[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

I think the sunflowerseeds and strawberryseeds actually place down the plantedTomato block when planted according to items.xml

(no wonder strawberries were depleting fast!)

The different shutters causing an warning/notification in the server when 'nearby'

"Animator.GotoState: State could not be found

(Filename: Line: 1063)

Invalid Layer Index '-1' "

happens with both wooden shutters, and updated to scrapironshutters, they do work so it only spams the serverconsole/logs.

(and for anyone else not coming from such a harsh neighbourhood where they chopped down the appletrees when stealing apples, I made a small change in blocks. xml and copypasted some code in from the XML version , the loot id 110 needs to be adjusted accordingly in loot.xml too:) )

<block id="1666" name="appleTree">

<property name="Extends" value="treeMasterGrowing" />

<property name="Model" value="#appleTree?appleTree4" />

<property name="PlantGrowing.Next" value="appleTreeRipe" />

<property name="Material" value="treeWoodSmall" />

<property name="Shape" value="ModelEntity" />

<property name="BigDecorationRadius" value="2" />

<property name="UpwardsCount" value="2" />

<property name="ModelOffset" value="0,0,0" />

<drop event="Harvest" name="woodBranch" count="15" />

<drop event="Destroy" name="narrowLog" count="6,14" prob="1" />

</block>

<block id="1714" name="appleTreeRipe">

<property name="Class" value="Loot" />

<property name="Model" value="#AppleTree1?AppleTree1Prefab" />

<property name="Material" value="treeWoodSmall" />

<property name="Shape" value="ModelEntity" />

<property name="BigDecorationRadius" value="4" />

<property name="Tag" value="TreeTrunk" />

<property name="ModelOffset" value="0,0,0" />

<property name="LootList" value="110" />

<drop event="Harvest" name="woodBranch" count="15,20" />

<drop event="Destroy" name="narrowLog" count="42,52" prob="1" />

<drop event="Destroy" name="Apple" count="3,15" prob="1" />

</block>

/Holo

I think the sunflowerseeds and strawberryseeds actually place down the plantedTomato block when planted according to items.xml

(no wonder strawberries were depleting fast!)

The different shutters causing an warning/notification in the server when 'nearby'

"Animator.GotoState: State could not be found

(Filename: Line: 1063)

Invalid Layer Index '-1' "

happens with both wooden shutters, and updated to scrapironshutters, they do work so it only spams the serverconsole/logs.

(and for anyone else not coming from such a harsh neighbourhood where they chopped down the appletrees when stealing apples, I made a small change in blocks. xml and copypasted some code in from the XML version , the loot id 110 needs to be adjusted accordingly in loot.xml too:) )

/Holo

Good catch on the seeds, will fix in the upcoming patch.

The warning on the shutters is like the one on the old elevator platform, and comes directly from TFP. Not something I think we can fix though.

I will check with Spider on the Appletree, but I think the destroy to harvest is intentional to help control food overabundance and short growing cycles on trees.

Good catch on the seeds, will fix in the upcoming patch.

The warning on the shutters is like the one on the old elevator platform, and comes directly from TFP. Not something I think we can fix though.

I will check with Spider on the Appletree, but I think the destroy to harvest is intentional to help control food overabundance and short growing cycles on trees.

I'm sure it's intentional, just tossed out the code incase there is others like me that values if something 'feels right' more then if something's challenging :)

I (and my regular 7days team players love this mod, or about 90% of it, the rest 10% I do my limited-best to modify to feel more natural gameplay wise, and for us, more fun while playing)

I'm sure it's intentional, just tossed out the code incase there is others like me that values if something 'feels right' more then if something's challenging :)

I (and my regular 7days team players love this mod, or about 90% of it, the rest 10% I do my limited-best to modify to feel more natural gameplay wise, and for us, more fun while playing)

I think that many of us "tweak" this mod so that it plays better for our particular circumstances. I appreciate you sharing you code changes, and I look forward to your sharing more of them in the future.

Is nerd poling allowed again? I can able to do it in my existing game with hay bales.

Yes, temporarily. The rollback of the DLL was a short term fix for the reset issue, which seems to be fixed. Hopefully we will get out a new stable DLL at some point, but it might wait until A16 drops.

In A16 we may have a free biome to turn into what ever we want(using whats in the game for decor). Is there a biome you would like to see in game that we can make using existing assets. I'm leaning towards a swamp or a true desert that is barren and has big sand dunes and sand storms. What do ya'll think?

UPDATE: Client and server patch - xml only Save safe.

5/10 patch:

Fixed scrap hatch to not upgrade in an infinite loop.

Fixed sunflower growing series

Fixed strawberry and sunflower seeds to plant correct plant

Fixed spelling of perfume bottle in several files

Fixed spelling error in localization - quest file

Reduced harvest count perk from 2.0 to 1.1 in all effected classes

Fixed fermentation barrel recipe to use planks instead of redwood.

Bullet casing can no longer be sold to traders.

Sewing Needles are found almost anywhere in loot. They do not drop from stone.

update -

Coded and tried out the new leveling system I was talking about but ran in to some technical problems. Got it working but because of a few work arounds it made it too complicated. So unless someone has a better idea we will just make crafting give less xp and repairing give more.

Couple issues in my current game. Playing the Mechanic class and i assembled an Auger but the profession quest never completes. Also i cannot get the Auger to start. Its fully assembled, quality 322, with gas in my inventory but the Auger never seems to refill and start up. It makes a short sound each time i try to use it but never actually starts up fully.

I also noticed that when repairing a crossbow it loses very little durability. Like 2 points lost each time it is repaired even with none of the repair perks chosen.

update -

Coded and tried out the new leveling system I was talking about but ran in to some technical problems. Got it working but because of a few work arounds it made it too complicated. So unless someone has a better idea we will just make crafting give less xp and repairing give more.

Doesn't that mean we'll be stuck using older axes snce we'll be mostly reapiring rather than creating new ones (at least early on)?

Hi Spider and co,

Thanks very much for this awesome mod - I love it. It has breathed new life into 7D2D for me and I hope the devs buy into what some of your mods do for their game and adapt them.

Just from the standpoint of someone running their own server can I request that the config files be kept in the same format as the stock config's? Specifically looking at items.xml: The stock config files have <!-- STK whatever --> next to the stack value for batch modding as described in xml.txt. It can become quite cumbersome during patching to go through and have to edit each value individually.

Also I've noticed in the TS config the server doesn't recognise a non-capitalised "s" at the beginning of Stacknumber. Small detail but I have seen others posting about not being able to edit stack numbers.

Thanks again

Hi there, i am newbie in TS and oh man, i am ♥♥♥♥ed up from every source in the game :D Everything want me dead :D But back to reason why i am here. I need some tips how to farm iron, I want to start make better stuff and some items need like 1200 iron wtf :D (anvil). And my current chopping tool is stone axe :D so best way how to farm iron ? Thx for any suggestion or tips or for some tips and tricks video for TS. :)

@spider

Can you add a description to your original post about ore finds in each biome?

nvm

Ore Distribution

After about 6 layers of stone, below the normal terrain of the biome, HardStone will replace normal Stone. HardStone can only be destroyed with Steel Tools and Nitroglycerin Explosives

Ore By Biome

Snow = Coal, Lead, Gravel

Forest = Coal, Iron, Gravel

Pine Forest = Iron, Lead, Gravel

Plains = Coal, Potassium Nitrate, Gravel

Desert = Oil, Coal

Plains Wasteland = Iron, Potassium Nitrate, Gravel

Snow Pine Forest = Iron, Coal, Gravel

Burnt Forest = Iron, Lead, Gravel

Snow Wasteland = Iron, Coal, Gravel

Central Wasteland = Iron, Coal, Gravel

Find item information

Just joined the forums and first off wanted to say thank you to the creator of this mod. It's added many new dynamics to the game and made it a challenge again.

The biggest problem my friends and I are running into is a lack of documentation on items and item creation. At one point pretty early I took the screwdriver skill because I read that it adds to engineering. At the time I didn't know it had to be crafted on a metal working bench which we couldn't create yet so my points were wasted until we unlocked that later.

Currently I'm trying to figure out where to create the power drill. I'm trying to craft one to add to the metal working bench but can't find it anywhere in the menus or at any particular crafting table. I've tried to search these forums however there aren't many options for granular searching. I also tried looking in the items.xml file but the only thing that came close was the stonedrill.

Thanks for the help.

Archived