Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I'm pretty sure the main use for the dungeon POIs will be Navezgane, where there will be a story with quests, so one can start the game, play through it to reach the goals, and have an end game, and then forget 7 Days to Die and never play it again.

That's part of the public of the game, a public that isn't here yet because there's no such game yet, and would not be in this forum anyway.

So while it's "one-shotness" seems wasteful to us, it's useful to the game being created. If anything, I think TFP has catered to us too much, relative to the single player "adventure" mode.

And I, for one, enjoy the hell out of doing these "dungeons" for the first time. As well as I enjoy the ability to break/build my way to loot rooms when I'm in a hurry.

Digging zombies (all crawling zombies should have a chance to hit downward), wheelchair zombies(great eyesight but terrible mobility).

You could also make high tier dungeons out of the cop buildings. Throw in some steel reinforced concrete etc or even some bedrock to force people to clear certain rooms. The nuclear bunker could also be dungeon-afied imo.

Well I disagree on this in some way. "Wasteland" and "Burnt Forest" biomes, What incentive does anyone have to even go to them atm? None.. well other than too see if you can thrive in them. Especially when other biomes will provide you the same stuff like you're saying. Why even have them in the game then? Gotta give ppl something, a reason for even going in them. which is why I agree with MM about having "Legendary" items and whatnot. The greater the risk, The potential for greater rewards.

I go into the burned biome for the free fertilizer early on. plus fast wrench finding

As soon as i can build trap doors in Prefabs (Door close as soon as a player go through) prepare for evil Bunker Prefabs under lakes

Can’t you use the Breakaway boards? I’m not a prefab builder but I love the idea of unexpectedly dropping through the floor into the water.

Never mind. I just re read your post and realize I interpreted trap doors wrong.

-Pip

Can’t you use the Breakaway boards? I’m not a prefab builder but I love the idea of unexpectedly dropping through the floor into the water.

-Pip

...Partially

The evil Prefab i imagine would be unfair if it is no "Decision" of the player to enter the lower floor.

But..... now i think, a breaking floor direct behind that door ^^ hmmm

I go into the burned biome for the free fertilizer early on. plus fast wrench finding

bah, I still don't think the small oil shale nodes and fertilizer are near enough of an incentive, even if you know what you are doing and looking for. The other biomes you'll get everything you need plus without all the other hassles... well a vanilla game that is. Hope it changes some so those biomes are a necessity to actively enter and stay awhile.

bah, I still don't think the small oil shale nodes and fertilizer are near enough of an incentive, even if you know what you are doing and looking for. The other biomes you'll get everything you need plus without all the other hassles... well a vanilla game that is. Hope it changes some so those biomes are a necessity to actively enter and stay awhile.

Agreed, all biomes should have a game play hook that make them worth visiting or setting up a satellite base etc.

Agreed, all biomes should have a game play hook that make them worth visiting or setting up a satellite base etc.

Desert = Yucca, Aloe, Oil Shale,Sand and fast Digging (good for large Bases)

Snow Biome = Lumberjack Zombies, Snow, easy to find Bird nests, realy nice athmosphere

Green Biomes = Clay

Thats all i have in mind this moment.

No reason to visit the rest^^

well, it would be nice to see the new ones interspersed between many mostly empty abandoned or neglected houses. Basically the cluttered ones are filled with stuff from the neighbors to make the barricades and such.

yes!

Really liking the new developments in the latest video. I can't wait to go exploring Navesgane again with the new content. The little finishing touches here and there like the crown moulding make such a big difference to the look imo.

I think a cool change would be to make prefabs harder to break into, or at least the outer walls and doors. Or maybe just harder to break into with a stone axe. that way it would force us to find the pre determined way in. Instead of just breaking through the front door in seconds. There could maybe be a perk that allows breaking into building easier so you don't have to do it through the entire game, but i think being forced early on would be cool.

Thanks for the continued awesome work and for taking the time to make the update video. It is appreciated :)

lol, the 300,000 gas was incentive enough for me...but then again I think I was the only one who went there to grab the shale so I pretty much got it all myself. I have never gotten any fertilizer...will have to have a go at that sometime.

Archived