A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

What's up Starvation? Hey I need some help. Have played this several times before and loved it. Loving the latest version even more and so I am trying to find the Rad zone and am driving around like a fool and cannot find it. Any hints? BTW I am using a random gen version so I know the answer is not clear cut but any hints would be appreciated.

Good question. Hadn't thought about it...as I'm currently maxing out on my own random gen and was about to start working on getting my rad gear.

I'm not actually sure if there is a redzone in random gen. The map may be infinite. I don't know for sure though

That would mean things have changed since I last played. It was my understanding that Starvation was created to be played on Random Gen and was based a lot off of the rad zone. I have a lot vested in the game so far and hope that is not correct. I just received the mission from the doctor to go to the rad zone and kill another doctor???? So am pretty sure there is a rad zone but thank you for responding. Can anyone else help?

That would mean things have changed since I last played. It was my understanding that Starvation was created to be played on Random Gen and was based a lot off of the rad zone. I have a lot vested in the game so far and hope that is not correct. I just received the mission from the doctor to go to the rad zone and kill another doctor???? So am pretty sure there is a rad zone but thank you for responding. Can anyone else help?

At work for the night. So for now, just spawn in and hit f1, enter DM and enter. Close that menu and go to your map, scroll far away from spawn, and ctrl right click to teleport to mouse location. Keep doing that until you can find the rad zone, or find out if there is one. You can also check the coordinates on the map, and by setting a waypoint on your home to find out the distance from your character to the waypoint.

There should be, since the mod is designed for random gen... but random gen on the PC is seemingly limitless as opposed to the size in console. There must be a radzone though. I just haven't run into it yet on my current playthrough.

That is great. Ok now I need a little more help. I found 2 nuclear plants and put 5 steel rings and 7 enriched uranium into each core (the things submerged in the water). I did that at 2 separate (so 4 cores) power plants. Its been at least 3 in game days and no plutonium. Am i looking in the wrong spot (the cores submerged in water) or what? Could really use the help. trying to enjoy my holiday off. :)

I wish i could help you there, I've never worked with the nuke plant like that, my room mates always did that. I do recall last time one of them tried working with it, it wasn't working properly.

If you are needing the plant running to make depleted bullets, you can also place a small generator and hook it up to the relays at the work benches. the small gen doesnt need an land claim block to pick it up.

Thanks for the help Purg.

So I just made it to the rad zone for the first time on this game. I have a beast of a computer 2 1080 TI's 64 gig ram and so on. The rad zone stutters so much its almost unplayable. Anyone have some pointers. I love the rad zone but this makes it really difficult.

Thanks for the help Purg.

So I just made it to the rad zone for the first time on this game. I have a beast of a computer 2 1080 TI's 64 gig ram and so on. The rad zone stutters so much its almost unplayable. Anyone have some pointers. I love the rad zone but this makes it really difficult.

I think the stutter in the rad zone is a vanilla game problem, I think its related to how far from 0,0 you are, so there not much to do about it, but I think I read in the developper diary of Alpha 17, that in alpha 17 you will become 0,0, so it might greatly help with the stutter, but once alpha 17 come it will probably take a long time before starvation get updated to alpha 17, since a lot will be changed. Lowering the video setting seem to help a little, but I doubt you can get rid of the stutter.

That is great. Ok now I need a little more help. I found 2 nuclear plants and put 5 steel rings and 7 enriched uranium into each core (the things submerged in the water). I did that at 2 separate (so 4 cores) power plants. Its been at least 3 in game days and no plutonium. Am i looking in the wrong spot (the cores submerged in water) or what? Could really use the help. trying to enjoy my holiday off. :)

There are two blue turbines between the reactor building and the cooling towers. The reactors will stop their current task, if you leave the game.

For the rad zone performance really try fiddling with your settings like PurgatoryWolf suggested.

Are you on singleplayer?

I think the stutter in the rad zone is a vanilla game problem, I think its related to how far from 0,0 you are, so there not much to do about it, but I think I read in the developper diary of Alpha 17, that in alpha 17 you will become 0,0, so it might greatly help with the stutter, but once alpha 17 come it will probably take a long time before starvation get updated to alpha 17, since a lot will be changed. Lowering the video setting seem to help a little, but I doubt you can get rid of the stutter.

If you are 0,0 wouldnt that really screw up the coordinates system?

If you are 0,0 wouldnt that really screw up the coordinates system?

Nah, that's not anything I'd be worried about. I haven't read anything about how the fun pimps are going to attempt this, but I know a thing or two about coordinate systems. You can have as many coordinate systems of a place as you can have maps of a place. If you know the coordinates of points in two coordinate systems (minimum three for real world, in a computer game probably less) you can interpolate all the points you know on one map to the other.

Hmmm, now I'm really interested what the fun pimps said they would be doing.

...but I think I read in the developper diary of Alpha 17, that in alpha 17 you will become 0,0

If you still have that link, I'd love if you could share it.

Nah, that's not anything I'd be worried about. I haven't read anything about how the fun pimps are going to attempt this, but I know a thing or two about coordinate systems. You can have as many coordinate systems of a place as you can have maps of a place. If you know the coordinates of points in two coordinate systems (minimum three for real world, in a computer game probably less) you can interpolate all the points you know on one map to the other.

Hmmm, now I'm really interested what the fun pimps said they would be doing.

If you still have that link, I'd love if you could share it.

I'm pretty sure when one of the dev said that he didn't mean that we on the map would be 0,0 and every coordinate would be based on that, that just the way he tried to explain the change.

Its mentioned in the developer Diary: Alpha 17 on the first page

In the section "A17 Changes and Fixes List:"

What I said is related to where it say

- "Added Dynamic Origin Point to prevent the shakes when far away from actual (0,0). 2/11/18".

I don't know a huge amount about programming, but my interpretation of that change was that it would help with the stutter from the rad zones since its far away from 0,0 .

there was a post from a dev somewhere in the topic but its somewhere in the last 300 page a least, so it might be a bit difficult to find, because i'm bad at using the search fonction I tend to always fail to find what I want.

There is also the statement:

- Micro-stuttering caused by UFPS camera and garbage collection has been fixed 4/24/18

that will probably also help with the stutter.

Edited by Destro (see edit history)

Hello, I was looking on an update on farm storage its a bit tough to get through all the posts to find out if its something thats now permanent that it no longer stays frozen? It literally melts like after a few hours and its not really beneficial any more while we are working towards gas and stuff - is the only way to keep things from spoiling to only use the fridge now? i guess im confused on how its supposed to work now and any help would be great it was a favorite of mine! :) thanks so much!

I'm pretty sure when one of the dev said that he didn't mean that we on the map would be 0,0 and every coordinate would be based on that, that just the way he tried to explain the change.

Its mentioned in the developer Diary: Alpha 17 on the first page

In the section "A17 Changes and Fixes List:"

What I said is related to where it say

- "Added Dynamic Origin Point to prevent the shakes when far away from actual (0,0). 2/11/18".

I don't know a huge amount about programming, but my interpretation of that change was that it would help with the stutter from the rad zones since its far away from 0,0 .

there was a post from a dev somewhere in the topic but its somewhere in the last 300 page a least, so it might be a bit difficult to find, because i'm bad at using the search fonction I tend to always fail to find what I want.

There is also the statement:

- Micro-stuttering caused by UFPS camera and garbage collection has been fixed 4/24/18

that will probably also help with the stutter.

The forum tagged the posting as read on its own, so I missed your reply. Sorry! Yeah, I was afraid the answer would be something like that. I had a look at the thread but after browsing a few dozen pages I gave up lol. Guess I'll just wait and see how it looks in A17.

Thanks for checking.

I have a quick question. I love Starvation just as it is, but I want to install another copy on my machine. I want to keep everything just as is with the exception of wanting to do away with enemy animals. I am doing this for a couple of younger kids who want to play. I figure leave in the zeds, food spoilage, taming, etc... but cut them a break by removing enemy animals. Anyone know a quick, easy way to do that?

Best thing would be to find them in the entitygroups.xml and remove their entries there, rather than doing it via entityclasses.xml. That way you can turn them off with much less risk of running into nullrefs and things :)

Quick question: I used the launcher to install this mod, and chose to copy into a separate folder so Vanilla was not affected. With A17 coming, does this mean that I can still play Starvation under 16.4 build and also play vanilla A17? If not, does it mean we have to wait for a new version of starvation after the A17 launch?