Absolutely lucky? or impossible?

In Vanilla on day 1 ? That's actually impossible. Motorcycle parts are T2 parts and you can only find them from loot level 80 and even at loot level 80 they are extremely rare. And you can't find a complete motorcycle anyway.

2 hours ago, RipClaw said:

In Vanilla on day 1 ? That's actually impossible. Motorcycle parts are T2 parts and you can only find them from loot level 80 and even at loot level 80 they are extremely rare. And you can't find a complete motorcycle anyway.

Then goddamn I need sleep

This may be my Flying Dutchman motorcycle...returned from the beyond.

Don't ride it! ...or you may find yourself standing on its seat...unable to get off until death!

True story!

-Arch Necromancer Morloc 💀

I wish we had to find a stethoscope for dial combination locks and lock picks for doors and cars. The stethoscope obviously wouldn't break, so I am not sure how that mini game should function, but a lockpick ain't it 

Maybe like a wheel jackpot where you have to click as the symbol rolls around. The higher the stethoscope, the slower the wheels turn. Random reference, but I am thinking like the end level power up jackpot from Super Mario 2 :)

4 hours ago, warmer said:

I wish we had to find a stethoscope for dial combination locks and lock picks for doors and cars. The stethoscope obviously wouldn't break, so I am not sure how that mini game should function, but a lockpick ain't it 

Cracking a safe with a stethoscope is a myth perpetuated by Hollywood movies. The Mythbusters tested it. There was so much background noise that they could barely hear anything.

In mods there are lockpicking mini games that are much more enjoyable than in vanilla.

Edited by RipClaw (see edit history)

42 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

In mods there are lockpicking mini games that are much more enjoyable than in vanilla.

No need for any mini-games. TES experimented with this. Of course, it's interesting to hack a couple of times, but then it gets boring - a waste of time.

50 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

Not worth it.  It's bad enough in a game like Skyrim where you only have to do it once in a while.  But with how often you're picking locks in this game, it would be a nightmare.  No, thanks.  I'm happy that's not in vanilla.  And if it was, I'd have to invest in the timed charges or just auger my way through the locks all the time just to avoid dealing with it all the time.

1 hour ago, RipClaw said:

the lockpicking "mini games" i've come across in whichever mods/overhaul mods of 7 Days, were downright annoying, they absolutely should not be in vanilla, for various reasons; have them via mods - sure, but when they can't be switched back to normal lockpicking, even in the overhaul mods it makes me not want to play anymore, horrible idea that is no fun and just extremely annoying

7 hours ago, Riamus said:

Not worth it.  It's bad enough in a game like Skyrim where you only have to do it once in a while.  But with how often you're picking locks in this game, it would be a nightmare.  No, thanks.  I'm happy that's not in vanilla.  And if it was, I'd have to invest in the timed charges or just auger my way through the locks all the time just to avoid dealing with it all the time.

I really wish TFP would rethink the decision to make loot boxes locked. It’s one of my least favorite changes they have made. If the only locked items were safes and police cars, a mini game or the current system would be much more tolerable. 

8 hours ago, RipClaw said:

Cracking a safe with a stethoscope is a myth perpetuated by Hollywood movies. The Mythbusters tested it. There was so much background noise that they could barely hear anything

While I can agree it doesn't make a lot of sense, it makes MORE sense than a lock pick lol. There really shouldn't be any background noise like in myth busters. There are no machinery/electricity/fans/traffic so your background noise floor will be SUPER low. The people that are experts do it 100% on feel, but that ONLY works on a well lubricated lock or you would never be able to tell the difference.

Edit: Well look at that. Yes you can

https://youtu.be/ihVUdpdBhJU?si=i_9mrwnwQeD2sHVx

Edited by warmer (see edit history)

14 hours ago, Suxar said:

No need for any mini-games. TES experimented with this. Of course, it's interesting to hack a couple of times, but then it gets boring - a waste of time.

I have played several overhauls with the mini game. And it´s way less frustrating than rng breaking your lockpicks at under one second three times in a row or breaking so fast you don´t even see the timer. I prefer skill based instead of random luck, even when it´s a really easy mini game.  It´s not TES style, it´s like in Fallout.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

Fallout was just as bad.  If you rarely pick locks, it works. Otherwise, it is just annoying.  And this game requires a lot of lockpicking unless you ignore all the locks or break them open.

16 minutes ago, Riamus said:

And this game requires a lot of lockpicking unless you ignore all the locks or break them open.

The moment you get a steel pick, you change a completely unpredictable waste of time into a defined waste of less time. I Never bother to waste the inv slot for lockpicks after that - and admittedly, rarely even before that (not that many things to unlock, and a wrench will do in a pinch). Maybe if Jailbreakers were a loot drop, I might take a lockpick with me when I happen to have one...

33 minutes ago, theFlu said:

The moment you get a steel pick, you change a completely unpredictable waste of time into a defined waste of less time. I Never bother to waste the inv slot for lockpicks after that - and admittedly, rarely even before that (not that many things to unlock, and a wrench will do in a pinch). Maybe if Jailbreakers were a loot drop, I might take a lockpick with me when I happen to have one...

But that wouldn't change with a lockpicking mini-game.  We're talking about all the times you do use lockpicks in the earlier game and every game you play.

Lockpicking in this game is horrible. Throwing points into lockpicking doesn't really seem to have any effect on how quickly and randomly they break. And having a streak of picks breaking one after the other within less than a second is just.. ugh.

7 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

It´s not TES style, it´s like in Fallout.

TES V and Fallout 4 implement lockpicking in absolutely the same way. The only thing that distinguishes them is the textures.

3 hours ago, Old Crow said:

Throwing points into lockpicking doesn't really seem to have any effect on how quickly and randomly they break.

There is an influence. Without the skill of hacking, the lockpicks decrease, with a pumped skill they accumulate. Well, the fact that they sometimes break 5 pieces in a row is all the will of the great random.

I'm no massive gamer, ie i don't play a huge amount of games; regardless, in 7 Days, in my humble opinion, lockpicking should be what it already is, in vanilla (the concept i mean), ie try one or more times in the simplest fashion there is (ie the vanilla method) to get the lock picked; ---> to get what's inside, i have zero interest in that task being a "mini game" of any sort, i simply want to get what's inside, i don't want it to be like some strange "mini game" to open a lock; again just my humble opinion (and yes - i find those mini game" methods too difficult which is partly why i don't like them ; let's not forget, zombies could be trying to eat you at any moment, whilst we need challenges in such a game, "mini games" are not it) 

3 hours ago, Suxar said:

TES V and Fallout 4 implement lockpicking in absolutely the same way. The only thing that distinguishes them is the textures.

There is an influence. Without the skill of hacking, the lockpicks decrease, with a pumped skill they accumulate. Well, the fact that they sometimes break 5 pieces in a row is all the will of the great random.

Well then FO76 did it different. TES has the pins you need to arrange and represents actual lockpicking way more then what the mod and FO76 do, wich is really not enjoyable. FO76 has the hair pins and it´s easy, same for 7 days it´s not really hard. But tbh everything is better than just watching a timer going down and hoping for luck, i rather break it with a stone axe than doing that.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Riamus said:

But that wouldn't change with a lockpicking mini-game.

It might; skill based picking doesn't make me annoyed as easily. While it might on paper be still "just as random", it'd at least be partially in my control. And I'm assuming the easy-to-break things would be easy-to-pick as well.

Of course even with a mini-game there are thresholds where the pickaxe becomes the better option.

Heh, from "did I loot an impossible item" to a lockpicking thread... :)

18 minutes ago, Morloc said:

You guys don't know how good you have it....

I dunno man, while that's graphically obnoxious by current standards, it looks like a perfectly deterministic shape recognition -puzzle. I wouldn't hate that any more than I do the current one.. :)