SMX - By Sirillion

Sirillion

Doesn't seem to push the modded files to clients connecting to my dedi (A15 (b94))correctly. I've verified the files are the SMX files on the server, in the correct paths. Upon client connect @ console no errors and shows receiving xml files from server, but when I check my client files they are all defaults. This is true for myself on Windows 10 running the client and my friend on his Mac. You can test on my dedi if needed; Boa's 7 in modded category. Only other mod I've applied is Allocs server fixes rev. 293.

Here is the server output from TelNet through myself connecting. There is the one error about could not send package to client, if that is relevant.

2016-09-28T17:58:20 969.853 INF PlayerLogin: Boa Constrictor/Alpha 15
2016-09-28T17:58:20 969.853 INF Token length: 1368
2016-09-28T17:58:20 969.853 INF [steamworks.NET] Auth.AuthenticateUser()
2016-09-28T17:58:20 969.854 INF [steamworks.NET] Authenticating player: Boa Constrictor SteamId: 76561197999154088 TicketLen: 1024 Result: k_EBeginAuthSessionResultOK
2016-09-28T17:58:20 969.854 INF Allowing player with id 76561197999154088
2016-09-28T17:58:20 969.854 INF [EAC] Registering user: EntityID=-1, PlayerID='76561197999154088', OwnerID='', PlayerName='Boa Constrictor'
2016-09-28T17:58:20 969.855 INF [EAC] Log: [RegisterClient] ClientID: 4 PlayerGUID: 76561197999154088 OwnerGUID: N/A PlayerName:
2016-09-28T17:58:20 970.004 INF [steamworks.NET] Authentication callback. ID: 76561197999154088, owner: 76561197999154088, result: k_EAuthSessionResponseOK
2016-09-28T17:58:21 970.807 INF RequestToEnterGame: 76561197999154088/Boa Constrictor
2016-09-28T17:58:21 970.912 ERR NET: UNET: Could not send package to client 1 (NoResources)
2016-09-28T17:58:21 970.912 WRN NET No resources to send data to client (EntityID=-1, PlayerID='76561197999154088', OwnerID='76561197999154088', PlayerName='Boa Constrictor'), backing off for 0.5 s
2016-09-28T17:58:21 971.242 INF [EAC] UserStatusHandler callback. Status: ClientAuthenticated ReqKick: False Message: Client authenticated
2016-09-28T17:58:26 976.016 INF Time: 16.01m FPS: 45.42 Heap: 443.4MB Max: 624.9MB Chunks: 1090 CGO: 11 Ply: 1 Zom: 1 Ent: 2 (6) Items: 0 CO: 1
2016-09-28T17:58:34 984.288 INF RequestToSpawnPlayer: 171, Boa Constrictor, 12
2016-09-28T17:58:34 984.325 INF Created player with id=171
2016-09-28T17:58:34 984.328 INF GMSG: Player 'Boa Constrictor' joined the game

20160928215239_1.thumb.jpg.24f06fb23edbe40bf4b5ad8863084354.jpg

This happens when the game cannot find the sprites and that means that you either have the folder incorrectly placed or you have modified the code so that the sprites cannot be found. So unless you have modified the code then the position of the Mods folder is the only thing that can affect this.

Check the Mods folder path and make sure it is correct. It should be "...\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\SMX\ItemIcons". If the path deviates from that you will need to make changes so that it is correct.

Also check that the "ModInfo.xml" file is located inside the SMX directory of the Mods path.

You can also check the console when you log into the game. Press F2 to open the console then scroll up and verify that it loads SMX.

No the smudge thingy should not be visible. I am aware of that and will see to get it fixed in the next release.

Hope this helps you, if you cannot get it fixed with this please get back to me and we will investigate further.

-S

Hi Sirillion

I neglected to mention this is installed on a dedicated server.

I have the dedicated server files in a custom location as I'm still running a 14.8 server.

My path is actually C:\Experimental\Mods\SMX\ItemIcons

My 14.8 server is also in the root of C: (they are there because C: is a fast SSD), also running SMX and it's fine.

As it's on a dedi server, pulling up the console on my local PC show no mention of SMX.

Thoughts ?

Cheers

Edit: Server log shows this, so seems to be loading ok.

2016-09-29T11:57:36 0.644 INF [MODS] Trying to load from SMX

2016-09-29T11:57:36 0.645 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: SMX (15b88r06e)

2016-09-29T11:57:36 0.645 INF [MODS] Loading done

@Boa_2K7: I cannot seem to find the server you are listing in the server browser but I started a local dedicated and connected to that and the UI pushed as it should. Remember that the client must also have the Mods folder "installed" on his computer as the custom sprites does not push. Also when the server push the UI it only uses the UI on the server, it does not copy any files to the client.

@pgriffith: I can only imagine that it is because of the custom location. Try changing them around and see if that makes a difference.

There are no changes to the modded files with b94 so the current version still works.

-S

Hi Sirillion

The 14.8 server is also in a custom directory

C:\7DTD Dedicated Server\ etc etc

Your SMX mod works fine in that one, was there a substantial change between the two versions?

The custom path/location has no effect on the old version.

Cheers

Then I am at a loss. There were some changes but not anything that would indicate issues like this. In my testing it works in sp, mp and ds so the mod itself I am confident is ok.

Have you checked to see that the Mods folder is correctly placed with the client also or just the server?

Then I am at a loss. There were some changes but not anything that would indicate issues like this. In my testing it works in sp, mp and ds so the mod itself I am confident is ok.

Have you checked to see that the Mods folder is correctly placed with the client also or just the server?

There was no mods folder in the client directory, so I copied it there and now it works fine.

I wasn't actually aware that it needed to be there as well as on the dedicated server, I thought it all came from the server.

Might want to make a slight amendment to your installation instructions on the first page so people are aware it's needed there as well.

Cheers mate

There was no mods folder in the client directory, so I copied it there and now it works fine.

I wasn't actually aware that it needed to be there as well as on the dedicated server, I thought it all came from the server.

Might want to make a slight amendment to your installation instructions on the first page so people are aware it's needed there as well.

Cheers mate

I will do that. Glad to see it work for you.

Got it to work on my A15(b94) dedi. Seems the path of the Config folder in the archive is missing one level. Should be Data/Config as opposed to just Config. I dropped the Config folder from archive into my server Data folder and overwrote files, Mods folder is in root 7DtD server install folder and then added the Mods folder to 7DtD install on client and bam! =) Although in hindsight, the dedi probably doesn't need the Mods folder from the archive.

Too bad you had trouble finding my server, I'd have been honored. =) It is there, in modded category....Boa's 7.

Works well.... but.

As soon as I put this new version on both my dedicated server and my local client, when I exit the game I get pages of errors as shown in screenshot. Everything had been fine until I installed this new version.

I then have to end the game via task manager.

nullref.thumb.jpg.4344855942a9a795b043b6479c558729.jpg

Cheers

Works well.... but.

As soon as I put this new version on both my dedicated server and my local client, when I exit the game I get pages of errors as shown in screenshot. Everything had been fine until I installed this new version.

I then have to end the game via task manager.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17288[/ATTACH]

Cheers

We get the same thing.

It's just me being a dingbat again. I play with the enhanced buff frames and I forget to change them before I pack it up. Sorry about that, it is fixed now if you want to download again or you can just go into xui.xml and set the buff frames to the standard setting.

change

<window name="SMXBuffFrame4" anchor="LeftBottom" />

to 

<window name="SMXBuffFrame2" anchor="LeftBottom" />

Hey Sirillion! Unfortunatley it doesn't seem to work on Macs, my friend gets a bunch of ???. He has the Mods folder placed in his 7DtD install path. If I recall correctly, on A14.7 he had the same issue at first, but with later revison it did work for him but we didn't need to place the Mods folder manually. I think you had that taken care of over the netowork or something. Anyway, hopefully you can get it worked out...really love the mod!

Hey Sirillion! Unfortunatley it doesn't seem to work on Macs, my friend gets a bunch of ???. He has the Mods folder placed in his 7DtD install path. If I recall correctly, on A14.7 he had the same issue at first, but with later revison it did work for him but we didn't need to place the Mods folder manually. I think you had that taken care of over the netowork or something. Anyway, hopefully you can get it worked out...really love the mod!

Ok, thanks for telling me, that is good to know as I was testing out a new way to place textures as an offline solution.

I will update it with an online and offline version later tonight.

You can do something like "@file:Data\Config\XUi\assets\[image]", tried it yesterday on my mod, saw it somewhere on the forums here

Will not work apparently as that is similar to the method used.

@Dibbler: Check the date for the files that will be replaced with the modded files. If the date equals the update then there are changes made and the mod might not work, if not then you're good to go.

Thanks for that :)

As I did a full wipe from the last experimental build to this new one, build 104, all the files have today's date on them, both created and modified, and thus appear to be newer than those within the mod, whether they are different or not I do not know.

Thanks for that :)

As I did a full wipe from the last experimental build to this new one, build 104, all the files have today's date on them, both created and modified, and thus appear to be newer than those within the mod, whether they are different or not I do not know.

Ok, according to Red Eagle, no changes were made to the affected files so it should still be good.

New Version - 15b104e r08 - O/L

Good evening,

I've just packed up a "new" version of the mod.

The mod has now been split into two branches. The online and the offline version.

No other changes!

If you plan on playing SP and/or on DS or if you are playing on a windows client then you should download the offline version.

If you plan on hosting a DS or if you are playing on a non windows client then you should download the online version.

Hope this corrects some of the issues between systems, and as always, get back to me with any issues.

-S

Good evening,

I've just packed up a "new" version of the mod.

The mod has now been split into two branches. The online and the offline version.

No other changes!

If you plan on playing SP and/or on DS or if you are playing on a windows client then you should download the offline version.

If you plan on hosting a DS or if you are playing on a non windows client then you should download the online version.

Hope this corrects some of the issues between systems, and as always, get back to me with any issues.

-S

Thank you good sir! Should have time to test this on my dedi with my Mac buddy tonight.

Archived