A Clockwork Project

Clockwork Orange

Update (8/10/16)

+Entityclasses

-Slightly reduced HP of pigs and deer

+Items

-Increased durability of hunting knife to be on par with the rest of the tools and weapons

+Recipes

-Increased cost of hunting knife to 5 forged iron to balance repair amount due to increased durability

Note: All melee weapons have had there bonus damage to head reduced to 2X instead of 4X due to skills increasing weapon damage X4.

What this means is that melee weapons will feel like they do slightly less damage until you have maxed out your Blunt weapons skill and have purchased Pummel Pete for eg. everything has been balanced for late game damage with maxed skills and perks!

To put this into perspective:

Zombie heaths have not changed except for snow zombies which have had their health increased by 50 to 500 from 450

Zombie Tiers

1. 150Hp

2. 200Hp

3. 300Hp

4. 500Hp (snow zombies)

5. 1200Hp (Ferals bears, and zombie bears, this has been reduced from 2800 due to re balancing all weapon damage, including guns)

Level 1 wood club does 5 base damage, hitting a zombie on the head deals 10 damage, having maxed skills in blunt weapons and pummel pete = 20 base damage and 40 damage to the head requiring 3.75 which effectively means 4 head shots with a lvl 1 wood club to kill the lowest HP zombies at 150 HP, this does not take into account a critical strike while stunned or sneak attack which are both X3

Level 600 wood club does 10 base damage, hitting a zombie on the head deals 20 damage, having maxed skills in blunt weapons and pummel pete = 40 base damage and 80 damage to the head requiring 2 head shot with a lvl 600 wood club to kill the lowest HP zombies at 150H HP, this does not take into account a critical strike while stunned or sneak attack which are both X3

Level 1 iron club does 10 base damage, hitting a zombie on the head deals 20 damage, having maxed skills in blunt weapons and pummel pete = 40 base damage and 80 damage to the head requiring 1.875 which effectively means 2 head shots with a lvl 1 iron club to kill the lowest HP zombies at 150 HP, this does not take into account a critical strike while stunned or sneak attack which are both X3

Level 600 iron club does 20 base damage, hitting a zombie on the head deals 40 damage, having maxed skills in blunt weapons and pummel pete = 80 base damage and 160 damage to the head requiring 0.9375 which effectively means 1 head shots with a lvl 600 iron club to kill the lowest HP zombies at 150 HP, this does not take into account a critical strike while stunned or sneak attack which are both X3

Level 1 barbed club does 20 base damage, hitting a zombie on the head deals 40 damage, having maxed skills in blunt weapons and pummel pete = 80 base damage and 160 damage to the head requiring 0.9375 which effectively means 1 head shots with a lvl 1 barbed club to kill the lowest HP zombies at 150 HP, this does not take into account a critical strike while stunned or sneak attack which are both X3

Level 600 barbed club does 30 base damage, hitting a zombie on the head deals 60 damage, having maxed skills in blunt weapons and pummel pete = 120 base damage and 240 damage to the head requiring 0.8333 which effectively means 1 head shots with a lvl 600 barbed club to kill the tier 2 zombies at 200 HP, this does not take into account a critical strike while stunned or sneak attack which are both X3

Level 1 Spiked club does 30 base damage, hitting a zombie on the head deals 60 damage, having maxed skills in blunt weapons and pummel pete = 120 base damage and 240 damage to the head requiring 0.8333 which effectively means 1 head shots with a lvl 1 spiked club to kill the tier 2 zombies at 200 HP, this does not take into account a critical strike while stunned or sneak attack which are both X3

Level 600 Spiked club does 40 base damage, hitting a zombie on the head deals 80 damage, having maxed skills in blunt weapons and pummel pete = 160 base damage and 320 damage to the head requiring 0.9375 which effectively means 1 head shots with a lvl 600 spiked club to kill the tier 3 zombies at 300 HP, this does not take into account a critical strike while stunned or sneak attack which are both X3

Level 1 Sledgehammer does 40 base damage, hitting a zombie on the head deals 80 damage, having maxed skills in blunt weapons and pummel pete = 160 base damage and 320 damage to the head requiring 0.9375 which effectively means 1 head shots with a lvl 1 Sledgehammer to kill the tier 3 zombies at 300 HP, this does not take into account a critical strike while stunned or sneak attack which are both X3

Level 600 Sledgehammer does 50 base damage, hitting a zombie on the head deals 100 damage, having maxed skills in blunt weapons and pummel pete = 200 base damage and 400 damage to the head requiring a critical strike to the head to kill a snow zombie at 500 HP, and can also bring down a feral with 3 head shots, animals like bears do not allow for head shots as far as I know.

Thank you so much for the quick response to that. I can't speak for everybody, but I can at least speak for the group of people I play with. We certainly appreciate the time and effort that you have put into creating this mod. It adds a whole new dynamic towards surviving and encourages team play on our server. I'll certainly gather some feedback for you once we have had a chance to put the update through the ringer.

As far as my groups' server goes; It is indeed private, and is Eastern Time out of Kentucky. Anybody that may be interested in joining us can kick it with us on TS @ teamspeak.righttorule.com.

Thank you so much for the quick response to that. I can't speak for everybody, but I can at least speak for the group of people I play with. We certainly appreciate the time and effort that you have put into creating this mod. It adds a whole new dynamic towards surviving and encourages team play on our server. I'll certainly gather some feedback for you once we have had a chance to put the update through the ringer.

As far as my groups' server goes; It is indeed private, and is Eastern Time out of Kentucky. Anybody that may be interested in joining us can kick it with us on TS @ teamspeak.righttorule.com.

You are welcome :), hope you guys continue to enjoy the mod and continue to leave feedback as well since I have limited time to actually play test everything. Cheers!

Update (8/11/16)

Due to scaling effects of difficulty settings I have had to balance everything for nomad settings which is 100% entity damage and block damage for players and zombies since it is so much easier for me to calculate using 100% scaling.

I personally like the balance feel of playing on survivalist and so I have made changes to all "hands" entity and block damage so that Nomad is actually vanilla Survivalist settings!

I highly Recommend playing on Nomad (default) difficulty! This is actually exactly equivalent to playing on Survivalist in the vanilla game!

This also opens up more options to make the game even harder for those of you that thought Insane was not Insane enough! :)

Version A 14.7 only

+Items

-Increased handMaster DamageEntity from 10 to 20

-Increased handZombie DamageEntity from 10 to 20

-Increased handBurningZombie DamageEntity from 12 to 15 (since they add the burning buff and the fact there flesh is burnt and thus weakened I felt their direct damage should be slightly less than normal but still increased from default)

-Increased handCopZombie DamageEntity from 20 to 40

-Increased vomitZombieProjectile DamageEntity from 10 to 20

-Increased stingHornet DamageEntity from 15 to 30

-Increased handZombieDog DamageEntity from 18 to 36

-Increased handZombieDog DamageBlock from 18 to 20 (Wanted to slightly increase the dogs ability to shred through blocks)

-Increased handBear DamageEntity from 30 to 60

-Increased handFeralZombie DamageEntity from 50 to 80 (Since I decreased feral health I wanted to make them hit like a truck!)

-Increased handFeralZombie DamageBlock from 40 to 50 (I figured Ferals should be able to tear through blocks at the same speed as bears!)

-Increased handFeralZombie Range from 1.9 to 2 (This is entity damage range!, Since I decreased Feral health I also wanted them to have a further reach!)

-Increased handFeralZombie Block_range from 1.8 to 3 (This is the block damage range!, I wanted Ferals to hit blocks at the same range as bears!)

+Entityclasses

-Increased Feral approach speed from 0.5 to 0.8 (They should now walk much faster!)

-Increased Feral NightApproachSpeed from 1.2 to 1.3 (To put this into perspective, Dogs approach speed is 1.4 and they are hard to outrun and their NightApproachSpeed is 1.6 which is impossible to outrun.)

Update (8/11/16)

Version A 14.7

This one is for you Zemekis! :)

+Items

-Increased Pipe Bomb entity damage from 130 to 200

-Increaed explodingCrossbowBolt entity damage from 100 to 200

-Increased dynamite Explosion.BlockDamage from 900 to 1000

-Increased dynamite Explosion.EntityDamage from 200 to 500

+Blocks

-Increased TNT EntityDamage from 100 to 700

-Slightly increased stone yield amount from mining stone from:

<drop event="Harvest" name="rockSmall" count="13" />

<drop event="Destroy" name="rockSmall" count="12" />

to:

<drop event="Harvest" name="rockSmall" count="14" />

<drop event="Destroy" name="rockSmall" count="19" />

-Slightly decreased drop chance of small engines and batteries from cars

I will work on adding more types of traps soon as well! Cheers! :)

Update (8/11/16)

Version A 14.7

+Blocks

-Added trapSteelFireSpike (has 2 hit points and breaks and downgrades to regular steel spike after being stepped on twice, the buff it applies is only applied on the first time walked on and will not apply on the action of it breaking and downgrading into a steel spike)

-Added steelSpike can now be upgraded with 2 gas using any upgrade tool to trapSteelFireSpike which applies a new buff that adds both bleeding and burning at the same time.

+Buffs

-Added <buff id="bleedingBurningSmall" actions="buff(burningSmall);buff(bleeding)" duration="1" /> (this buff only lasts for one second and its soul purpose is to apply two buffs at once)

+Items

-Added gasCan to Allowed_upgrade_items of all upgrading tools

Update (8/12/16)

Version A 14.7

+Progression

-Removed explodingCrossbowBolt recipe unlock from RPG Crafting

-Added New Explosives Crafting Perk

-Explosives Crafting now unlocks:

-gunPowder at Lvl 1 which requires Science Lvl 10

-mineCandyTin, pipeBomb, mineHubcap, mineAirFilter, rScrapIronPlateMine at Lvl 2 which requires Science Lvl 20

-dynamite at Lvl 3 which requires Science Lvl 30

-explodingCrossbowBolt at Lvl 4 which requires Science Lvl 40

-Tnt at Lvl 5 which requires Science Lvl 50

+Localization

-Added name and description keys for New Explosives Crafting Perk

Update (8/12/16)

Version A 14.7

+Progression

I had to break all of the explosives crafting perks into 5 different stages due to the number of recipes that perk unlocks

-Removed Explosives Crafting Perk

-Added Explosives Crafting Stage 1, Explosives Crafting Stage 2, Explosives Crafting Stage 3, Explosives Crafting Stage 4, Explosives Crafting Stage 5 Perks

+Localization

-Added name and description keys for all Explosives Crafting Perk stages

Update (8/13/16)

Version A 14.7

+Blocks

-Activated Sleeping is awesome buff to all beds

-Activated Road runner buff for running on asphalt

-Removed ability to directly pick up goldenrod, cotton, chrysanthemum since you can no longer craft seeds you have to punch them to get a seed.

+Items

-Reduced metal damage of stone axe

+Recipes

-Increased cost of crafting stone blocks due to the increase in stone yield from harvesting them

+Buffs

-Added new Fatigue system:

-You will now have to find a bed to sleep in even if its not your own

-After 24 hours of staying "awake" you will become tired, every 24 hours your fatigue will increase to a progressive stage of tiredness.

-Sage 1 Tired -decreases movement speed by 10%

-Stage 2 Pretty Tired -decreases movement speed by 20% and -1 stamina per second

-Stage 3 Very Tired -decreases movement speed by 30% and -2 stamina per second

-Stage 4 Extremely Tired -Decreases movement speed by 40% and -2 stamina per second

-Stage 5 Insanely Tired -Decreases movement speed by 50% and -2 stamina per second

-Stage 5 Dead Tired -Decreases movement speed by 60% and -2 stamina per second

-Stage 6 Death! (7th day)

-After 6 full days without sleep on the 7th day you will die of sleep deprivation

-Standing on a sleeping bag, bed, or mattress for 24 seconds will decrease your tiredness state by one stage

-Once you have slept for long enough you will become well rested which lasts for about 18 hours until that buff will fade and you will have about 6 hours before you become tired again, this buff is visible and you will know when you are well rested.

-For every hour you remain awake you will have to stand on a bed/sleepign bag for 1 second so after 24 hours of being awake takes 24 seconds to become well rested, stay awake for 12 - 18 hours and you only need to stand on a sleeping bag for about 12 - 18 seconds each night

-Sleeping bags and beds also now give you a very small health and stamina buff over time to simulate recovery

-Running on asphalt will allow you to run further distances before draining your stamina due to the added road runner buff

Update (8/14/16)

Version A 14.7

I have reworked infection, and added Hygiene and they now work in unison for a much more complex health system.

Curing an infection now takes time.

1 antibiotic per day will reduce infection stage by 1 each day, only one antibiotic per day to reduce infection by one full stage, taking more will do nothing but reset the timer and waste antibiotics, you will see the buff wear off so you can know when another dose is needed.

herbal antibiotics only lasts for 12 hours and so it is only half as effective and will require 2 per day to reduce infection by one full stage, you will see the buff wear off so you can know when another dose is needed.

honey poultice only lasts for 6 hours and so it is only half as effective as herbal antibiotics and will require 4 per day to reduce infection by one full stage, you will see the buff wear off so you can know when another dose is needed.

You can not combine different antibiotics, after taking one type of antibiotic you must wait for it to wear off before taking a different type.

Resting on a sleeping bag or bed will have increased recovery time and speed up curing an infection, better beds have a better impact on curing infection.

With the new added hygiene system the dirtier you are the more likely you are to become infected from all wounds inflicted by zombies and spikes etc.

Infection is slightly more deadly at all stages but for each stage there is a counter for its deadlyness.

Stage 0 infection is not visible but now causes a small stamina loss of 1 per second,

Stage 1 infection will now cause you to lose 1 Health every 30 seconds as well as 1 stamina per second, but sleeping on a sleeping bag gives 1 health for every 30 seconds,

stage 2 infection now causes you to lose 1 stamina per second, 2 health every in game hour as well as lose 1 health every 15 seconds but sleeping on a mattress or single bed will give you 1 health every 15 seconds

stage 3 infection now causes you to lose 2 stamina per second, 5 health ever in game hour as well as lose 1 health ever 5 seconds but sleeping on a large bed will give you 1 health every 5 seconds

Added Hygiene which makes you smell progressively worse and the dirtier you are the more likely you will become infected.

Stage 1 Hygiene is Clean and you will only have a 5% chance of being infected so long as you maintain the Clean Buff

Stage 2 Hygiene is Dirty and becomes active after 24 in game hours without cleaning yourself, being dirty has a 20% chance of being infected when being wounded by spikes or zombies etc

Stage 3 Hygiene is Grimy and becomes active after 48 in game hours without cleaning yourself, being grimy has a 30% chance of being infected when being wounded by spikes or zombies etc

Stage 4 Hygiene is Filthy and becomes active after 72 in game hours without cleaning yourself, being grimy has a 40% chance of being infected when being wounded by spikes or zombies etc

Stage 5 Hygiene is Infectious and becomes active after 96 in game hours without cleaning yourself, being grimy has a 50% chance of being infected when being wounded by spikes or zombies etc

You have a few options in how to clean yourself:

(Bathing) in water will slowly reduce your hygiene, every 24 seconds spent in water will reduce your hygiene by 1 stage

(Rinsing Off) with a wet towel will reduce your hygiene by 12 per wet towel used requiring 2 wet towels to reduce hygiene by 1 stage, towels can be made wet by dunking them directly in water or crafting them with bottled water, a sewing machine and tailoring table is required to craft a dry towel and they can also be found in dressers and night stands, wet towels become dry towels after using them and can be reused

(Rinsing Off Small) with some wet cloth will reduce your hygiene by 6 per wet cloth used requiring 4 wet cloth to reduce hygiene by 1 stage, wet cloth can be crafted with 5 cloth and 1 bottled water, only one cloth is returned upon use, what did you do with the other 4 cloth...?

+Buffs

-Reworked Infection System

-Initial stage of infection can not be seen, only once you have developed a stage 1 infection will you notice you are infected

-Once infected it will slowly increment itself into 4 stages ending in death

-Infection is still treated with antibiotics of all kinds including honey poultice only they now take time to reduce your infection state

-Added new Hygiene System (Special Thanks to Spider for allowing me to adapt and use his idea in my own fashion)

+Items

-Added new wound trigger buffs to all zombie hands, each new wound trigger has a different infection chance based of your hygiene level

-Added wet towel

-Added dry towel

-Added wet cloth

-Changed antibiotics no longer directly debuff infection

-Changed antibiotics now induce a slow acting buff that slowly decreases your infection stage

+Loot

-Added dry towel to dressers and night stands

+Recipes

-Added Dry towel recipe to tailoring table

-Added wet towel recipe

-Added wet cloth recipe

+ItemIcons

-Added new icons for wet towel, dry towel, and wet cloth

+Localization

-Added descriptions to wet towel, dry towel, wet cloth

Update (8/14/16)

Version A 14.7

Fixed all crops and plants will no longer allow you to collect them by pressing E, since you can no longer craft seeds and the only way to get seeds is by punching the plants or using a scythe or machete.

+Blocks

-Changed all CropsGrown classes to Plant class (This change only stops the press E prompt from showing up for a harvest event)

Update (8/19/16)

+Buffs

-Fixed Clean buff to now be applied as soon as you drop below hygiene lvl of 24 and removed buff visibility

-Added Notification Clean Buff that is applied once your hygiene lvl reaches below 2 and is debuffed once your hygiene lvl reaches above 24 this buff is the visible buff that is to tell you when you are fully clean

(hard to explain but this is a much needed fix to the hygiene / infection system)

+Quests

-Changed kill 500 zombies quest to kill 250 zombies. (After play testing I noticed that the quest resets itself after reaching 255 leaving me to believe there is some sort of limit to what the game can handle or keep track of in regards to number of zombies killed.)

+Localization - Quest

-Changed kill 500 zombies quest to kill 250 zombies.

Update (8/20/16)

+Recipes

-Rebalanced all recipes for brick/adobe/concrete blocks to now cost the equivelent amount of resources you get from them due to the new downgrade paths (eg. concrete blocks now require 10 concrete mix and 10 cobblestones to craft directly since concrete blocks downgrade into cobblestone blocks.)

+Progression

-Added full list of hidden modifiers found on Valmar's Thread https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?35233-NOTICE-Hidden-Progression-xml-Features

-This is purely for referencing for future modding purposes and for those that might wish to use my mod files to mod off of.

+Blocks

-Changed upgrade and downgrade paths of window plugs to match the rest of the blocks

Update (8/21/16)

Version A 14.7

+Blocks

-Added Hidden doors for several different block types

-Added trap chest

+Items

-Added Remote for armong trap chests and opening hidden doors

-Added batteries

-Added harvest chance for remotes in couch pieces

+Loot

-Added Remote to a few loot groups

-Added Batteries to a few loot groups

+Recipes

-Added recipe for Remote

-Added recipes for hidden doors

-Added recipes for trap chest

+Localization

-Added localization for new blocks and items

+ItemIcons

-Added several new icons for the new items and blocks

Update (8/21/16)

Version A 14.7

+Blocks

-Added Hidden doors for several different block types

-Added trap chest

+Items

-Added Remote for armong trap chests and opening hidden doors

-Added batteries

-Added harvest chance for remotes in couch pieces

+Loot

-Added Remote to a few loot groups

-Added Batteries to a few loot groups

+Recipes

-Added recipe for Remote

-Added recipes for hidden doors

-Added recipes for trap chest

+Localization

-Added localization for new blocks and items

+ItemIcons

-Added several new icons for the new items and blocks

Thanks for a great mod!

Is it safe to upgrade a server to a new version of your mod (14.7 => 14.7 newer) without wiping?

Update (8/25/16)

Version A 14.7

+Recipes

-Removed Chisel recipe

-Added Trowel Recipe is now crafted at smithing table with anvil

-Reduced omnigel craft time to 60 seconds from 240

-Fixed several brick recipes that were at the forge to now be at the workbench with a trowel

-Changed Smithing Table is now crafted with forged iron at the workbench with a wrench

-Changed Rusty Iron Table is now crafted with scrap Iron at the misc crafting table with a wrench

-Fixed flagstone block recipe now costs 10 cobblestones instead of 3

-Fixed flagstone stairs recipe now costs 10 cobblestones instead of 3

-Added flagstoneDrywallBaseboardBlock recipe

-Added flagstoneDrywallBlock recipe

-Added peachDrywallBaseboardBlock recipe

-Added Glass sliding door recipe

-Reduced cost of all hidden door blocks by half

+Items

-Changed chisel to trowel

+XUI

+Windows.xml

-Changed workbench tools from Chisel to Trowel

+Materials

-Changed brick blocks now have the same structural integrity as cobblestone (slightly better)

+Blocks

-Changed TNT block to now be allowed to be picked up so people can not troll with them

-Added Sliding glass door block for patios

+ItemIcons

-Added Glass door placement block icon

-Added Trowel Icon

+Localization

-Added info for new glass door placement block

-Changed Chisel description to trowel description

Update (8/29/16)

+Items

-Restored shotgun shell and blunderbuss spread back to vanilla values since after extensive testing I can not seem to manipulate the spread at all.

-Slugs remain with a 0 spread since that is using only 1 ray count that is the only value that seems to work properly

+Buffs

-Fixed warmed by fire buff will now ramp up properly the longer you stay by the fire

Note:

I am currently working on balancing weather survival, and after some testing I feel I can in fact perfect the system, this is going to require me to remove any insulation values from armor itself and I will have to create some winter clothing along with desert clothing. I will also be working on adding "seasons" to the biomes so that it will get cold and snow in the forest and plains biomes.

The only thing is that seasons will be based on weather conditions which is based on probability like rain and fog not actual seasons. In fact I will be using fog to do this if all goes well.

Update (8/29/16)

A14.7 Experimental Weather Survival Download

I have done what I can to make weather survival more interesting as well as making most clothing and armor not affect temperature.

NOTE: Temperature changes take about 2-3 in game days before they start to kick in to affect.

Changes I have made:

-Snow Biome is now colder

-Forest / Pine Forest / Plains / City (Diersville) City Wasteland (Gravestown) Now have temperature fluctuations from anywhere between -31F to upwards of 113F, it will now snow in these areas when the temperature is low and it precipitates

-Burnt Forest / Desert / Wasteland are now a bit warmer

Clothing Changes: I am actually really unhappy with the current way insulation works, it is actually impossible to make it work properly, in fact it is actually done the worst imaginable way possible and I hope they change this feature. Or if they allow adding buffs to worn clothing I can make it work that way much better.

Only certain clothing items affect weather temperature:

-leatherDuster +25F

-pufferCoat +30F

-animalHidePoncho +25F

-sweatshirt +15F

-plantFiberHood +10F

-skullCap +10F

-aviatorGoggles +5F

-goggles +5F

-bandana +5F

-tankTopWhite -15F

-cowboyHat -10F

-plantFiberHat -10F

-ballCap -10F

-shades -5F

All other clothing like pants and regular shirts and hide and leather clothing and all armors do not affect temperature!

I am fairly happy with the actual temperature swings of the biomes and I have done my best to implement clothing options to combat this while at the same time still allowing for most clothing / armors to be worn while temperatures are at a comfortable level and no temperature protection clothing is needed.

I would greatly appreciate it if you guys would be willing to play test and lave feedback for these changes before A15 comes so I have some idea as to how it is doing and what tweaking might need to be done.

I can tell you at the very least it will be more interesting than the normal boring old biome temperatures.

Thank you in advance for those that are willing to help play test this.

Archived