SMX - By Sirillion

Sirillion

I love your UI and am using this! One question, is there a reason you attached all the buffs/quests/level&dayTime etc to the compass window and not say the toolbar? This way they wouldn't disappear when you open your inventory. Changed most of this for myself (except day/time since it throws an error i haven't figured out yet) but either way I love your UI looks. Thanks for your work!

I love your UI and am using this! One question, is there a reason you attached all the buffs/quests/level&dayTime etc to the compass window and not say the toolbar? This way they wouldn't disappear when you open your inventory. Changed most of this for myself (except day/time since it throws an error i haven't figured out yet) but either way I love your UI looks. Thanks for your work!

Good morning,

I attach it to the compass because I don't want them to interfere with the different windows when going into the forge, inventory, campfire etc.

I play and develop in 1080p but I have to think about people playing on other resolutions as well so the easiest way is to just have them dissappear when you open windows instead of risking them overlapping at some point due to some frames like quests and buffs being dynamic in their size.

Hope that answered your question and thank you for using my mod, I hope you enjoy it.

Any way to get new instructions how to set this up with the Extended backpack mod so it looks nice or we still use the old scaling down etc instructions of the SirModv5? thanks by the way looks awesome man!!!

I can't seem to remember giving instructions on how to do so. I've never used Extended Backpack, are you sure you didn't get instructions from that Mods maker?

But I presume that the ways that worked before will work with this one also.

I hope you get it to work for you and that you enjoy SMX :)

Good morning,

I attach it to the compass because I don't want them to interfere with the different windows when going into the forge, inventory, campfire etc.

I play and develop in 1080p but I have to think about people playing on other resolutions as well so the easiest way is to just have them dissappear when you open windows instead of risking them overlapping at some point due to some frames like quests and buffs being dynamic in their size.

Hope that answered your question and thank you for using my mod, I hope you enjoy it.

That does explain it. I appreciate the explanation! I am enjoying it and thanks for all your time you put into it. Also, your code format makes it really easy to modify if one so chooses. Very clean! Good work all around!

I can't seem to remember giving instructions on how to do so. I've never used Extended Backpack, are you sure you didn't get instructions from that Mods maker?

But I presume that the ways that worked before will work with this one also.

I hope you get it to work for you and that you enjoy SMX :)

you're absolutely right, my bad but if it helps this is what i was talking about if you have anypointers as i use a 5x15 grid for 75 slots on the backpack?

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?34533-Backpack-Expansion

Thanks!

Tried to SDX your Mod but didn't have any luck, kept getting some weird errors but will keep trying. ;)

you're absolutely right, my bad but if it helps this is what i was talking about if you have anypointers as i use a 5x15 grid for 75 slots on the backpack?

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?34533-Backpack-Expansion

Thanks!

Tried to SDX your Mod but didn't have any luck, kept getting some weird errors but will keep trying. ;)

Hmmm, at the top of my head I would modify the item_stack section of the controls.xml and the windowBackpack section of the windows.xml files. I would reduce the cell sizes so that the entire grid becomes smaller, much like what I did with the toolbar in SMX which is 10% larger than a normal toolbelt.

By doing it that way you can reduce the size of the backpack only and keep the size of the rest of the UI.

This is not tested by me btw, it is just a suggestion but it should be possible. You just have to find a cell size that matches your grid to the rest of the windows.

About SDX, I've never used SDX so I cannot help you there :)

Edit: If you compare my modified <SMX_tb_item_stack_uf1> with the standard <item_stack> sections of the controls.xml in SMX you will see which parts I modified. If you modify the same parts only as an reduction you should hit gold soon enough.

Thanks man! oh and SDX is pretty simple to be honest. I just keep getting an error when loading the game itself and can't pinpoint what or where to look maybe you can give me a hint since is in the game itself here is a screen just in case. i'm not familiar with console commands to get the info sorry :(

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=760811752

Thanks man! oh and SDX is pretty simple to be honest. I just keep getting an error when loading the game itself and can't pinpoint what or where to look maybe you can give me a hint since is in the game itself here is a screen just in case. i'm not familiar with console commands to get the info sorry :(

Yeah that screen doesn't tell me much. But I am sure there are some other SDX gurus in this forum that can help you out with that one :)

My apologies, Sirillion. I don't mean to step into your thread.

elpuertorro: Could you post your game's output.txt file, on pastebin.com? Looks like you have a duplicate value in your XML. The output.txt may help shed some light on what file it was reading.

-SphereII

My apologies, Sirillion. I don't mean to step into your thread.

elpuertorro: Could you post your game's output.txt file, on pastebin.com? Looks like you have a duplicate value in your XML. The output.txt may help shed some light on what file it was reading.

-SphereII

Will do and thanks at least now i know where to look , here you go!

here is the output file

http://pastebin.com/mVyjsn38

And here is my SMX4SDX XML code

http://pastebin.com/eW4hs7Lh

Thanks for anyhelp you can provide Sphereii and sorry Sirillion for highjacking your post once i sort it out and it works i will send you the link for the converted to SDX file!

Maybe I should post this under the SDX forum to keep Sirillion's thread clean??

posted here:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?49774-A-little-help-with-a-conversion-to-SDX&p=495056#post495056

Thanks and apologies Sirillion.

Greetings,

I just want to inform everyone that I know that the A15 experimental is out. I am however in the middle of my work rotation at the moment and I will not be home until Monday the 26th. I have the means to work on it here but I need to rest between shifts and as such working on the mod with all the changes A15 brought is a bit much.

I will release an updated version of the mod when I get back home but probably not until the 28th or something as spending time with my loved ones takes priority the first few days.

I hope this is ok by everyone and that I can rely on your patience until then.

-S

heya, mod works great, got a small dilemna. I installed your mod ui into valmods extended mod, then added his new workstations into the xui.xml. but i did not touch anything in the other 3 xmls except the needed #s for backpack extension. and i have this lil dude ( a white line )lingering perhaps you know where i have to look to remove it ?

817743309_7dtdweirdline.thumb.jpg.ed369f460f47843b44fcfc3f5df7f29f.jpg

heya, mod works great, got a small dilemna. I installed your mod ui into valmods extended mod, then added his new workstations into the xui.xml. but i did not touch anything in the other 3 xmls except the needed #s for backpack extension. and i have this lil dude ( a white line )lingering perhaps you know where i have to look to remove it ?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16593[/ATTACH]

If you read further back I'm sure this was addressed somewhere in here just can't recall. search for "ghost line" or "ghostline" i think is what was used when referring to it.

nah it was a use case by myself you fixed it up to work with valmod for me was a </ in one of the xui files i believe styles.xml not sure but worked perfect when ya pointed that out.

edit: was a </ruleset> in the xui.xml was the issue spot hope this helps

hola, so after checking the lasts posts i went to try out the fixes Sirillion had proposed to someone else just to realist that they are already implemented. I will check with xmlvalidator all the ui related xmls just in case.

-edit- xmlvalidator found no errors in xui.xml, controls.xml, windows.xml and styles.xml.

-edit2- since i do not want to screw things up ill wait for Sirillions response about the ghostline i am getting under my compass :/

hola, so after checking the lasts posts i went to try out the fixes Sirillion had proposed to someone else just to realist that they are already implemented. I will check with xmlvalidator all the ui related xmls just in case.

-edit- xmlvalidator found no errors in xui.xml, controls.xml, windows.xml and styles.xml.

-edit2- since i do not want to screw things up ill wait for Sirillions response about the ghostline i am getting under my compass :/

The method proposed earlier is still valid for fixing this issue. It depends on the resolution you run it on and as I cannot test all the resolutions you kinda have to mess around with it yourself.

If you're using Notepad++ to view and edit the xml files, I recommend using the XML Tools plugin. It's one less step in checking the validity of your xml. I find it much more convenient than any other tool for checking my code, since I write it in N++ anyway. :)

(Sorry for the brief hijacking) ;)

Archived