A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

CLIENT / SERVER 16.0.0.27

Multiple Tweaks and Fixes

• Changed rubber recipe to use scrapRubber
  • Removed brokenGlass recipe from forge
  • MacheteBlade weight incorrect so scraping for 90% loss.
  • Increased scrapIron requirement to make emptycan on lathe to fix exploit.
  • Added repair xml code to steelBars
  • Very slight increase to gauges in loot
  • Slight increase to chance of finding a snake item, as vanilla snakes dont drop this.
  • Icons for chains, goulash and pizza
  • Reduced number of Cops in all hordes by 25%
  • Fixed many localization workstation entries
  • Reduced the amount of zinc needed to make brass from 5 to 2.
  • Multiple minor fixes.

For people playing on official servers, updates are being applied in the meanwhile.

Whats the wait for the dedicated files for us self hosters?

Thank you for your answer!

I have no idea, it is not the first 7Days server that I use with mods.

The installation of the Vanilla server works fine, i download this server files:

https://github.com/StarvationTeam/StarvationServer

And copy the dirs from the zip:

/7DaysToDieServer_Data

/Data

/Mods

to the same server dirs and overwrite existing files.

Is EAC off in the serverconfig?

To update do just the servers needed to be updated, or do all players need to update as well?

These changed for look like we need to start new game... They don't, correct?

Yes, localization changed so the needs to be a local update. None of the changes should require a new start.

- - - Updated - - -

Is machete creating working? I have a blade, but can't make a full machete.

I'm told auto quests are still not fixed so that fix was pushed to next update, sorry.

No worry. If someone has all the parts and the perk, I can spawn one in for them.

BTW, there a nasty bug swapping chest parts like the hazmat chest.. if you don't manually remove and replace the part, to loose whatever was being worn in the quick swap. I replaced lost parts, but it doesn't look like I can spawn in steel chest armor (I'm using rat as the server manager.)

Question on gas pipe lines. On our server we can not get them to work past a corner or elbow. We use gas valves every 7-8 blocks and have had no luck getting the fire traps to work on anything other then a straight line. I have been trying to find information and have watched Mortelentus's videos where it seems they do function with elbows, but not for us. Is there a trick or a certain pattern to setting up a good line?

Also on his video i see where his gas valves look proportional to his line to where ours have this empty sided block look that does not line up or snap correctly, could that be our issue?

Does anyone know where or how to get the weapon training quests? I have searched a ton of my map and visited countless POIs but I haven't found an NPC to grant me the quests. I even tried using the command console to give myself the first quest in each series, but I get an error saying the quest can't be found.

I tried adding via the quest ID (so running "givequest Q_WBL" for blunt weapons training 1) and that didn't work, so I tried editing the XML a bit to match some of the vanilla quests (adding a name_key attribute) but that didn't work either (I later discovered name_key is just a lookup key into the localization file). I'd love to do these quests properly, but I can't find the quest giver and I can't even give myself the quest. Is this a known issue?

I also can't find Michonne anywhere, despite having found 3 Pacco's churches. Is only 1 Michonne spawned per map? Is there any way to find out where she is?

Thanks!

Edited by dealmaster (see edit history)

We have a few questions about running a multiplayer server and starvation.

We are up to day 122+, and something we are finding is if a player is on and all the others are off, their generators for fridges to prevent spoilage run out of gas. Its unreasonable to expect someone to go to everyone's base and fill their fridge generators, and storing everything in campfires makes the fridge worthless to craft.

Is there some solution to this for multiplayer?

We are using rat to run the server, but some items are not on the list to spawn in. If someone looses something because of a game bug or glitch, I'm happy to spawn them a replacement item in, but of course can't. (Specifically, the steel armor parts and the advanced crossbow) is there some way to spawn them in for people? (I'll ask this in the rat thread as well.)

Last question: if people are using the launcher to run the mod and then connect to the server, will their mod auto update, or do they have to update it manually? My concern is when to update the server with the new release and them not being about to connect.

If they have the last version of starvation and the server has the new version, since its running the show will they experience the update changes, or do they all need to update manually?

Starvation is a breath of fresh air for 7 Days, and we are loving all the additions to the game.

Thanks SO much from all of us to the mod team!

We are up to day 122+, and something we are finding is if a player is on and all the others are off, their generators for fridges to prevent spoilage run out of gas. Its unreasonable to expect someone to go to everyone's base and fill their fridge generators, and storing everything in campfires makes the fridge worthless to craft.

Build Farm Storage boxes and cover them with snowballs to make a cold storage solution that does not use power.

Build the box, have a few hundred snowballs in your inv. right-click with a hammer or axe on box to upgrade it.

We are using rat to run the server, but some items are not on the list to spawn in. If someone looses something because of a game bug or glitch, I'm happy to spawn them a replacement item in, but of course can't. (Specifically, the steel armor parts and the advanced crossbow) is there some way to spawn them in for people? (I'll ask this in the rat thread as well.)

Last question: if people are using the launcher to run the mod and then connect to the server, will their mod auto update, or do they have to update it manually? My concern is when to update the server with the new release and them not being about to connect.

If they have the last version of starvation and the server has the new version, since its running the show will they experience the update changes, or do they all need to update manually?

Starvation is a breath of fresh air for 7 Days, and we are loving all the additions to the game.

Thanks SO much from all of us to the mod team!

Yes, the launcher will auto update the clients.

Hi, I'm playing with the most recent version of Starvation and I found this weird forge bug on version 16.0.0.27. It has happened to me twice now where the iron count in the forge has a number but when I try to make something the ingredients list shows 0 iron. Melting iron again increases the iron count in the forge UI but I cannot make anything even though there is iron. It might be coincidence but this occurred after I tried melting down tools, eg the pickaxe and farming hoe, closed the forge ui and then reopened the forge UI. I already have an anvil in there. Any ideas? Note - No other mods except starvation mod and I'm using the 7d2d launcher.