Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

3 hours ago, dark0angel13 said:

Hi I’m new here and love 7 days and your mod is AMAZING Subquake I am in love with it! Absolutely outstanding work.

I’m having trouble with world generation though. 

I had a world generated for my own use using random generation 8k west xofuyu (spelling?) territory and everything was fine. Then I wanted to start a YouTube series of my play through on this mod so I tried to make another world using the same west territory but it’s all in red. I can’t start it at all.

I’ve tried deleting my personal world and erasing all saved files in the app data but when I open the game I can literally choose anything BUT the 8k west territory. Please help what did I do wrong? I loved that territory and wanted to make my series out of that! 😭 

Have you tried changing the name of the new game? On the "new game" screen right above where you select the world (west xofuyu territory or whatever it´s called) there is a field where you can enter a name for your new savegame and by default it will use the name of your previous savegame. I think the problem is that you can´t have two games with the same name on the same map.

Edited by Mordbube
Added quote (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Mordbube said:

Have you tried changing the name of the new game? On the "new game" screen right above where you select the world (west xofuyu territory or whatever it´s called) there is a field where you can enter a name for your new savegame and by default it will use the name of your previous savegame. I think the problem is that you can´t have two games with the same name on the same map.

Yeah I’ve tried that but no matter what I change the name to it’s still red 😞 I’m afraid I may have to uninstall the game and delete all the folders and completely reinstall it and the mod in order for it to work. I turned my pc off last night so hopefully the shut down will reset the ram and I’ll be able to do something tonight but we shall see. 

7 hours ago, dark0angel13 said:

Yeah I’ve tried that but no matter what I change the name to it’s still red 😞 I’m afraid I may have to uninstall the game and delete all the folders and completely reinstall it and the mod in order for it to work. I turned my pc off last night so hopefully the shut down will reset the ram and I’ll be able to do something tonight but we shall see. 

I’ve reinstalled everything and I can make a new random world but after I generate it it brings up the generated map and there is no start button. Only a generate world button and a back button and when I select back to go play it the start button is greyed out and I can’t do anything then I have to go into the app data file and delete the generated world to do it again for it to do the same thing. Idk what I’m doing wrong 😭😭😭

Did you use the advance option at the map generator ?

If so, then yes that bring you to the Map generator from the Main menu, and you have to use the Back button, New world and select the world you just generated.

Only when you use the standard settings, you stay at the menu and start that world automatical (i think).

Edited by Canute (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Shezarr said:

Good time of the day, tell me the ability to create cigars is disabled in UL? Learned the book Urban Combat Vol.2 but I still can't make cigars, or can't I create them in the vanilla version already?

Don't forget this is an overhaul, and it isn't perfect nor bugfree.
Many perks from books arn't working at Ul, the cigar is one of it. But you should be able to buy them from traders (i think).

23 hours ago, Canute said:

Не забывайте, что это капитальный ремонт, и он не идеален и не без ошибок.
Многие льготы из книг не работают в Ul, сигара - одна из них. Но вы должны иметь возможность покупать их у трейдеров (я думаю).

Well, the cigar is great, she always studied from books, bought it from a huckster, now I'm faced with a silencer, I can't invent a scheme, I create the same thing accordingly.

Edited by Shezarr (see edit history)

23 hours ago, Canute said:

Don't forget this is an overhaul, and it isn't perfect nor bugfree.
Many perks from books arn't working at Ul, the cigar is one of it. But you should be able to buy them from traders (i think).

What are you talking about? All books are working as intended in UL 2.6

Question for Subquake -

I have 0 need for;

UndeadLegacy_Localization_Brazilian

UndeadLegacy_Localization_Chinese

UndeadLegacy_Localization_German

UndeadLegacy_Localization_Polish

UndeadLegacy_Localization_Russian

UndeadLegacy_Twitch

Would there be any possible benefit to just deleting all of those? Or any possible "you broke the mod" from it?

Just curious if I could safely remove all of those and possibly give 7days 6 less things to worry about.

Edited by Onoes (see edit history)

32 minutes ago, Onoes said:

Question for Subquake -

I have 0 need for;

UndeadLegacy_Localization_Brazilian

UndeadLegacy_Localization_Chinese

UndeadLegacy_Localization_German

UndeadLegacy_Localization_Polish

UndeadLegacy_Localization_Russian

UndeadLegacy_Twitch

Would there be any possible benefit to just deleting all of those? Or any possible "you broke the mod" from it?

Just curious if I could safely remove all of those and possibly give 7days 6 less things to worry about.

Don't know if you safely can or not but there be little point in doing so.

These are files that are under 500kb so they would have little to no performance impact on the overhaul.

I suppose that makes sense... I see them loading every time I start up the server so I was thinking removing them might free up any processes those mods take up... but I guess if they aren't being called they probably aren't really effecting anything, and if they are being called they are needed. So, yeah, probably no reason to delete them I guess!

Side note , I'm curious about the reasoning for loot bags to be just a glowing icon as opposed to the default bags? I get that they are more visible, but they are also pretty immersion breaking with the otherwise realistic feel of the mod. Are these representative of your final vison, or more placeholders for future plans?

As always- thanks for my favorite 7D2D mod! :)

1 hour ago, Onoes said:

Side note , I'm curious about the reasoning for loot bags to be just a glowing icon as opposed to the default bags? I get that they are more visible, but they are also pretty immersion breaking with the otherwise realistic feel of the mod. Are these representative of your final vison, or more placeholders for future plans?

As always- thanks for my favorite 7D2D mod! :)

For me the loot bags are immersion breaking, the beam is just something that indicates that something dropped, versus a loot bag spawning out of nowhere.

Think of it more of a UI extension than a game world object.

2 hours ago, Magnus33john said:

Don't know if you safely can or not but there be little point in doing so.

These are files that are under 500kb so they would have little to no performance impact on the overhaul.

Indeed they have little to no performance impact on the game. Languages are there and included, because they can be selected in the game options and well Twitch is for Twitch integration stuff.

6 minutes ago, 2jokerswild said:

Quick question, running the Alpha20 mod. I dont see any way to craft a ladder. When I search for "ladder" in the crafting menu nothing comes up. Is this a bug where we cant craft ladders or am I doing something wrong?

It's not a bug, ladders were redundant since the start of a20, it's one of the shapes, when you craft a block helper, for example Wood Frames

28 minutes ago, 2jokerswild said:

Quick question, running the Alpha20 mod. I dont see any way to craft a ladder. When I search for "ladder" in the crafting menu nothing comes up. Is this a bug where we cant craft ladders or am I doing something wrong?

You just need to craft Wood frames.

Put the wood frame at the hotbar, select it and press r for the radial menu.

Select shapes, and search for ladder. Some other block/shape allow you too to climb up.

But that isn't anything new, that is since TFP added these Shape system.

Edited by Canute (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Subquake said:

For me the loot bags are immersion breaking, the beam is just something that indicates that something dropped, versus a loot bag spawning out of nowhere.

Think of it more of a UI extension than a game world object.

Indeed they have little to no performance impact on the game. Languages are there and included, because they can be selected in the game options and well Twitch is for Twitch integration stuff.

There was also the issue of them getting in the way on horde nights.

If you have the zombies going through a narrow space and getting killed the loot bags could end up blocking visibility. Nothing like getting nailed by a cop you can't see behind a pile of loot bags.

As for immersion breaking i think the weather being inside is far worse. I get why they didn't fix this early on as it doesn't break the game but it is surprising this many years in.

Although they do some odd stuff now and then like this whole water change. I get the reason for it but the execution leave a lot to be desired. No jars?!!.... plastic jars would outlast everything so that would make no sense. This of course kills the getting of murky water for glue and the like which makes even less sense.  They could leave the jars alone and have murky water only usable for said items and too contaminated to be changed to drinking water.

Sadly the dev's have a bit of a our way of the highway attitude at times which is stupid since people could end up walking away to something else.

Thanks for the update, and thanks for the insight on loot bags! And totally agree there are plenty of immersion breaking things in the base game. We just finished a playthrough of Darkness Falls, and started a new UL run-through and the first time a bag dropped my wife was like "What the heck is that?!" and made me wonder about it was all. 

3 hours ago, Magnus33john said:

It seems the sliding glass doors went back to no longer being see through again with this update.

So far its the only bug i seen.

Thanks for reporting this, it was to be expected, because I was trying to fix how the glass shader looks in the fog for vehicles, and that's also shared between the doors too. Will sort it out for next update once again :D