A Clockwork Project

Clockwork Orange

Sigh, now that I'm seeing all these changes, I'm gonna have to play 7Days again for a bit.

Good to see you back, I just recently made some changes to weather survival but honestly I am not liking it any better than vanilla, and dont really recommend using the Experimental Weather Survival patch, I tried to make biomes have larger temp swings and it works but the problem is that the temp changes too quickly and it seems more tedious than anything.

I will leave it available in case someone might like it but honestly I think the vanilla system is pretty much the best way it can be done at least until TFP fix how insulation works. Insulation needs to work like Rimworld no other method is going to work properly at least not in my eyes and it just sucks but whatever.

I will revisit this aspect after A 15 drops and see what I can do to make it better but I think I am going to have to abandon the idea of making it snow in the forest and plains biomes simply becasue the temp changes to quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

Update (9/11/16)

Fixed Infection can now properly be cured with antibiotics, herbal antibiotics, and honey poultice instead of just counteracting it.

Buffs:

Changed: Increased infection cure rate to -2 per in game hour from -1 for each type of antibiotic used.

<buff id="recovering" duration="2400t" ondebuff="recoveryRemover" requires="infection" mutex="cured,recoveringSmall,recoveringTiny" stack="reset" actions="increment(infected, [color="#FFFF00"]-2[/color], 100t, 0, 0);buff(recovering2);buff(recovering3);buff(recovering4)" icon="ui_game_symbol_pills" name_key="Recovering" description_key="You are recovering from an infection." tooltip_key="Recovering from infection"/>
<buff id="recoveringSmall" duration="1200t" ondebuff="recoveryRemover" requires="infection" mutex="cured,recovering,recoveringTiny" stack="reset" actions="increment(infected, [color="#FFFF00"]-2[/color], 100t, 0, 0);buff(recovering2);buff(recovering3);buff(recovering4)" icon="ui_game_symbol_pills" name_key="Recovering" description_key="You are recovering from an infection." tooltip_key="Recovering from infection"/>
<buff id="recoveringTiny" duration="600t" ondebuff="recoveryRemover" requires="infection" mutex="cured,recovering,recoveringSmall" stack="reset" actions="increment(infected, [color="#FFFF00"]-2[/color], 100t, 0, 0);buff(recovering2);buff(recovering3);buff(recovering4)" icon="ui_game_symbol_pills" name_key="Recovering" description_key="You are recovering from an infection." tooltip_key="Recovering from infection"/>

Nice this mod sounds cool. We played your let me decorate mod for awhile. Looking forward to trying this one. Does this one have the water collector and the chicken coops too?

Yup it does, I recommend you read the full mod details google docs page since it goes into a lot more depth as to what the mod entails. Specifically in regards to hygiene, infection and fatigue systems.

Nice. Will definitely be checking it out. Are you bug hunting alpha 15 yet clockwork? Ive been glancing over the reports and one of the reoccurring posts is a keyboard failure with Windows 7 and that the game wont exit without a memory error. I dont know enough about coding unity to even know where to start looking.

• 3 months later...

Update (12/31/16)

Happy New Year!

A 15 Stable Version Now Available!

All files were updated but I will only post the most relevant info!

+Recipes

-Removed recipes for crafting weapon parts. ( You now have to scavenge for parts or use the trader!)

+Buffs

-Improved blood loss mechanic from using blood draw kits!

-You can now only use a blood draw kit up to 4 times a day maximum in quick succession, using it a 5th time will kill you, you must wait 5 in game hours to fully recover from one use of the blood draw kit. Consuming a blood bag will restore 50% of blood loss from one use of a blood draw kit!

-With the added hygiene mechanic from before you will also have an increased chance of infection based on your current hygiene level, the dirtier you are the higher the chance for infection. If you are clean you will 0% chance of infection during use.

+Blocks

-Changed Omnigel Station is now the Chemistry Station

+Items

-Changed Fertilizer is no longer a permanent use item for the ground, and it no longer affects crop yield! Fertilizer is used directly on freshly planted crops to upgrade the plant to skip one of its growing stages to allow for doubling the grow speed!

+UI

-Changed UI so the textures are now loaded directly from your local storage rather than online!

-This means you need to install 7 Days to die on your C:\ Drive in order for it to find the file path.

-If your game is not installed on your C:\ Drive I will supply other options for you in the near future!

if you change

texture="@file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\ACPIcons\UI/WatchBottom03.png"

to

texture="@file:Mods\ACPIcons\UI\WatchBottom03.png"

it wont matter where they install 7 Days.

Oh nice!

This is great, thanks man!

- - - Updated - - -

Update (12/31/16)

+Windows

-Changed file path directory for watch UI so install directory no longer matters! Thanks to DUST2DEATH for the information!

• 2 months later...

Hi clockwork, I have a question can I just use the unofficial xml from this overhaul on the latest alpha 15.2?

Because the original unofficial xml is for alpha 14, when I applied it to the latest version I got some red texts showing up.

Thank you!

• 5 weeks later...
Hi clockwork, I have a question can I just use the unofficial xml from this overhaul on the latest alpha 15.2?

Because the original unofficial xml is for alpha 14, when I applied it to the latest version I got some red texts showing up.

Thank you!

Hey sorry for late response, I have not updated the xml files for Unofficial xml fixes for now that thread is mainly for comments since most of the xml mistakes have now been taken care of by the devs and there should be no real need to download the files now anyways. But I will try get around to updating it when i get a chance.

can't play the mod. after a short time I get errors playerfile could not be saved. than, if you try to quit the game it's impossible and I had to force quit. all progression in game than is not saved and you start at the beginning again. I never had such a thing in any mod.

I am not to sure what could be causing any issues, I have play tested my mod for a good while and the only error showing up is a stupid tutorial tip from a quest so I fixed that in hopes that it will solve the issue since it constantly spams the same error it might help by just removing it altogether.

So now that I updated the mod make sure to verify integrity of game cache in steam for 7 days to die and then re-download the mod and make sure the files get merged properly and everything should be ok.

- - - Updated - - -

Update (4/10/17)

+Quests

-Removed unnecessary tutorial tooltip from quests that was causing an error.

you can't add new tooltips because they decided to hard code them all as an Enum O.o

The error you see is when the game tries to save the player and can't find the tooltip name in the Enum list

Ok that makes sense, at least that makes me feel more confident that the issue is now fixed. Thanks Stompy!

Yes I can confirm this. You cant add Journal entrys but you can use and move the triggers for all vanilla journal tips you want to. So you can give a ton of info to the player as soon as they join the game

That is actually a great idea since my mod does implement complex buff systems I can give a bit of a tutorial. Thanks man!

Archived