Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

Do you have a rough idea on timeframe for it to be playable? Like which would be a closer guess if you had to, 2 weeks or 2 months? I apologize for being impatient as I’m sure you’re working as hard as possible, it’s just I won’t play the game without your mod so I’m just curious. Thanks again for all your hard work

Do you have a rough idea on timeframe for it to be playable? Like which would be a closer guess if you had to, 2 weeks or 2 months? I apologize for being impatient as I’m sure you’re working as hard as possible, it’s just I won’t play the game without your mod so I’m just curious. Thanks again for all your hard work

This week I will be working on overhauling Vanilla A17 perks, if I have enough time, I want to start adding custom workstations by the end of the week.

BwdEfJo.jpg

Are you going to release a ui standalone version?

No, this UI will be part of my Undead Legacy mod.

And please, before hating on me for this decision, think about it, if I can make the games UI looking like this, imagine what the mod will be like so please don't be hateful for this decision of mine, trust me, I know what I am doing.

Reason why I don't want it to be standalone - vanilla UI is missing some features, that I want to have in the mod and I am not a fan of the art style The Fun Pimps are going for with the game. The user interface is a means to set the mood/theme of my mod, which is going to be sci-fi fallout/xcom/resident evil themed setting with a mix of old, modern and futuristic elements, that are planned to be introduced in the course of next 1-2 years of the mods development in small regular weekly patches.

If I see this user interface I want it to be associated with my Undead Legacy mod and not the vanilla game experience. I don't have anything bad to say against The Fun Pimps, I am very thankful for them making the game and allowing us to mod it and share it with you guys, but I want to bring my own vision on how I want this game to look, behave and perform, which is going to be Undead Legacy.

This decision isn't taken lightly, because I had mixed feelings about should I or shouldn't I release it as standalone or not and after more than a year of indecisiveness I have concluded to not release it standalone.

But the future is not dark and gloomy, once I am fully done with updating everything I can for the user interface during the development of the mod, I have plans to work on a spin off user interface, that would look similar, but not exact copy of the Undead Legacy UI, for example it would be with main colors from the orange spectrum and not green.

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

No, this UI will be part of my Undead Legacy mod.

And please, before hating on me for this decision, think about it, if I can make the games UI looking like this, imagine what the mod will be like so please don't be hateful for this decision of mine, trust me, I know what I am doing.

Reason why I don't want it to be standalone - vanilla UI is missing some features, that I want to have in the mod and I am not a fan of the art style The Fun Pimps are going for with the game. The user interface is a means to set the mood/theme of my mod, which is going to be sci-fi fallout/xcom/resident evil themed setting with a mix of old, modern and futuristic elements, that are planned to be introduced in the course of next 1-2 years of the mods development in small regular weekly patches.

If I see this user interface I want it to be associated with my Undead Legacy mod and not the vanilla game experience. I don't have anything bad to say against The Fun Pimps, I am very thankful for them making the game and allowing us to mod it and share it with you guys, but I want to bring my own vision on how I want this game to look, behave and perform, which is going to be Undead Legacy.

This decision isn't taken lightly, because I had mixed feelings about should I or shouldn't I release it as standalone or not and after more than a year of indecisiveness I have concluded to not release it standalone.

But the future is not dark and gloomy, once I am fully done with updating everything I can for the user interface during the development of the mod, I have plans to work on a spin off user interface, that would look similar, but not exact copy of the Undead Legacy UI, for example it would be with main colors from the orange spectrum and not green.

Love it!

O year that's can be awesome =)

This week I will be working on overhauling Vanilla A17 perks, if I have enough time, I want to start adding custom workstations by the end of the week.

Why won't you first make it work as is, and then add features? Because that's exactly what we just saw with A17 - instead of fixing bugs and releasing what is already there, they were adding and adding stuff, thus delaying A17. And here we go again... Just get it working with whatever the features are there already, and then add-modify-override-update and so on, huh? :)

Why won't you first make it work as is, and then add features? Because that's exactly what we just saw with A17 - instead of fixing bugs and releasing what is already there, they were adding and adding stuff, thus delaying A17. And here we go again... Just get it working with whatever the features are there already, and then add-modify-override-update and so on, huh? :)
The games experimental version has barely been out for a week and you are already worrying about some mod author spending time and perfecting his creation? Many big mod authors/teams don't even plan to release their mods before A17 Stable. Stop complaining, TFP had their reasons, I have mine.

Patience is a virtue :)

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

LIME ….. GIVE IT A DAMN REST .. The modders are working on their Mods .. AND They will be READY when they are READY to release it … same with the Fun Pimps … people like you are a Pain in the Butt

Thank you Subquake for a great mod .. DON'T Worry Take all the time you need … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Yeah lets release an early experimental version of a mod for an early experimental version of alpha17.

Are You serious?

Sub, if TFP don't add a level cap, do you plan on adding one to this mod? having max everything feels a little too OP. I've already requested a vanilla levelcap of about 150 in the steam forums, and may do so here on the official forums as well.

I think Lime is anxious to get his/her hands on UL asap. We all are. It is hands down one of the best mods out there. Unfortunately, in his/her effort to share that it came across as disrespectful and pushy. There are reasons why UL is a great mod or any mod become legendary like it. Its the care, creativity, and patience of the modder that makes it that way. When it's all said and done, it's just fun to play. Give Sub the time he needs to make the mod great again. OOps I said it.

Further improved map view:

Rh5VeZW.jpg

Also I have some progress regarding perks, I have managed to make a Mastery perk with 100 levels, that levels itself up, when you level a mastery perk, you become better at doing certain things, for example Blunt Weapons Mastery Perk, that increases blunt weapon performance (damage, attack speed, etc). There is no way to show an experience bar in A17 Perk view, but when you will level it up, you will see a notification buff for 10 seconds and a level up sound accompanied with a tooltip text:

LtWG6Oi.png

LIME ….. GIVE IT A DAMN REST .. The modders are working on their Mods .. AND They will be READY when they are READY to release it … same with the Fun Pimps … people like you are a Pain in the Butt

Thank you Subquake for a great mod .. DON'T Worry Take all the time you need … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

or.. you could just make your own mods and not have to worry about anyone updating it, or certain rules about reusing it, asking anyone anything on here, i mean it does make perfect sense just to make your own instead of relying on anyone..