[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

Nope just what should be leaned before what

Working on new building system. Is this all the shapes?

Block

Ramp

Inner Corner

Full Corner

100 Pillar

50 Pillar

Gable

Arrow Slit

1/2 Block

Plate

Pole

Stairs

Wedge

Wedge Tip

Pyramid

Support

I think thats all the building shapes right?

Group Work!

AppleSeed

hopSeed

aloeSeed

mushroomSeed

CarrotSeed

WheatSeed

CoffeeSeeds

StrawberrySeed

SunflowerSeed

cornSeed

potatoSeed

blueberrySeed

cottonSeed

goldenrodSeed

yuccaSeed

chrysanthemumSeed

TomatoSeed

Anyone want to take a shot at sorting these from simplest to most advanced in terms of Farming Skill required to craft them. Can be done individually or in groups. If I missed any seeds just add them in.

should probably unlock them in levels of utility, corns used in absolutely everything, medical, fuel etc, but strawberries and apples are food only then again making corn the hardest to get would really ruin a lot of things, (but can be mostly substituted with sugar cane from the wild, unless it wont be in the new version.

Food items > medical > utility + medical

Nope just what should be leaned before what

Working on new building system. Is this all the shapes?

I think thats all the building shapes right?

I cannot check now, not ingame, but I remember there is 'round corner' also. I think you better check concrete blocks, I believe they have most shapes. And if you mean it for A16, they add some more shapes and rotations I think (some corner stairs, corners for wedges, etc).

Update-

Save Game Safe

Player and Server xml update

Changed machete to only have 1 perl level

Reduced burn time for spear and javalin

Added recipes for shorts and skirts - plus action1 to learn list

Changed Tungsten trophy to iron

Alligators seem a bit too easy to kill. My archery skills aren't terrific, but a couple of arrows to the head and they are dead, this is made especially easy once you get them on a road where they seem to move at a much slower pace for much of the time required to kill them.

Alligators should be pretty fearsome creatures to confront, but at the moment, I'm hunting them over deer as I seem to find their spawns more reliable.

Ugh, my save reset on me. Level 95 :dejection:

I saw some other accounts of this happening, but the few I read happened when initially loading the game. This happened while I was playing. I left my base (one of those spa/pool buildings) in the morning, took the minibike out to look for a new town to loot, and after finding a tiny town with about 30 mobs (including ferals and cops) chilling in the very middle of town (off topic but it was a first for me), I circled back to base. When I got there, I noticed my crops / water trenches were gone, my spike pit gone, windows were back... All my other stuff was still on me, but... everything else gone. I logged out and logged back in and I was standing there in a fresh game.

Ugh, my save reset on me. Level 95 :dejection:

I saw some other accounts of this happening, but the few I read happened when initially loading the game. This happened while I was playing. I left my base (one of those spa/pool buildings) in the morning, took the minibike out to look for a new town to loot, and after finding a tiny town with about 30 mobs (including ferals and cops) chilling in the very middle of town (off topic but it was a first for me), I circled back to base. When I got there, I noticed my crops / water trenches were gone, my spike pit gone, windows were back... All my other stuff was still on me, but... everything else gone. I logged out and logged back in and I was standing there in a fresh game.

Ouch. This is exactly what happened to me about a week ago, thankfully I was only lvl 26. The chunk my base was on just reset and ate my base while I was away scavenging, relogged and was back at lvl 1 but the world was still the same, aside from my base being gone.

Not sure if this is a result of the mod or if it's just 7dtd, I've never had this happen to me in my 400 hours of vanilla 7dtd and the thought of this happening again is keeping me from starting a new world.

Group Work!

AppleSeed, hopSeed, aloeSeed, mushroomSeed, CarrotSeed, WheatSeed, CoffeeSeeds, StrawberrySeed, SunflowerSeed, cornSeed

potatoSeed, blueberrySeed, cottonSeed, goldenrodSeed, yuccaSeed, chrysanthemumSeed, TomatoSeed

Anyone want to take a shot at sorting these from simplest to most advanced in terms of Farming Skill required to craft them. Can be done individually or in groups. If I missed any seeds just add them in.

Suggestion by tier/group easiest/hardest:

CarrotSeed

PotatoSeed

TomatoSeed

YuccaSeed

ChrysanthemumSeed

SunflowerSeed

AppleSeed

CornSeed

WheatSeed

CottonSeed

StrawberrySeed

BlueberrySeed

GoldenrodSeed

AloeSeed

MushroomSeed

HopSeed

CoffeeSeeds

Grouped based on: What I believe to be ease to hard with limited knowledge of

how to plant

process of plant to produce

length of time plant to produce

plant needs

things that can go wrong (weak plants vs hearty plants)

Things not considered:

item usefulness in game

Ouch. This is exactly what happened to me about a week ago, thankfully I was only lvl 26. The chunk my base was on just reset and ate my base while I was away scavenging, relogged and was back at lvl 1 but the world was still the same, aside from my base being gone.

Not sure if this is a result of the mod or if it's just 7dtd, I've never had this happen to me in my 400 hours of vanilla 7dtd and the thought of this happening again is keeping me from starting a new world.

It would be helpful if someone could alt-tab out of the game when a chunk rest happens and grab the log file BEFORE logging out and back in. This does seem to be a vanilla bug, but it may be made more frequent by all the additional SDX blocks and scripts added in this mod. Again, backup your game frequently and play on a dedicated server install if possible until the A16 version of this mod is released.

Just backup your saves in the savegame folder, put them in directories or compress them in there. I keep about 10 of them at a time for redundancy.

%AppData%\Roaming\7DaysToDie

I haven't had it happen to me in vanilla either in 2500 hours of playing.

Its def nothing do do with age of char, I have had it happen on young and old chars. But scenario seems the same, first items are missing, then when relogging, everything is wiped.

I believe it happens everywhere, all of the time (active regions of course), but of course no one is going to notice until it hits a base.

I've no evidence either way. It did seem to be noticable on a server with poorer hardware, but that could have just been coincidence.

I can't really think of a way to test it.

It will take everything in your possession, and randomly throw you to an original spawn point(Like you started a new game). I heven't got far enough to see base resets, but the bug was enough for me to set up my own dedicated server, thanks to you and another member pointing me to the correct link post yesterday to do that(took me no more than 15min). So thanks for the temp fix.

Everyone on my server just lost all of their bases. No errors or anything in the logs, but I was not present when it happened. This is multiplayer and it happened to everyone that built a base and not to people who took over a POI.

Any chunk with a base has been reset

Im loading from a backup and PRAYING that it salvages this. I wish i could be f more help but since it happened to everyone. It happened after we applied the new patch and booted the server up if that helps.

Everyone on my server just lost all of their bases. No errors or anything in the logs, but I was not present when it happened. This is multiplayer and it happened to everyone that built a base and not to people who took over a POI.

Im loading from a backup and PRAYING that it salvages this. I wish i could be f more help but since it happened to everyone. It happened after we applied the new patch and booted the server up if that helps.

It does provide a useful piece of info, in that this happen on a dedicated server finally. The good news is since the DLL used on the server is not modified by any of the new code we are using, it would seem to indicate that isn't the problem. What is strange is all that is left is some sdx code that has been unchanged in the mod since the beginning, and the rest is just basic xml files. So the bad news is there is no good clue on where to look if this is something more than vanilla instability. I asked about if bases were involved because that is where most of the SDX scripts would be running (Farming, powered work benches etc.) I have a few other ideas, but at this point there is no evidence pointing to anything in this mod.

Wow, sorry to hear about the probs, but i always take over pois and never build my own base so i guess im not much help lol. On the bright side, i think spider has finally nailed the spawning for the npcs but they are getting destroyed by the zoms. Maybe this is the way you want it spider? If so its workin well. Were on day 32 approx. on wolverines server and i havent noticed any resets, etc like the others have reported, but there are only about 4 of us playing on there so.....

It does provide a useful piece of info, in that this happen on a dedicated server finally. The good news is since the DLL used on the server is not modified by any of the new code we are using, it would seem to indicate that isn't the problem. What is strange is all that is left is some sdx code that has been unchanged in the mod since the beginning, and the rest is just basic xml files. So the bad news is there is no good clue on where to look if this is something more than vanilla instability. I asked about if bases were involved because that is where most of the SDX scripts would be running (Farming, powered work benches etc.) I have a few other ideas, but at this point there is no evidence pointing to anything in this mod.

The frequency of reports seems to indicate that the mod is doing something that makes the problem more common. Maybe upgrade paths on the blocks are going wonky over the various iterations? The client-side DLL could be de-stabilized slightly too, with all the injections.

The frequency of reports seems to indicate that the mod is doing something that makes the problem more common. Maybe upgrade paths on the blocks are going wonky over the various iterations? The client-side DLL could be de-stabilized slightly too, with all the injections.

Probably the best answer we have so far. Next version will move away from the SDX code so should be much more stable if thats contributing to the issue.

Probably the best answer we have so far. Next version will move away from the SDX code so should be much more stable if thats contributing to the issue.

I don't think its the SDX code doing it per-say. Since it has been reported elsewhere on the forums, even in vanilla, I would say there's an underlying problem that the mod is adding more pressure to. DLL change? XML changes with the blocks?

if you set a workstation down and it has certain attributes, and those attributes change, it could cause instability with the chunks.

I think Spider's plan for only releasing a stable A16 is a very good plan.

I think Jax is rolling back changes to the clients and we'll be testing to see which ones (if any... ) will restore the world.

Is your server home hosted or do you use a hosting provider? We are home hosted using a dedicated Windows R12 machine.

I will talk to people on our server to see if anyone had a player built base reset but everyone is still pretty low in rank I believe, we personally took over a POI pre-fab and its intact.

Is your server home hosted or do you use a hosting provider? We are home hosted using a dedicated Windows R12 machine.

I will talk to people on our server to see if anyone had a player built base reset but everyone is still pretty low in rank I believe, we personally took over a POI pre-fab and its intact.

We use Bluefang for the hosting. This is the first time we have seen this on any of our servers. It appears to be those who had an anvil, at least that is the one thing everyone had in their base that built and lost them. It seems the chunk that the station was in was what got "reset" to vanilla. Not for 100 percent sure but so far that is the common thread.

Archived