Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

Working on expanding leather related stuff ingame, here's how Thin and Thick Leather will look like:

unknown.png

The idea is, so that early to mid game armor will require thin leather, including padding for metal armor such as scrap and iron, but for steel and titanium armor and mid to end game you will be required to have thick leather for thick padding etc. There will be two ways to get thick leather - either by layering thin leather or by hunting bears :)

What about quest and missions? Do you have a plan for collectable ittems and more quest? For me is a great motivation to collect all weapons.

Quest only rewarded items is something I want to do yes. In the immediate future there will be a quest planned to be added, that will reward you a blueprint to craft an electrical spear. And it might require you to kill something tough with a basic/stone spear, for example x amount of zombie dogs. :)

Those kind of things would be icing on the cake and not a huge priority atm, because I'm focusing now on the global overall progression and how crafting will evolve while you level up. Quests will never lock you out of basic stuff and the rewards usually will give some slightly enhanced versions for you to craft. I don't plan to have much quests, that give actual items.

Subquake... You do more to this game in a couple of months then the pimps do in over a year...

Much thanks to you .

There's a lot going on under the hood on what The Fun Pimps are working. Casual players don't even notice those things. As a programmer I totally understand them and the fact, that improving and expanding code takes time. not to mention that they said, that some people have made over 50 new prefabs for A17 and edited old ones. From some unofficial sources I heard, that they are making the game more friendly in regards to mods, hopefully we modders will be able to do even more cool things with A17 :)

My goal is to increase immersion with mostly what the vanilla game mechanics can provide with a little bit of assistance of SDX custom code by adding more things and variety in regards to content. I won't be competing with teams like Starvation mod has in regards with new game mechanics, because I'm just one guy doing all this at my free time :)

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

Farming will be changed in Undead Legacy 2.0 and will be very different from vanilla - you won't really need to hoe that ground anymore. Instead you will craft planters with seeds and will have to water them time to time. After a while the planters will produce crops and a small chance of seeds. You won't have to re-seed them. In terms of maintenance instead of re-seeding the plants like in vanilla, you will have to water them with a watering can after harvesting to make them grow again.

Also planters with UV lights on top of them are also planned for indoor farming.

2x2 Clay Planters (Potato example):

Gy7afV1.png

2x4 Clay Planters (Potato example):

vxCwn7i.png

More plants will be added as well such as carrots and wheat.

opq9eNQ.png

Also I'm working on adding automatic oil pumps for end game (with animation and sound of course):

unknown.png

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

Hi all. Just discovered this awesome mod.

My friends and I want to make our own private hosted server. Can anyone recommend a server manager that will allow this mod? We've checked into a couple that don't allow it or you have to use their own.

Thanks in advance.

My friends and I want to make our own private hosted server. Can anyone recommend a server manager that will allow this mod? We've checked into a couple that don't allow it or you have to use their own.

Thanks in advance.

I used https://www.g-portal.com to host my server, decent price for decent quality, hosted in germany. You have to install the mod through ftp server access with program like FileZilla or WinSCP.

Thanks in advance.

I use gamerzfactory.de with ftp server access change the files.

Thanks in advance.

You can use vultr

You have to set it up yourself, but very cheap 5 usd per month.

You can find free trial coupon on internet.

Hi! Just a quick question here,

I'd like to change the stacksizes of the twigs, the resin, the planks, plantfibers, coal and smallstone. Unfortunately I am unable to find them in the item xml file. Am I using the wrong name to search them there, or are they in another xml file?

Love the mod but further ingame it's pretty annoying to only be able to stack 1000 planks or small stones.

edit: I found rockSmall

Edited by ROXXlE (see edit history)

Hi, this mod is awesome!!!!

i was thinking and maybe will be very usefull if we can add thing to the storage that are allready there automatically?

Thank you!

Maybe some day, but not in the nearest future.

Here's some more sneak peak from what's to come - custom modeled book shelves with variations:

Front:

unknown.png

Back:

unknown.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ok this mod is nice sow we trying to installing on our server (ftp) copied everything en go to the server login in and yes the mod is working but now we have problems, the houses disappear en we falling the world, playing on navezgane is that maybe the problem? we want to play so hard this mod but true the problems is it not playable. Anybody ideas to help?

Edited by freaky005 (see edit history)

ok this mod is nice sow we trying to installing on our server (ftp) copied everything en go to the server login in and yes the mod is working but now we have problems, the houses disappear en we falling the world, playing on navezgane is that maybe the problem? we want to play so hard this mod but true the problems is it not playable. Anybody ideas to help?

That's not an issue related to the mod. Maybe your server isn't stable or something? Try reinstalling the game on the server? Undead Legacy doesn't change anything related to world generation or houses or how they are rendered.

• 2 weeks later...