Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

3 hours ago, FatsackTony said:

Well if the patch only had the files I had modified, would they be considered his files?   The patch would require the player to download the other two mods first before getting the patch files to replace files like archetypes.xml or gamestages.xml from the patch mod. Technically those two files are The Fun Pimps files.

First, to be clear you can modify it for your own private use however you want.  But if you want to distribute something, it needs to not include any part of Subquake’s work without permission.  If what you release only contains TFP’s original files, with assets and/or code you’ve added on top of it, then it’s your mod.

It wouldn’t be enough that your patch wouldn’t work without downloading the other two mods, if you’re still distributing modified versions of the other mod author’s files.  Practically speaking, you’d probably want to do a compatibility patch like this as an xpath mod, so that the file(s) you release are *just* the parts you add.

Hope that helps.

2 hours ago, Brettflan said:

Is there any craftable player storage that can be made before the tier 2 carpenter station?

You can pick up almost anything in Undead Legacy by looking at an object and holding E, that and more is explained in the Journal, so you can pick up stuff like Cardboard Boxes, Desks, Beds etc :)

2022.01.13 - 2.5.35 Experimental was released yesterday btw, for those who don't know yet:

- Updated BepInEx version to 5.4.18
- Added Steel and Titanium Reinforcement resource items
- Changed Claw Hammer to be researched in Research Station T1
- Changed block upgrade costs for reinforced concrete and steel
- Changed repair costs for steel and titanium blocks
- Changed Steel and Titanium block recipes
- Changed vehicle inspection window to represent remaining fuel with decimal point
- Updated chance to find Claw Hammer and Wrench in loot
- Updated Trader Jen POI
- Increased Steel Plating price
- Removed some duplicate localization entries
- Fixed Twitch Integration commands visible when on Waiting or Cooldown
- Fixed not being able to sell Police Batons
- Fixed some rifles not having icons for the item stat readouts
- Fixed trader item slots not showing quality backgrounds
- Fixed after use not being able to pick up Maintenance Station on dedicated server
- Fixed repairing vehicles on servers not correctly removing vehicle spawn block
- Fixed vehicle consumption bonuses by quality being reversed for Vehicle Fuel Saver Mod

4 hours ago, Subquake said:

You can pick up almost anything in Undead Legacy by looking at an object and holding E, that and more is explained in the Journal, so you can pick up stuff like Cardboard Boxes, Desks, Beds etc :)

Cool, thanks for the info. I assume it's best to switch to player storage when possible, to make sure loot doesn't eventually respawn in the repurposed storage containers? Still quite useful to have them as temp storage if nothing else.

I'll look further into the in-game journal.

3 hours ago, Zodiark69 said:

Whenever I try to launch the mod, it just errors like about Subquake Sound.ui errors, and then just spams it to hell and back. Any idea why?

If you tried to install it with mod launcher, try the 3.x new one instead mentioned earlier in the thread: https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/4085-subquakes-undead-legacy/?do=findComment&comment=466071

Hello!

In my game, the Bulletproof Metal Window / Metal Window shape menu is empty. Don't show the shapes available. In another same, few updates before, I could use metal windows shapes... 

Is this a bug, or is something from my save game?

Many thx

5 hours ago, Subquake said:

If the mod is installed correctly there should be no errors.

What would cause this in the windows.xml?

<<<<<<< HEAD
                    <optionVideo name="ShowDayAndTime" type="ComboBoxBool" localization_prefix="optCombo"/>
                    <optionVideo name="ShowDebugValues" type="ComboBoxBool" localization_prefix="optCombo"/>
                </grid>
=======
                	<optionVideo name="CompassInactiveMarkerOpacity" type="ComboBoxFloat" value_increment="0.05" value_wrap="false" format_string="0%"/>
                    <optionVideo name="ShowDayAndTime" type="ComboBoxBool" localization_prefix="optCombo"/>
                    <optionVideo name="ShowDebugValues" type="ComboBoxBool" localization_prefix="optCombo"/>
				</grid>
>>>>>>> 8cfb3de6f06464f6d7add5b4aedad2567fe093dc

Edited by Caltucky (see edit history)

@Caltucky Like I said, incorrect installation of Undead Legacy, you are the only one with this issue. Redownload Undead Legacy and reinstall it fully, make sure you are not running any other modlets and that your installation of 7 Days To Die is clean A20 (b238), unmodded.

@FreshMeat I see this when checking shapes for that block (works as intended):

q2zfw8G.png

2022.01.15 - 2.5.36 Experimental is out:
- Changed vehicle salvaging buff to be hidden
- Updated lockpicking preventing you to pick impossible locks
- Updated radial menu to hide if no lockpicks or bobby pins present in inventory
- Added new localization: uiLockpickingInsufficient
- Fixed party window not showing when party members are in safe zone
- Fixed twitch integration not showing voting (bug from 2.5.35)
- Fixed incorrect localization for Lockpicking Action Skill
- Fixed incorrect stat values for scrap and iron machete items
- Fixed Magnum Enforcer Vol 4 not working as described
- Fixed not being able to change pages in Multiplayer Server Browser
- Fixed single blue water barrels having 200 capacity instead of 50
- Fixed toolbelt scroll storage tank interaction exploit

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Subquake said:

@Caltucky Like I said, incorrect installation of Undead Legacy, you are the only one with this issue. Redownload Undead Legacy and reinstall it fully, make sure you are not running any other modlets and that your installation of 7 Days To Die is clean A20 (b238), unmodded.

@FreshMeat I see this when checking shapes for that block (works as intended):

q2zfw8G.png

2022.01.15 - 2.5.36 Experimental is out:
- Changed vehicle salvaging buff to be hidden
- Updated lockpicking preventing you to pick impossible locks
- Updated radial menu to hide if no lockpicks or bobby pins present in inventory
- Added new localization: uiLockpickingInsufficient
- Fixed party window not showing when party members are in safe zone
- Fixed twitch integration not showing voting (bug from 2.5.35)
- Fixed incorrect localization for Lockpicking Action Skill
- Fixed incorrect stat values for scrap and iron machete items
- Fixed Magnum Enforcer Vol 4 not working as described
- Fixed not being able to change pages in Multiplayer Server Browser
- Fixed single blue water barrels having 200 capacity instead of 50
- Fixed toolbelt scroll storage tank interaction exploit

Haha, I'd like to know how I got ahold of your github commit hash and merge conflict tag in my update and somehow it's my fault? Yours is the only mod I have installed 

Doesn't matter, I deleted the lines regarding the merge conflict and it works

@Caltucky Yes, if you would have downloaded the mod from my website (zip form), then there would have been no issue.  Also friendly reminder, redistribution of Undead Legacy files is not allowed as per Terms of Use of Undead Legacy and TFP Official Modding Policy:

2022.01.15 - 2.5.37 Small, but necessary hotfix update is out:
- Fixed Trader Joel exploit

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

12 minutes ago, Shezarr said:

Good day Subquake, the mod is gorgeous considering that you do it alone, but is it possible to increase the height of the floors of elevators from 5 cubes to 6? And then a little low room turns out to be 4 cubes :).

It's rather complicated to add other variants of it, the animations I made for it are fixed height and through discussions on discord we came to conclusion that 4 blocks would be the optimal choice of ceiling height. I will be adding more elevators, but they will be small player sized ones, 3x3 or something like that, people have been asking for those (more practical ones) for quite some time :)

7 hours ago, Subquake said:

@Caltucky Yes, if you would have downloaded the mod from my website (zip form), then there would have been no issue.  Also friendly reminder, redistribution of Undead Legacy files is not allowed as per Terms of Use of Undead Legacy and TFP Official Modding Policy:

2022.01.15 - 2.5.37 Small, but necessary hotfix update is out:
- Fixed Trader Joel exploit

I use the mod launcher to pull the mod (the one you have mentioned multiple times). Are you saying the mod launcher is faulty? Also, I would be careful threatening people with the terms of service policy. I've done nothing wrong. I used the mod launcher that you, yourself, have pointed many people to. I'm not redistributing anything. All I was trying to do was point out some code that looked out of place. I have no idea how it got there. I was simply trying to help you and/or others if they came across this issue. Might do you some good to lose that chip on your shoulder.

22 minutes ago, Subquake said:

Добавлять другие его варианты довольно сложно, анимация, которую я сделал для него, имеет фиксированную высоту и в ходе дискордов мы пришли к выводу, что оптимальным выбором высоты потолка будет 4 блока. Я буду добавлять больше лифтов, но они будут размером с маленького игрока, 3x3 или что-то в этом роде, люди просили о них (более практичных) уже довольно давно.:)

Clearly, thanks for the answer, I will not criticize the people who determined the height of the room in the discord, but based on my experience of playing the vanilla version of the game, the optimal length and height of the wall is 5 * 5, based on two stations of the workbench 2 * 2 and the chemical station 3 * 3, and if you hang the box immediately above the chemical station, then most of all you manage to open the station and not the box. And if we proceed from the mod, then the height of the gate is 5 cubes and the cubes are not placed closely, since the width at the bottom is 3 cubes, there is also an Ore extractor that has a height of 11 cubes :). We will try to adapt to the existing things. Thanks again for the work.

5 hours ago, Subquake said:

@Caltucky yes, the mod launcher is not perfect and it doesn't always fetch the latest version correctly.

I got stuck on 2.5.35, ModLauncher would not pick up the new version, tried Delete Mod but no dice.
Manual d/l and installation did the trick. We'll see what happens with next version, as ModLauncher "Update" button has worked before

Hello everyone, Hello Subquake :)

First of all, really really nice work. For me your mod is the best way to play the game :) 

But i have one question: If I update the the files from 2.5.31 to the latest build, do i have to start a new game or can i continiue with my actual game? 

Thanks for helping :)

6 hours ago, Essin said:

I got stuck on 2.5.35, ModLauncher would not pick up the new version, tried Delete Mod but no dice.
Manual d/l and installation did the trick. We'll see what happens with next version, as ModLauncher "Update" button has worked before

Try using the Delete Temp button and then clicking Update

1 hour ago, Ancheon said:

Hello everyone, Hello Subquake :)

First of all, really really nice work. For me your mod is the best way to play the game :) 

But i have one question: If I update the the files from 2.5.31 to the latest build, do i have to start a new game or can i continiue with my actual game? 

Thanks for helping :)

You should be fine :)

16 minutes ago, Throvolos said:

Hello,

I'm trying to use A20 UL experimental.

I'm trying to generate a random world, which works.

However, after the world is generated, there's no option to save it, or use it?

I'm using the ADVANCED options to generate a world (more towns, etc).

Once the world is generated, you go back to menu, select New Game and the select the generated world :)

I have not seen these mentioned here so I'll report them now.

7 Days to Die Alpha 20(b238), UL 2.5.35

1) Bug:  After doing the initial quest for a vendor all they offer afterwards is buried supplies quests. This happens with all the vendors, every time. New vendors will offer all the types of quests but after I do one the only ones afterwards are buried supply runs.

2) Crashing: After playing for several hours, usually around 6, my client will crash with a memory allocation error. I have 32 GB of ram in my Windows 11 pc.

3) Load times: The load times when choosing to  'Continue game' or 'Load game' are upwards of 3 minutes on a very fast PC. It's an Intel I7-8700 with 32 GB ram and both the game folder and save folder are on a 3rd gen NVME Samsung 870 Pro SSD. Regular 7D2D and other mods load (from the same drive) load in under 30 seconds.

Hope that's useful.