A16 - Tin'sMod: The Dying Lands.

Tin

Neelix: This sounds like there was an error in the launcher updating, if you are using the launcher. Best bet is to delete it and do a clean download(check the box 'download from Steam' or copy in a fresh/clean vanilla if you have one backed up to make sure you are starting clean).

Barring that, check through the log to be sure you know which file is being loaded. What you will probably be looking for is a comment that wasn't correctly closed, which therefor ended up enclosing a second comment. That's usually what causes that error, since the contents of a comment can't contain '--', and the opening of a comment is: <!-- The closing is --> so if you can figure out where the comment was supposed to close, you can do so using that syntax.

If you open the file in NotePad++, stuff that is encapsulated in comments will show up green. That could help you find the run-on comment.

I appreciate your response. If it matters, the server is not hosted locally, its hosted through TruGaming. Would I need a launcher of some sort on the server side? I understand to make this mod work it appears thats needed currently client side, but I haven't gotten that far yet. I sort of kinda understand how this works, but maybe not enough. I merely via FTP replaced the files as described (actually the folders) and I get this error when launching the server. I wish I knew which file was causing the issue, the web console doesn't say which file. But in biomes.xml, there is indeed a comment with double hyphens on line 2074 in Notepad ++ , in fact several on lines not the one in question, including before the comment the console seems to disallow, which is where my perhaps insufficient understanding lies.

Edit: I think I solved the issue, we had a mod prior which gave us working faucets and oven that functions as a campfire, I manually added that on top of Tin's mod. Either I screwed re-implementing the relevant portions of the XML files, or Tin's mod doesn't want to play nice with Pringlez. I don't know. It would be nice to make them play together, if anyone more experienced in coding wishes to help me with that, I wouldn't say no. But the server does start now that I did a fresh re-up of Tin's files without adding the coding for the ovens and faucets.

Glad you figured it out.

Yeah, making 2 mods work together can be really tricky. If you went in to modify the xml itself, pasting in the relevant portions, its likely you just made an error in the way you pasted it in, and caused a syntax error.

I can take a look at Pringlez and see if I can paste them together somehow. Would be nice if people made piecemeal mods like 'working faucets and sinks' as standalone SDX packages, that would make them way easier to use as add-ons.

Glad you figured it out.

Yeah, making 2 mods work together can be really tricky. If you went in to modify the xml itself, pasting in the relevant portions, its likely you just made an error in the way you pasted it in, and caused a syntax error.

I can take a look at Pringlez and see if I can paste them together somehow. Would be nice if people made piecemeal mods like 'working faucets and sinks' as standalone SDX packages, that would make them way easier to use as add-ons.

Right, it could be that I screwed that up. I understanding coding insofar as my Unix 101 class years ago required me write a simple BASH script to present to the class with multiple executable options, one of which I created, let people on our server spam the professor with emails, she loved it (no sarcasm). But thats about it, that and combined with my drinking since I'm off tomorrow, I may have made a simple syntax error. But if you can make it work. Hey man, I would appreciate it a lot. We definitely like the convenience of that mod, and the logic that if in a future zombie apocalypse, if we can make lights work with a gas generator in an abandoned house, we can make the dang water well work and having running water lol.

Edit: the mod in question

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/56/

- - - Updated - - -

Can you link me to the mod in question?

Yes sir.

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/56/

One tricky thing in setting up a unique mod-mashup on a server though is that in order to work right, everyone who uses your server will have to download the specific files you used. The big advantage to using a prepackaged mod like this is that you can tell people to just download Tin's mod from the Launcher.

One tricky thing in setting up a unique mod-mashup on a server though is that in order to work right, everyone who uses your server will have to download the specific files you used. The big advantage to using a prepackaged mod like this is that you can tell people to just download Tin's mod from the Launcher.

Well theres only 4 of us, 2 other friends who I play games with consistently, (think of the movie Noobs, thats us), 1 newer person recently who came along, but its easy enough for me to distribute the files so all of us can be on the same page there.

I can patch the modifications in myself if you like, it's simple enough(Pringlez nicely added all the changes at the end of the file, so adding it in to other mods is a piece of cake), but if you still have the copy you modded sitting around, a quick scan of recipes.xml around line 2704 ought to turn up the problem.

OH! Yeah, no, just pasting in the Pringlz code isn't going to work for blocks.xml. Both Tin and Pringlz mods make use of the same go-to block IDs. :/

This is why I wish people coded these things as SDX packages. It's a tiny bit more work but it completely bypasses the issue of 2 mods using the same ID numbers by automatically assigning new blocks an unused ID# if there are any remaining.

OH! Yeah, no, just pasting in the Pringlz code isn't going to work for blocks.xml. Both Tin and Pringlz mods make use of the same go-to block IDs. :/

This is why I wish people coded these things as SDX packages. It's a tiny bit more work but it completely bypasses the issue of 2 mods using the same ID numbers by automatically assigning new blocks an unused ID# if there are any remaining.

That would explain alot. Well if theres anything you can do to make a custom file work, either changing it to a new item, I'd appreciate it, if not, I still appreciate you for taking the time and helping me narrow down this problem.

So, either way, thank you.

Heh. No, the problem you got was from making a typo in your copy/paste. You left off a comment closer when you copied the code from Pringlz to Tin in the recipes.xml file. Pringlz used a comment format that left the comment closer way out on the end of the line, making missing it in the copy/paste really easy to do. That's what caused your error.

It's a good thing you made that mistake too, as the blocks.xml issue wouldn't have turned up until you started playing the game and it tried to spawn one of the blocks that you'd overwritten the ID# of. Included in that are most of the Zed gore blocks of Tin's mod, so any time you killed a zombie the game would have either thrown a weird error, or possibly spawned a kitchen sink where the zombie used to be. XD

I'll bang out a working file for you. But since I need practice writing SDX packages anyway, and this thing might be useful to other people, I figure I'll just rewrite Pringlz's mod as an SDX package that anyone can use as an add-on to any existing mod. That is a more involved task though, so it'll take a bit of time. I'll use Tin's mod as a test subject though, which will give me copies of the 4 files you need. So you don't have to play with the SDX system yourself if you don't want to. Though it is a really nifty tool that lets you add all sorts of piecemeal add-ons to existing mods, and it's well worth checking out if you run a server and like personalizing your game.

Good day Tin

I have a suggestion .. Could you put a version in game maybe on the ESC page .. so we know wish version we are running for sure.

I know you updated to V0.0.8 .. but it doesn't say it anywhere .. Thank you

PS: and Yes I'm a 7d2d Launcher user .... unless sdx BBP is interfering with it .... Thank you again

so........Dying lands - D2 go near a hungry harry's, cop spawns, with my 50 bow and stone arrows, he explodes cause I couldn't kill him fast enough so he respawns ofc, I'm 2 city blocks away by this point. He tracks me down anyway, this time I die. I respawn in my base, approx 1/2 km away..... start walking away from my base and here comes the cop again..... This mod is deceptively evil

Good day Tin

I have a suggestion .. Could you put a version in game maybe on the ESC page .. so we know wish version we are running for sure.

I know you updated to V0.0.8 .. but it doesn't say it anywhere .. Thank you

PS: and Yes I'm a 7d2d Launcher user .... unless sdx BBP is interfering with it .... Thank you again

That would be a bit tedious with all the different UI's and needing to alter them all every time an new update comes out. You can ask if sphereii would do so but that's completely up to him as he gets a copy of the new updates before it goes into the launcher. He may have a streamlined process to do so but I'm not for certain he does.

I may look into doing that when I feel I am at the point when I am not just adding little things here and there on a regular basis. Like I said though I am not going to stop you from asking him either :p and thanks again for trying it out and hope it continues to entertain you as time goes on with it. :)

so........Dying lands - D2 go near a hungry harry's, cop spawns, with my 50 bow and stone arrows, he explodes cause I couldn't kill him fast enough so he respawns ofc, I'm 2 city blocks away by this point. He tracks me down anyway, this time I die. I respawn in my base, approx 1/2 km away..... start walking away from my base and here comes the cop again..... This mod is deceptively evil

Nice!

Yeah there's definitely something up with the cop sleeper spawns in that they keep on spawning over and over again at times. I think I might be able to stop that from happening but it's hard to really test out since its a bug that doesn't happen all the time.

What I am thinking about doing is getting rid of them exploding when their health gets low so you can actually kill them and hopefully it stops them from re-spawning in a poi like that but I still need to do more testing on that.

'IF' my experiments pan out, I'll probably up the vomit damage a touch in place of doing so.

.. and I'm thinking of also getting rid of their glow for the normal cops and just having it for the feral ones as all cops in vanilla glow atm.

Love the mod so far now that me and my guys are using it for the first time. One tweak I'd like to make if you could point me in the right direction. It seems the zombies come from too far away firing off a gun. I was looking in entityclasses.xml to see about changing that back to vanilla settings, it looks like thats on default "NoiseThreshold"? But yeah, it seems like firing off a single shot brings in a stream of neverending zombies, thats a little too much for us. I can fix it myself presuming I figure out which settings you changed to make that so.

Thanks again for the great mod so far though.

Love the mod so far now that me and my guys are using it for the first time. One tweak I'd like to make if you could point me in the right direction. It seems the zombies come from too far away firing off a gun. I was looking in entityclasses.xml to see about changing that back to vanilla settings, it looks like thats on default "NoiseThreshold"? But yeah, it seems like firing off a single shot brings in a stream of neverending zombies, thats a little too much for us. I can fix it myself presuming I figure out which settings you changed to make that so.

Thanks again for the great mod so far though.

Go in the sounds.xml: (example)

<SoundDataNode name="Pistol_Fire"> <AudioSource name="Sounds/AudioSource_WeaponFire"/> <NetworkAudioSource name="Sounds/AudioSource_WeaponFire_Network"/>
<Noise ID="3" [color="#FFFF00"]range="14"[/color] volume="16" time="3" muffled_when_crouched="0.65" heat_map_strength="0.05" heat_map_time="60"/>
<AudioClip ClipName="Sounds/Weapons/Ranged/Pistol/Pistol_Fire1"/>
<AudioClip ClipName="Sounds/Weapons/Ranged/Pistol/Pistol_Fire2"/>
<AudioClip ClipName="Sounds/Weapons/Ranged/Pistol/Pistol_Fire3"/>
<AudioClip ClipName="Sounds/Weapons/Ranged/Pistol/Pistol_Fire4"/>
<LocalCrouchVolumeScale name="1"/> <CrouchNoiseScale name="1"/> <[color="#FFFF00"]NoiseScale name="1"[/color]/> <MaxVoices name="6"/> <MaxRepeatRate name="0.001"/> </SoundDataNode>

and you can adjust how far out the guns sound will affect the zeds hearing.

I would guess though, that the zeds already are targeting you though and you would need to adjust in the entityclasses.xml their

<property name="SightScale" value="-5,[color="#FFFF00"]295[/color]"/>

down some. I wouldn't adjust it down below 150 though as then you can become almost godly by sneaking.. and it also has a effect on them doing the spinning dance. I would try 175 or 200 but I found the setting they're at to be optimal to stop the spinning effectively for the most part. at least until TFP fix the path issues and all that.

@Tin ; Just wanted to send goodwill, and to say thank you for taking the time and effort to make this. Haven't played the game for a while so if I'm incorrect about anything, my bad, quick go at 'vanilla' but have been playing Comsen Holiday mod for a week, moving onto this now. Always playing on 25% Loot and 30 minute days, but playing this with 50% loot and 40 minute days.

Long-winded thoughts below.

Been thinking of doing some form of Rwgmixer/mod akin to game called 'Darkwood', in a way; mostly dense pine-forests with numerous sub-biomes, abandoned small towns/villages and a large central city, spawning in a bedraggled 'hideout' structure. But playing through this, seems to be more or less what I was aiming for anyway. =D

I will first admit to tinkering with the sight-range (to 100ish) and view-angle (to 90/45 degree) somewhat as I found being 'Hunted' constantly in the wilderness to be... not sure what the wording would be, 'stressful' or something, wanted to be able to wander outside of populated areas somewhat quietly. Haven't re-tinkered with it since the most recent update while in a town.

I guess that feeling came about because the first play-through began in a snow biome, rapidly followed by so many zombies spawning well outside of actual rendering range, that by night-time, stuck out in the middle of nowhere... suffice to say, wasn't too keen sadly. Second play-through, spawned in a forest, camped out by a small lake first night (fighting off some varied zeds, mostly 'Fodders' and a few 'Ferals') and second day... found an actual, abandoned town, have been there since for about 16 days in total.

The very first structure (white wood abode) generated is amusingly one of the most secure ones, in the far corner of the abandoned town, next to a water tower and a Trader literally across the road, so it has ease of access to water, trading and wilderness for wood/hunting.

The spawning feels odd, but in a curious way; relatively few undead randomly roaming the streets, but lots of Sleepers, resulting in a strangely quite walk-about where moving from one end of the town to the other is perhaps easier than going in the wilderness, which might be due to the buildings blocking line of sight, but exploring even the abandoned or damaged structures suddenly becomes very dangerous given the number of Sleepers and their upped awareness and where they might spawn (a large pawn-broker's had some... nasty spawn-locations, later becoming the one-time night-7 fort), occasionally a random street-walker will take interest.

Progress is slow but compelling - I tended to take the Nomadic playstyle, so hesitated to put down roots so swiftly, thinking that I'd actually find the 'idea' place then do so, but even in a ruined town, there's enough loot and supplies to go for a while.

To wit with praise; If I may say so, the natural areas look so much better than in the un-modded rwgmixer; feels 'rich' in detail and more interesting, while somehow not being too hard on the graphics card (multiple year-old GTX 550 ti), same with the urban area though there is a little slow-down, more-so with torches but that is also the usual for this game. The altered and new poi's add a lot of... well, interest, with much more elevation and variety in the terrain, lots of minor poi's including surface/exposed little caves, small/large ponds, spooky-tree groups, coffin/dug-graves, rock/bush groupings, small stone-hillocks and standard poi's with wooden spikes and such makes everything feel more fleshed out. In addition, the 'haze' effect is very aesthetically appealing, and the weather system, I like it - seems to lean towards the cooler side, had only one short bout of snow and not much rain, but some foggy days/nights, over-cast seems more common place. Natural animal spawns feel like just enough, might desire more rabbits, make the area seem more alive given their more subtle visuals.

The occasional group of animals turning up is nice, though had some wild boar and a deer invite themselves into a laundromat while I was inside and began to wreck the place, oh well.

Vultures are actually a welcomed sight - so many feathers, woot, and also they do seem more aggressive, particularly as part of a wandering horde, more-so when they park at my temporary home while I'm scavenging. I don't remember seeing a zombie-dog yet, though have spotted some normal, can't-be-bothered bears, keeping well away from them, and saw/killed some wolfies and boars.

If I may throw some opinions in, based upon current play so not too in-depth; Perhaps move some mobile wilderness spawns over to town spawns, may be due to the increased sight-range, even with personal tweaks, seems more confrontation out in the woods than in a old town. The grass/rubbish and bushes littering the town-streets is nice, but the actual streets feel a little bare without larger objects like cars, would it be possible to add them? I've had a little experience messing around and optimizing the rwg mixer a while ago; reducing grass/similar blocks to 1/4 amount for better frames per second, adding the 'ruined/burnt' small-buildings, cars and loot-able-bodies (suitcase loot-table) to wilderness and such in a tiny mod last year, so the additions might perhaps be something to look into if you will.

So far, very enjoyable, mostly friendly on the performance, aesthetically appealing and just 'feels' so nice with the occasional background sounds, not sure if the latter is specifically your mod or standard, but it is positive. Excellent work so far.

Go in the sounds.xml: (example)

<snip>

This makes me want to play around with upping all the gun range/noise factors by like 500%, just to see what happens. I kinda like the idea of being nervous of using firearms for fear of attracting All Of The Attention.

(Neelix, sorry I've been sidetracked on your sinks)

As an aside, in reference to Dragontear's comment: I too found it interesting and odd, that although the splash page of the mod suggests one avoid towns until one is ready for a serious fight, I have found towns to be the much safer place to be. Breaking into POIs certainly holds some added danger, with higher spawning of nastier enemies, but the total number of zombies one has to deal with at any one time is lower, and unlike the wilderness it is meaningfully possible to kill them -all-. To kill everything currently targeting you and be done, and have the ability to take a moment to rest, to regain stamina, to gather some materials, to do a bit of crafting or building. Something that I found myself incapable of doing out in the wild.

The whole thing creates for me an unrelenting pressure to make it to town. Because at the town, I will be safe. Towns have loot in abundance and once I have managed to make a stand against the horde of wilderness zombies that followed me -to- town, along with a few sleepers I accidentally awaken from buildings I cut too close to, things will be silent. Then I can relax and take on new pois on my own terms, in a methodical fashion, without the constant frenetic pressure the wilderness creates.

@Tin ; Just wanted to send goodwill, and much praise for this! Haven't played the game for a while so if I'm incorrect about anything, my bad, quick go at 'vanilla' but have been playing Comsen Holiday mod for a week, moving onto this now. Always playing on 25% Loot and 30 minute days, but playing this with 50% loot and 40 minute days.

Long-winded thoughts below.

Been thinking of doing some form of Rwgmixer/mod akin to game called 'Darkwood', in a way; mostly dense pine-forests with numerous sub-biomes, abandoned small towns/villages and a large central city, spawning in a bedraggled 'hideout' structure. But playing through this, seems to be more or less what I was aiming for anyway. =D

I will first admit to tinkering with the sight-range (to 100ish) and view-angle (to 90/45 degree) somewhat as I found being 'Hunted' constantly in the wilderness to be... not sure what the wording would be, 'stressful' or something, wanted to be able to wander outside of populated areas somewhat quietly. Haven't re-tinkered with it since the most recent update while in a town.

I guess that feeling came about because the first play-through began in a snow biome, rapidly followed by so many zombies spawning well outside of actual rendering range, that by night-time, stuck out in the middle of nowhere... suffice to say, wasn't too keen sadly. Second play-through, spawned in a forest, camped out by a small lake first night (fighting off some varied zeds, mostly 'Fodders' and a few 'Ferals') and second day... found an actual, abandoned town, have been there since for about 16 days in total.

The very first structure (white wood abode) generated is amusingly one of the most secure ones, in the far corner of the abandoned town, next to a water tower and a Trader literally across the road, so it has ease of access to water, trading and wilderness for wood/hunting.

The spawning feels odd, but in a curious way; relatively few undead randomly roaming the streets, but lots of Sleepers, resulting in a strangely quite walk-about where moving from one end of the town to the other is perhaps easier than going in the wilderness, which might be due to the buildings blocking line of sight, but exploring even the abandoned or damaged structures suddenly becomes very dangerous given the number of Sleepers and their upped awareness and where they might spawn (a large pawn-broker's had some... nasty spawn-locations, later becoming the one-time night-7 fort), occasionally a random street-walker will take interest.

Progress is slow but compelling - I tended to take the Nomadic playstyle, so hesitated to put down roots so swiftly, thinking that I'd actually find the 'idea' place then do so, but even in a ruined town, there's enough loot and supplies to go for a while.

To wit with praise; If I may say so, the natural areas look so much better than in the un-modded rwgmixer; feels 'rich' in detail and more interesting, while somehow not being too hard on the graphics card (multiple year-old GTX 550 ti), same with the urban area though there is a little slow-down, more-so with torches but that is also the usual for this game. The altered and new poi's add a lot of... well, interest, with much more elevation and variety in the terrain, lots of minor poi's including surface/exposed little caves, small/large ponds, spooky-tree groups, coffin/dug-graves, rock/bush groupings, small stone-hillocks and standard poi's with wooden spikes and such makes everything feel more fleshed out. In addition, the 'haze' effect is very aesthetically appealing, and the weather system, I like it - seems to lean towards the cooler side, had only one short bout of snow and not much rain, but some foggy days/nights, over-cast seems more common place. Natural animal spawns feel like just enough, might desire more rabbits, make the area seem more alive given their more subtle visuals.

The occasional group of animals turning up is nice, though had some wild boar and a deer invite themselves into a laundromat while I was inside and began to wreck the place, oh well.

Vultures are actually a welcomed sight - so many feathers, woot, and also they do seem more aggressive, particularly as part of a wandering horde, more-so when they park at my temporary home while I'm scavenging. I don't remember seeing a zombie-dog yet, though have spotted some normal, can't-be-bothered bears, keeping well away from them, and saw/killed some wolfies and boars.

If I may throw some opinions in, based upon current play so not too in-depth; Perhaps move some mobile wilderness spawns over to town spawns, may be due to the increased sight-range, even with personal tweaks, seems more confrontation out in the woods than in a old town. The grass/rubbish and bushes littering the town-streets is nice, but the actual streets feel a little bare without larger objects like cars, would it be possible to add them? I've had a little experience messing around and optimizing the rwg mixer a while ago; reducing grass/similar blocks to 1/4 amount for better frames per second, adding the 'ruined/burnt' small-buildings, cars and loot-able-bodies (suitcase loot-table) to wilderness and such in a tiny mod last year, so the additions might perhaps be something to look into if you will.

So far, very enjoyable, mostly friendly on the performance, aesthetically appealing and just 'feels' so nice with the occasional background sounds, not sure if the latter is specifically your mod or standard, but it is positive. Excellent work so far.

Thanks for the detailed critique really appreciate it!

If you want to lessen the wilderness spawns down you can lower the maxcount of all the 2's in the spawning.xml and that should lighten that up. Unfortunately as far as the towns/cities go we no longer have the control of just adding mobile zeds right to the hubs anymore, so I added more to the poi's themselves to try and increase the population. It is what it is atm till they allow us to just add zeds wandering around them. :(

The other way to get more zeds in the city/towns is also cranking up the biome spawns but I think I have them more than enough or else you would always be bumping into them (even more than now) out in the wilds.

I can make a (kinda/sorta) central city but it's really random on how big it would be depending on the terrain and how it generated. The terrain gen has all the control with this iteration. So if 'It' wanted to place a lake or mountain it would, even if I said for there to be a central hub. Maybe down the road I'll be able to have enough control in that regards but as of right now we just don't have the tools yet to do so.

The zombie dogs have been relegated to just being in the wastelands atm (well my version of the wasteland ;)). It will probably change as time goes on though.

Yeah, I tried pretty hard to make the game able to run on older systems while also trying to increase the visual appeal and increasing the zeds. Glad it's working ok with what you have and makes me happy to read it and that my efforts didn't go to waste. :)

Right now I'm in a state of flux knowing that systems are totally being redone. So trying to make improvements here and there is somewhat difficult knowing that 'I' want to do a lot of things but I also don't want to waste my time doing so in the process and needing to scrap a lot of stuff. So I'm trying really hard not to touch areas that are going to be revamped in the future so it can be a smoother transition when A17 drops.

Some things are still the work though and I hope to get them out in the near future.

Peace out and don't hesitate to drop more suggestions. I may not do all of them or be able to do them all but I like reading what ppl come up with. :)

As an aside, in reference to Dragontear's comment: I too found it interesting and odd, that although the splash page of the mod suggests one avoid towns until one is ready for a serious fight, I have found towns to be the much safer place to be. Breaking into POIs certainly holds some added danger, with higher spawning of nastier enemies, but the total number of zombies one has to deal with at any one time is lower, and unlike the wilderness it is meaningfully possible to kill them -all-. To kill everything currently targeting you and be done, and have the ability to take a moment to rest, to regain stamina, to gather some materials, to do a bit of crafting or building. Something that I found myself incapable of doing out in the wild.

The whole thing creates for me an unrelenting pressure to make it to town. Because at the town, I will be safe. Towns have loot in abundance and once I have managed to make a stand against the horde of wilderness zombies that followed me -to- town, along with a few sleepers I accidentally awaken from buildings I cut too close to, things will be silent. Then I can relax and take on new pois on my own terms, in a methodical fashion, without the constant frenetic pressure the wilderness creates.

hehe I move slow when playing. So instead of running at the get go when I see my first zeds I take the time to wipe them out of the area I'm in. This gives me time to take a breather before moving out further. It generally takes me day's to make it to a town (depending on where i get placed that is). Even when I get to a town I make a shelter on the outskirts before diving in.

So a "Slow down and smell the roses" and lots of walking approach for me and I tend to not really feel the rush or pinch of seeing zeds constantly stream in.

I think if ppl slow down a touch more and ease out from the starting zone they will have a better go at it imo and wouldn't always feel the constant tension as much till they hit their first poi. I like to nomad around then find a spot to set up shop for awhile then nomad around some more and build multiple outposts.

*This is just how I play and in no way am I telling anyone what they should do or how to play*

just giving insight on how I play is all ;)

This makes me want to play around with upping all the gun range/noise factors by like 500%, just to see what happens. I kinda like the idea of being nervous of using firearms for fear of attracting All Of The Attention.

(Neelix, sorry I've been sidetracked on your sinks)

Yeah I'm experimenting with the sounds but more so to check the zeds pathing... so far their pathing is pretty good.

The pathing is definitely the high point of the mod for me. Though the biomes are pretty nifty too.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it mainly the sightrange, sightscale and field of view you've messed around with to give them better pathing?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, vis a vis spawning: Is there any way to make -roads- spawn? I am uncertain how roads are handled under the hood, but I seem to remember them not really being a proper POI so I imagine not. But since you have succeeded at messing about with biomes to the degree you have, and I -think- roads are covered in the rwgmixer, I am curious if making them spawn points for zeds would work. That would increase the town population notably...

Archived