Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

Looking awesome! I was curious if you had any ideas how you were going to handle the alpha 21 changes? I know they're reworking the entire skill system, and I know you've already overhauled the existing skill system in a pretty great way. Didn't know if you were going to be incorporating their changes into yours, or if yours will remain unchanged? I think there are overhauling the drinking system as well... Honestly I don't know all the changes off the top of my head, just that there's quite a few of them! Didn't know if you already had a good idea how you were going to handle that stuff, or if that's a problem for future Subquake! Lol

1 hour ago, Onoes said:

Looking awesome! I was curious if you had any ideas how you were going to handle the alpha 21 changes? I know they're reworking the entire skill system, and I know you've already overhauled the existing skill system in a pretty great way. Didn't know if you were going to be incorporating their changes into yours, or if yours will remain unchanged? I think there are overhauling the drinking system as well... Honestly I don't know all the changes off the top of my head, just that there's quite a few of them! Didn't know if you already had a good idea how you were going to handle that stuff, or if that's a problem for future Subquake! Lol

Some things will be adjusted, others will be the same, I am working on some changes myself with UL 2.7 as well on some things :)

Hey Subquake, with A21 on the horizon, will UL 2.7 be built on top of A21 or are we getting it on A20?

If the latter is the case, how long do you reckon it will take you to update it to A21?

Playing 7DTD without your mod seems really unfeasible, it's just too good. 😄

He's trying to get 2.7 out for alpha 20 was the last thing I saw from him. He can't really be working on alpha 21 right now as he doesn't have access to it. Even when alpha 21 comes out it'll be an experimental for a bit, so he can get started but Fun Pimps could be updating and changing things multiple times over the first couple weeks. So once Subquake starts working on a21, their changes might necessitate him fixing things he already fixed 24 hours before. I want to say historically he's had an experimental build of UL out within a couple weeks, and a stable build within a month and some change? They are changing a bunch of core things in a21 though, so who knows, could take longer?

I'm guessing the answer right now is that even Subquake doesn't know how long it will take, because he hasn't actually seen anything yet, and it'll be ready when it's ready.

All that being said, I'm with you, I won't even be installing alpha 21 until Undead Legacy is ready 🙂 it's just a better game in every way imo

19 hours ago, MassiveGiraffe said:

Hey Subquake, with A21 on the horizon, will UL 2.7 be built on top of A21 or are we getting it on A20?

If the latter is the case, how long do you reckon it will take you to update it to A21?

Playing 7DTD without your mod seems really unfeasible, it's just too good. 😄

I'd say at the very least a month, I'm still not done with 2.7, if I would, it'd be already out on experimental, will see, only time can tell :)

28 minutes ago, Deacon of Undead said:

So I know the NPC Mod is not supported on UL, but has anyone tried it to see if it works? I like UL best but did like another that had NPC as an option.

According to the UL Discord, from what I can see, a few players have tried and failed. Mainly UI problems.

However, one player earlier this year did succeed (apparently) by getting the mod to load after Undead Legacy loads.

He/she added a zz to the beginning of the folder name so that it alphabetically appeared at the bottom of the list, and loaded after other folders/files.

I probably just made a noob mistake. I cleaned out my worlds folder a couple of months ago, now I've decided to have another crack at UL.  I grabbed the latest stable from the website, cleaned out the mods folder of my UL install then dropped everything from the download into the game folder. So far as I can see everything has gone where it should and UL loads ok and reports as 2.6.17, but I don't have any of the pregen maps. Is the map gen in UL working ok and I can just create one ?

Cheers

1 hour ago, Grolbu said:

I probably just made a noob mistake. I cleaned out my worlds folder a couple of months ago, now I've decided to have another crack at UL.  I grabbed the latest stable from the website, cleaned out the mods folder of my UL install then dropped everything from the download into the game folder. So far as I can see everything has gone where it should and UL loads ok and reports as 2.6.17, but I don't have any of the pregen maps. Is the map gen in UL working ok and I can just create one ?

Cheers

If you cleared the worlds folder, then those maps are gone, you have to generate new maps.

50 minutes ago, Realism51 said:

whats the deal with zombies spawning on the roof of your base at night? i have them trying to tear into my at day 4 from above? and my base is a two story building

Do you have a land claim in your base?

4 hours ago, Realism51 said:

whats the deal with zombies spawning on the roof of your base at night? i have them trying to tear into my at day 4 from above? and my base is a two story building

Well, a bedroll is supposed to stop enemy spawns above and below you (even to bedrock). I have never had a problem when I at least have a bedroll down, though I may have just not noticed it.

Are you sure they haven't found a way to get to you by climbing up from the ground and then coming in from above? I had that once while staying on a second story house. They found a way onto the garage roof and then surprised me.

13 hours ago, SnowBee said:

Well, a bedroll is supposed to stop enemy spawns above and below you (even to bedrock). I have never had a problem when I at least have a bedroll down, though I may have just not noticed it.

Are you sure they haven't found a way to get to you by climbing up from the ground and then coming in from above? I had that once while staying on a second story house. They found a way onto the garage roof and then surprised me.

I have a bedroll down, no land claim block yet, but the building I am on, has no way for them to get up to the roof, but at night I can hear them and see the roof taking damage.  It is weird cuz I even had a bear spawn in on the first floor

10 hours ago, Realism51 said:

I have a bedroll down, no land claim block yet, but the building I am on, has no way for them to get up to the roof, but at night I can hear them and see the roof taking damage.  It is weird cuz I even had a bear spawn in on the first floor

Oh gees, yeah, a bear rocking up is no fun. :)

Are you sure your bedroll is active? Only the most recent bedroll is active, so just wondering if maybe you placed one somewhere else and forgot about it?

2 hours ago, jason95821 said:

couple of questions 

are there new poi 

can it be played sp only 

I can't say much about the POI's, but yes, there are a few non vanilla ones, I just don't know how many. There are mod packs you can install that are UL compatible. I think I saw zzTong & compo pack has packs for UL.

A lot of players are single player only. I nearly always play SP, however, I do believe UL will be easier with co-op, especially with more hands in obtaining materials and resources. Still, nothing wrong with a SP playthrough.

6 minutes ago, Realism51 said:

Does anyone know how to get rid of the red flag quick marker. I cant figure out how to get it off the map and off the screen entirely

Open your map, then on the top right corner it shows your cursor, position, etc. There is a "Waypoint" indicator. That is the red marker, click to remove it.

Side note, is there a way to prevent zombie respawns in POI you already cleared? Or do I need to download another mod to inject into the files for it.  Its no fun going back for loot 4 days later and everything is spawned back in, same with a POI you semi clear but need to come back to later when you stronger

POI zombie respawn use the same timer as loot respawn. You can set that higher in the Advanced Options tab when you load your save. I think the default maximum is 50 days, but I mod in 300 days. I like to play with no loot respawn, but if you use that settings then zombies will respawn at the default 7 days. So modding that to 300 is essentially mod and zombie respawn off.