A16 - Unlocking In-Game Prefab Editor (Terrain Tools) [.dll mod]

herrpohl

This is awesome! You are the Man Herrpohl!!!

Pimp O' the Year?

Thank you!

What's this about the region files? Can you elaborate more?

There's no region folder created, so you can't load an old map in this mode, it's purely for creating prefabs from what I see. I initially thought it was a world editor seeing only the terrain tools at first. So you have to save your prefab before leaving the game.

Thank you!

There's no region folder created, so you can't load an old map in this mode, it's purely for creating prefabs from what I see. I initially thought it was a world editor seeing only the terrain tools at first. So you have to save your prefab before leaving the game.

So I'm more interested in the terra forming tools (prefabbing I got)... are you saying that I can terraform, but not save the region, therefore making terraforming not useful? Or would I have to save the terraformed area as a prefab?

(man I wish I could try it myself, but I have to wait a few hours!)

So I'm more interested in the terra forming tools (prefabbing I got)... are you saying that I can terraform, but not save the region, therefore making terraforming not useful? Or would I have to save the terraformed area as a prefab?

Maybe if he changes to the regular game it will be able to create and save region files

I wonder if this will be updated with future patches. Would hate to fall in love with it and then its gone. Unless you will be updating?

It's easy to keep it updated.

You can save the terraformed area as a prefab.

I made a little test here.

First I selected the area of the prefab.

OICvLfv.jpg

Then cleaned it out.

Fn1aFlf.jpg

I added stone layers.

481Pxzc.jpg

Then a grass layer.

bPbQa5Q.jpg

Terraforming.

AEuPLj4.jpg

Added a little house.

9pIu22D.jpg

Then I selected the whole thing. I built a dirt pillar so I could select it properly, I haven't figured out if there's a key to raise the selection box layer.

qy4Xpzw.jpg

I saved it by pressing 'k', choosing dynamic prefab, then you give it a name and save it. It's saved in the prefab folder by default. You can immediately paste it anywhere on the map.

AT8yKBN.jpg

I kinda already do this in Hal's editor, but my project was going to be to terra form Nav into a new map... it's tedious to do it as a prefab, then have to find the exact new spot and insert it, and I know it's a lot to ask considering you just found this gem, but if you could find a way to get it to save region files, that would be fantastic.

I could try loading a game in SP mode and then switch to Edit mode with a Hex editor.

They are painting the Nav map by hand, there's a terrain map in the game files, they probably don't use any in game tool for the terrain. If I try to change a really big area my game crashes.

So it's an RGB based height map, that they then add prefabs manually to... hm. Have you tried editing/changing the height map colors, to see if it generates the new heights?

Then, someone could write a height map editor and call it a day. :)

Can you post the height map?

I can change an existing world to Edit mode, but it still won't save the regions. Sorry Guppy.

It's a grayscale height map:

zG81Qbh.jpg

The game is currently set to read the nav terrain from the games directory but there's a mode to change it to read from dtm so it might be possible. You could just export an image from Google Maps and use it as a dtm, that's possible with other games.

When Im in game with this if I turn on Debug mode I get a few more options including save game while hitting escape. So far it does save the game but no region file shows up just a player map file for the game. Man wish it could be done to edit it then somehow be able to load the edit game with regular game and save what has changed.

You have to select the block you want to use on your toolbar and then press L. I found that E changes the color of the box, Q brings in the coordinate system. P somehow teleports you around but I don't know what's the use of that.

I still haven't figured out how to increase the height of the selection box though.

Lights can be switched on and off.

Oh, when you hold-press Q you can move the selection box around with the mouse.

There's some sort of weird z/q combination I accidentally found that'll resize the height of the selection. Trying to reproduce.

- - - Updated - - -

Z, make the selection.

Shift-Q to move the arrows.

Archived