Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

Sorry to be a pest yet again. But I am curious, has the hearing and senses of zombies been cranked up from vanilla to crazy levels? I moved my base to one of those 2 story mansions with an attic, Im up above in attic and I swear every zombie near the block hears me when I take a step and comes to lunch uninvited.  Spent three days moving items over and setting up, but this is irritating as uninvited family members eating all your food. 

Edited by Realism51 (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Realism51 said:

Sorry to be a pest yet again. But I am curious, has the hearing and senses of zombies been cranked up from vanilla to crazy levels? I moved my base to one of those 2 story mansions with an attic, Im up above in attic and I swear every zombie near the block hears me when I take a step and comes to lunch uninvited.  Spent three days moving items over and setting up, but this is irritating as uninvited family members eating all your food. 

I have found in general with 7D2D, some days are worse than others. However, in the first week or two I find more activity around my base, especially on the days when I am questing. After that things do get quieter, even in the city. On some days I don't really see much, and maybe only the wandering hordes rocks up.

I do a lot of testing on overhaul mods and so I will at times sit around on my base for many in-game days. I find at times, even in the city, zombies dry up when I am not actively killing stuff around my base. So, I don't know, but overall, I think you will have times where nothing much happens.

I assume you don't have feral sense on?

16 hours ago, SnowBee said:

I have found in general with 7D2D, some days are worse than others. However, in the first week or two I find more activity around my base, especially on the days when I am questing. After that things do get quieter, even in the city. On some days I don't really see much, and maybe only the wandering hordes rocks up.

I do a lot of testing on overhaul mods and so I will at times sit around on my base for many in-game days. I find at times, even in the city, zombies dry up when I am not actively killing stuff around my base. So, I don't know, but overall, I think you will have times where nothing much happens.

I assume you don't have feral sense on?

No feral sense active. Im on day 22 I think, on outside edge of city, and its like Im on top ringing the dinner bell and mooning the zombies with my juicy hamhocks

On 7/14/2022 at 11:20 AM, Anarath said:

I got it running on macOS 10.14.6 (Mojave) and it probably works for higher versions of macOS as well (?).

[7 Days to Die Alpha 20.5 (b2) and Undead Legacy 2.5.82]

Starting Undead Legacy
1. Open the Terminal application.
2. Copy & paste this and hit enter: cd Library/Application\ Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/7\ Days\ To\ Die
3. Copy & paste this and hit enter: ./run_bepinex.sh
    3.1 It may take a few moments till the game starts.

3.2 Don't close the Terminal window as long as the game runs.

3.3 macOS might deny to run the command due to security reasons. (Thanks to Spladow for mentioning this!)

3.3.1 Go to "System Preferences > Security and Privacy" and click on the "General" tab.

3.3.2 Near the bottom, you should see an option where it lets you override the security concern for bepines.sh.

3.3.3 Return to Terminal and run bepinex.sh. This time it should launch successfully.
4. Have fun.

Thank you so much for the guide, and for confirming the process still works as of 29 March.

My challenge is in step 3.3.1 forward. There is not a "General" tab in "System Settings > Privacy & Security" (Apple has changed these names slightly since this guide was posted). I've clicked all around these and any tabs that I felt might be relevant, and I can't find anything that refers to bepines.sh. Can anyone please help me figure out how to override the security concern?

Thank you!

5 hours ago, Croggon said:

Thank you so much for the guide, and for confirming the process still works as of 29 March.

My challenge is in step 3.3.1 forward. There is not a "General" tab in "System Settings > Privacy & Security" (Apple has changed these names slightly since this guide was posted). I've clicked all around these and any tabs that I felt might be relevant, and I can't find anything that refers to bepines.sh. Can anyone please help me figure out how to override the security concern?

Thank you!

Hi there, you are right. My guide was made for an older version of macOS.

But it is kinda similar though. System Setting > Privacy & Security > Scroll down below the list view to "Security". If any app creates security concerns it will show up around the area where FileVault and other complimentary settings can be found. You have to try to start the app right before you go there to have it show up.

i'm not sure if anyone will be able to help me here, but i am getting this error when i'm ingame, it wasnt happening before i installed UL.

https://pasteboard.co/LickHdSJaMMA.jpg

also i get spammed with red errors, when i approach a firepit, which means i cant cook anything nor can i craft molds, once again, it wasnt happening until i was in UL> i dont have an image for it at the moment, i'll login in soon and get a screen grab.

On 5/27/2023 at 7:44 AM, ozmods said:

i'm not sure if anyone will be able to help me here, but i am getting this error when i'm ingame, it wasnt happening before i installed UL.

https://pasteboard.co/LickHdSJaMMA.jpg

also i get spammed with red errors, when i approach a firepit, which means i cant cook anything nor can i craft molds, once again, it wasnt happening until i was in UL> i dont have an image for it at the moment, i'll login in soon and get a screen grab.

Do you have other mods installed? and did you clean completely?
Seems like there is something else than UL and the original 7d2d.

Edited by Tobs (see edit history)

9 hours ago, HECULESCCP said:

no release day ??????????? for update .........

2 hours ago, SnowBee said:

Don't know if SQ is planning on an update with A21 so close? Likely will bundle it in with the first A21 patch.

UL 2.7 will be out for A21 when it's ready

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

Hello, i come here with a few questions about interactions with other mods.

some context: I quite love this mod, and me and a select few good friends have been having a blast. many of them actually love the melee weapon variety, something that simply couldn't hit the mark for them in vanilla. after playing vanilla for years, and then playing darkness falls, we came to this and felt the completeness of the game. except, for me, after moving from darkness falls to undead legacy, i can't help but miss specific ranged weapon variants. 

I am a layman, but i want to integrate some other mods with this one. So far, i've had real trouble with values of items not being reflective of the xmls, or updating some properties not going well. I also don't know how to open these ULM extension files to take a better look at what i should be touching on under the hood to make it work.

i've gotten items to show up in vendors and i'm working on localizations to match UL's changes, with middling success. guns do negative damage and the xml entity changes don't apply as i attempt to adjust them.

i realize this is not your mod. however, after scouring the internet with no luck and after putting many hours into this project, where better to ask than here, the main hub of the mod itself? and so i was hoping someone here could explain what i need to do, to learn even, to make this work.

thanks for your time.

4 minutes ago, sterowent said:

Hello, i come here with a few questions about interactions with other mods.

some context: I quite love this mod, and me and a select few good friends have been having a blast. many of them actually love the melee weapon variety, something that simply couldn't hit the mark for them in vanilla. after playing vanilla for years, and then playing darkness falls, we came to this and felt the completeness of the game. except, for me, after moving from darkness falls to undead legacy, i can't help but miss specific ranged weapon variants. 

I am a layman, but i want to integrate some other mods with this one. So far, i've had real trouble with values of items not being reflective of the xmls, or updating some properties not going well. I also don't know how to open these ULM extension files to take a better look at what i should be touching on under the hood to make it work.

i've gotten items to show up in vendors and i'm working on localizations to match UL's changes, with middling success. guns do negative damage and the xml entity changes don't apply as i attempt to adjust them.

i realize this is not your mod. however, after scouring the internet with no luck and after putting many hours into this project, where better to ask than here, the main hub of the mod itself? and so i was hoping someone here could explain what i need to do, to learn even, to make this work.

thanks for your time.

UL is an overhaul mod so it changes a lot of things in the game.  It will be a lot of work trying to get other mods to work with this one (same thing with Darkness Falls).

Some general tips:

• You will need to have UL loaded first.  Any mods loaded prior to UL have the high chance of being completely overwritten.
  • Each additional mod you load up will have to be examined to determine what files are being changed.  Then you will have to compare to the UL mod files themselves
    • XML edits are usually not an issue.  If the mod itself changes C# code or add new C# code, then you are increasing the likely hood of conflicts between the different mods
    • You will need to understand how Subquake approached each aspect of the game to understand how to integrate other mods to them.
    • If the mods loaded after elements (or change elements) that the UL mod as altered / added, you increase the chance of the mod not running correctly.

Good luck.  Not something I would really do myself as depending on the number of mods you are adding, it can be a ton of work to make all of the mods play nicely.

46 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

UL is an overhaul mod so it changes a lot of things in the game.  It will be a lot of work trying to get other mods to work with this one (same thing with Darkness Falls).

Some general tips:

• You will need to have UL loaded first.  Any mods loaded prior to UL have the high chance of being completely overwritten.
  • Each additional mod you load up will have to be examined to determine what files are being changed.  Then you will have to compare to the UL mod files themselves
    • XML edits are usually not an issue.  If the mod itself changes C# code or add new C# code, then you are increasing the likely hood of conflicts between the different mods
    • You will need to understand how Subquake approached each aspect of the game to understand how to integrate other mods to them.
    • If the mods loaded after elements (or change elements) that the UL mod as altered / added, you increase the chance of the mod not running correctly.

Good luck.  Not something I would really do myself as depending on the number of mods you are adding, it can be a ton of work to make all of the mods play nicely.

I appreciate the response. Yes, i'm examining many new groups and organizational changes. Every day i find a new rabbit hole to go down, and even while progress is being made if someone before me has already treaded this ground wouldn't that be wonderful?

sometimes the love of a feature will make you do somewhat erratic things, haha. i have put so many hours in, but i'll keep going until it works. as long as everything is managed within xml, i will find success, someday. appreciate the well wishes.

5 hours ago, sterowent said:

I appreciate the response. Yes, i'm examining many new groups and organizational changes. Every day i find a new rabbit hole to go down, and even while progress is being made if someone before me has already treaded this ground wouldn't that be wonderful?

sometimes the love of a feature will make you do somewhat erratic things, haha. i have put so many hours in, but i'll keep going until it works. as long as everything is managed within xml, i will find success, someday. appreciate the well wishes.

Though keep in mind, that making a mod-pack out of any of Undead Legacy content is not allowed.
https://terms.subquake.com/ 

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Subquake said:

Though keep in mind, that making a mod-pack out of any of Undead Legacy content is not allowed.
https://terms.subquake.com/ 

Yes, naturally. I enjoy your work a great deal, wouldn't want to jeopardize alienating you via plagiarism. And, of course, the morality. No, this is for personal use alongside your work.

I wish you luck in parsing through the new content, sir. it's quickly approaching! 

25 minutes ago, Rathlon said:

I'm wondering would this mod have fits if I add in say modlets that adds in or changes certain things like working stoves and ovens, and gathering berries from destroy grass?

Maybe just try it?

One more query out of me:

I have just about made the edits i came to do, but there's one important thing that remains: the icons. specifically, the icons in the bottom right. Ammo and weapon silhouettes are a unique feature to this mod overhaul, and i love this small but visually pleasing detail. It's both functional and stylish.

I see where this style is updated from, but it uses some of the ULM files to do so. I have avoided them up to this point, but to complete this small personal project for me and my friend group, i need to open them, i assume. exactly what filetype are these? i tried opening them with a multitude of programs, and I attempted to open with Unity, but perhaps I was in error. I am a stranger to Unity after all.

I would appreciate any information that can be given on the subject. Again, i quite enjoy the mod, and thanks for your work and your time. Just wading in the code is enough to suggest I should be impressed. Anyone would be! 

6 hours ago, sterowent said:

One more query out of me:

I have just about made the edits i came to do, but there's one important thing that remains: the icons. specifically, the icons in the bottom right. Ammo and weapon silhouettes are a unique feature to this mod overhaul, and i love this small but visually pleasing detail. It's both functional and stylish.

I see where this style is updated from, but it uses some of the ULM files to do so. I have avoided them up to this point, but to complete this small personal project for me and my friend group, i need to open them, i assume. exactly what filetype are these? i tried opening them with a multitude of programs, and I attempted to open with Unity, but perhaps I was in error. I am a stranger to Unity after all.

I would appreciate any information that can be given on the subject. Again, i quite enjoy the mod, and thanks for your work and your time. Just wading in the code is enough to suggest I should be impressed. Anyone would be! 

That has nothing to do with any of the ULM files