Server Tools

dmustanger

REQUEST:

So this may have already been requested however i cant see any speak of it lately and i have afew players on my server requesting it.

could players type /backpack and be spawned either on or perhaps within say 20 chunks of there backpack\toolbelt when they die?

When they spawn it could create a zombie free zone of say 5 chunks, so they dont spawn directly on top of a a zombie or anything.

If this is not possible please let me know.

Wouldn't it be easier to set the server up to drop nothing on death?

I have a question ...if i may... Am trying to get custom command do spawn animals with a time delay with server tools , but am a little confused i want to spawn 4 animals like a stag, rabbit, chicken with a 45 min delay ...is it possible ?

And when you set the :

<Tool Name="AutoSaveWorld" Enable="true" DelayBetweenWorldSaves="15" /> why does it not save it as a folder with the time and date ? or if it does i cant seem to find that anywhere at all.

Thanks.

Edited by AdrianVaughan (see edit history)

I have a question ...if i may... Am trying to get custom command do spawn animals with a time delay with server tools , but am a little confused i want to spawn 4 animals like a stag, rabbit, chicken with a 45 min delay ...is it possible ?

And when you set the :

<Tool Name="AutoSaveWorld" Enable="true" DelayBetweenWorldSaves="15" /> why does it not save it as a folder with the time and date ? or if it does i cant seem to find that anywhere at all.

Thanks.

would not be possible to spawn animals this way atm

autosaveworld only runs the console command saveworld

Wouldn't it be easier to set the server up to drop nothing on death?

The Idea is more of a way for players to be able to tele them selves back out where they where adventuring.

We are playing on a randomgen map set to infinite im pretty sure. basically some of the guys take a couple of days travel to go out really far and dont want to have to do that just to die again. lol

But yeah i just wanted to know if this function is possible, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Also wanted to know if i can set it so that if an admin or a mod types /commands they also can see the commands i have allowed for them to post.

I have tested this and it doesn't seem to include this, just tells me the commands from server tools i can run.

Anyway of extending this function.

I am sorry

But.. where config after start ?)

I download, copy on server and start server (dedicated)

i see in cmd - load success

Where i can change needed options for server and not needed?

Thanks!

In the Save folder.

In this is the folder ServerTools where the configs are located.

You can activate the individual functions via ServerToolsConfig.xml.

Hello there :) LOVE these tools!! I have 1 small problem tho, i have set the ping kicker and a player i have on the immunity list keeps getting kicked, any thing i can do to stop that happening?

Love the work! thanks in advance

Updated to v4.0

Added a jail system

Added console command mute (see ConsoleCommandExamples.txt for usage)

Added chat command /bloodmoon (only shows how many more days until bloodmoon) can also set it to auto show every x amount of mins with AutoShowBloodmoonDelay to disable set to 0

Added New spawn tele system (possible for new spawns to be auto teled to a point on the map)

Added a additional option for a gimme item to show a custom name in the chat (GimmeItems.xml will auto update to the new version when the server is started)

Moved mute data to Persistent data

Removed PermissionLevelForMute from ServerToolsConfig.xml, will now need to set the permission level in the serveradmin.xml (example: <permission cmd="mute" permission_level="0" />)

Fixed an error that would happen if a player removed a clan

Motd now displays every time a player spawns not just on join

NOTE: you will need to delete servertools.bin or errors will appear in the log

Edited by dmustanger (see edit history)

Updated to v4.0

Added New spawn tele system (possible for new spawns to be auto teled to a point on the map)

NOTE: you will need to delete servertools.bin or errors will appear in the log

Just trying to suss this statement out. Are you saying new players to the server will tele to this point?

That way they can have a communal starting point?

Also note, delete your servertoolsconfig.xml otherwise the new feature options are not there.

Thanks for all the update and hard work. It is much appreciated.

Just trying to suss this statement out. Are you saying new players to the server will tele to this point?

That way they can have a communal starting point?

Also note, delete your servertoolsconfig.xml otherwise the new feature options are not there.

Thanks for all the update and hard work. It is much appreciated.

with the new player spawn if you enable then go in game and type /setspawn when a new player joins they will auto tele to that point.

the new player must be level 1 and have no crafed items and the tele position must not be 0,0,0

i have no problems with the config not auto updating.

with the new player spawn if you enable then go in game and type /setspawn when a new player joins they will auto tele to that point.

the new player must be level 1 and have no crafed items and the tele position must not be 0,0,0

i have no problems with the config not auto updating.

Great! thanks for the insight.

Hmm, maybe I just did something wrong on my side. After updating and starting the server I realized I may need to make changes for the new features, but the config that opened had no new items.

Stopping the server, and deleting the file and restarting gave me all the new options.

No worries, glad to have the new features. Thanks for what you do!

First, really loving this utility. Thank you much for your efforts. You're awesome.

Question: Is there currently any way to to make one of the custom commands respond with multiple 'say' responses, for example if the response I want to use is a bit too big to fit in the buffer for one chat message? Similar to how the InfoTicker can issue multiple chat outputs at once.

Great utility..

Question on the jail system..

Is there a way to setup the jail system to send a player to jail by a set of rules?

ie player1 kills player2 so player1 would get sent to jail for X amount of time, or if an accident, player2 or a mod can release them.. or even player1 can post "bail" to get out.

Player1 would then be sent to either place he left, his bedroll, or a set location?

Hi am a bit confused about the new spawn/teleport new player system i have it set to this:

<Tool Name="NewSpawnTele" Enable="True" NewSpawnTelePosition="5180.344,4.09375,4919.938" />

which the numbers were done with the /setspawn . I have deleted myself off the server (from save game/random gen/mapname/player and am not on the server admin list. when i join the server it does not spawn me at said location, i DO have tho the starting items you get when you join a server (water , chilli, torch, claimblock, first aid.

Anyone else have this problem ? or know what i did wrong thanks :D

Edit: could it be am trying to spawn player's underground in to a safe house ?

Edited by AdrianVaughan (see edit history)

Hi am a bit confused about the new spawn/teleport new player system i have it set to this:

<Tool Name="NewSpawnTele" Enable="True" NewSpawnTelePosition="5180.344,4.09375,4919.938" />

which the numbers were done with the /setspawn . I have deleted myself off the server (from save game/random gen/mapname/player and am not on the server admin list. when i join the server it does not spawn me at said location, i DO have tho the starting items you get when you join a server (water , chilli, torch, claimblock, first aid.

Anyone else have this problem ? or know what i did wrong thanks :D

Edit: could it be am trying to spawn player's underground in to a safe house ?

because you have been on the server before delete the servertools.bin and try