True Survival

Spider

The Charred zombies seem to give me problems. I am playing with three guys, while I host. Whenever someone walks into a burned forest, I get constant errors of NulReferences... Any ideas how to fix this? We all fresh installed your mod 3 times by now.

Bandits add new fear and dimension so I am glad you added them :)

Hmm they spawn fine in testing and playing for me. If you could could you post your output log so i can see what error your getting? So I can get it fixed.

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

I included the log file in attachments. Thanks for being so active!

This is the latest one, after making sure everything was fresh and clean installed: [ATTACH]18320[/ATTACH]

This is with a (I think) a clean install as well: [ATTACH]18320[/ATTACH]

Ahhh found it. Wasnt the Charred Zombie it was the normal Burnt Zombie. Fixed it. give me a min to pack it up and you can download it

Followers are great! You know I was skeptical about them, but they are fun and refreshing experience. They can be really helpful without being OP. I tried to exploit it and gathered eight of them around my base for the horde night. But they didn't help much. First, they are not too smart, and second they are still mortal :) Kinda a refreshing addition/replacement to spikes. At first they were too numerous to the point of immersion breaking, but it seems you nerfed them. Maybe further tweeking will be needed, but it's too early to say.

One of the followers (the crossbow guy) seems broken and cannot attack.

Haven't met bandits or new zeds yet.

I did this. Are you sure its not their exploding bodies doing it? their spit shouldn't do much damage to players or structures its the explosion on them that will mess your base up

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I don't mind them damaging me or my base. I want to disable their damage to terrain (dirt, sand, snow), because the area around your base becomes ugly very quickly. It is not about challenge but about frustration. Their explosions don't damage terrain, can their puke do the same?

Did you tweak stamina? I seem not to lose stamina when digging (stone shovel).

Earthworm, sharpening stone and the new unlabled can have no icons.

Labeled crates still can be crafted without requirements (skill, level).

Update 12/10/2016-

Fixed Fat Zombies special moves

Lowered Follower Spawn

Increased Stone Shovels stamina use

Fixed Icons and Descriptions for Bite wound stages

All cars now have a chance to set off car alarms when opened. Car alarm will make noise and attract zombies.

Will not break save

Earthworm, sharpening stone and the new unlabled can have no icons.

Also Venisontenderloin and Porkbelly.

ME/TO/CA/PO KABOB recipe is missing Potato.

You decreased the range of the Fat Zed's puke, but it seems he doesn't know that :) so he often 'undershoots'.

CircularSaw has a 'read' action, intended?

@ unlike- yes you can use it to learn to craft planks or keep it as a tool on a workbench. Its also used in some recipes.

Yes I want his range to be like 5-8 blocks not far. The Cop it the long range one.

@minisith-

Soon as SDX is done I can add it back in.

Update 12/11/2016-

Important bug fixes

Fixed Wood Working Bench recipe

Followers should target all zombies now. They still have a problem when something is at their feet.

Decreased Stone Axe damage on terrain

*will not break save game*

I hate to ask because I love the mod and don't want to seem ungrateful, but which zombie is the puking one (not the cop one, the fat one)? I want to edit him to be a rare spawn. I never liked the puking but sense cops were isolated and rare I never minded it (in vanilla) but the fat guy shows up all the time and it just bugs me.

Also, with followers, I've only seen one and he was killed by a zed before I could get to him (didn't know they were a thing and thought he was a raider!) and learn of him. I was curious, if you get them to follow you back to camp, when they are done following do they wonder off or stay in place? Do they despawn after a certain time or will they stay around until they die? Attack zeds from a distance? I think it could be a really cool addition!

Edited by tilarium (see edit history)

You can punch a follower and he will follow you for 30 sec (repeat after that). So you can take him to your base. There he stays put in one place, but when he sees a zed he approach him, at least those followers who are melee. So they become more spread out eventually. They don't seem to despawn, but they still can die. It is a really cool, game changing addition, lots of fun! But since the last patch there is a bug when a follower starts shooting at you after you punch him, some people on our server already died of this, so I'm not punching them until it is fixed.

And if you are a doctor, you can heal your followers.

And if you are a doctor, you can heal your followers.

Since I am playing currently as Doctor with my two mates, I was wondering if it would be possible to heal them as well. After crafting, I don't have a lot of to do early game, except gathering recourses for my friends. I am fine with that, but it would be so awesome if I could heal and perhaps even revive friends. I just imagine the stress in a horde or some other battle with zombies and running to a mate to heal him, while the other one keeps blasting supporting fire :)

We are at day 8 though, so it's gonna be more challenging for the Doctor as well, but healing others would be so cool :)

Perhaps this is already possible in some sort of way which I am not aware of though haha

@tilarium-

The fat zombie that pukes and explodes is not the same as the Cop. Cop shots long distance Fatty shoots about 3-10 blocks. Cops puke is acid, burns you, does high amount of damage to blocks. Fattys puke does not hurt that much at all and does very little block damage, If hit by it it will make you stink and attract more zombies. Cops explosion will kill you most of the time. Fattys explosion does not do a lot of player damage but a lot of block damage. I really dont see the point in removing them. If you did the game would be a cake walk with no challenge but when in a city.

Followers will stay where you put them and fight only zombies. Think of them like little turrets that you move around and have to keep alive.

@ unlike them-

If someone is having Followers attack them I need to know what one so I can investigate.

@ nibortreab

Doctors can make 4 Doctor Shots. One heals, one gives Stam burst, one is a Stam drain, and one give the Z virus. They can be fired by a Bow, Crossbow or Hunting Rifle. The Healing and Stam Burst Shots can be used in hand on yourself also.

@ nibortreab

Doctors can make 4 Doctor Shots. One heals, one gives Stam burst, one is a Stam drain, and one give the Z virus. They can be fired ion a Bow, Crossbow or Hunting Rifle. The Healing and Stam Burst Shots can be used in hand on yourself also.

Thanks, I knew you could shoot some shots into mates and into an enemy but didn't knew which was the Healing shot :).

Does friendly fire have to be on for the shots to have effect by the way? We've had some.... experience with explosives for example so friendly fire is currently off haha.

@Unlike them-

I agree, relying on yourself with health is better, but when you are grabbed and stunned, it might help that someone else heals you when you fight off the zombie for example. Sometimes, the toolbelt isn't that reliable when switching to a slot to heal yourself imo

Ok, I've made it to the 'Iron Age'. Here is my feedback:

- First, I was levelling woodworking to lvl 75 to unlock cobblestones. I was crafting log cabin blocks and planks. First levels were really fast so I was afraid Spider hasten woodworking too much, but later levels grew slower and slower and all in all it took me a while. It felt kinda grindy and resulted in a huge number of planks I probably will never use.

- When I unlocked cobblestones, I already had stoneworking 15 just from crafting stone tools (no grinding). After that I was just crafting cobblestones from the materials that I had amassed beforehand. To get to stoneworking 75 took me some days but not too long. Stoneworking 75 unlocks Forged Iron (mid game in my book). And I have the impression, that if I wanted to take a shortcut and grind stone axes from the start, I would get to the Iron Age much faster (but insane from boring grinding). My way wasn't felt grindy at all and all those cobblestones will find their use in my base building.

- In my opinion, we should shorten Wood Age even more (30% maybe), but make Stone Age longer (30-50%). Because there are more ways to level stoneworking, while woodworking has very limited ways to level (log cabin, planks, wood frames, spikes). And I think that Stone Age should last longer than Wood Age (and Iron Age even longer).

Everything above is total IMHO, so let other people share their impressions about progression they experience.

@ unlike them-

Congrats on getting to Iron Age. Maybe instead of tinkering with how much XP per level we could increase the Wood Crafting recipes XP. And maybe lower some of the Stone Working recipes XP. No growing tomatos yet, they have their own plant and I need SDX to put them back in.

@nibortreab-

Yes you have to be able to hurt each other for the Doctor Shots to work.

*Thought*

New Doctor Shot made with Anti Virals and other meds that would instant kill zombies and make zombies explode! (not Cops and Ferals)! Thoughts?

*Thought*

New Doctor Shot made with Anti Virals and other meds that would instant kill zombies and make zombies explode! (not Cops and Ferals)! Thoughts?

That would be epic! It will add more to doctor too!

BTW Do followers health slowly regenerate over time?

I have been attacked by followers twice. First time it was one with an smg or ak shooting me until i died. Second time it was one with i think a pistol or magnum? Both times it was fairly soon after the follower had fought with zombies, so i am guessing that the NPC mistakes you for a zombie if a zombie hit him and he hasnt healed up yet or something similar. So far this is all i can say.

@nibortreab-

Yes you have to be able to hurt each other for the Doctor Shots to work.

*Thought*

Thanks for the confirmation, will prevent a lot of frustration ;)

Regarding your thought, I have not been able to really test the shots. I like the idea of 'canceling the infection' effect though. It would be useful against a type of spider zombie, the fast walking type, because it wouldn't go down after 14 arrow headshots for example.

Perhaps you can add some kind of smell or sound shot in the future as well, to lure zombies away from your position when looting in a town for example.