Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

3 hours ago, Grimmaberdil said:

I love this mod and want to play it in A20, but it will not load (get the F1 dialog box with a massive amount of red text at the launch screen). When will the stable version be out. Miss playing Undead Legacy.

1 hour ago, builder2 said:

I'm having the same problem as Grimmaberdil - continuous scrolling error text - game won't load.  Installed with Mod Launcher 2.1.37.17818

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zfsCUQnhjlNVYqdvqRkKw4-omVGvAsJG/view?usp=sharing

Sounds like you are trying to play with the old 2.X mod launcher, try the 3.X new one:

Download: https://github.com/SphereII/7D2DModLauncher/archive/refs/heads/main.zip
Sphereii's mod launcher discord: https://discord.com/invite/H6k6gDrgNW

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

I will share my impressions about the mod and the new launcher. The mod is still very raw and buggy. This is the only mod in the last couple of years that caused the computer to freeze dead, FPS is 2 times lower than on any other, including vanilla. The installation is like a shaman's dance. Earned with 10 or 20 attempts to install. There are no such problems with any other mod. In my opinion, the balance inside the game is also not optimal, but this is a matter of taste possible. There is potential, but it's still impossible to play it and it's too early

Sorry

the new launcher also still requires stability in operation and habituation

Edited by Slicker (see edit history)

20 hours ago, Subquake said:

Sounds like you are trying to play with the old 2.X mod launcher, try the 3.X new one:

Download: https://github.com/SphereII/7D2DModLauncher/archive/refs/heads/main.zip
Sphereii's mod launcher discord: https://discord.com/invite/H6k6gDrgNW

Thx for the heads up on the launcher - didn't know there was a 3.x. It's in very rough shape as it took multiple install/uninstall cycles to get UL running but it's running now.

I had tried to install the mod manually but it didn't work. Are there new instructions for manual install? Obviously something has changed from A19 version as far as install method goes.

Со вчерашнего дня играю в данный мод (версия 2.5.25). Многое что интересно. Спавн орд зомби, по умолчанию настроен каждые 4 часа, как  мне показалось, это слишком часто, и это мешало лутаться в домах. Только потом, совершенно случайно нашел, что частоту появления орды можно настроить.

Первая смерть была во время красной луны. Патронов было не мало, по 150-250 нескольких типов, для четырех различных огнестрельных оружий. Но зомби было слишком много. После 30-40 зомби, все патроны кончились. Не знаю, это так настроена сейчас в ванильной версии игры, или какие то изменения в расчетах количества зомби, в самом моде.

Во время выживания возник вопрос, можно ли как то повысить качество оружия и инструмента, которые я создаю? 

Прокачал навык владения инструментами для ремонта, а так же прокачал сбор трофеев, но смог скрафтить гаечный ключ только 1-го уровня.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Since yesterday I have been playing this mod (version 2.5.25). A lot of things are interesting. Spanning hordes of zombies, the default is set every 4 hours, as I thought it was too often, and it interfered with the looting in the houses. Only then, completely by accident found that the frequency of the horde can be adjusted.
The first death was during the blood moon.  There was plenty of ammo, 150-250 each of several types, for four different guns. But there were too many zombies. After 30-40 zombies, all the ammo ran out. I do not know if this is set up now in the vanilla version of the game, or what kind of changes in the calculations of the number of zombies, in the mod itself.

During the survival a question arose, whether you can somehow improve the quality of weapons and tools that I create? 

I upgraded the skill of Salvage tools, as well as upgraded the collection of trophies to level 4, but was only able to make a wrench level 1.

И еще один момент. 

Как по мне, крафт булыжников, очень дорогой. Возможно стоит в рецепте сделать не 5 а 1 большой камень, ну или 2.  Да, такой дорогой крафт делает актуальным копать булыжник в домах, но так же делает не актуальным капать камень и создавать его. Было бы замечательно, если бы было актуальны обы способа добычи булыжника. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And one more thing. 

As for me, the crafting of cobblestones, very expensive. Perhaps the recipe should not make 5 but 1 big stone, or 2.  Yes, such an expensive craftsmanship makes relevant cobblestone digging in the houses, but also makes it not relevant drop a stone and create it. It would be great if it was relevant to the usual ways of mining cobblestone. 

Edited by RD9 (see edit history)

I have one major issue and it might be a graphics setting or something on my end. Though hopefully someone knows how to fix it. 

When killing a zombie I hear the sound of a loot bag dropping but never see anything. People I am with see them and loot them. They say to look for a crystal or light beam of some sort... I see nothing at all

1 hour ago, RD9 said:

Во время выживания возник вопрос, можно ли как то повысить качество оружия и инструмента, которые я создаю? 

Прокачал навык владения инструментами для ремонта, а так же прокачал сбор трофеев, но смог скрафтить гаечный ключ только 1-го уровня.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

During the survival a question arose, whether you can somehow improve the quality of weapons and tools that I create? 

I upgraded the skill of Salvage tools, as well as upgraded the collection of trophies to level 4, but was only able to make a wrench level 1.

You can only craft the lowest tier items, but you have to upgrade them in the maintenance station all the way up. Higher tier items may require higher tier maintenance stations.

Крафтить предметы можно только нижнего уровня, но их можно апгрейдить в maintenance station. (Там же и чинить задешево). Более продвинутое снаряжение требует maintenance station второго и третьего уровня.

2022.01.07 - 2.5.26 update is ready:
- Optimized All Action Skill code
- Changed Action Skills when leveled up to carry over excess experience
- Changed all melee weapons to degrade faster with power attacks
- Added ability to disassemble Lead Battery at disassembly station
- Added a dark border to Map Marker icons
- Inactive Map Marker view distance on compass reduced from 1km to 128m
- Inactive Map Marker icons on compass are now partially transparent
- Increased successful Lockpicking Action Skill exp gain by 42%
- Increased Jail Breakers bonus from +50 to +75
- Increased all knife and spear damage
- Increased Cleaver economic value, reduced their damage
- Updated Zombie Name Localization
- Rebalanced most melee weapon economic values and carry weight
- Removed icon pulsing/blinking on Map Screen
- Reduced First Aid Bandage healing from 30 to 25
- Reduced First Aid Kit healing from 180 to 100
- Reduced Wight HP from 1500 to 1000
- Reduced Feral Wight HP from 3000 to 2000
- Reduced Wild Zombie spawn amount by a bit
- Reduced Hardened Chest Lock Pick Tier from 200 to 175
- Reduced ammo in loot
- Pain Killers, Antibiotics, Honey and Vitamins now level up Healing Action Skill
- Fixed failed lockpicking attempts not leveling up Lockpicking Action Skill
- Fixed Trader Jen front door being open
- Fixed missing background for enemy health bar
- Fixed not showing requirement for schematic for Maintenance Stations in crafting info screen
- Fixed being able to repair Pipe Baton with Pipes outside of Maintenance Station
- Fixed Sedan 3 not correctly rendering some variants for Damage 0 and 1 states
- Fixed all 2h axe durability drain being 25% higher than intended
- Fixed drone not healing player in multiplayer
- Fixed Death Penalty not triggering chance to lose Submachine Guns Action Skill loss
- Fixed Submachine Guns Action Skill not leveling up correctly
- Fixed being able to access maintenance station at the same time by multiple people
- Fixed being able to pick up the same block with tile entity by multiple people
- Fixed being able to initialize lockpicking at the same time for the same block by multiple people

I'm having an issue when it comes to coffee in game, I can make the jar type but not the plastic bottle type in the campfire.

I've checked the CM menu for the recipe, and couldn't find any.

Now I'm uncertain if you have it that way so we have to use the coffee machines dotted around in the POIs but the option is in the campfire to make the plastic bottle coffee.

But without a recipe you can't even if you have the materials to do so.

Hello, I like your mod very much,I have a few suggestions。Can you make a military truck Cargo version without wooden boxes?The wooden case feels a bit redundant and doesn't match the car。and more Color like black?Can the Undead Legacy vehicle be painted like A20 Original vehicle? and  Weapons painted like A20 Original Weapons?

If there are more vehicles to be added later, I suggest adding M1126 Stryker Armored vehicles and UH1H/UH1D helicopter/gunship Because these vehicles are often seen in zombie movies like the Walking Dead

Thank you for making a great mod!Consider my suggestion if you can。Your mod is one of my favorite mods!

@Rathlon I'll look into it, maybe forgot to add it, not sure, because I never had the need to craft coffee :D

@wenjie UL vehicles cannot be painted, because of two reasons, one is technical, two is - it's more immersive to find the car variant you want or settle with the one that is the best you can find. I have no plans in making UL weapons paintable, the whole idea of painting weapons to me feels dumb. As for the rest, there is a roadmap for Undead Legacy and my future plans for it: https://ul.subquake.com/roadmap

1 hour ago, Subquake said:

@Rathlon I'll look into it, maybe forgot to add it, not sure, because I never had the need to craft coffee :D

@wenjie UL vehicles cannot be painted, because of two reasons, one is technical, two is - it's more immersive to find the car variant you want or settle with the one that is the best you can find. I have no plans in making UL weapons paintable, the whole idea of painting weapons to me feels dumb. As for the rest, there is a roadmap for Undead Legacy and my future plans for it: https://ul.subquake.com/roadmap

Thank you for making a great mod!

Играю всего 14 дней (игровых), но успел обратить внимание на отсутствие баланса в некоторых моментах.

Странно, что к 14-му дню, мне так и не удалось разжиться велосипедом, всё никак не могу найти велосипедную раму (ни рецепта, ни саму раму). Но при этом уже смог разжиться машиной. Приходилось пешком открывать нового торговца, через весь разрушенный биом (чуть более 2км пути).

Если можно слить бензин с бочек или бензоколонок, то было бы логична возможность сливать бензин из автомобилей. Это было бы здорово.

Учитывая, что получение велосипеда, сильно зависит от рандома лута или товаров у торговца.

До первой кровавой луны, каким то образом в луте попалась бензопила. Да, бензина не так много, чтобы ей часто пользоваться, но всё равно она упала слишком рано.

Вес патронов сильно завышен. Ну ни как не могут 300 патронов весить 8-10 кг. Если сравнивать вес патронов в игре, и тех что в реальности, то получится, что в игре вес завышен, почти в 10 раз!

Спорный вопрос по стоимости рецепта тигеля, и необходимости станции 3-го тира. Быстрее и дешевле тигель можно купить у торговца. С учетом этого, необходимость создавать тигель и его рецепт отпадает.   

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Playing only 14 days (playing), but managed to pay attention to the lack of balance in some moments.

Strangely enough, by the 14th day, I still could not get hold of a bicycle, all I can not find a bicycle frame (no recipe, or the frame itself). That said, I was already able to get a car. Had to walk to open a new dealer, through the whole ruined biome (just over 2km way).

If you can drain the gasoline from the barrels or gas pumps, it would be logical to be able to drain the gasoline from cars. That would be great.

Considering that getting a bike, depends heavily on the randomness of the loot or merchandise at the merchant.

Before the first blood moon, somehow in the loot got a chainsaw. Yes, there is not much gasoline to use it often, but it still fell too early.

Weight of bullets greatly overestimated. Well no way 300 cartridges can weigh 8-10 pounds. If we compare the weight of ammunition in the game, and those in reality, it turns out that in the game, the weight is overstated, almost 10 times!

A controversial issue on the cost of the crucible prescription, and the need for the 3rd range station. Faster and cheaper crucible can be bought from a merchant. With this in mind, the need to create a crucible and its recipe falls away.

Thank you for your feedback RD9

2022.01.07 - 2.5.29 patch is out:
- Fixed quest rewards always giving tier 1 rewards
- Fixed incorrect Concrete Reinforcement requirement to upgrade Concrete blocks
- Fixed Frying Pan having wrong MaintenanceGroup assigned
- Fixed healing effects not stacking using bandages, kits, aloe

I just want to say THANKS for your work Subquake!

Little feedback from 50+ hours in A20 UL:

- In 2.5.28 the random world zombies are too few (is it possibble to mod it back where it was?)

- i got lag sometimes when i looting (not present in vanilla)

- there is a quest bug, i got it 2 times: cant start the quest it says i must come back later but no matter when i try it wont start.

- I got a furnace but the UI was messed up ( no place for mold) when i cheated another it worked fine.

Cant wait for Wellnes rebalance! Congrat fro this MOD!

12 hours ago, Hapidedurva said:

Я просто хочу сказать СПАСИБО за вашу работу Subquake!

Небольшой отзыв от 50+ часов в A20 UL:

- В 2.5.28 слишком мало зомби в случайном мире (можно ли вернуть их туда, где они были?)

- у меня иногда возникают лаги при мародерстве (нет в ванили)

- есть баг с квестом, у меня такое было 2 раза: не могу начать квест пишет надо вернуться позже но сколько не пробовал не запускается.

- Я получил печь, но пользовательский интерфейс был испорчен (нет места для плесени), когда я обманул другую, она работала нормально.

Не могу дождаться ребаланса Wellnes! Поздравляю с этим модом!

В моде существует возможность настроить спавн орды зомби. Можно настроить частоту спавна и количество зомби.

Настройка называется "Wandering Hordes", во вкладке Expert.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In the mod it is possible to configure the zombie horde spawn. You can customize the frequency of the zombie spawn and the number of zombies.

The setting is called "Wandering Hordes", in the Expert tab.

Hi Subquake.

I wanted to offer feedback on the new lockpicking system. I feel the mod now forces you to sink many points (up to 16 skill points to get tier 3 lockpick) just to now get the end POI loot from tier 4 and tier 5 missions/buildings.

I have NO interest in any skill in the tree that lockpicking is in so now I can either accept I can never get loot for the end game POIs or waste a LOT of points simply to access what I feel I should have access too anyway.

My suggestion would be to to lower the lock rating for the end POI loot (maybe keep safes as they are) as its not fair to punish players for clearing POIs but restricting their loot based on their playstyle, Or, considerably lower the points cost to get lockpicking 3, Or, (my favourite) return to how it used to be before.

The mod remains excellent and a must have mod, but for me, the new lockpicking is a huge step back, could you advise how I can edit the XMLs myself to lower the lock ratings please 

Thank you

Tom

Edited by Gamertom (see edit history)

7 hours ago, RD9 said:

В моде существует возможность настроить спавн орды зомби. Можно настроить частоту спавна и количество зомби.

Настройка называется "Wandering Hordes", во вкладке Expert.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In the mod it is possible to configure the zombie horde spawn. You can customize the frequency of the zombie spawn and the number of zombies.

The setting is called "Wandering Hordes", in the Expert tab.

Not the wondering horde was nerfed. "Reduced Wild Zombie spawn amount by a bit" The streets are empty like in vanilla.

16 minutes ago, Hapidedurva said:

Not the wondering horde was nerfed. "Reduced Wild Zombie spawn amount by a bit" The streets are empty like in vanilla.

Turn on Feral Sense and increase wandering horde sizes and it'll be just as crowded, A lot of people were complaining, that they just couldn't play UL with feral sense on, plus the performance issues. Spawns are 2x the vanilla vs 3x before during day and 6x during night of vanilla vs before 8x

2022.01.09 - 2.5.30 is out:
- Changed Firewood icon to be simpler
- Changed console command poireset to now fully reset a POI, including all sleeper zombies
- Improved code for checking if user is interacting with block in multiplayer
- Fixed when trying to pick up all from container with full inventory dropping items on ground
- Fixed inaccurate prices for vault doors and hatches
- Fixed Leather Knuckles having no sound and giving console errors
- Fixed healing items not treating Abrasion
- Fixed not being able to upgrade Mining, Firefighter, Football and SWAT helmets
- Fixed not being able to repair Nail Gun in Maintenance Station

2022.01.09 - 2.5.31 Hotfix:
- Fixed Police batons not obtainable (not being in loot or trader lists)

Getting close to stable release :)

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)