• Snow
    • Wasteland
  2. 2. Lease favorite

• Forest
    • Burnt forest
    • Desert
    • Snow
    • Wasteland

I generally enjoy cold weather, so the snowy biome is my favourite -- the howling wind, the crunchy snow underneath, the bright white landscape, and the abundance of furry wild animals to kill and grill. Strange that I haven't invested in any survive-the-element perks or have any thermal mods and I've been able to ride right in in my athletic gear. I've got a chest full of thermal liner mods and I haven't needed them.

The wasteland is my least favourite because it's so bleak and depressing and the rubble makes off-roading costly in repair kits. I by no means refuse to go there, or "hate" it, it's just my least favourite. It's like in Battlefield 1943 - Wake Island and Guadalcanal were as just pretty as postcards, but Iwo Jima was simply duller like it was at sunset. I also think the Wasteland is too similar to the Burnt Forest.

I like the forest biome the best. 

I like the burnt biome and the desert biome equally for opposite reasons. I like the gloom and desolation of the burnt biome the desert has the emptiness that appeals to me and then you hear the bird songs and it's not bad at all. 

I like the forest biome most and wasteland least.

I also do like the desert biome but not for living. Just because of the items available.

yucca, aloe, oil shale plus other regular things available that are in other biomes for loot

6 minutes ago, Gamida said:

I like the forest biome most and wasteland least.

I also do like the desert biome but not for living. Just because of the items available.

yucca, aloe, oil shale plus other regular things available that are in other biomes for loot

I might give the desert a try soon my base rn is in the wasteland and about to have my day 42 horde 

8 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

I might give the desert a try soon my base rn is in the wasteland and about to have my day 42 horde 

I died

My favorite was old school Pine Forest, back when regular Forest was different.  Now its probably Burnt.  Free coal when chopping wood is nice early.  Powers my campfires and forges and leaves wood to.. sit on my storage boxes.  But seriously, its weird that the burnt out biome actually provides quite a bit more burn-time-per-tree than anywhere else.  Seems like they should reduce the wood-per-tree in the biome.

Least favorite was Burnt, until someone pointed out that annoying couple-seconds-long sound loop was Ambient and could be turned off.  I was hearing that in my dreams.  I was humming along with it while in the biome.  It drove me mad.  The moaning wind is a nice touch, but it needs to be a much, much longer loop.

Now my least favorite is Wasteland.  For driveability reasons, only.  But I'll say the abundance of zombies and dogs in the Wasteland Cities are really nice.  Almost like the old a12/a13 cities. 

I put Pine Forest as favorite and Burnt Forest as the least favorite, but that is solely based on likelihood of setting up a base in the area (if I had a choice of all of them).

I actually enjoyed in the past setting up bases in the Desert and Snow biomes.  Wasteland is still viable of a base location, but solely based on difficulty level.

Though all of this is subject to change since I became a modder and it is easy for me to adjust the difficulty level of any biome to match the wasteland biome so maybe down the road I create a small mod that makes the Pine Forest, Desert, and Snow biomes the same difficulty level as the wasteland biome, but less debris on the ground  😁

I chose burnt for my favorite just because I really like the ambiance there that you just really don't have anywhere else.  But I probably wouldn't build a base there.  In general, the forest just has better scenery and so I like it for bases.  Snow is also really nice and I don't mind the desert.  So those four are all pretty close to equal for me.  But the wasteland is definitely my least favorite biome.  And that's almost solely due to the iron all over the place.  It gets old really quickly.

3 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

I think you mean least, not lease.

I thought this was a new game feature where there was a NPC in game that you had to pay rent to stay in the biomes  😁

You must pay 200k dukes before entering your favorite biome 

9 minutes ago, Riamus said:

I chose burnt for my favorite just because I really like the ambiance there that you just really don't have anywhere else.  But I probably wouldn't build a base there.  In general, the forest just has better scenery and so I like it for bases.  Snow is also really nice and I don't mind the desert.  So those four are all pretty close to equal for me.  But the wasteland is definitely my least favorite biome.  And that's almost solely due to the iron all over the place.  It gets old really quickly.

I wish the wasteland had more junk laying around 

44 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

I wish the wasteland had more junk laying around 

I'd be happy with more broken buildings and remnants and blast holes and crumbled walls and whatever else like that.  But random metal every 2-3m everywhere outside of the town itself makes no sense.  And even if you want to say that's just an abstraction of the destruction, then that should be inside the town rather than outside it for the most part.  (I am NOT suggesting they do that because if I have to drive around all that iron inside the town, I will just leave the wasteland and never return -- or at least mod it out).

2 hours ago, Riamus said:

Yeah, the loot is nice but I hate driving through it (wasteland).

It is dreary besides, and the noises get on my nerves. I don't care for burnt either because of the ugliness.

The other biomes are ok, although forest is best looking.

9 hours ago, Krougal said:

Yeah, the loot is nice but I hate driving through it (wasteland).

There was good production in A20, but now it is not so good. At least in an hour of playing, you won’t get 100,000 worth of loot anymore.

Favorite is desert, just for the light and the color palette 🥰.

Also it is easy for me to mistype and make into "dessert", which is quite funny, so extra points for "dessert biome" 😋.

Least favorite I think burnt forest or wasteland, because they are depressing, although wasteland is not as dark as in a21, I still do not like it. And personally I couldn't care less about higher loot stage or whatever. 

Edited by LittleRedSonja
typos (see edit history)

On 8/15/2024 at 7:09 AM, LittleRedSonja said:

Favorite is desert, just for the light and the color palette 🥰.

Also it is easy for me to mistype and make into "dessert", which is quite funny, so extra points for "dessert biome" 😋.

Least favorite I think burnt forest or wasteland, because they are depressing, although wasteland is not as dark as in a21, I still do not like it. And personally I couldn't care less about higher loot stage or whatever. 

I'm starting to like the desert now but it could uses more life like flowers and maybe special trees 

I love how much life spawns in the desert but imo deer should spawn too I've only found boar, coyotes, wolfs rabbit, chickens, and cougars 

Meanwhile the forest has bearly any life no hogs, only chicken, noodles, rabbits and deer