Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

That motorized cart really should be considered! Also, we have minibikes and blade traps so a weaponized riding lawnmower (or its bigger cousin the combine) needs to happen.

The current state of motorized travel is a tragedy. Hit a boar straight on yesterday and came to an abrupt stop. Either I should have flown over the handlebars or I should have had pork for dinner. Why on Earth were minibikes damaging entities changed?

This makes me remember of snow cleaning trains, instead the spiral we attach a blade trap. But on a cart.

TFP - can you expose more data points please? for example, things like:

- What I killed (animals, zombie types, cactus, tree, etc.)

- what killed me

- how I was killed - Example - Quicken was shot in the neck by Roland using a wooden bow from 50 meters and bled out/died/suffocated.

- elements - Quicken died of Cold/drowning/heat exposure, ran into a tree

it would be great to have overall stats/lead board abilities for in-game usage that I can reset on fresh wipes.

Stats drive playing time and make the game fun, like "Look Roland got killed by a snake while chasing a chicken" you get the idea.

This makes me remember of snow cleaning trains, instead the spiral we attach a blade trap. But on a cart.

Have the model move the motor to inside the basket of the cart. Then can attach a blade trap to the crank shaft. :-D

Suddenly Guppy's Race Track becomes a Mario Cart game. lol.

So Madmole? Let's see how them thar new physics REALLY work. :-D

Using SSE2+ already uses the registers which are capable of 64 bit so the instruction set would remain almost identical to that sense. The problem is the rendering as it only accepts floats for its positions. The typical way of avoiding this is called origin rebasing which isn't that hard to implement especially on a system using voxels however there can be other pitfalls such as physics simulation.

Anyway the cube sorting shouldn't harm the server that much, you can just queue the sorting in a thread and push the data out once its ready.

I take it rebuilding the coordinate system would effect things like lighting and shading and that performance and capability is dependent on graphics hardware.

I am undoubtably wrong but i didnt think in general low and mid end gfx cards performance of 64bit floats was great and trying to keep min requirements with the best performance is a major concern.

Have the model move the motor to inside the basket of the cart. Then can attach a blade trap to the crank shaft. :-D

Suddenly Guppy's Race Track becomes a Mario Cart game. lol.

So Madmole? Let's see how them thar new physics REALLY work. :-D

Indeed !

TFP can implement "Pimp my trolley" system . But yeah, its out of this world. Maybe modders could help in future.

Stats drive playing time and make the game fun, like "Look Roland got killed by a snake while chasing a chicken" you get the idea.

Response 1: I knew I should have set my Steam settings to not viewable...

Response 2: Your Mamma got killed by a snake while chasing a chicken!

Response 3: Snakes...Why'd it have to be snakes...I hate snakes...

Response 4: True Story!

Response 5: That never happened!!!!

Response 6: Well....you got a hold of your snake to choke your chicken!

Response 7: So many Snake - Chicken - Roland triangle deaths....

LOL! - Someone has more time on his hands than I do :)

Too much choice to choose from.

Please implement PRNG to select one for me, i like the feature that i dont get the same answer as everyone else but dont trust myself to choose the correct one.

LOL..nice!!

Made a prefab/POI that I would like to see on the outskirts of a city or town...I call it LAST STAND

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198010851616/screenshots/

MTFGA

Too much choice to choose from.

Please implement PRNG to select one for me, i like the feature that i dont get the same answer as everyone else but dont trust myself to choose the correct one.

Yours is number 6 you naughty boy. You're risking blindness you know... ;)

Here's one thing I'd like that would make the gameplay of 7DtD way more interesting to me: make infection incurable. As a game option, of course. Honey and antibiotics could delay the inevitable, fight the symptoms, or just be completely ineffective -- in fact, the option could be a drop box on what's the effect of honey and antibiotics.

Not only that would be more "in lore", but I think it would greatly improve late game gameplay.

Should I post this on the feature request forum? Roland, would you mind moving it, if appropriate?

Here's one thing I'd like that would make the gameplay of 7DtD way more interesting to me: make infection incurable. As a game option, of course. Honey and antibiotics could delay the inevitable, fight the symptoms, or just be completely ineffective -- in fact, the option could be a drop box on what's the effect of honey and antibiotics.

Not only that would be more "in lore", but I think it would greatly improve late game gameplay.

Should I post this on the feature request forum? Roland, would you mind moving it, if appropriate?

So brought that up as my Z Nation "Murphy" affect - you can get something that makes you immune from Zombies OR slowly turns you into one. you get a game counter and hell or high water you need to go on a scavenger hunt looking for a cure.

I'll just add this comment as I've done before... Simply because I'm adamant that people understand the issues they are coursing:

In this A17 developer diary, Madmole has stopped adding things to come on release.

The reason for this was, that people just cant understand that we are in alpha, and that EVERYTHING even patch notes, are subject to change... All the time...

So when you write your post, with the "feel" that you were "promised" zip-lines when you were NEVER! promised this...

Just know that you are one of the reasons, that we no longer get these patch notes...

Good job haters... Good job....

What a dishonest person. Point out where I said zips were 'promised.'

LOL..nice!!

Made a prefab/POI that I would like to see on the outskirts of a city or town...I call it LAST STAND

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198010851616/screenshots/

MTFGA

I'm wondering how TFP is going to handle vehicles as decor going forward.

Obviously there's a lot in the works regarding vehicles. Though in I think Madmole's latest video, he was talking about the new trader base with the buses and cars as a wall. He mentioned that the school bus may actually be implemented as a Prefab with a few blocks used to create the bus.

I'm hoping that gets shot down. Vehicle Prefabs are always going to look... Meh. Largely due to the process of meshing together the various blocks that would make up a vehicle. They look... Like Minecraft made vehicles. And the imersion factor that Madmole keeps driving us to seems to be at odds with vehicles that look like they're made by blocks.

I'm hoping more vehicles are added by modelling. They'll just look way better. :-/

I'm wondering how TFP is going to handle vehicles as decor going forward.

Obviously there's a lot in the works regarding vehicles. Though in I think Madmole's latest video, he was talking about the new trader base with the buses and cars as a wall. He mentioned that the school bus may actually be implemented as a Prefab with a few blocks used to create the bus.

I'm hoping that gets shot down. Vehicle Prefabs are always going to look... Meh. Largely due to the process of meshing together the various blocks that would make up a vehicle. They look... Like Minecraft made vehicles. And the imersion factor that Madmole keeps driving us to seems to be at odds with vehicles that look like they're made by blocks.

I'm hoping more vehicles are added by modelling. They'll just look way better. :-/

How you feeling Jackel? Any better?

Agreed...with your statement...Would like a few more blocks to add to the prefab/modding experience.

Some building blocks to smooth over vehicles are definitely needed! OR larger models for trucks and buses.

Ouch

MTFGA

Pretty sure this is where this is going....

article-2375282-1AF424BF000005DC-157_634x796.jpg

The more I look at this the more I think our mini bike should be converted into this... I'm in love with this shopping cart.

Then get Guppy's Race track added to the game and we can race our shopping carts.

Lol! That looks very ugly, but at the same time it's funny! xD

Archived