Medieval Times?

Valmar

Server is up for the night. I'm in the process of adding some new plants. I have them basically set up now on the server but they do still need fine tweaking.

So far I've gotten:

Apple Tree

Leek

Grape Vine

Horsetail

Cabbage

Hops

Wheat

Not sure what else there is to add or indeed can be added at this point without risking using the same block model multiple times.

It also occurs to me that my current farming method may need to be reverted back to vanilla. Currently I have it set so you dont "press e to harvest" plants - you use your hands to pluck them. No prompt. While I do like this I find it may be tricky to tell when one of the new crops are fully grown or are indeed a plant. For example the wheat uses the same texture that some grass uses so it might not be obvious what it is right away. Due to this I will probably bring back the vanilla "press to harvest" system. Might only put it on the new blocks and leave the more common cotton and flowers alone though. Not sure.

The new plants? Well I'm not sure they're ready just yet for that wide of use. I still need to do some preliminary testing. Better safe than sorry, right? I'll speed the day ironing that out and then update the blocks.xml for you.

Oh actually the bowls and sewage ARE in the current blocks.xml!

Its only the new farming plants I have yet to add. I update the pastebin link directly rather than making a new one so the one in the OP, despite the OP being a week old, is always the newest version.

you valmar i didnt tell you my research into lights but once i seen you unlit candle block i had to say this!

i have tested alot of ways to mess with the lights - my major test was to turn them off and turn them back on. unsuccessful so far... however i did find some interesting things about the lights. kinda made me wonder if i could make strobe lights, seeing as i turned off the light but it instantly turned back on. but i was unsuccessful in that too. but with my testing i also found out that it runs the same as a chests - if you change the block the information of the old block is transferred. So turning it off and on was tricky. so i did fail but learned some things about the lights. Im gonna further test them but i will let you know what i find out!

- - - Updated - - -

oh and i do know a way to turn on and off lights - but you wouldnt want to do it. i know you to well

Val any chance of using another program other then pastebin lol. Every time I copy the blocks it pastes really funny it includes the line #s down the side to and gaps etc. Or is it something I am doing lol.. Most likely the latter :-/

what browser are you using? chrome doesnt select the numbers...

you can also use the raw data section (click in it and hit ctrl-a) or use the download button to get a txt file :)

I'll update with the latest version this weekend and do a new rwgmixer with the extra prefabs too and upload to my website.

urgh where is my manners sorry val I am operating on like 3 hrs sleep haha. Please and thanks if you cant that's cool

- - - Updated - - -

what browser are you using? chrome doesnt select the numbers...

you can also use the raw data section (click in it and hit ctrl-a) or use the download button to get a txt file :)

I'll update with the latest version this weekend and do a new rwgmixer with the extra prefabs too and upload to my website.

I am using Microsoft edge win 10 thing lol. Argh yeh I se the raw data my apologies sorry :-(

urgh where is my manners sorry val I am operating on like 3 hrs sleep haha. Please and thanks if you cant that's cool

- - - Updated - - -

I am using Microsoft edge win 10 thing lol. Argh yeh I se the raw data my apologies sorry :-(

ew edge :p

for the record MS browsers are crap :) They have a good history of always being non standards compliant piles of sewage.

Sorry I didnt respond sooner. Been busy updating my Valmod Pack.

@Guppy

Those are some great prefabs. I forgot all about the burntbiome needing attention too lol.

You want a fire that is just fire? I'm not sure. The Fireplace may be good for a lot of things. I could make a invisible block with the fire but I dont know if it'd make the fire invisible took. Worse comes to shove I can make a flat block (one of the super thin ones) that has the fire attached. Would that work?

Archived