. When aiming, the hands cover the crosshair (no telescopic sight).
Botanist Points - further reduce the crafting time.
Bulletproof glass is made instantly in adv. forge.
Quality 73 and 71 laser rifles are not combined on the laser workbench.
Small bunker, central spawn bag, some zombies appear under the floor.

If you find / buy spare parts for a motorcycle or a car, then you can assemble a vehicle on a regular workbench without a mechanic class.
In fact, the mechanic class is needed only for crafting mods. Suggestion: remove the ability to craft a car and a motorcycle on a regular workbench.
To craft a 4x4 truck, use the v8 engine, which can only be made by a mechanic.
The motorcycle also needs a unique engine.

Having opened all the classes, some for points, he began to complete the quests of the merchant (Joel).
Completed 30+ quests. If the class is open, won't you get the book?

Players with lvl 250 have the same GS, aligned to the maximum value. (MP)

A19.0_2020-09-07_00-26-51.jpg

A lot of the gun attachments are just a pain in the arse. In some cases it's "I did the best I could" with them.

I already know about the coilweapons needing fixing for attachments.

Ignore forge stuff. They're getting re-written for 19.1.

Vehicle stuff is fixed locally.

Vehicle parts in boxes and stuff that weren't supposed to be there have already been removed.

Will check the laser rifles but they worked for me.

GS I can't do much about due to TFP's changes. What's the GS cap though, just out of interest?

I'm having an issue with demons fireballs aoe effect hitting me through walls. In the research lab they can hit me 2 floors away, making it almost impossible to get trough. Is this a bug with collision or ....something else ?

We're on alpha 19 (b180) if that matters.

57 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

It's because I'm using positionAOE to apply the buff and it ignores walls.

Been like that since A17. Not fixable. Player molotovs work the same way.

Maybe it would be better to have them guided so they almost always hit but don't have such a huge aoe. The ones down at the gate/portal are aoeing me just inside the first door. That or lower their agro to line of site so they're not trying to shoot you through the walls...if that's possible.

Not trying to tell you how to run your mod just having demon fire coming through the walls was kind of a meh experience. The rest has been better than vanilla and I can't see myself ever going back.

Is there a way to contend with the dot. Water doesn't put it out ( that I can tell ) ?

Hi, Khaine!
Me and my friend really like this mod, but we found some serious bugs. For example:
-Perk "Lucky Looter" - does not work as intended (looting speed not change, there is no skill point in investing).
-Perk "Self Medicated" - does not work, why there is no point in taking a class Survivalist.
-Demolition Expert - not bug, but there is a weirdness. When we ourselves went into the configuration files and increased the damage multiplier of THIS PERK (explosives do too little damage, when zombies have 1-4k HP - my opinion), the damage increased from all sources. There is no such dependence in vanilla A19. Is this by design?

And that's just what we found by accident, without looking bugs specifically. We fixed it all in the configuration files and enjoyed the mod further.
Thanks for the mod and wish you some improvements and fixes.

7 hours ago, damonvile said:

Maybe it would be better to have them guided so they almost always hit but don't have such a huge aoe. The ones down at the gate/portal are aoeing me just inside the first door. That or lower their agro to line of site so they're not trying to shoot you through the walls...if that's possible.

Not trying to tell you how to run your mod just having demon fire coming through the walls was kind of a meh experience. The rest has been better than vanilla and I can't see myself ever going back.

Is there a way to contend with the dot. Water doesn't put it out ( that I can tell ) ?

Since it's using the cop "puke" method, we can't make them damn near accurate. Try spawning one in game in an open area and you'll see what I mean.

Water DOES put it out. I fixed that in 3.02. It also makes you immune for 30 seconds.

6 hours ago, Witchmaster said:

Hi, Khaine!
Me and my friend really like this mod, but we found some serious bugs. For example:
-Perk "Lucky Looter" - does not work as intended (looting speed not change, there is no skill point in investing).
-Perk "Self Medicated" - does not work, why there is no point in taking a class Survivalist.
-Demolition Expert - not bug, but there is a weirdness. When we ourselves went into the configuration files and increased the damage multiplier of THIS PERK (explosives do too little damage, when zombies have 1-4k HP - my opinion), the damage increased from all sources. There is no such dependence in vanilla A19. Is this by design?

And that's just what we found by accident, without looking bugs specifically. We fixed it all in the configuration files and enjoyed the mod further.
Thanks for the mod and wish you some improvements and fixes.

Lucky looter isn't intended to increase looting speed. It increase the amount of stuff found. Fast Eddie increases speed.

Self Medicated sort-of works, but it works on pills, not bandages and stuff. NORMAL painkillers were bugged which I have fixed.

Demolition Expert is bugged in A19. You have to increase the damage on ITEMS, not the perk. Example.

<effect_group tiered="false" name="workaround for explosives ignoring perks/buffs">
		<requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="perkDemolitionsExpert" operation="Equals" value="1"/>
			<passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="perc_add" value=".1"/>
			<passive_effect name="BlockDamage"  operation="perc_add" value=".1"/>
			<passive_effect name="DismemberChance" operation="base_add" value=".05"/>
	</effect_group>
	<effect_group tiered="false" name="workaround for explosives ignoring perks/buffs">
		<requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="perkDemolitionsExpert" operation="Equals" value="2"/>
			<passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="perc_add" value=".2"/>
			<passive_effect name="BlockDamage"  operation="perc_add" value=".2"/>
			<passive_effect name="DismemberChance" operation="base_add" value=".1"/>
	</effect_group>
		<requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="perkDemolitionsExpert" operation="Equals" value="3"/>
			<passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="perc_add" value=".3"/>
			<passive_effect name="BlockDamage"  operation="perc_add" value=".3"/>
			<passive_effect name="DismemberChance" operation="base_add" value=".2"/>
	</effect_group>
		<requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="perkDemolitionsExpert" operation="Equals" value="4"/>
			<passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="perc_add" value=".4"/>
			<passive_effect name="BlockDamage"  operation="perc_add" value=".4"/>
			<passive_effect name="DismemberChance" operation="base_add" value=".3"/>
	</effect_group>
		<requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="perkDemolitionsExpert" operation="Equals" value="5"/>
			<passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="perc_add" value=".5"/>
			<passive_effect name="BlockDamage"  operation="perc_add" value=".5"/>
			<passive_effect name="DismemberChance" operation="base_add" value=".45"/>
	</effect_group>

19 hours ago, damonvile said:

I'm having an issue with demons fireballs aoe effect hitting me through walls. In the research lab they can hit me 2 floors away, making it almost impossible to get trough. Is this a bug with collision or ....something else ?

We're on alpha 19 (b180) if that matters.

i just hit the labs yesterday. NP on the 1st one, on the second lab things were fine, cleared it and then when moving the loot started getting fire balled in the corridors. when at surface level my 4X4 and bike were on fire and the zombies had blasted out a giant hole that you could look down in and see the roof of the lab. all the time whatever was causing the explosions had me targeted until i left the area. neither teleport was actively spawning zombies.