Server Tools

dmustanger

Hi Please can you make 1 small change to ServerTools?

When it teleports players, it does so silently. There is no record generated in telnet (yes I know you want to get away from telnet) so all teleports it does are indistinguishable from hackers teleporting. My server manager has to detect ServerTools and disable hacker teleport detection because it can't tell the difference between a legit and a hacked teleport.

Can you make it output something to telnet each time it teleports someone? Ideally include the steam id of the player being teleported.

Edited by Smegzor (see edit history)

i can make it so that it will output it to a log, which will allow you to catch it with a phraser. is this what you are looking for? or would you rather it go to console?

I need it in the console because my server manager (bot) runs remotely like CBSM. I only have telnet access.

Config File not being created

My dedicated server is a rental service and has a custom save game folder which I cannot change.

The mod seems to load fine, but the server tools config file is not being created in said custom save game folder.

Is someone able to help me with this?

EDIT: It's resolved now. The mod was not uploaded properly. Now it is and seems to be working fine.

Edited by Jaing (see edit history)

In root/saves/ServerTools/ServerToolsConfig.xml, make sure Tool Name="CustomCommands" Enable="True".

With the server still running, it will generate root/saves/ServerTools/CustomChatCommands.xml

Open CustomChatCommands.xml (preferably with Notepad++)

Add the following and make sure it's not between the default comment markers <!-- --> (text will be green in Notepad++ if it is)

<Command Command="rules" Response="say "[00FF00]This is where the rules go![-]"" DelayBetweenUses="0" />

Hi!

I have been using your stuff since approx version 2.x but now when patch 15.1 come out and I have updated yours to 3.7, I have issue with custom commands -- before I had teleport /city which was teleporting player to certain place but after update server tool says - "CLanManager not enabled" and if I enable it , no teleport happening...

Also old /home data lost , I have folder with all coordinates but when i type in /home it says that nothing set yet...

I don't know if I wasn't thorough enough, but I did check to see if anyone had asked this before. Is there a way to multiple instances of server tools to go along with multiple servers sharing the same box? The server tools folder that goes into Mods is already separate between installs, but the location of the configuration files is the save game folder, which is shared between multiple server (Unless there is a way to split the save folders, which I don't know).

Been using your tool for a while. its wonderful. now i want to have some fun but need a hand

we dont use the /gimmie command. what i want to do is enable it, but have it spawn a zombie bear at their location if they use it instead. how do we do this?

i tried to create a custom chat command to work around this but i could not figure it out. is there a list of variables someplace so i know how to reference a player ID etc..

anyone know how i can achieve my goal? or even better something like /safe would teleport you to coordinates and spawn a certain number of zombies there of my choosing.

for example assuming player lpi = 111

tele 111 10,-1, 10

se 111 43

so it teleport him to that location ( a cage)

and summons strippers on him

can this be done? :)

Been using your tool for a while. its wonderful. now i want to have some fun but need a hand

we dont use the /gimmie command. what i want to do is enable it, but have it spawn a zombie bear at their location if they use it instead. how do we do this?

i tried to create a custom chat command to work around this but i could not figure it out. is there a list of variables someplace so i know how to reference a player ID etc..

anyone know how i can achieve my goal? or even better something like /safe would teleport you to coordinates and spawn a certain number of zombies there of my choosing.

for example assuming player lpi = 111

tele 111 10,-1, 10

se 111 43

so it teleport him to that location ( a cage)

and summons strippers on him

can this be done? :)

This or something like it has been requested a few times. We'll just have to wait and see if dmustanger can/will add it in.

I "might" tinker with it if I get some free time.