Prefab Editor (Alpha)

Pille

Now yer just being difficult. :-p lol

I'm sure you'll find something dastardly delightful. :D

Ok, I have a solution. Place a trap block (e.g. looseBoardsTrapBlock1x1, id 593) between the instable structure and the sleeper. The trap will break as soon as the sleeper spawns no matter whether he is active or not. This will cause a stability recalculation of the unstable structure and a collapse:

3qlFLCh.jpg

Basically, this means we can create completely invisble deathtraps thanks to the sleeper spawning system.^^

Edited by Pille (see edit history)

Ok, I have a solution. Place a trap block (e.g. looseBoardsTrapBlock1x1, id 593) between the instable structure and the sleeper. The trap will break as soon as the sleeper spawns no matter whether he is active or not. This will cause a stability recalculation of the unstable structure and a collapse:

3qlFLCh.jpg

Basically, this means we can create completely invisble deathtraps thanks to the sleeper spawning system.^^

Nice! I have to test that out. Will the sleeper survive that drop tho? Hehe.

Why is everybody using version 0.3? lol. I've just uploaded zombie 0.3v to the opening post. So you can directly download the latest version from there and don't have to use the auto updater. Also make sure that you have selected a SleeperVolumeGroup with emptyChance = 0:

QP88lCd.png

Hey Pille. Was just flipping through your thread. One the thing I often wished for as I set my SleeperVolumeGroups was a field that showed how many zombies potentially spawn. I believe there's an xml element or attribute in the xml theses groups come from that notes how many zombies may spawn if the volume is activated.

@Laz Man

Yes, of course. I think the sleeper is unhurt because he's sleeping during the fall. Have to do further tests.

@Jackelmyer

And does debris fall? I assume so. That's crazy. Awesome!

Sure. Debris + dreaming sleepers.^^

I believe there's an xml element or attribute in the xml theses groups come from that notes how many zombies may spawn if the volume is activated.

I just had a look at the gamestages.xml and I am not sure how this work. Can somebody help?

Update Time!

Changelog v0.3w (August 31, 2017):

- added reload function (press Ctrl + R to reload the current prefab). This should be very useful if you simultaneously edit the prefab ingame and in the editor.

- added function to change the block colors (see screenshot bellow). This may have a positive effect on the program performance.

- added option for layer reset when loading prefab.

- added option: show block info at cursor position (see screenshot bellow)

- improved feedback for certain functions (e.g. save prefab. now you can see when the save process is finished)

- removed disallowed biomes from a16 xml tab since this option no longer exists in A16

- changed layout of 'chances' label in sleepervolume list. The label was to big.

- changed and added shortcuts:

Ctrl + S -> save prefab

Ctrl + Shift + S -> save prefab as

Ctrl + X -> Cut selected blocks (copy to clipboad)

Ctrl + R -> Reload current prefab

Shift + C -> Count selected blocks (console output)

- fixed: grid doesn't update after using the replace functions

- fixed: grid doesn't update after reloading a prefab

Ak5epMw.png

If it can maintain the connection than yes that would work. Assuming if i do a saveworld command it'll save the prefab in game then I can ctrl+R to reload the changes in the editor in real time.

I just found a ftp client example in the programming library. So should be possible. I have to test it.

Update Time!

Changelog v0.3w (August 31, 2017):

- added reload function (press Ctrl + R to reload the current prefab). This should be very useful if you simultaneously edit the prefab ingame and in the editor.

- added function to change the block colors (see screenshot bellow). This may have a positive effect on the program performance.

- added option for layer reset when loading prefab.

- added option: show block info at cursor position (see screenshot bellow)

- improved feedback for certain functions (e.g. save prefab. now you can see when the save process is finished)

- removed disallowed biomes from a16 xml tab since this option no longer exists in A16

- changed layout of 'chances' label in sleepervolume list. The label was to big.

- changed and added shortcuts:

Ctrl + S -> save prefab

Ctrl + Shift + S -> save prefab as

Ctrl + X -> Cut selected blocks (copy to clipboad)

Ctrl + R -> Reload current prefab

Shift + C -> Count selected blocks (console output)

- fixed: grid doesn't update after using the replace functions

- fixed: grid doesn't update after reloading a prefab

Ak5epMw.png

You're doing some fantastic work ma friend!

Hello. How can I install the BBB commands? there's no tutorial about that...

Hi francogp,

you have to install Hal's editor dll:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?7564-Hal-s-Prefab-Editor

I just noticed the Count feature Shift + C. I was kind of hoping for a Google Sheets or Excel type function where it shows an active count of what's selected in the status bar. This works too though! Thanks again!

Yeah, I know. It's just a temporary solution. There were performance issues with big prefabs. So I decided to implement this poor solution. ^^ I'll try to find a better, more user-friendly implementation.

... every time i'm glad when i can just switch to "side view" or "front view"...

it's a simple feature but it really lacked before...

And I'm glad that you didn't ask for a 3d view. ;)

Hello. How can I install the BBB commands? there's no tutorial about that...

If you go to the start of this thread, there's a link to my Getting Started Prefabbing. In that post I created, you'll find all you need to get going with the BBB commands plus links to how to install Hals mod as well as a link to how Hal recommends creating meshes.

Hi francogp,

you have to install Hal's editor dll:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?7564-Hal-s-Prefab-Editor

Yeah, I know. It's just a temporary solution. There were performance issues with big prefabs. So I decided to implement this poor solution. ^^ I'll try to find a better, more user-friendly implementation.

And I'm glad that you don't ask for a 3d view. ;) I had tried to include various voxel engines but gave up.

3d prefab building has been talked bout previously lol a while back.

We were bugging hal for 1 hehe now I guess we should hound you now muahahahahaha :-P. But seriously how epic would it be.

Btw awesome update man

- - - Updated - - -

So far I have had no texture issues when i did some importing of prefabs.

Hey Pille,

Something I just ran into. I'm working on a very large prefab, just getting started. It's 150x150x40 (40 height).

* On level 0 on the top view, i filled it all with concrete.

* On level 1, i put down some walls and some loot crates in the very middle of the prefab.

* I then switched to front view and tried to insert 4 rows at row 0.

App crashed after about 10-15 seconds.

Was just starting out so I don't have the save, lost my work. Which isn't a big deal. Just getting started. But thought i'd mention it.

@stallionsden

So far I have had no texture issues when i did some importing of prefabs.

Yeah, I am pretty sure that bugfix is correct.

@Jackelmyer

I've just added your nice tutorial video to the opening post. :)

But thought i'd mention it.

Thanks. I know there are rare, non-reproducible random crashes. It's hard to fix but maybe some kind of autosave function would help...