Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Hi Khaine,

I've been playing quite a lot the experimental versiion and I have some comments, questions and a suggestion or two;

1. Love that you have changed titanium skin to a light blue. I think it makes more sense.

2. I really like the perk tree you have created and I also really like that you actually level up skills by doing them (instead of just "unlocking" the possibility to spend a point in there).

3. I have titanium but for some reason I can't create the titanium sledge hammer. It says I don't have a recipe. I have read the recipe for the "normal" sledge hammer and it still doesn't allow me to create it. Is there a special recipe or is it part of a master perk of a specific class? So far I have mastered labourer, Mechanic, Security, Survival (but I haven't started the class; I just found the book as loot), Hunter (same as with survival) and Scientist (only one mission away from having all unlocked).

4. I'm having serious trouble finding mods, is it intended? In fact, I have only found already made mods and weapon schematics, but no mod schematic.

5. Suggestion; I think the encumbered/backpack might need some tweaking, as the beginning of the game is utterly tedious due to easy encumbering.

6. Suggestion: for some reason, I found a master's book in one of the vendors on day....8?10? (it was labourer's, but I already got it from lucky loot early on). Personally, I think there shouldn't be master's books available to buy at merchants and, if there are available, they should be super expensive (this one was the same price as any other skill book).

4. I'm having serious trouble finding mods, is it intended? In fact, I have only found already made mods and weapon schematics, but no mod schematic.

I believe you can't find mod schematics for headlights and such, as you now need the generic mod schematic papers (those blue papers)

With them, a good amount of them (maybe a bit many needed imo) you then craft the mods you did before, just that there are no specific schematics anymore. And to unlock those mods for crafting i believe it's again "Yeah Science".

I haven't played this mod or 7dtd in 1.5 almost 2 months, whats new since then?

A lot... I basically rewrote the progression again so it's more like A16 with A17 stuff bolted on rather than the other way around. :)

@KhaineGB i think when someone gets blurred objects then he should not turn off texture streaming, it might mean better textures but also loss of fps and mostly "Lag Spikes" that can make playing game very annoying. .

No, it's texture streaming that's the issue because Kickz and Kage had it with GTX 1080's, and I had it on my desktop PC with a GTX 980Ti.

If the game looks fine in vanilla, but bad in the mod, that option has been turned on and needs to be disabled.

Hi, after choosing your two classes, how do one go about to learn the recipes that the other classes teach you?

Learn more classes. You need Skill notes, which you can get from scrapping books, generic schematics or trader quests. There's also a VERY rare chance of a blank class book turning up in loot.

Hi Khaine,

I've been playing quite a lot the experimental versiion and I have some comments, questions and a suggestion or two;

1. Love that you have changed titanium skin to a light blue. I think it makes more sense.

2. I really like the perk tree you have created and I also really like that you actually level up skills by doing them (instead of just "unlocking" the possibility to spend a point in there).

3. I have titanium but for some reason I can't create the titanium sledge hammer. It says I don't have a recipe. I have read the recipe for the "normal" sledge hammer and it still doesn't allow me to create it. Is there a special recipe or is it part of a master perk of a specific class? So far I have mastered labourer, Mechanic, Security, Survival (but I haven't started the class; I just found the book as loot), Hunter (same as with survival) and Scientist (only one mission away from having all unlocked).

5. Suggestion; I think the encumbered/backpack might need some tweaking, as the beginning of the game is utterly tedious due to easy encumbering.

6. Suggestion: for some reason, I found a master's book in one of the vendors on day....8?10? (it was labourer's, but I already got it from lucky loot early on). Personally, I think there shouldn't be master's books available to buy at merchants and, if there are available, they should be super expensive (this one was the same price as any other skill book).

Titanium sledgehammer is in the Titanium crafting perk. :)

Mod drop rate is roughly the same as vanila. Mod SCHEMATICS are gone, you get the blue generic schematic paper now instead. That can be used to make any mod you like. The recipes are unlocked with the Science Crafting perk.

Backpack isn't gonna get changed. There's tons of ways to unlock slots and it is intended you can't just stick on a backpack and buy pack mule. Storage pockets go on clothing.... jacket, shirt, pants. Those 3 also unlock slots, you get an extra 7 just for wearing a jacket, shirt and pants. Then there's bigger backpacks to make, tactical rigging for chest slot armor for more slots, etc.

I don't mind increasing the price of the mastery books, but one of the reasons they're on the trader is because they were WAY too hard to find in the A16 version without that.

They changed the method used to grant skills.

So in A16, I'd use this.

<property class="Action1"> <!-- UseAction -->
<property name="Class" value="LearnRecipe"/>
<property name="Skills_to_gain" value="craftSkillGuns,9mm Round Crafting"/>
<property name="Delay" value="1"/>
<property name="ActionExp" value="0"/>
<property name="ActionExpBonusMultiplier" value="0"/>
<property name="Sound_start" value="recipe_unlocked"/>
</property>

But in A17, I have to use this.

<property class="Action0">
<property name="Class" value="GainSkill"/>
<property name="Consume" value="true"/>
<property name="Delay" value="1.0"/>
<property name="Use_time" value="..."/>
<property name="Skills_to_gain" value="perkMasterBuilder,perkMasterToolsmith"/>
<property name="ActionExpBonusMultiplier" value="0"/> <!-- When first learned the multiplier is applied. After that only the action exp is applied but it's applied for EACH item in the book. -->
<property name="Sound_start" value="recipe_unlocked"/>
</property>

@KhaineGB I have, however, noticed there are some schematics that you can "read" from your inventory, but these cause the window to flash a few times and the schematic disappears without learning anything. Not sure if this is a bug with DF or with A17.

@KhaineGB Not sure if you changed anything in the UI settings but now the advanced forge right hand side is slightly off set.

@KhaineGB Also, just double checked my settings since the new experimental update and I am getting a blood moon every night since day 7. Settings are blood moon frequency every 7 days and range 1 day.

I have played the new update about 8 hours today and no other problems found so far :)

Edited by Wacko (see edit history)

@KhaineGB I have, however, noticed there are some schematics that you can "read" from your inventory, but these cause the window to flash a few times and the schematic disappears without learning anything. Not sure if this is a bug with DF or with A17.

@KhaineGB Not sure if you changed anything in the UI settings but now the advanced forge right hand side is slightly off set.

@KhaineGB Also, just double checked my settings since the new experimental update and I am getting a blood moon every night since day 7. Settings are blood moon frequency every 7 days and range 1 day.

I have played the new update about 8 hours today and no other problems found so far :)

Those schematics use the cvar system, which is how it was designed for A17 vanilla, but it's kinda dodgy. I'll probably consider changing that to perks later.

Advanced forge is slightly off because I had to fix another bug so it just needs lining up again.

Range doesn't work properly. It's an acknowledge vanilla bug. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

There is still a bug with your mod, its a UI issue, bascally the health bar does not turn black for health you need to use bandages to heal. Been there for a while now, its minor, but it does bug me lol.

That's not a bug. It's because I'm using the old A12 sprites for health/stamina/etc. Therefore the black bars don't work.

Is there some type of source to figuring out how to get the mod custom tools and what not? I can't figure out what skill gives steel wrench or how to make a sewing kit or a welding torch and things of that nature.

you can buy the sewing kit from traders

you can find the blowtorch in mechanic loot boxes

i dont have the answer on the steel wrench but i believe it involves being a certain minimum level

- - - Updated - - -

we have found several of the first two in loot boxes and traders

on Stoney's Refuge (our dedi) we have incorporated several mods that work great with 2.04 the only one we have had an issue with is the Manux Vehicle pack because DF limits vehicle construction to no higher than the 4x4 and it changed the way grease monkey works.. I have a hack-fix that allows all of its vehicles to be made except the heliocopter because it requires gyro accessories which cannot be made thanks to @khaine completely obliterating gyro accessories from being able to be made

you can buy the sewing kit from traders

you can find the blowtorch in mechanic loot boxes

i dont have the answer on the steel wrench but i believe it involves being a certain minimum level

- - - Updated - - -

we have found several of the first two in loot boxes and traders

what are mechanic loot boxes?

Car parts boxes and working stiff boxes.

Steel wrench is a mechanic mastery perk reward.

Had a feeling thats where the torch was, currently its blocking me in my game from minibike and a ton of other things, haven't found one yet.

Hey Khaine,

I think butchering tools, Bow crafting, leather armor crafting, minibike and bicycle crafting are broken. Lvl 120, all the books and weapon+tools mastery at 5, yet these are still "locked" under requirements not met and still red colored. I was able to make titanium machete, bikes from mastery skills, yet ordinary ones are still locked behind something. Haven't check the progression xml but I think there might be localization issue or no values added to requirements.

Thats for experimental :)

Edited by Bhaaltazar (see edit history)

Minibike and Bicycle I know get locked if you're a mechanic.

I'll check the others.

EDIT: Leather Armor is not available if you're a hunter cos they get that free, so that's why that'll get locked.

Not sure about the bows. That just says weapon crafting 2 and 3.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Minibike and Bicycle I know get locked if you're a mechanic.

I'll check the others.

EDIT: Leather Armor is not available if you're a hunter cos they get that free, so that's why that'll get locked.

Not sure about the bows. That just says weapon crafting 2 and 3.

It occured to me that you may moved vehicles under mechanic, since recipe was there in earlier experimental, but machete and compound bow are still uncraftable. ( maybe you should just move compound bow somewhere under hunter tree? ).

And one more thing on the side note - wheat, oranges, tomatoes, flour... and other seeds are locked behind farming mastery skill. It kind of "kills" the diversity purpose since they aren't part of any OP food recipe. Usually by the time you unlock the farming class mastery ( by finding the book usually ) they are sort of obsolete, since you are packed with meat stews and other stuff that are better than what you can make with those. Living of the land is the strongest "OP" perk in farming class, mastery itself is sort of subpar for a mastery - maybe mutated crops are locked in mastery or something better even?

Also I noticed today, that advanced forge when you open it started to lag really badly ( 2 FPS ) with the last experimental version, cant craft anything into crafting line - I remember this "bug" in previous versions of vanilla A15 or A16 i think. Anything you can do about that? I tried picking it up and down, but it doesn't help.

Will look into the forge. It's been working for me but I might need to re-do the windows.... AGAIN. ;)

The better food actually isn't obsolete. You need it to help mitigate the effects of the near death debuff. Vanilla style food + new food will give +50 health and stamina while Near Death is active. I wanted it to be a bit of a reward for spending all that time and effort making that stuff.

Also it made sense that better food and drink should be part of looking after yourself after a traumatic experience. I'm also going to be working on the illnesses a bit so those better food/drinks can aid in the recovery process.

I only died once at the beginning so haven't noticed that - I just had couple of meat stews and it was night time anyways when i died :). I ll try to die more to make full use of it :D

And must compliment you again on skill tree - lvl 120+ yet still having fun leveling and exploring.

BTW - are those generalschematics fixed in loot drops now? Looted most of the libraries so i only looted few of bookshelfs lately ( it would be good if you would be getting those only from safes ( like you go loot a bank safes like in A16 to find schematics ), weapon bags, lootcrates... ofc like couple of those? )

Edited by Bhaaltazar (see edit history)