Prefab Editor (Alpha)

Pille

Yes, but you can only search for block IDs atm. and there's no graphical interface.^^ Type search ID in the input field below the console (e.g. 'search 1963' to search for prefabs containing the block trim01), press the ok button and then select a directory in the appearing file dialog. Then wait a few seconds. You should get a list of prefabs (see screenshot below). I don't know if it takes prefabs in sub-directories into account but I am going to test it.

To print information about the available console commands, type 'help' in the console...

BxOVHjz.jpg

Edited by Pille (see edit history)

That's a quite pointless option. I should enable it and remove the checkbox in the option menu.^^ See comments #2 - #8:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?62501-Prefab-Editor-(Alpha)&p=626017&viewfull=1#post626017

It just changes the representation of the coordinates in the title bar and at some other places:

UydUnqf.jpg

good to know !!! thx for the Infos

i didn't know both of the functions - the block-search-function and also the meaning of the alternative coordinates (I prefer the alt. coords =ON, how iam used to it since years)

thx for the update - u have done a superb work again

enjoy ur offtime mate

(dont worry / dont hurry !!! - A17 SURELY WONT BE OUT WHEN U RETURN BACK ;) )

• 4 weeks later...

not sure if this was mentioned before or not, it would be an awesome feature to be able to see like a thumbnail of the prefab or a way to create a thumbnail. not for the game itself but to be able to see what the prefab would look like or does look like before or after editing. Hard to remember what each prefab looks like if you have 100's in your prefab folder or trying to place them in a game and cant remember which houses look like what for example.

This is something I have been wanting to see for the life of me.

Another feature that would be awesome is to be able to toggle on a light on or off

Not sure if either are possible but would be awesome if you *cough* found a way Pille :p

Adorable avatar.^^

I like the idea, shouldn't be hard to implement. ;-)

Another feature that would be awesome is to be able to toggle on a light on or off

Not sure if either are possible but would be awesome if you *cough* found a way Pille :p

Yes, you can control the lights:

1. Select the light

2. Click on the meta textfield and change the meta value to 0 (off) or 2 (on)

That's counterintuitive, I know.

aSavmH9.jpg

Adorable avatar.^^

I like the idea, shouldn't be hard to implement. ;-)

Yes, you can control the lights:

1. Select the light

2. Click on the meta textfield and change the meta value to 0 (off) or 2 (on)

That's counterintuitive, I know.

aSavmH9.jpg

Any chance that could be done in game while standing in front of the light you want on or.

And hey ya pille how ya been

Any chance that could be done in game while standing in front of the light you want on or.

That's already implemented in the ingame editor, no reason to reimplement the exactly identical feature. ;)

And hey ya pille how ya been

I am not getting younger. :D What about you? How are you?

That's already implemented in the ingame editor, no reason to reimplement the exactly identical feature. ;)

I am not getting younger. :D What about you? How are you?

Argh me to mate lol me to. This eternal youth has evaded me lol..... yeh I am good thanks and lol but I want a pille editor with an in game lights on and off function :-P haha nah if the in game editor does that no worries I havent touched it as yet myself

Atm. I am trying to implement all the new stuff. This will take a while though. Here is a preview (check box to switch lights on and ofd confirmed^^):

Jj2rMpO.jpg

Looks like they have removed the decals from the prefabs (So I am going to remove the decal and meta2 gui elements...). The rwg is still able to place them though. Let me know if you find any prefabs that still have decals in A17, because that means I am wrong.^^ Btw. the new block limit is 2^15 = 32768.

--- deleted ---

(I found the answer to the question)

(I wanted to ask how difficult it would be to adapt the Editor...i thought i was original in this question... :) )

To be honest, i do not plan to hurry with the adaptation my mod. I think that A17 is a "pass-through" version, there is strongly cut out the content. I will understand/learn and prepare the basis for future affairs...

Is there anyone who thinks like that?

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

--- deleted ---

(I found the answer to the question)

(I wanted to ask how difficult it would be to adapt the Editor...i thought i was original in this question... :) )

I know:

Dear Pille,

n2n1 has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - [TOOLS] Prefab Editor (Alpha) - in the Modding Tools forum of 7 Days to Die Forums.

This thread is located at:

Here is the message that has just been posted:

How difficult it will be to rework the editor, due to the disappearance of id ?

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,

7 Days to Die Forums

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To be honest, i do not plan to hurry with the adaptation my mod. I think that A17 is a "pass-through" version, there is strongly cut out the content. I will understand/learn and prepare the basis for future affairs...

Is there anyone who thinks like that?

I heavily agree (Great minds think alike ;) ). However, I would like to have a working product by the end of the year. The Fun pimps' editor is nice but it's still more efficient to use both editors in parallel.

Here is a first attempt to make the editor compatible with A17.

A17 Test 1 - 32 Bit:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2lfchl6ycvq9e2w/Zombie_%252832_bit%2529_-_A17_-_Test1.zip/file

A17 Test 1 - 64 Bit:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/71yi8ambk9frj4y/Zombie_%252864_bit%2529_-_A17_-_Test1.zip/file

* Reading or writing of the prefab xml is not supported yet (that's why you won't see any sleeper volumes).

* Backward compatibility with A16 not implemented yet.

* New a17 features aren't supported atm.

I am working on these 3 main problems but that's quite time consuming...^^

Anyway, this release is mainly for prefabs with prefab formats 11, 12 or 13 (introduced in A17, see instructions below).

How to change the prefab format

For A16 prefabs

You have to convert and save the prefabs. This should adapt the prefab format (see first comment in blocksA16PrefabConversion.xml):

1. Start the ingame editor

2. Press F1 to open to console and enter 'prefabupdater loadxml data/config/blocksA16PrefabConversion.xml'

3. Enter 'prefabupdater createmapping NameOfYourPrefab' (NameOfYourPrefab without the file extension .tts). Warning: The built-in converter still has bugs, so this point may require some addition steps.

4. Enter 'prefab load NameOfYourPrefab'

5. Enter 'prefab save NameOfYourPrefab' and close the console pressing escape. Now my editor should be able to edit the prefab.

For A17 prefabs

Most of the A17 prefabs already are compatible but some of them use an old format. If you have troubles editing a prefab try the following commands:

1. Start the ingame editor

2. Press F1 to open to console and enter 'prefab load NameOfYourPrefab'

3. Enter 'prefab save NameOfYourPrefab' and close the console pressing escape. Now my editor should be able to edit the prefab.

Further Notes:

* I am going to simply the prefab format stuff in the next update.

* This is not an 'official' release, so the autoupdater won't work (ignore the updater if it tells you there's an update^^) and you won't find the links to this version in the op. Oh and ofc, there's no changelog but I can promise you that it feels like a whole new game (i mean editor)!

* Make a backup of your files before using this version of the editor.

* If you load and save an A17 prefab, the editor will delete all a17 features from it (e.g. light properties and sleeper properties)

Edit:

Found a serious issue and reuploaded the editor