Server Tools

dmustanger

hey guys ive been using your servertools 3.7 on my server it rocks i have just switched to starvation mod tho and my /sethome or any of the home related fuctions seem to not work wen i try and set home it reads as (ethome ) and is in orange am i doin something wrong
Hey I've noticed a similar issue before like this myself. When adding additional Plug-ins/mods. it sometimes affects the current in place. Not sure why. if its todo with hooks or other. Anyway all I did was re-add a fresh copy of the Servertools and it worked for me.

Hey Lonestar. Quick bit of info for ya. Noticed on another post you mentioned CBSM it kind of ties in with this too. I hope the following helps ya for the time being.

You can edit the delay between uses in the servertoolsconfig.xml You can also adjust cool down on CBSM. If your using both. then I suggest Set home Delay on Tools and also time to cast a TP Home in CBSM config. I've set mine at 3 mins to cast a teleport home. Preventing players from Combat Logging and using for raid escape. I have usage at 3 days and no abuse. players are careful with its usage this way.

You also mentioned using a feature grab LCB. That's in CBSM. You kind add the instruction to custom commands in servertools. Not 100% but I do believe that will work . If you wan to know how to obtain command info SOMETIMES full infos not available in the guides or wikis out there.

Easy thing I do is log into default admin map allocs. look at the logfiles it shows how Servertools and others with Webpermissions like CBSM issue the command in game. this will show you what's been sent to console then I just mirror that info into the custom commands xml.

Hope this helps.

How do I set level restrictions on using custom commands? For example, for players to use /hubcity, I'd like them to be level 10.
not possible yet

If its authority level. You can do a workaround on this via the normal DM selection obviously customs can have a lot more than one cmd. So for me I do cp add hubcity 10 but bare in mind this means that your players need to be set with access rights at 10. Not for there level ingame. See Valmar. he may have or know of a mod.

Edited by Aribo (see edit history)

not possible yet

updated to v3.5

Added admin prefixes and name coloring

Changed /day7 If the day is the 7th day it will respond that today is the 7th day instead of 7 days from that day

Fixed /clancommands not working still

Fixed default gimme item goldenrod not dropping goldenrodPlant

Fixed Motd adding player name when {PlayerName} was not used

Fixed reserved slots not working proper

Updated invalid items list

Hey dude although where at 3.7 now. Not sure if I told you already but cntlockers and adobe white trim corner can both be crafted at WB and still cause the invalids to ban/kick.

How about adding level restrictions on the gimme system as well?

- Adding support for the shutdown/saveworld command with timer message. you already do a saveworld every XX minutes so a shutdown should be easy.

Don't make me break out my coding skills :)

Hey Lonestarcanuck. does your server itself not have this option in the config? Hosted? Also CBSM has the option too.

Anyway if there's more done on this as per your request, bonus! For now you can simply use the stopserver cmd along with mins you'd like it to stop in.

So cmd stopserver 30 will give response. The servers shutting down in 30 mins it also provides

A countdown timer regularly updating in chat - A message instructing players of the stop - it gets to a min or so far from cmd completion then it saves the world and reboots the server.

Thanks Ari

Edited by Aribo (see edit history)

I wanted to give this a try. So I installed in to the Mods folder. Navigated to Saves/Servertools

enabled a MoTD; joined server, no message. restarted server, checked saves/servertools to ensure MoTD was enabled, rejoined server, nothing.

I did same for infoticker..

no additional xml's created.

removed and installed a fresh copy of 3.7, repeat steps. again nothing.

is this broken?

All I want to do is use this for pingimmunity, MOTD, and periodic messages. Can confirm at least one of those works, and if so, what shall I try to get it working on my server...

Thanks in advance

in the log file does it say it was loaded?

Yes

I was able to get MoTD working.. Ended up removing Servertools, all files that was on the server. Turned off the Server, then installed the Servertools in Mods folder, and boot server. To ensure it worked, I took one more step; turned off server, enabled and adjusted the message before I booted the server back up.

Now, I'm trying to get CustomCommands working..

In /saves/servertools/ServerToolsConfig.xml:

<Tool Name="CustomCommands" Enable="True" ChatColor="[00FF00]" />

In /saves/servertools/customchatcommands.xml:

<Command Command="mod" Response="pm "[00FF00] Mods Available on Server Are: Day7; Economy with Teleport and Home; Increased Stack Sizes; Recipes For Machete and Shears; Stews Return Hydration; No Timers Perk in Skills."" DelayBetweenUses="0" />

<Command Command="cmnds" Response="pm "[00FF00] /day7 will allow you to check when is the next blood moon. /help will bring up commands for Economy and Teleport system."" DelayBetweenUses="0" />

After Save, I tried:

In Game: !cmnds and !mod; Nothing

Restart Server- In Game tried both "/" and "!" versions of commands above. again nothing..

There is NO "Comment Out Tags" (downloaded and edited in Notepad++)

Thanks for your help.

Yes

I was able to get MoTD working.. Ended up removing Servertools, all files that was on the server. Turned off the Server, then installed the Servertools in Mods folder, and boot server. To ensure it worked, I took one more step; turned off server, enabled and adjusted the message before I booted the server back up.

Now, I'm trying to get CustomCommands working..

In /saves/servertools/ServerToolsConfig.xml:

<Tool Name="CustomCommands" Enable="True" ChatColor="[00FF00]" />

In /saves/servertools/customchatcommands.xml:

<Command Command="mod" Response="pm "[00FF00] Mods Available on Server Are: Day7; Economy with Teleport and Home; Increased Stack Sizes; Recipes For Machete and Shears; Stews Return Hydration; No Timers Perk in Skills."" DelayBetweenUses="0" />

<Command Command="cmnds" Response="pm "[00FF00] /day7 will allow you to check when is the next blood moon. /help will bring up commands for Economy and Teleport system."" DelayBetweenUses="0" />

After Save, I tried:

In Game: !cmnds and !mod; Nothing

Restart Server- In Game tried both "/" and "!" versions of commands above. again nothing..

There is NO "Comment Out Tags" (downloaded and edited in Notepad++)

Thanks for your help.

Change pm to say

the mod will auto pm only them unless ! is used

Change pm to say

the mod will auto pm only them unless ! is used

ok. I have changed pm to say

Nothing when I rejoined server

I stopped server, changed adminchatcommand to true>> start and join server, again nothing..

is me being admin an issue? I keep missing my players to test it.

<!-- <Command Command="mod" Response="pm "[00FF00] Mods Available on Server Are: Day7; Economy with Teleport and Home; Increased Stack Sizes; Recipes For Machete and Shears; Stews Return Hydration; No Timers Perk in Skills."" DelayBetweenUses="0" />

<Command Command="cmnds" Response="pm "[00FF00] /day7 will allow you to check when is the next blood moon. /help will bring up commands for Economy and Teleport system."" DelayBetweenUses="0" /> -->

<Command Command="mod" Response="say "[00FF00]Mods Available on Server Are: Day7, Economy with Teleport and Home, Increased Stack Sizes, Recipes For Machete and Shears, Stews Return Hydration, No Timers Perk in Skills.[-]"" DelayBetweenUses="0" />

<Command Command="cmnds" Response="say "[00FF00] /day7 will allow you to check when is the next blood moon. /help will bring up commands for Economy and Teleport system.[-]"" DelayBetweenUses="0" />

I didnt test it. buuuuuuut. should work. GLHF

<!-- <Command Command="mod" Response="pm "[00FF00] Mods Available on Server Are: Day7; Economy with Teleport and Home; Increased Stack Sizes; Recipes For Machete and Shears; Stews Return Hydration; No Timers Perk in Skills."" DelayBetweenUses="0" />

<Command Command="cmnds" Response="pm "[00FF00] /day7 will allow you to check when is the next blood moon. /help will bring up commands for Economy and Teleport system."" DelayBetweenUses="0" /> -->

<Command Command="mod" Response="say "[00FF00]Mods Available on Server Are: Day7, Economy with Teleport and Home, Increased Stack Sizes, Recipes For Machete and Shears, Stews Return Hydration, No Timers Perk in Skills.[-]"" DelayBetweenUses="0" />

<Command Command="cmnds" Response="say "[00FF00] /day7 will allow you to check when is the next blood moon. /help will bring up commands for Economy and Teleport system.[-]"" DelayBetweenUses="0" />

I didnt test it. buuuuuuut. should work. GLHF

tried this. does not work as well.

I looked at the log, these commands seem be calling on CoppisAdditions. Compatibility issue perhaps, i dont know.. oh well

NOTE: MoTD displays on join correctly.. however custom command does not display.

I have a request, is it possible to configure the /day7 command or have an admin version that shows equal or more info but configure the user version so I can just show day 7 and not zombies or minibikes?

as admins we run into lag issues with minimizes so when a player runs /day7 and sees a minibike they take it apart before we can use RAT To find who has it. if I could use that feature as admin only that would rock.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a list of entity id's?

I want to force spawn a deer or pig, but not sure on what to put in.

spawnentity

Thanks.

se uses either the in game id (command without anything for params will display list) or the entityclass name

se animalStag for example

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

I am running a dedicated A16e B129 server on a separate computer that I have, I only have steamcmd on the machine and installed 7d2d server via "start "" steamcmd.exe +login username password +force_install_dir "C:\Steam" +app_update 251570 validate +quit".

I mention that because I read the other user from a while back is having the same issue and was not on dedicated.

so I copied over the mods folder to my root directory "C:\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die", started my dedicated server. went and looked in "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie" and did not see the server tools folder, I opened up the saves folder and did not see it, or in any of the subfolders.

I looked in the root\data\worlds folder and did not see it either, where can I find a log to look at? or what might be the cause? It looks like the mod is not loading in at all, not sure if I need to enable it somehow?

Thanks in advance for advice!

Edited by compuguru992000 (see edit history)

Hello All,

I am running a dedicated A16e B129 server on a separate computer that I have, I only have steamcmd on the machine and installed 7d2d server via "start "" steamcmd.exe +login username password +force_install_dir "C:\Steam" +app_update 251570 validate +quit".

I mention that because I read the other user from a while back is having the same issue and was not on dedicated.

so I copied over the mods folder to my root directory "C:\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die", started my dedicated server. went and looked in "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie" and did not see the server tools folder, I opened up the saves folder and did not see it, or in any of the subfolders.

I looked in the root\data\worlds folder and did not see it either, where can I find a log to look at? or what might be the cause? It looks like the mod is not loading in at all, not sure if I need to enable it somehow?

is the Saves folder located in the root folder? In serverconfig.xml the very last line is a choose saves folder. if this line is active then it will place your saves folder where that line tells it to. if that line in the parameter says "saves" then the saves folder will be located in the C:\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die

if that line is disabled then your save folder goes to C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie

inside the Saves folder you should fond a folder called ServerTools. and your editable config xmls will be there.

Lastly, you must ENABLE the tools in the servertoolsconfig.xml to generate the appropriate editable xmls

<Tool Name="CustomCommands" Enable="False" ChatColor="[00FF00]" />

Must be made "True" to generate your xml in the Saves folder.

Hello All,

App id you use is not dedicated server. Try 294420

Cheers