Server Tools

dmustanger

Hello, thanks for this amazing MOD!

But there is one problem if the phrase for kick reserved slots is not in English, it's empty. Maybe you can add the ability to use any language in the phrases?

And one question: can i use strings in serveradmin.xml like this?

<permission cmd="resetplayer" permission_level="300"/>

Hey Xorex, you can do this ingame too via the console - cp add rp 300

i use 3.9 version MD5-84BCE1428D35A9D42806BF2683C1644D for .DLL

before start the server, all config files was deleted for generate new

I also am getting the config file saying its version 3.1 yet the mod info file says its 3.9

Also after turning gimme on i dont get a gimme file loaded to modify, the saves directory still only has the 2 config files.

1st, you shouldnt remove files really, whilst your servers running it will most definatley cause you problems and the same goes for adding them. Editing the mod xml is generally fine. Dont edit game .xmls at all with it running. 2nd you may still have that because you should also delete the servertools.bin from the games seed folder in your random gen saves if you changed the mod to latest whilst running then the .bin Wont have updated correctly nor will the mod

Hey,

I am using tc admin 2!

I delete the ServerToolsConfig.xml file with the server running and I still have the version <Version Version = "3.7" />

1st, Generally with a few exceptions. You shouldnt remove files really, whilst your servers running it will most definatley cause you problems and the same goes for adding them. Consider it as you would an application install as thats what your doing here.

Editing the servertoolsconfig.xml is fine as the Author states. this can be done live. several mods allow this

Dont edit the main game .xmls at all with it running.

2nd you may still have that because you should also delete the servertools.bin from the games seed folder in your random gen saves I state this because you changed the mod to latest whilst the server is running so the servertools.bin and .dll wont have updated correctly at all nor will the mod

Especially If you still have the mod from using it in Alpha 15.

I know deletion will regenerate a new servertoolsconfig.xml file on reboot. They wont generate a new version of the .bin or .dll if they not been deleted. Especially when live as these files are already running

Please correct me if am wrong on this.

I hope this helps,

Ari

Edited by Aribo (see edit history)

Thanks got it.. Apparently when I updated servertools the dll file did not update correctly.. so I had to stop server and remove / update; after all said and done config file came up to current.. works fine now =)

DONT. Update Mods Or add them whilst the Server is Running. You will ALWAYS have issues. the dll's will already be running.

If An Author Says its config file can be edited live then fine. Usually in .xml format. However As regards .dll and .bin you will have problems Because the servers needing a restart to regerate these. The Old Versions will already be running and therefore not update or regenerate at all.

Ari

Edited by Aribo (see edit history)

Im not sure what you referencing me to, take me to the previous post. I have only been running my server since A16, only downloaded this mod 4 days ago and am getting it saying its version is 3.1 i have stopped the server deleted file then reloaded and still get 3.1. Also as stated Gimme not working, nor am i getting a MOTD config, or anything. im gonna try tonight removing all files and re-adding. Will post my findings.

Im not sure what you referencing me to, take me to the previous post. I have only been running my server since A16, only downloaded this mod 4 days ago and am getting it saying its version is 3.1 i have stopped the server deleted file then reloaded and still get 3.1. Also as stated Gimme not working, nor am i getting a MOTD config, or anything. im gonna try tonight removing all files and re-adding. Will post my findings.

Post the log file if it still does not work.

Post the log file if it still does not work.

Ok so not sure what the issue was, i deleted all files redownloaded and extracted, started it up, shut it down, updated config, started it up again and this time i have files. hhmmm. really strange. oh well. guess i can test this out now and report my findings. Thanks for the quick responses.

i just downloaded server tools and was looking in the custom commands is there a way in there to set up a N/S/E/W teleport for players ?

Thanks

<!-- <Command Command="tradepost" Response="tele {EntityId} -310 -1 1010" DelayBetweenUses="60" /> -->

you can set up a desired teleport location with a command like so. however i do not believe the cooldown works, unless dmustanger has fixed in recent updates.

<!-- <Command Command="tradepost" Response="tele {EntityId} -310 -1 1010" DelayBetweenUses="60" /> -->

you can set up a desired teleport location with a command like so. however i do not believe the cooldown works, unless dmustanger has fixed in recent updates.

Thanks works like a charm :)

1st, Generally with a few exceptions. You shouldnt remove files really, whilst your servers running it will most definatley cause you problems and the same goes for adding them. Consider it as you would an application install as thats what your doing here.

Editing the servertoolsconfig.xml is fine as the Author states. this can be done live. several mods allow this

Dont edit the main game .xmls at all with it running.

2nd you may still have that because you should also delete the servertools.bin from the games seed folder in your random gen saves I state this because you changed the mod to latest whilst the server is running so the servertools.bin and .dll wont have updated correctly at all nor will the mod

Especially If you still have the mod from using it in Alpha 15.

I know deletion will regenerate a new servertoolsconfig.xml file on reboot. They wont generate a new version of the .bin or .dll if they not been deleted. Especially when live as these files are already running

Please correct me if am wrong on this.

I hope this helps,

Ari

Hello how are you?

Thanks for commenting and helping me.

Well, this was what I had to do to update the mod: stop the server, delete the folder I had created for the mod Server Tools, download the latest version, unzip it and re-create the folder on the server and insert the files. After all this let the server run again and the mod is now with the latest version and with the new options but the servertoolsconfig.xml appears to me with version 3.1, this has me confused. Sorry for the inconvenience.

REQUEST:

So this may have already been requested however i cant see any speak of it lately and i have afew players on my server requesting it.

could players type /backpack and be spawned either on or perhaps within say 20 chunks of there backpack\toolbelt when they die?

When they spawn it could create a zombie free zone of say 5 chunks, so they dont spawn directly on top of a a zombie or anything.

If this is not possible please let me know.