Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

@Deven 

1) I haven't altered what quests traders give you, most likely a vanilla issue in combination of strangely generated map perhaps

2) Out of my control, base game itself has issues with memory leaks and the longer you play, the more ram gets used up, that's not for me to fix.

3) That's normal, UL takes at the very minimum additional 2 minutes to load, because it's an overhaul mod, that changes and adds a lot of things to the game.

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

On 1/13/2022 at 10:40 AM, Crater Creator said:

it needs to not include any part of Subquake’s work without permission.

This is what I'm asking for clarification on. I wouldn't be distributing his files or his custom assets, I would only be distributing files that I had modified in order to get his mod and snufkins zombies to work together, i.e. to get snufkin zombies integrated into gamestages and groups etc. 

On 1/13/2022 at 10:40 AM, Crater Creator said:

It wouldn’t be enough that your patch wouldn’t work without downloading the other two mods, if you’re still distributing modified versions of the other mod author’s files.

Yeah I wouldn't be distributing anything except the necessary original xml files to patch the two mods together, it would require the other two mods be downloaded independently, it would just patch them and only affect original game files that control gamestage/spawning etc.

1 minute ago, FatsackTony said:

Yeah I wouldn't be distributing anything except the necessary original xml files to patch the two mods together, it would require the other two mods be downloaded independently, it would just patch them and only affect original game files that control gamestage/spawning etc.

Including any of original Undead Legacy xml files or parts of them is not allowed. Taking one or more of Undead Legacy XML files, then modifying them would be considered as breach of Undead Legacy Terms of Use and that is not how you make a compatibility modlet.

3 hours ago, FatsackTony said:

This is what I'm asking for clarification on. I wouldn't be distributing his files or his custom assets, I would only be distributing files that I had modified in order to get his mod and snufkins zombies to work together, i.e. to get snufkin zombies integrated into gamestages and groups etc. 

It would matter whether you're modifying vanilla files or UL files.  Vanilla files, you're fine.  UL files, you'd need permission from Subquake.

You say again that the end user would have to download the two mods independently.  And yes, that would be expected in a scenario where your compatibility mod follows the modding policy.  However, I don't want to present that as the test.  Because you could modify a few UL files, and distribute only those.  And then, since you're not including all the UL files, it would still be true that the end user has to download UL separately.  In that scenario, you're still re-distributing UL files, so you would need Subquake's permission.

So, having to download UL separately is a good sign for your proposed compatibility mod, but that's not what's important and I don't want to open up a loophole by saying that's what matters.  What matters is that you're modifying the vanilla files, or else you have permission to distribute modifications to someone else's files.

On 1/15/2022 at 3:21 PM, Subquake said:

Including any of original Undead Legacy xml files or parts of them is not allowed. Taking one or more of Undead Legacy XML files, then modifying them would be considered as breach of Undead Legacy Terms of Use and that is not how you make a compatibility modlet.

I wouldn't be using your xml files just the ones that came with the game that I modified to work with your mod and snufkins zombies.

P.S.  Looks like enZombies and the Snufkins Zombies add-on for it already use Xpath to modify the gamestage, group, and zombie files, so you just have to make sure those mods load AFTER undead legacy to get them in your game without issues.  You can do this by renaming the mod folder in your mods folder to make it come after undead legacy mod folders in alphabetical order.

Cool.  If you have further questions about the modding policy, please ask in a separate thread.  Subquake has been patient, and I'd like this to be the last post about it in this thread. - CC

Edited by FatsackTony (see edit history)

9 minutes ago, Olegan said:

Hello, will the expiration date of products be introduced, and in order to increase it, you need to use a refrigerator, and electricity will be required for its operation

спасибо за мод

Not in A20, maybe A21, A22... undecided

2022.01.16 - 2.5.38 Experimental is out:
- Added Russian localization by KelThuZer
- Added Chinese localization by ourbed
- Added Window Store Pane variant to Bulletproof Metal Window block
- Changed Lucky Looter perk scavenge time bonus from 5% to 8% per level
- Changed Looting Action Skill scavenge time bonus per level from 0.5% to 0.4%
- Updated localization for perkLuckyLooter entries
- Updated resourceBulletTip, resourceBulletTipDesc localization
- Updated resourceBulletCasing, resourceBulletCasingDesc localization
- Updated some UI elements to avoid localization go beyond the UI bounds
- Cleaned up localization of currently not used entries
- Fixed salvaging Minibike sometimes giving bicycle wheel
- Fixed twitch integration glitch with commands overlaying voting

2022.01.17 - 2.5.39 Experimental is out:
- Added small chance to find Beaker in Medicine loot
- Added ability to repair Engines and Battery in Maintenance Station
- Added ability to repair vehicles in Maintenance Station
- Added ability to upgrade Battery
- Updated Russian localization
- Increased Medic Action Skill experience gain
- Increased Sand yield from harvesting Desert ground blocks
- Changed Vehicles now requiring their specific repair kits to be repaired
- Changed Cobblestone recipe
- Reduced Repair Kit amount in loot
- Removed Crushed Sand recipe
- Removed Clay harvesting from Desert ground blocks
- Fixed Medic Action Skill not scaling with Fortitude
- Fixed getting acid without acid book when wrenching cars
- Fixed AntiAliasing missing additional options

Have you considered making armor/weapons/tools etc completely disappear if the player lets the durability get to zero? 

Also, is there a way to transfer liquids between glass jars and plastic bottles yet?

And would it be possible to add a slider or number field to select the quantity of item to split from a stack?  I am thinking something like how the game Rust does stack splitting.

Edited by FatsackTony (see edit history)

Have you considered making armor/weapons/tools etc completely disappear if the player lets the durability get to zero?

No, no plans for that, I do want to add a Diablo 2 like HUD overlay indicating that one of your armor pieces is about to break or is broken.

Also, is there a way to transfer liquids between glass jars and plastic bottles yet?

Nice that you brought it up, technically currently there is by using a blue barrel block, pouring water in it, then taking it out with a different vessel, but I'll add a conversion recipe, I wanted to, but I forgot.

And would it be possible to add a slider or number field to select the quantity of item to split from a stack?  I am thinking something like how the game Rust does stack splitting.

I have plans to some day add custom right click context menu when interacting with items in inventory etc, but regarding slider, not sure.

Hello its me again,

my friend and I tried to update the game, pressed the update button in the Mod-Launcher, but the game is still on 2.5.31. Any suggestions? :)

And second, we occupied a building and put our base their, but every 10 days the Zombies there respawn. Is their a way to keep them from spawning?

Thanks for help :)

2022.01.18 - 2.5.40 Experimental is out (Stable Candidate 1):
- Added Titanium Club
- Added conversion recipes for jar and plastic bottle Murky Water
- Updated Russian localization
- Updated drugJailBreakersDesc localization
- Improved healing item action code
- Increased Timed Charge Economic Value
- Increased Timed Charge damage to safes and T3, T4 and T5 loot chests
- Increased Loot T5 Hardened Chest HP from 10000 to 15000
- Reduced Loot T3 Reinforced Chest HP from 7500 to 5000
- Fixed Brick Block Shapes repaired with cobblestone and not bricks
- Fixed Attribute being above max level overlaying level and completion badge
- Fixed all tiers of Maintenance Stations having the same weight
- Fixed not all higher tier workstations requiring previous tiers learned
- Fixed Magnum .44 Revolver attachments not correctly defined and rendered
- Fixed Steel Club Schematic not in loot and trader lists

2 minutes ago, FreshMeat said:

Hello!

Seems that metal containers can't be picked up, even in the land claim block radius...

It is a bug or is intended? They are so expensive...

Thx

Intended, otherwise people wouldn't bother making storage and just pick them up from T4/T5 quests

10 minutes ago, Rathlon said:

I'm wondering how long would it normally take to download this mod?

Cause the Mod Launcher isn't updating the mod to current version, and manually downloading it has infinity% as it's percent state.

So I'm at a lose as to update this mod.

Full download currently should be around 2.4GB, the problem is, a lot of people are downloading the mod right now, so the download speeds can be lower sometimes on peek demand.

Undead Legacy goes Stable with 2.5.41 for A20.0:

The full list of changes with Undead Legacy from 2.5.01 all the way up to 2.5.41 Stable can be found here:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/61362037

Key new features:
- New User Interface with even more quality of life improvements and more options
- New Maintenance Station where you can repair or upgrade your equipment, tools, weapons, vehicles and pretty much anything, that has either durability, quality or both
- New tools and weapons
- Rebalanced item stats with tightly integrated A20 vanilla pipe tier weapons
- New Trader POIs with a brand new from ground up built Trader Jen POI
- And more

Undead Legacy Experimental branch was updated to 2.5.42 for A20.1(b5)

25 minutes ago, kloner said:

Thank you for your titanic work. And such fast and high-quality updates. I have only one question. In order for all these changes to take effect, you need to start a new game?

In reference to what? If you've been playing Undead Legacy 2.5.21 or newer, it should be fine to update and keep playing with that save, anything else - yes, new game.