Current high demand Pimp Dreams (Constant W.I.P)

Kage

All of those future updates sound awesome, and the game as it is now is great, but I really hope that the Devs create stationary/fixed weapons. A turret would be a prime example but personally I would love to see a cannon put into the works. The blunderbuss is the only blackpowder weapon in the game and I always loved the suspense of the long reload followed by an inaccurate BOOM that's heard in every corner of the town I'm investigating and I think that implementing a cannon for on a horde night would make it a fun defensive weapon.

PS: New to the forums so if I am speaking out of context or in the wrong thread, I apologize. :)

Engineering skill set

Engineering spec should be added so we can craft large engines by finding engine blocks pistons and so on and so forth. That way we can craft planes, dirt bikes, and other means for crafting (such as casting stations for the forges to allow you to make swords, milling stations so you can hone broken engine parts) and even metal lathes so you can make Pistons. And super high level engineers get to use a CNC machine. But honestly I really want a plane in 7 days that would be the ultimate transportation like a little Cessna.

Likes dislikes and improvements

Hey, I've been a fan of this game for 2 years now(1414 hours of playtime thus far) and enjoy all the updates. I like the idea of the new massive zombie. I think it would be interesting if he could grab items(boulders, cars ect and throw them). With the resurrecting zombie I think its great if you add the new ways to kill zombies as already mentioned in alpha 16. I enjoyed the spider zombie as it forces the player to secure building tops. I think the opposite would be great as well. Zombie that could dig. Again forcing the player to rethink building strategies. I'm very glad that you continue to develop the game unlike many many other alpha survival games. If players level up and become harder to kill you could also have zombies that do the same? The longer they are around the more xp they aquire and the harder they are to kill. Another comment i read and one that is very common among hard core gamers especially survival games is the degree of difficulty and being able to set that to hardcore glad to here your adding the die once and your dead mode. Another option would be to limit food and water as a separate category again forcing the player out in to the environment or farming. An addition to this is food going bad. It kinds sucks we can farm forever and never worry about food/water this would add another element to survival aspect. Crops that are not watered or die off because of weather or you need to fertilize to grow? I have played about 14 or so true survival games out there many of the new ones and this one is the best so far. Ark has some great elements as well, however you have captured the single player mode better. The idea of bandits I realize is far off however this would again compliment the game in that after awhile in mid to late game we get bored because we have all the ♥♥♥♥ we need and it needs to be taken or destroyed to add that mid to late game challenge. The trading post is could be added to by having dogs around it to increase the difficulty. Another option would be a traveling trader?? Another aspect with the bandits would be bandit camps you could raid with bandits who of course could shoot back.

Trees grow back too fast providing too many resources. You need a decay system where things are not so permanent with food, crops, water ect... Ark incorporates this well. I know this isn't ark, just thinking of the stuff i like in other survival games. zombie vulture- great!

Anyway, a few suggestions that may be helpful. Keep up the great work and please don't stop improving the game I and others have enjoyed each update. Looking to add to my 1400+ hours played. Hope the dev team had some great holidays! Looking forward to alpha 16!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Generator

It'd be cool if in the future you could build a generator in order to keep the electric running in a house or base. It would be another challenging tool to have, because it would attract zombies by the sound of not placed in the right spot. It also would run your other appliances. It could run on a battery and gas. Sounds like a fun tool to use.

• 3 weeks later...

What about lobbies that can be created by players so they can invite other friends or wait for people to join, once everyone is ready in the lobby it will pick the best server available or allows the lobby creator to host the game with all the settings.

Also all players who have been in the lobby should spawn close to each other or even have different groups that spawn somewhere else.

I think this would make finding other players and servers a lot easier in general.

Food Decay/Rotting System

I'm sorry if it was already suggested.

I'm ok with canned goods, but the current meat/veggies/cooked food state seems op, because it never spoils.

If and when the electric stuff comes out, we could have functional fridges/freezers to slow down rotting process.

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't read through the whole thread, so I'm not sure what's already been said.

For sure, though, I would love to see a swimming skill, the ability to craft boats and other water transportation, and finally CATAPULTS/TREBUCHETS which can be placed.

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering if any thought had been given to possibly adding a recycler type machine, where players could drop numerous items and have it break them down into their scrap pieces while the player does other things (kind of like how the workbench does work for you). Maybe it would require building a cement mixer and combining that with a spinning blade trap or some components from the spinning blade trap.

Love the game and appreciate the work you guys have put into it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hai!

Here is a list of things I would LOVE in the game, I'll probably add to this as I think of things.

- A variety of diagonal railing for stairs, or even more stair variety with built in railing.

- The King bed comes in halves so two people can use it as a spawn point (you put them together to make one king bed - similar to the tv).

- I've seen this before, but in house alarm so you know if someone is entering the vacinity of your property.

- I've also seen this one before - crawling through one block holes.

- This is probably a reaally girly thing, but I actually avoid wearing armor because it looks hideous. Would be good if clothing could hide the armor you're wearing.

- Adding onto my last, does anyone wear other head gear apart from the mining helmet? Would be good if a hat/helmet could override the look of the mining helmet. Does not suit my gear at all. I know it's the apocolypse, but I still want to look good ya know?!!!!!!!!!!

- ...and lastly, a map that shows the whole map! (and then you can zoom in if you liike!) So hard to navigate. Currently using Envul interactive map and it would be nice not to have to use an outside source.

Thanks! Love your work, love the game!!!

Chloe x

Edited by ChloeFox (see edit history)

Mini map and more!!!

Please please please allow for a minimap (which is scalable in the options) instead of the compass. And I have a triple monitor setup, it would be awesome if I could allocate one of those screens as a map screen? Please...

• 3 weeks later...

First of all I just want to say that I love this game and appreciate your efforts to build this wonderful sandbox world. My suggestion is to add stained glass windows. Panes and corner pieces would be great, but even just colored glass blocks would be really great. I got the idea after discovering that Minecraft had implemented stained glass. It was a great addition because it allows me to create artwork in or on structures that shine brilliantly in front of torch light at night and still work as a window during the day. Also, I need the ability to display my religious and cultural dominance to the other players of the world.

• 2 weeks later...

There are 2 things in the game that really don't give a lot of incentive to me when I play, which are challenges and traders. Challenges give 2 skill pts upon completion and can be repeated indefinitely, IF I can manage to find them, which in and of itself is a very low chance, and then there are the traders. In early game, one of my top priorities is farming wood and crops, so as soon as I can make beer and first aid bandages, I no longer have need for a trader. So:

1. I think the challenges should be given by traders so the players no longer have to rely on RNG/Farming

OR

2. Players can craft mailboxes and challenges can spawn inside them.

In either case, the player would have to wait 24hrs to accept another challenge from either the trader or the mailbox, which would prevent spamming challenges. In my opinion this would give players more incentive to interact with traders and would enable players to eventually earn enough skill points to master all skills like in previous alphas without having to rely solely on RNG.

Edited by Jaymunnie (see edit history)

survivor game carpel tunnel

Will there be an autorun feature? and im sure an auto harvest would be too game breaking but maybe there is a skill where one click would equal 5 strikes? After playing this game for a few hours my hand gets cramped from holding the mouse button down.

I enjoy the freedom you ave given to adjust nearly everything. I mainly play then teraform, re-render and play again, I came uopon this dream by accident. The raised mountainous roads and pillars. The catch cant put ladders to climb need to plow a spiral trench to reach POIs and bases in wilderness. My pimp dream is rope or cable, for grappleing hooks, rope bridges, which could lead to mechanical hoists. Loot retrieval, a wagon that holds 2 or more secure boxes to transport to central location speed is regulated by weight. and must burst open at location because the crate has same ai attraction as a door. i create varied environments because i have to think outside the Box or base for each one. examples

http://imgur.com/a/3OQuh. thanks for the freedom

Great ideas for a great game

Rail system

- Tracks: 2 forged Steel + 30 wood + 12 nails per => (workbench) ;

- Minecart Wheel (part): 160 Iron => forge + anvil

- Minecarts: 4 Wheels + 20 forged Iron + 16 springs + 12 mech parts => workbench

* does not move by itself, only with gravity;

- Hand-pump Minecarts: Minecart + 2 handlebars => workbench

* Used as a low tier cart which uses player stamina as fuel to move. Slow and cant hook other carts.

- Steam locomotives: minecart + forge + bucket + headlight => workbench

* middle tier with low speed, medium horse power, low fuel efficiency;

- Gas locomotives: cart + generator + headlight + bucket (or gas barrel) => workbench

* middle top tier, High Horse Power, mid speed and low efficiency, good for cargo carts

- Eletrical locomotives: cart + battery bank + generator + headlight => workbench

* top tier, mid to low HP, High speed, top efficiency.

Horse Power = Watts in terms of engines, same as generators are working

Cargo Cart: cart + box => workbench

* as more carts attached and more slots in it are with itens the more HP and fuel required.

• 3 weeks later...
Rail system

- Tracks: 2 forged Steel + 30 wood + 12 nails per => (workbench) ;

- Minecart Wheel (part): 160 Iron => forge + anvil

- Minecarts: 4 Wheels + 20 forged Iron + 16 springs + 12 mech parts => workbench

* does not move by itself, only with gravity;

- Hand-pump Minecarts: Minecart + 2 handlebars => workbench

* Used as a low tier cart which uses player stamina as fuel to move. Slow and cant hook other carts.

- Steam locomotives: minecart + forge + bucket + headlight => workbench

* middle tier with low speed, medium horse power, low fuel efficiency;

- Gas locomotives: cart + generator + headlight + bucket (or gas barrel) => workbench

* middle top tier, High Horse Power, mid speed and low efficiency, good for cargo carts

- Eletrical locomotives: cart + battery bank + generator + headlight => workbench

* top tier, mid to low HP, High speed, top efficiency.

Horse Power = Watts in terms of engines, same as generators are working

Cargo Cart: cart + box => workbench

* as more carts attached and more slots in it are with itens the more HP and fuel required.

+100000