True Survival

Spider

Just to make sure there is no confusion. This mod is not out yet for A18 and it will probably be another few weeks before its ready for open testing. True Survival was last published for A16.2 and since then there has been major code changes to the game so its not as easy as just updating the mod, it has to be completely re created from scratch. When finished this mod will be a COMPETE OVERHAUL meaning many of the main xml files will be completely deleted and re written from scratch by me. This means that very few of the current Modlets will be compatible with TS A18(If I do my job right you should not need them). After TS-18 is out it shouldn't be to hard for Modders that want to to make their modlets compatible.

@jprasch-

That is yet to be seen. I haven't added in all the things that might effect it yet. I do know I will be using a few dll fixes that will help with frame rate but I will also be adding a ton of stuff that could effect it. Wont really know until the testing phase.

• 3 weeks later...

@-Holo-

I think the plan is to use Nitrogen for the maps. From what I have herd and seen it seems better than vanilla.

@Everyone

Howdy all. Just wanted to pop in and say thanks to everyone that has donated and sent encouraging messages, your support helps keep me focused on the goal. Little update. Mod work is going well, I have put my self on a Moding schedule so to stay interested and focused but not burn out on it. Just recently purchased a few large asset packs. I wont give to many specifics on them because we want them to be a surprise. What I will say is we will have a large assortment of new "enemies". My goal is to be able to start basic play testing sometime near the end of Jan. Not a set date could happen sooner or later.

One little note. I will be looking for some help to fix all the POI's before release. This is open to anyone that wants to help and knows how to use the POI editor. Example of some of the things I'm looking at fixing for POI's are - removing the lighted paths / removing the fixed paths through POIs / Replacing the fun house zombie spawns / Removing all lights / Some loot adjustment. Its ok if you want to do just one or 100 POI's, whatever you are interested in doing is fine. Just post that your interested and I will get with you with more information.

Again thanks for all the support and I hope everyone has a great Christmas and Happy New Year

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

@-Holo-

I think the plan is to use Nitrogen for the maps. From what I have herd and seen it seems better than vanilla.

@Everyone

Howdy all. Just wanted to pop in and say thanks to everyone that has donated and sent encouraging messages, your support helps keep me focused on the goal. Little update. Mod work is going well, I have put my self on a Moding schedule so to stay interested and focused but not burn out on it. Just recently purchased a few large asset packs. I wont give to many specifics on them because we want them to be a surprise. What I will say is we will have a large assortment of new "enemies". My goal is to be able to start basic play testing sometime near the end of Jan. Not a set date could happen sooner or later.

One little note. I will be looking for some help to fix all the POI's before release. This is open to anyone that wants to help and knows how to use the POI editor. Example of some of the things I'm looking at fixing for POI's are - removing the lighted paths / removing the fixed paths through POIs / Replacing the fun house zombie spawns / Removing all lights / Some loot adjustment. Its ok if you want to do just one or 100 POI's, whatever you are interested in doing is fine. Just post that your interested and I will get with you with more information.

Again thanks for all the support and I hope everyone has a great Christmas and Happy New Year

Hnnnnnnngh.

This sounds so amazing it's ... amazing!

nitrogen for the map, and removal of the POI POS Lighted paths \o/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Update-

Things are going surprisingly smoothly. If everything keeps going well it looks like I'll be opening up a test server sometime during the last week of the month. This weekend I have finally gotten to a point where I have been able to play the first day or two of the mod and it feels good to enjoy playing 7D2D again :bounce:. There is still a ton of work to do but its coming together nicely. Also please remember that the Test Server will be the beginning not the end so do not expect to play long term games at all at the start. Whenever I have fixes to up load the server will be wiped and restarted without notice. As the mod gets more developed and bug tested it will wipe less until its ready for release to the public. Thanks all and stay tuned.:rockon:

Update-

Things are going surprisingly smoothly. If everything keeps going well it looks like I'll be opening up a test server sometime during the last week of the month. This weekend I have finally gotten to a point where I have been able to play the first day or two of the mod and it feels good to enjoy playing 7D2D again :bounce:. There is still a ton of work to do but its coming together nicely. Also please remember that the Test Server will be the beginning not the end so do not expect to play long term games at all at the start. Whenever I have fixes to up load the server will be wiped and restarted without notice. As the mod gets more developed and bug tested it will wipe less until its ready for release to the public. Thanks all and stay tuned.:rockon:

Awesome news... Thanks so much for doing this.

In preparation of open testing Guppy has been generous enough to allow True Survival to have a channel on his Discord Server. The channel is in the Hosted Mods section and the channel is named "spiders_webshop". I will still post announcements and updates here but for day to day communication, mod development and quicker response I will be posting and communicating more there.

Official True Survival Test Server

Client pack will only work for joining the server. The mod is about 63% finished so server is still for testing mainly but feel free to hop in and check it out if you want to. I will update the server with the current working build frequently. As the mod gets more complete it will wipe less and when close to finished I will release it for SP and server builds. When joining remember these words "don't expect too much and you wont be let down" have fun.

Server and Password info is in Read Me file in download. Password will change when a new client pack is uploaded

Terms of use:

Because this is a unfinished test build please do not use any part of this mod for anything. Code, Assets, Icons, anything. When I release the Mod completely I will list out what parts can be used and can't more completely. Thank you.

https://github.com/SpiderJZMOD/TS18Client

Here are the updates to the server for the last few days.

-------------------------------------------------- Server Update ---------------------------------------------------------

-quickened stamina loss when eating

-fix bite to not be able to fire on same hit that grabbed you

-Added Bleed Icon

-Added Bleed to Bite

-Added Stat info to wound system descriptions

-Fixed more recipes

-Fixed Hunger and Thirst descriptions

-Fixed Research Desk to work when player is not in it

-Fixed Server crashing error

-Lowered Cooking Pots in Stoves

-Lowered Bears at night in Dessert and Forrest

-Fixed Can Food to give Food Poisoning instead of Dysentery

-Fixed preferring negative numbers on stat comparing

-Fixed so you can only have one untreated Bite at a time

-Added Recipe for Honeycombs to Honey

-Fixed (again) Wellness and Health triggering correctly from consumables

-Added more of Sizemore's redon POI's

-Updated animal harvesting

-Fixed Bad Leg Buff to only be able to trigger no more than once every 15min

-Added missing cooking recipes

-Fixed ingredient amounts on some cooking recipes

-Fixed stat display on some foods

-Changed tires to scrap to rubber

-Added parts icon to machine tool parts(new icon later)

-Lessened Explosives in mailboxes

-Changed Dirty Drink of water and Empty Jars to stack to 15

-Fixed Furniture and Drift wood not to drop their selves

-Added Grab icon

-Starting to balance XP Systems

-Action XP Skills are set to 25 points per lv (1 point for breaking block)

-Weapon Skills are set to 25 points per lv (1 point for hitting 5 points for killing)

-Crafting Skills have 5 lvs - how many you have to craft per lv, lv1 / lv2 /lv3 / lv4 / lv5

-Primitive Tools/Weapons & Building Tools - 5/10/20/40/50

-Iron Tools/ Weapons & Gas Tools - 10/25/50/75/100

-Steel Tools/ Weapons - 25/50/100/150/200

-Firearms - 50/100/150/200/250

-Known Bug slight problem with Health bar not being able to be filled to the current max.Max Fatigue and Health should always be the same. I'm working on it.

-Servers up

*If you have the client and cant log into the server it means the PW has changed and you need to download the new client pack with the new password.

@mr.devolver-

The server is for testing and finishing the True Survival mod for A18. Long term games are not possible at the moment. Cheat is on and there are no negative effects to dyeing at the moment(but all effects last through death). Server is not PVP unless you and a friend want to test it and have an agreement. We are usually getting through the first couple days maybe to the first horde before needing to wipe for fixes and changes. Please feel free to hop on and try out the Mod but remember that it can be updated, wiped or crash at any time.

@mr.devolver-

The server is for testing and finishing the True Survival mod for A18. Long term games are not possible at the moment. Cheat is on and there are no negative effects to dyeing at the moment(but all effects last through death). Server is not PVP unless you and a friend want to test it and have an agreement. We are usually getting through the first couple days maybe to the first horde before needing to wipe for fixes and changes. Please feel free to hop on and try out the Mod but remember that it can be updated, wiped or crash at any time.

Thanks for clarification, I guess I will try and see then. I like to test new stuff, especially complex overhauls.

--------------------------------------------- Server Update -------------------------------------------------------------

-Added the Natural Healing Buff when you have a Healthy Diet and Above 95% Full

-Added 4 Hunting Skills Small Game, Large Game, Small Predator, Large Predator

-Each Hunting Skill has 3 Levels

-First Level grants better harvesting from the given group of animals

-Second Level grants even more harvesting loot from given animals

-Third grants the ability to track the given animals when crouching(Not working yet)

-Increased the speed you heal on all beds

-Server Wiped NO CLIENT DL NEEDED

-------------------------------------------------- Server Update ----------------------------------------------------

-Changed toilets to be made of stone

-Fixed Hunger and Thirst Tool Tips

-Unlocked Wooden Spikes recipe

-Fixed spikes to be placed then upgraded with sticks

-Fixed Stoneaxe to upgrade with sticks

-Fixed some recipes

-Fixed Stone terrain to drop small rocks

-Fixed Small and Large Logs to be able to scrap to sticks

-Fixed Building leveling system now works correctly

Use the given tool to break world blocks of the associated material and harvest the items to build the blocks. Experience is gained by using the tool to upgrade blocks. 50 upgrades per level. First level teaches tool recipe second teaches building material.

-Server Updated NO CLIENT DL NEEDED